Odyssey Low battery charge warning light

QX

Oct 14, 2011, 7:03:19 PM10/14/11
Low battery charge warning light.

Does anyone know if Honda has cured this problem on the 2012 Odyssey?
Seems to be a real annoyance with the 2010 and 2011 models.
Thanks

Tegger

Oct 14, 2011, 8:31:27 PM10/14/11
QX <Q...@X.net> wrote in news:4rfh97hcboahj6dth...@4ax.com:

> Low battery charge warning light.
>
> Does anyone know if Honda has cured this problem on the 2012 Odyssey?
> Seems to be a real annoyance with the 2010 and 2011 models.

I'll bet it's an annoyance. But it's not a defect, it's a
Congress/Obama "feature".

Remember that new 35mpg CAFE standard? Guess how many hoops
Honda's trying to jump through to meet that standard and still
offer you a 3.5L V6 engine?

Read Honda's carefully-worded press release, here:
<http://www.hondanews.com/releases/2011-honda-odyssey-powertrain?query=odyssey>
Not that fuel economy is mentioned twice in the battery section.

Honda did something similar in the early-'90s, with a cruder form
of the "low battery" light. It was called the Electrical Load
Detector (ELD). It too was intended to increase gas mileage,
and it too caused myriad problems until Honda got the bugs
worked out.

You guys may feel confident and reassured when your elected
representatives ditch the gridlock and take decisive action,
but you sure don't like the side-effects!

--
Tegger
Message has been deleted