Flying Blind Episode Guide (Part II)

Ian Goh

Jan 10, 1993, 5:07:19 PM1/10/93
Part II continuation

Quick Episode guide to "Flying Blind"
might be missing a very early episode though (like number 2).

--- Ian ---
ski...@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu

Episode# 6
Leslie Barash - Meredith Scott Lynn
Jupiter - Eric Allan Kramer

Neil's cousin Leslie is staying with the Barishes before starting college
at Columbia. But an encounter with Alicia turns Leslie's world upside down.
She decides not to go to college and ends up in a show - wanting to lose
her virginity on stage. Alicia reveals that it has been done before. We hear
what happens when Leslie actually performs.

Episode# 7
Jonathan - Thomas Haden Church

Jordan and Neil looking at a painting of Alicia during Jonathan's exhibit.
Jordan: Wow .. this one's great. It really capture her haunting, ultimate
unknowability.
Neil : The only time she looked at me that hauntingly is when I told her that
I was 95% percent sure that the condom was still on.

Just before going to Jonathan's wedding.
Megan: I'm not looking at this as some spurned former lover choosing to cling
to the memory of a hopeless past relationship. I'm looking at this as
a chance to scrawl something in lipstick on the men's room mirror so terrifying
that Jonathan will never be able to close his eyes at the moment of
orgasm again.

When Jonathan tries to get Alicia to take him back.
Neil : Jonathan, you're married!
Jonathan: I know. It's horrible.
Neil : It's only been an hour!
Jonathan: Really? God. It feels like two.

Ex-boyfriend and genius painter Jonathan invites Alicia to his art exhibit.
Jonathan announces he is getting married. Alicia thinks that he's doing it
to get back at her and is reluctant to go to the wedding. Neil convinces
her to go and Jonathan actual does get married, but then shows up at Alicia's
loft trying to get her to take him back! When Neil leaves the two of
them to fight it out, Alicia and Jonathan finally realize they don't want
each other at all.

Episode# 8
Dr. Harold Solomon - Bob Dishy

Talking about how Alicia's psychiatrist let her go on indefinitely.
Megan: I've been in therapy since I was in pre-school and my shrink never ONCE
let me talk past the end of MY hour. Except that time he fell asleep while
I was describing how my mother dressed up our dog and our cat and we
all sat at the dinner table together. But hey .. what do you want for
55,000 dollars!

When Jordan and some woman come out of the bedroom (after some supposedly
wild sex).
Jordan: Oh God!
Woman : Whoa!
Megan follows them out.
Megan : I don't suppose you noticed but I was reading in there!

Jordan, woman, and Megan go off-stage.
Jordan's voice: Oh God!
Woman's voice : Whoa!
Megan's voice : Hey, I'm using this chair!

When Alicia can't stop laughing when Neil and she try to have sex, Neil
convinces her to go into therapy. Dr. Solomon tells Alicia that she must
abstain from sex entirely. Neil can't get his mind off Alicia though. They
realize that Dr. Solomon is avoiding Alicia (cancelling their appointments).
The psychiatrist reveals that he'd become obsessed with Alicia. Eventually,
he tells her that the root of her problems was her childhood fear of
abandonment, and that her subconcious was putting up a defense mechanism for
fear of losing Neil.

Episode# 9
Lucas Cage - Alec Mapa
Saul - Charles Brill
Janice - Daliah Shapiro

Lucas Cage, one of the hottest fashion designers, spots Alicia and hires
her to work on his show. Neil feels left out as Alicia is wildly successful
in the design business. When Lucas offers Alicia an associate position and a
trip to Milan, Neil decides he can't follow her around the world - and
is willing to let her go. Alicia decides to stay because she doesn't want to
pass up someone like Neil.

Episode# 10
Caroline - Melissa Christopher

At the party, to Jordan's camcorder.
Megan: I think this is by far our best "My-Parents-Said-They-Shouldn't-Have-
Children" party. There are more complete strangers having nervous breakdowns
in the bathroom than at my sixth birthday when my parents arranged to have a
fairy princess make a surprise visit and ... her parachute didn't open.

Megan continuing: One of the girls at that party is here. She is totally
unstable, been through three marriages, two suicide attempts, and apparently
it is because the wand landed at her feet.

