Week of October 17th-23rd/2005 complete ratings

David

Oct 26, 2005, 11:29:20 AM10/26/05
from the L.A. Times

Here are the rankings for national prime-time network television last
week (Oct. 17-23) as compiled by Nielsen Media Research. They are
based on the average number of people who watched a program from start
to finish. Nielsen estimates there are 277.93 million potential
viewers in the U.S. age 2 and older. Viewership is listed in millions.

Program Network Viewers
1 CSI CBS 28.48
2 Desperate Housewives (Sun.) ABC 25.22
3 Lost ABC 21.38
4 Without a Trace CBS 19.82
5 Grey's Anatomy ABC 18.00

6 CSI: Miami CBS 17.91
7 Survivor: Guatemala CBS 17.78
8 NCIS CBS 17.69
9 "World Series Game 2" FOX 17.19
10 Commander in Chief ABC 16.30

11 60 Minutes CBS 16.02
12 Two and a Half Men CBS 15.56
13 "World Series Game 1" FOX 15.01
14 Cold Case CBS 14.95
15 ER NBC 14.70

16 Monday Night Football ABC 14.44
17 Law & Order: SVU NBC 14.36
18 "NLCS: Game 6" (Wed.) FOX 14.12
19 CSI: NY CBS 14.00
20 Extreme Makeover: Home Edition ABC 12.98

21 Criminal Minds CBS 12.79
22 Las Vegas NBC 12.64
23 Law & Order NBC 12.33
24 Out of Practice CBS 12.25
25 My Name Is Earl NBC 12.19

26 Crossing Jordan NBC 12.08
27 Medium NBC 11.94
28 "NLCS Game 5" (Mon.) FOX 11.61
29 Boston Legal ABC 11.59
30 Invasion ABC 11.24

31 Numb3rs CBS 11.17
32 NFL Monday Showcase ABC 11.13
33 Amazing Race 8 CBS 11.11
34 Apprentice 4 NBC 10.63
35 Ghost Whisperer CBS 10.55

36 King of Queens CBS 10.47
37 Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Sun.) NBC 10.45
38 How I Met Your Mother CBS 10.13
39 Close to Home CBS 9.91
40 "World Series Pre-Game 2" FOX 9.57

41 Surface NBC 9.56
42 E-Ring NBC 9.55
43 America's Funniest Home Videos ABC 9.02
44 Three Wishes NBC 8.84
45 Biggest Loser 2 NBC 8.60

46 48 Hours Mystery CBS 8.37
47 Dateline: NBC (Fri.) NBC 8.26
48 House FOX 8.25
49 "Enough" CBS 8.20
50 Freddie ABC 8.08

51 Office NBC 8.02
52 Dateline: NBC (Sun.) NBC 8.01
53 George Lopez ABC 7.94
54 Will & Grace NBC 7.88
55 Wife Swap ABC 7.86

56 The West Wing NBC 7.85
57 Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Fri.) NBC 7.84
58 20/20 ABC 7.77
59 Crimetime Saturday (8 p.m.) CBS 7.68
60 Rodney ABC 7.62

61 Joey NBC 7.60
62 According to Jim ABC 7.59
63 Yes, Dear CBS 7.56
64 Threshold CBS 7.45
65 Crimetime Saturday (9 p.m.) CBS 7.37

66 "NLCS Pre-Game 6 (Wed.) FOX 7.34
67 Still Standing CBS 6.98
68 Alias ABC 6.78
69 "NLCS Pre-Game 5 (Mon.) FOX 6.77
70 Apprentice: Martha NBC 6.62

71 Primetime ABC 6.58
72 Smallville WB 6.40
73 Hope & Faith ABC 6.23
74 Gilmore Girls WB 6.08
75 Supernanny ABC 5.74

76 Hot Properties ABC 5.63
77 Everybody Hates Chris UPN 5.52
78 America's Next Top Model 5 (Wed.) UPN 5.45
79 7th Heaven WB 5.32
80 Supernatural (Tue.) WB 5.00

81 "Air Force One" ABC 4.97
82 Night Stalker ABC 4.51
83 Bones FOX 4.46
84 "Chicago" NBC 4.32
85 Killer Instinct FOX 4.30

86 Charmed WB 4.26
87 Girlfriends UPN 4.24
88 Desperate Housewives (Sat.) ABC 4.15
89 Everwood WB 4.07
90 WWE Smackdown! UPN 4.03

91 Bernie Mac FOX 4.00
92 All of Us UPN 3.97
93 Half and Half UPN 3.82
94 Malcolm in the Middle FOX 3.63
95 One on One UPN 3.50

96 Reba (Fri.) WB 3.34
97 Love Inc. UPN 3.14
98 One Tree Hill WB 3.12
99 Veronica Mars UPN 3.05
100 Reunion (8 p.m.) FOX 2.78

