Stereo Installation

Richard J. Brenner

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

I am trying to install a Sony CD-player in my 89 LX and the wiring harness
that I bought doesn't seem to match up correctly with the factory wiring.
I get power, illumination, memory, but no sound. The speakers are wired
correctly but the car has a factory amp and I can't seem to figure out the
correct wiring for it. If anyone knows the correct wiring , I'd appreciate
the help

Thanks
Rick
89 LX 5.0 convertable

SVTSnake

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

Richard,

Just dig a little deeper in the center dash. (Behind the radio and up
and to the right.) And you will find the factory amp. It is silver colored
and is kind of 6 sided. On the output side of the amp, there are the two
plugs that you need. These will let you by-pass the amp and have all of the
correct wires. There's a black plug and a gray plug, similar to the ones
coming out of the radio. I hope this helps.

Brian

MaxWedge (Mr. Mopar)

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

> Richard,
>
> Just dig a little deeper in the center dash. (Behind the radio
> and up
> and to the right.) And you will find the factory amp. It is silver
> colored
> and is kind of 6 sided. On the output side of the amp, there are the
> two
> plugs that you need. These will let you by-pass the amp and have all
> of the
> correct wires. There's a black plug and a gray plug, similar to the
> ones
> coming out of the radio. I hope this helps.
>
> Brian

The factory amp is on the floor directly behind the radio in the 89.

--
This Wedgehead does NOT accept spam,
or "informational mailings" of any kind.

To Reply, remove the NOSPAMMING and send.

MaxWedge (Mr. Mopar)

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

Richard J. Brenner wrote:

> I am trying to install a Sony CD-player in my 89 LX and the wiring
> harness
> that I bought doesn't seem to match up correctly with the factory
> wiring.
> I get power, illumination, memory, but no sound. The speakers are
> wired
> correctly but the car has a factory amp and I can't seem to figure out
> the
> correct wiring for it. If anyone knows the correct wiring , I'd
> appreciate
> the help
>

> Thanks
> Rick
> 89 LX 5.0 convertable

You can get a bypass harness for the factory amp.