New Mitsubishi?

LKRZ

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Saw a truck load of brand new Mitsubishi coupes a couple of days ago. Looked
bigger than the Eclipse, had ``V6'' on the side. No model designation on the
rear. Had a GTS or GT or some such on the back, can't remember exactly what.
Anybody know what it is?

Nathan J. Nagel

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Also sprach lk...@aol.comnospam:

>Saw a truck load of brand new Mitsubishi coupes a couple of days ago. Looked
>bigger than the Eclipse, had ``V6'' on the side. No model designation on the
>rear. Had a GTS or GT or some such on the back, can't remember exactly what.

Probably the new Eclipse. It is larger (good for those who want an Eclipse but
feel like carrying back seat passengers every now and then) and is available
with a V6 now instead of a turbo four. But judging from what I've sen in
AutoWeek and R&T I don't think it's going to be as popular as the old ne, it's
lost some of it's hard-coreness.

nate

Keith Casey

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
The new Eclipse is a big bucket of suck. Run for the hills. No More AWD, no
more Turbo. It's basically a differently styled Galant.

They're trying to make the Eclipse a "world car".

You want New AWD on a budget? Get a Subaru or an Audi. Add a turbo? Audi. Or
hold your breath for the Subaru WRX rumored to be here as a 2001 or 2002
model.

Mitsu de-alienated many drivers of the 1st Gen Eclipse/Laser/Talon that are
just about now looking to trade up to a new car. Oh well.

Subscribe to alt.autos.mitsubishi to see what they are saying about it. It's
not good.

Now if only Mitsu would bring over the Lancer Evo VI or the Galant VR-4, now
that would restore my faith in Mitsu.

Keith Casey
Sold My Eagle Talon TSi and bought a Subaru WRX wannabe 2.5RS.

LKRZ <lk...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

> Saw a truck load of brand new Mitsubishi coupes a couple of days ago.
Looked
> bigger than the Eclipse, had ``V6'' on the side. No model designation on
the
> rear. Had a GTS or GT or some such on the back, can't remember exactly
what.

Dave C.

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Yup, the general consensus among Mitsu. lovers is that they *hate* the
new Eclipse. It is supposed to replace both the defunct 3000 line and
the Eclipse line. . . but it apparently doesn't do either well. -Dave

On hotmail dot com, I am user "mandrake6".

Nathan J. Nagel wrote in message

Kip C. Anderson

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Not only that, but without the option of AWD and a turbo (a tuner favorite),
they have condemned the car to the indescriminate masses who might otherwise
shop for an Accord on the same day.

The GSX was a sports car. This new abomination only pretends to be . . .

--
Kip C. Anderson
kca at rio dot com

Kip C. Anderson

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99

Keith Casey <kpc...@ibm.net> wrote in message

> The new Eclipse is a big bucket of suck. Run for the hills. No More AWD,
no
> more Turbo. It's basically a differently styled Galant.
>
> They're trying to make the Eclipse a "world car".
>
> You want New AWD on a budget? Get a Subaru or an Audi. Add a turbo? Audi.

How 'bout twin turbo V6??? The new S4 - available soon . . . (now?)

LKRZ

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
> You want New AWD on a budget? Get a Subaru or an Audi. Add a turbo? Audi.
>
>How 'bout twin turbo V6??? The new S4 - available soon . . . (now?)

Thanks for the info. I've also seen a truckload of the new Audi's. That's a
great looking car.
Can't say the same for the new Jaguar. Really hate that one. Lost the great
lines it always had. Can see the Ford in it.
I've spent a lot of time of I-80, I-35 and I-55 recently. Not much to look at
but the passing traffic. Cornfields get real old real fast. I'll have to catch
up with the motor press.

Ben Clement

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
Though from what I read in motor trend, I believe less than 5% of all
eclipses sold were the GSX model. If it were more popular they probably
would've kept it.

Ben

Kip C. Anderson <kca at rio dot com> wrote in message

> Not only that, but without the option of AWD and a turbo (a tuner
favorite),
> they have condemned the car to the indescriminate masses who might
otherwise
> shop for an Accord on the same day.
>
> The GSX was a sports car. This new abomination only pretends to be . . .
>

> --
> Kip C. Anderson
> kca at rio dot com

sh...@my-deja.com

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
In article <7otom6$q87$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

"Ben Clement" <igm...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Though from what I read in motor trend, I believe less than 5% of all
> eclipses sold were the GSX model. If it were more popular they
probably
> would've kept it.

I believe you have that backwards. 5% of all the eclipses *made* were
the GSX model. I am sure that if they made more, they would have
sold more. They sold all of that 5%!

No mention was ever made of what percentage of the whole the Talon Tsi
AWD was. I would be interested to see this, since the Talon was a
cheaper car.

