Picket Fences

Earl Boebert

Dec 15, 1992, 2:34:56 PM12/15/92
Just got around to watching the Christmas show; this thing just keeps
getting better and better, IMHO. Better check it out quick; it's too
intelligent to survive on network TV.

Earl

Roy Matthew Thigpen

Dec 17, 1992, 1:10:12 AM12/17/92

Au contrair, sir... CBS is very high on Picket Fences. I happen to love this
show. Tom Skarett is absolutely awesome.
.

Philip Wu

Dec 17, 1992, 2:35:41 PM12/17/92

I hope they keep this show. Its quickly jumped to the top of my list
of favorite TV shows. I thought it was another police-family show from
the ads, but was I in for a surprise.

"Joseph Wambaugh your honor, defender of justice!"
phil

Mary Peterson

Dec 18, 1992, 1:13:51 PM12/18/92

I second that! or is it third that? Anyways, it is a great show and I am
really hooked on it. It seems to span generations, too. I mentioned it to
my folks (60ish) and they watched it and love it too. I am also a big fan
of Tom Skeritt. IMHO he is one of the sexiest men on TV. No flames please,
it's just my hormonal opinion. If you have not checked out the show, do so.
It will be worth your while.
--
Mary

Mary Peterson

Dec 18, 1992, 1:25:50 PM12/18/92
In article <1992Dec18.1...@tc.fluke.COM>, mori...@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:
|> Let me add myself to the list. This is the only new show this year (uh,
|>
|> The judge's Halloween costume was a scream, BTW.

Yeh, I was rolling on the floor! Actually, I did laugh so hard, that I woke
up my husband. No, the show does not bore him, he just can't seem to stay
awake from 9-10PM.

--
Mary

PETER TALAN BERGEN

Dec 20, 1992, 12:26:53 AM12/20/92

>|> I hope they keep this show. Its quickly jumped to the top of my list
>|> of favorite TV shows. I thought it was another police-family show from
>|> the ads, but was I in for a surprise.
>|>
>|> "Joseph Wambaugh your honor, defender of justice!"
>|> phil

I areeem this is easily the best show of the season, a lot like L A Law used
to be 3 or 4 years ago. It is a show that is liked by all genreations, I am
19 and watch it, my parents are 50 and watch it and my grandparents 75 and
they watch it, you get my point. How many shows will attract this wide range
of audience.
Peter Bergen
Lehigh Univeristy

Jeff Meyer

Dec 18, 1992, 1:31:48 PM12/18/92
Let me add myself to the list. This is the only new show this year (uh,
with the exception of BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES (*blush*)) that I have
taken to watching (along with THE SIMPSONS and NORTHERN EXPOSURE). It is
just the damnedest thing. Sort of like a cross between the non-dark humor
of TWIN PEAKS and THE WALTONS. Just enough edge to get the heartwarming
bits by my cynical nature.

*Shrug*. What can I say, it works; the supporting characters (particularly
Wambaugh for the Defense, the judge and the coroner) are a kick-and-a-half,
and Kathy Baker and Tom Skeritt are a pleasure to watch, apart or together
(particularly the latter.)

The judge's Halloween costume was a scream, BTW.

"The best argument against democracy is a five
minute talk with the average voter."

-- Winston Churchill
---
Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET: mori...@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP: {uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO: You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...
**>> Keep circulating the tapes <<**