Delta 1010 LT No Windows Sound

Chip Gallo

Jan 2, 2004, 12:20:53 AM1/2/04
Hello,

Just installed a M-Audio Delta 1010 LT in my W2K Pro workstation. Vegas
finds the card via ASIO but Windows sound and WMP can't. Tried switching the
operating system to Standard PC and removing/reinstalling the card. Updated
DirectX. Installed SP4.

Sound volume slider on the Windows Sounds/Multimedia page doesn't move.
Sometimes a test a test sound event will make a "click click click" sound
but doesn't actually play the sound.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy New Year,

Chip Gallo

Ricky W. Hunt

Jan 2, 2004, 2:51:53 AM1/2/04
"Chip Gallo" <cga...@REMOVETHIScitlink.net> wrote in message

> Sound volume slider on the Windows Sounds/Multimedia page doesn't move.
> Sometimes a test a test sound event will make a "click click click" sound
> but doesn't actually play the sound.

That slider is for "soundblaster" cards only. The Delta should have come
with it's own software and control panel. Also, you have to tell Windows to
use the Delta for it's playback. Look in the Windows Control Panel under
Sounds and Audio Devices and make sure the Delta is the Default Playback
Device.

Chip Gallo

Jan 2, 2004, 8:51:40 AM1/2/04

Yes, I have done this. In the "Sounds and Multimedia Properties" control
panel applet, the Audio tab, the audio playback preferred device is "M-Audio
Delta 1010 LT Multichann" and here the volume control also does not slide. I
have also tried the "M-Audio Delta 1010 LT 1/2," and selecting "use only
preferred devices" or not.

Thanks,

Chip

Chip Gallo

Jan 2, 2004, 9:24:57 AM1/2/04

Somebody in the win2000 multimedia newsgroup suggested that I need to set
the preferred playback device under Windows Sound and Multimedia devices.
Yes, this is set and I have tried both Multiconn and 1/2 devices.

Chip

Chip Gallo

Jan 2, 2004, 3:20:57 PM1/2/04

Called M-Audio tech support and the answer was to download the latest driver
(duh!). Their web site is a bit tricky to locate this file on. When you go
to Downloads, select "Delta Series" from the scrollable list -- not "Delta
1010 LT" as you might expect. Then choose "windows 2000" and from the
resulting file list, scroll down to Delta 1010 LT, version 5.10.00.36 "delta
ver 36 final.zip" and uninstall/reinstall using this.

Happy New Year,

Chip