Josh Wingell
'97 Eclipse GSX - 13....@100.52mph / 1.768s 60ft
Best mph - 101.54 Best 60ft - 1.68s

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Keith Casey

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Hiya Josh. :)

Keith Casey

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Yeah that too! (Although a bit pricy)

> Keith Casey <kpc...@ibm.net> wrote in message
> > The new Eclipse is a big bucket of suck. Run for the hills. No More AWD,
> no
> > more Turbo. It's basically a differently styled Galant.
> >
> > They're trying to make the Eclipse a "world car".
> >

> > You want New AWD on a budget? Get a Subaru or an Audi. Add a turbo?
Audi.

> How 'bout twin turbo V6??? The new S4 - available soon . . . (now?)

Aaron T. Larson

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
In article <7otom6$q87$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "Ben Clement" <igm...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Though from what I read in motor trend, I believe less than 5% of all
>eclipses sold were the GSX model. If it were more popular they probably
>would've kept it.

They sold EVERY turbo car they ever built. At the end of the year they have
TONS of the non turbo cars still on the lots... If they had built more, they
would have sold more.

Aaron

Aaron T. Larson - ICQ: 3197252
ATL Computer Services - http://fp1.cyberhighway.net/~aaronl
East Minico Jr. High Teacher - http://east.sd331.k12.id.us
CSI Computer Instructor - http://www.csi.edu

Fasgrl2

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
I agree with you on that point.

I am in search of a Spyder GST with manuel transmission.

I have no problem finding GS Spyders with Auto trannies.
I think the Dealers are having a hard time getting rid of the cars.

It won't be until the general buying population realizes how ugly the Y2K
eclipse is..then they will buy all the left over 2 gens.

But then again alot of people had problems with the appearance of the 2 gen
eclipses when they first came out.

ALL I WANT IS MY MANUEL GST_SPYDER

IS THERE A SANTA CLAUS??????

lifes a journey: enjoy the pitstops and.....
maximize the straights O----O\>......
Talon Tsi AWD
Galant VR4 # 268/2000

Santa Claus

Aug 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/15/99
In article <19990813085307...@ng-cg1.aol.com>,
fas...@aol.com (Fasgrl2) wrote:
<snippage>

> ALL I WANT IS MY MANUEL GST_SPYDER
>
> IS THERE A SANTA CLAUS??????

ho! Ho! HO! Fasgrl12!

Santa couldn't help but overhear your question. I'll see what I can do
but, to be honest, there's only so much room in the sleigh (*wink*)!

Merry Christmas!

Santa Claus
Hea...@EmailSanta.com www.EmailSanta.com
EmailSanta proudly supports children's help lines worldwide

Acer Victoria

Aug 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/15/99

sorry, i don't recall the address to submit to; one of you folks do...

/Acer Victoria
--
goosnargh

Marc

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
"Keith Casey" <kpc...@ibm.net> wrote:

>The new Eclipse is a big bucket of suck. Run for the hills. No More AWD, no
>more Turbo. It's basically a differently styled Galant.
>
>They're trying to make the Eclipse a "world car".
>

>You want New AWD on a budget? Get a Subaru or an Audi. Add a turbo? Audi. Or
>hold your breath for the Subaru WRX rumored to be here as a 2001 or 2002
>model.

Given the lack of availability of the 2.5RS in the South, I don't
think that there will be too many around here for sale. I had to
search pretty hard to drive a 2.5RS, and might have gotten one, but
the acceleration wasn't up to the power numbers. If it was available
in a light-weight version, I would have gotten it. Sunroof and all
that just don't interest me.

>Now if only Mitsu would bring over the Lancer Evo VI or the Galant VR-4, now
>that would restore my faith in Mitsu.

Or something with MIVEC (or whatever their acronym is).

Marc

John Weir

Aug 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/27/99
LKRZ (lk...@aol.comnospam) wrote:
: > You want New AWD on a budget? Get a Subaru or an Audi. Add a turbo? Audi.
: >
: >How 'bout twin turbo V6??? The new S4 - available soon . . . (now?)
: >

: Thanks for the info. I've also seen a truckload of the new Audi's. That's a

: great looking car.
: Can't say the same for the new Jaguar. Really hate that one. Lost the great
: lines it always had. Can see the Ford in it.

If you didn't see Ford in it, you'd probably be admiring its sleek design,
not unlike a statue -- mainly due to it being immobile.

Gee, kids, we're going from mundane, low end AWD models that people
purchasing an Eclipse aren't going to be able to afford. Let's face
it, anyone that would choose a Eclipse over an S4 twin turbo for
anything other than price needs their head examined.

John

--

"...if I did fuck barnyard animals, it would be with mutual consent"

JayD...@geocities.com