Microtrack sound clips from Doug Oade

Jonny Durango

Sep 28, 2005, 3:31:36 PM9/28/05
Here are some sound clips of room noise and dialogue recorded via the
MT2496 1/8" w/ provided T-mic and 1/4" TRS w/ no mic @ max gain and at
min gain.

http://www.oade.com/Tapers_Section/Forum/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=100&topic_id=3241&mesg_id=3256&page=

I would say it sounds pretty damn good! Try a sharp 60k rollof and most
of the room noise dissapears. Although my ears are by no means
scientific instruments, the S/N sounds great to me, probabably somewhere
between the R1 and the basic mod PMD660.

Thanks a ton Doug!!

--

Jonny Durango

"If the key of C is the people's key, what is the key of the bourgeoisie?"

Mike Rivers

Sep 28, 2005, 4:40:17 PM9/28/05

Jonny Durango wrote:
> Here are some sound clips of room noise and dialogue recorded via the
> MT2496 1/8" w/ provided T-mic and 1/4" TRS w/ no mic @ max gain and at
> min gain.

So when are we going to hear some examples of recordings made with real
mics into the real mic inputs or at least a report? Doesn't anyone
have 1/4"TRS-XLR adapters and condenser mics that run on 30V phantom
power? Certainly the Oades should.

Message has been deleted

Jonny Durango

Sep 28, 2005, 6:15:20 PM9/28/05

Amen....over in taperssection EVERYONE is TALKING about this thing, but
nobody seems to interested in actually hearing what it sounds like (and
afterall, isn't that the whole point of a RECORDER?!?!) Sheesh!

Well thanks to Chel and Doug for posting some actual recordings. I hope
more will follow suit.

--

Jonny Durango

www.jdurango.com