101 Eve UPN 2.66
102 Reba (Sun., 7:30 p.m.) WB 2.65
103 America's Next Top Model 5 (Tue.) UPN 2.64
104 Twins WB 2.49
105 Cuts UPN 2.45

106 Reunion (9 p.m.) FOX 2.39
107 Related (Wed.) WB 2.28
108 Related (Mon.) WB 2.25
109 Supernatural (Sun.) WB 2.23
110 What I Like About You (8 p.m.) WB 2.15

111 Reba (Sun., 7 p.m.) WB 2.08
112 What I Like About You (8:30 p.m.) WB 2.00
113 Sex, Love & Secrets UPN 1.12

wildfyre

Oct 26, 2005, 3:02:37 PM10/26/05

"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> 56 The West Wing NBC 7.85

While I am still recording TWW, but haven't seen it in 2 season (waiting for
repeats of some eps), I can't believe how far this has fallen!

Am I wasting my time with this now? The only thing I can say, is, I've
stuck with it this long, I may as well see it out to the end. And I think
the end may be near.

Milhouse Van Houten

Oct 26, 2005, 12:49:14 PM10/26/05
"wildfyre" <wild...@look.ca> wrote in message

>> 56 The West Wing NBC 7.85
>
> While I am still recording TWW, but haven't seen it in 2 season (waiting
> for
> repeats of some eps), I can't believe how far this has fallen!
>
> Am I wasting my time with this now? The only thing I can say, is, I've
> stuck with it this long, I may as well see it out to the end. And I think
> the end may be near.

You must have a staggering number of tapes awaiting you if you have a
backlog of around 50 episodes (I've never heard of anyone time-shifting
quite that long before). You're not wasting your time with the show though,
particularly if you enjoy watching the inner-workings of political
campaigns, which the show has focused on now for about the last year. It's
still a far better show than most.

Erin Woodbridge's Bestest Friend, Ian J. Ball

Oct 26, 2005, 1:10:44 PM10/26/05
In article <558vl19fg75jqakul...@4ax.com>,
David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> from the L.A. Times
>
> Here are the rankings for national prime-time network television last
> week (Oct. 17-23) as compiled by Nielsen Media Research. They are
> based on the average number of people who watched a program from start
> to finish. Nielsen estimates there are 277.93 million potential
> viewers in the U.S. age 2 and older. Viewership is listed in millions.
>
> Program Network Viewers
>

> 31 Numb3rs CBS 11.17

> 35 Ghost Whisperer CBS 10.55
>

> 64 Threshold CBS 7.45

I need to point this out here - this is *hugely* at variance with the
ratings Tiny posted for 10/21 on Monday (which had "Threshold" at 8.93
million).

*These* ratings, if true, virtually guarantee that "Threshold" will
*not* see a back-9, and will be gone by January.

> 63 Yes, Dear CBS 7.56

> 67 Still Standing CBS 6.98

These ratings are also terrible for CBS.

> 72 Smallville WB 6.40

> 74 Gilmore Girls WB 6.08

> 79 7th Heaven WB 5.32

Ha! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it WGF!!
"'Heaven' is dead! 'Heaven' is dead! Long live the new KKIIINNNNGGGGG!!!"

> 98 One Tree Hill WB 3.12
> 99 Veronica Mars UPN 3.05

> 107 Related (Wed.) WB 2.28
> 108 Related (Mon.) WB 2.25

"Related" is DOA.
(And OTH may not be far behind - this could very well be OTH's final
season, if this keeps up...)

--
"I did *NOT* have sex with Gil Kurvers!" - Erin Woodbridge
(on numerous occasions), "Edgemont"

http://homepage.mac.com/ijball/TV-Blog/

wildfyre

Oct 26, 2005, 4:22:39 PM10/26/05

"Milhouse Van Houten" <bt...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> "wildfyre" <wild...@look.ca> wrote in message
>
> You must have a staggering number of tapes awaiting you if you have a
> backlog of around 50 episodes (I've never heard of anyone time-shifting
> quite that long before). You're not wasting your time with the show
though,
> particularly if you enjoy watching the inner-workings of political
> campaigns, which the show has focused on now for about the last year. It's
> still a far better show than most.

LOL...yes we do have a few tapes/dvd's waiting for our attention....Thanks
for the input!

David

Oct 26, 2005, 1:33:30 PM10/26/05

Erin Woodbridge's Bestest Friend, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> In article <558vl19fg75jqakul...@4ax.com>,
> David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > from the L.A. Times
> >
> > Here are the rankings for national prime-time network television last
> > week (Oct. 17-23) as compiled by Nielsen Media Research. They are
> > based on the average number of people who watched a program from start
> > to finish. Nielsen estimates there are 277.93 million potential
> > viewers in the U.S. age 2 and older. Viewership is listed in millions.
> >
> > Program Network Viewers
> >
> > 31 Numb3rs CBS 11.17
> > 35 Ghost Whisperer CBS 10.55
> >
> > 64 Threshold CBS 7.45
>
> I need to point this out here - this is *hugely* at variance with the
> ratings Tiny posted for 10/21 on Monday (which had "Threshold" at 8.93
> million).
>
> *These* ratings, if true, virtually guarantee that "Threshold" will
> *not* see a back-9, and will be gone by January.

