Speaker replacement. Easy? Hard?

ccho...@ppc.edu

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
I'm replacing my factory rear speakers in my '91 Accord LX. I just
purchased the Sony Xplode series, and was wondering how difficult is it
to replace them.

Any help is appreciated? Thanks.

-Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

RM

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
>I'm replacing my factory rear speakers in my '91 Accord LX. I just
>purchased the Sony Xplode series, and was wondering how difficult is it
>to replace them.

what you need:

1) correct size speaker
2) 10mm socket, phillips screwdriver
3) speaker wiring harnesss adapter (or cut connector off old speaker
to make your own adapters)
4) soldering iron/heat shrink tubing to make adapters or connect
adapters to lugs to plug into speakers
(BTW you can get honda speaker wiring adapters at Circuit City for a
couple bucks for a pair)

procedure:

unplug speaker connections in trunk, loosen and/or remove 10mm bolts
that hold speaker basket in place. Lift out baskets, remove screws
that hold cover on and hold speaker to basket. Connect wiring harness
adapters to new speakers, reverse procedure to install. Remove any
wristwatches when installing speakers or magnets can screw up your
watch.

Gene S. Berkowitz

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
In article <sap9l7a...@corp.supernews.com>, rpa...@cport.com says...

> > Remove any wristwatches when installing speakers or magnets can screw up
> your watch.
>
> Hmm...Good point. I never thought of that.

My $15 Casio digital has no problems at all...

--Gene

Big Bad Bob

Feb 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/18/00
Ya, I have always taken my rings and watch off when I work on cars. My dad
got me doing that after he temporarily welded his wedding ring to a battery
post trying to remove one of the battery clamps. the wrench was touching his
ring and the ring touched the other post. But this is getting a little off
topic, so I'm gonna shut up. :-)

BBB