Neil talks to Caroline (the new Hoffman fudge girl) at a party.
Alicia accusses Neil of flirting (or at least responding to her flirting).
Neil gets put onto the Hoffman Fudge campaign and will be working with
Caroline. When Caroline, and then, Alicia, show up unexpectedly in Neil's
bedroom, they quarrel over him. Neil admits he's just like other guys but
that he really did not ask for Caroline to show up in his bedroom.
Caroline backs up his statement, and things get back to normal.

Episode# 11
Alicia's Dad - Peter Boyle

On first meeting Alicia's father.
Neil: What do you do?
Dad : If I tell you, I have to kill you.

As Megan enters the room with Neil, Alicia, and her Dad.
Megan: Oh .. you've caught me in my robe. How embarrassing.

As Megan enters a second time.
Megan: Oh .. you've caught me in my towel. How embarrasing.

As Megan enters a third time (while everyone has just left).
Megan: Oh .. you've caught me with just my parasol...

While flying over Cuba.
Dad : Neil, is that a Russian MIG at eleven o'clock?
Neil: Are you serious? I couldn't tell you if it was a Buick Skylark.
Dad : It has a wide body and a nose that points down.
Neil: So does my cousin Shirley (?). This is ridiculous.

Dad : Alicia, there were things I had to do.
Alicia: That's it?!
Dad : If I tell you anymore, I have to kill you!
Alicia: That again. How many times have I heard that? "If I tell you, I have
to kill you. If I tell you, I have to kill you." Do you have any idea what
kind of effect that has on a five-year old?

Alicia's father has a two-day layover. Neil has misgivings when he hears
about how tough her father is on her boyfriends. Her dad takes Neil and
Alicia up in his plane. Alicia complains that her dad doesn't care about
her or her feelings; always challenging her boyfriends. Her dad reveals
he really does love her - by making sure that she ends up with someone
who was worthy of her.

"Sir ... I protest! I am not a merry man!"
- Worf, Q-Pid

Diana Tenery-Fisher

Jan 10, 1993, 6:28:00 PM1/10/93
Megain is played by Clea Lewis, Ted is played by Marcus Giamatti and
I believe Niel's mom is played by Elinor Donohue. Or whoever the
women is who played Chris Elliot's mom on Get A Life. (she was a
child actress too.)

(that should read Megan, sorry for the typo)

-diana

HO ROBERT ANDREW

Jan 10, 1993, 7:18:13 PM1/10/93
In article <1iq6mn...@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu> ski...@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu (Ian Goh) writes:
>Part II continuation
>
>Quick Episode guide to "Flying Blind"
>might be missing a very early episode though (like number 2).
>
>--- Ian ---

Yeah, you're missing episode 2. This one takes place the day after the
events of the first episode occur. Neil wants to have sex with Alicia;
she wants to wait a little longer. A little longer translates into later
that night at Neil's house with his family (grandmother etc.) staying over
for the night. To continue with the quotes:

(these are from memory)

(Ted enters the office where Neil's mother is serving chocolate cake to
Neil and his father).
Ted: Now what could this family be celebrating? National Nepotism Day?

(Neil at Alicia's loft trying to convince Jordan and Megan that they actually
met him the night before)
Jordan: Wait a minute! Last night, at our party... you were with Alicia,
she was all over you...
Neil: Right!
Jordan: You... looked out of place then too.

(Alicia at Neil's house in the middle of the night;;they're looking for a
place to make love)
Neil (looking at the dining room table): Um... no, she'll know I moved the
fruit bowl.
Alicia (moving toward living room): What about in here?
Neil: No, we never... well, technically you are company.

The only guest star was Neil's grandmother (whose name I don't have).

--
Robert Ho
Univ. of Toronto

Steven Chung

Jan 10, 1993, 10:46:49 PM1/10/93
In article <C0ny6...@ecf.toronto.edu> ho...@ecf.toronto.edu (HO ROBERT ANDREW) writes:
#
# Yeah, you're missing episode 2. This one takes place the day after the
# events of the first episode occur. Neil wants to have sex with Alicia;
# she wants to wait a little longer. A little longer translates into later
# that night at Neil's house with his family (grandmother etc.) staying over
# for the night. To continue with the quotes:

What he said. The episode starts with Neal (sp?) & Alicia in bed after
sex, but it turns out to be more daydreaming by Neal.

"Does your father approve of what you're doing?" (from memory, tapes are at
home).

--
s...@nwu.edu | "I wasn't even good at the Nintendo of this!"