abcmedianet has the same numbers so I guess it's not a mistake. People
in the sticks must not be enjoying it. I read somewhere that
"Threshold" is selling well abroad and CBS is looking at more scripts
so it does have some positives going for it.

wildfyre

Oct 26, 2005, 4:46:31 PM10/26/05

"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I believe the numbers that TD posts are the 'overnights', and these figures
are the final numbers, and have been adjusted after taking into account
sports games, etc.

akj...@excite.com

Oct 26, 2005, 3:32:22 PM10/26/05
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:02:37 -0700, "wildfyre" <wild...@look.ca>
wrote:

You were wasting your time watching it in the first season.
Newton Minnow was right.

ANIM8Rfsk

Oct 26, 2005, 4:10:44 PM10/26/05
in article
ijball***SPAM-No***-C5C02C.101...@news-lb-01.socal.rr.com, Erin
Woodbridge's Bestest Friend, Ian J. Ball at
ijball***SPAM-No***@mac.com.invalid wrote on 10/26/05 10:10 AM:

> In article <558vl19fg75jqakul...@4ax.com>,
> David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> from the L.A. Times
>>
>> Here are the rankings for national prime-time network television last
>> week (Oct. 17-23) as compiled by Nielsen Media Research. They are
>> based on the average number of people who watched a program from start
>> to finish. Nielsen estimates there are 277.93 million potential
>> viewers in the U.S. age 2 and older. Viewership is listed in millions.
>>
>> Program Network Viewers
>>
>> 31 Numb3rs CBS 11.17
>> 35 Ghost Whisperer CBS 10.55
>>
>> 64 Threshold CBS 7.45
>
> I need to point this out here - this is *hugely* at variance with the
> ratings Tiny posted for 10/21 on Monday (which had "Threshold" at 8.93
> million).
>
> *These* ratings, if true, virtually guarantee that "Threshold" will
> *not* see a back-9, and will be gone by January.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't set Braga free to destroy again!

--

You Can't Stop the Signal

William George Ferguson

Oct 26, 2005, 4:44:37 PM10/26/05
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:10:44 GMT, "Erin Woodbridge's Bestest Friend, Ian
J. Ball" <ijball***SPAM-No***@mac.com.invalid> wrote:

>In article <558vl19fg75jqakul...@4ax.com>,
> David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> from the L.A. Times
>>
>> Here are the rankings for national prime-time network television last
>> week (Oct. 17-23) as compiled by Nielsen Media Research. They are
>> based on the average number of people who watched a program from start
>> to finish. Nielsen estimates there are 277.93 million potential
>> viewers in the U.S. age 2 and older. Viewership is listed in millions.
>>
>> Program Network Viewers
>>
>> 31 Numb3rs CBS 11.17
>> 35 Ghost Whisperer CBS 10.55
>>
>> 64 Threshold CBS 7.45
>
>I need to point this out here - this is *hugely* at variance with the
>ratings Tiny posted for 10/21 on Monday (which had "Threshold" at 8.93
>million).

I've noticed a lot of variances this week in the shows I've been
tracking. For instance, the Fast Nationals (or Fast Affiliates, one or
the other) had GW at 11.1 million and the final is 10.6 (which still
beats the equivalent 1st season JoA ep)

>*These* ratings, if true, virtually guarantee that "Threshold" will
>*not* see a back-9, and will be gone by January.
>
>> 63 Yes, Dear CBS 7.56
>> 67 Still Standing CBS 6.98
>
>These ratings are also terrible for CBS.
>
>> 72 Smallville WB 6.40
>> 74 Gilmore Girls WB 6.08
>> 79 7th Heaven WB 5.32
>
>Ha! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it WGF!!
>"'Heaven' is dead! 'Heaven' is dead! Long live the new KKIIINNNNGGGGG!!!"

Or Queen. Smallville and GG have alternated being number 1 for the week
this year, and are both averaging 5.9 million viewers so far (both also
have adjustments from the daily numbers, but not enough to change the
averages)

And keep in mind that I didn't way that 7th would hold on to 1st place,
just that it wouldn't drop enough to be cancelled this year. It's 3rd in
viewers on the WB for the season.

>> 98 One Tree Hill WB 3.12
>> 99 Veronica Mars UPN 3.05
>> 107 Related (Wed.) WB 2.28
>> 108 Related (Mon.) WB 2.25
>
>"Related" is DOA.
>(And OTH may not be far behind - this could very well be OTH's final
>season, if this keeps up...)

I'm waiting to see what a new ep, preceded by a new 7th, does.

--
... and my sister is a vampire slayer, her best friend is a witch who
went bonkers and tried to destroy the world, um, I actually used to be

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted