How to save Terminator:TSCC

Ken from Chicago

Feb 28, 2009, 6:21:22 AM2/28/09
The basic premise of the well-executed TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR
CHRONICLES is we are following Sarah Connor trying to protect her son John
Connor from Skynet, an artificially intelligent computer network system that
conquers the Earth in the future and is sending back Terminators, cyborgs,
robots in human bodies, back in time to A) kill John Connor before he can
lead humanity to take down Skynet and B) to ensure Skynet exists in the
first place.

The premise of the show, given that it is a prequel to the movie series, is
that the characters can NEVER WIN. Skynet always exists in the future and
always sends back terminators to hunt down John. Moreover the characters
live in the world that is by definition of the series, doomed.

Kind of a downer of a show to maintain viewers week in and week out, unless
... you turn the premise on its head, and make its weakness your strength.
As is the case with movies and tv making, better to show than merely tell:

"Hello, my name is 'John Connor', son of 'Sarah Connor'. I am at the
coordinates shown onscreen. If you are receiving this transmission then know
this: There are terminators on the loose, robot skeletons with human bodies,
metal and meat sandwiches, sent from the future to kill me--by Skynet, a
supercomputer system that has conquered humanity. The terminators have
killed many people to get to me. To the family, friends and loved ones of
the dead and the missing, scrolling across the screen are places, dates and
times that I know of. They are ruthless, bullet-resistant, don't need to eat
or breathe, and will not stop unless destroyed. Do not get between them and
their target: me.

You probably think I'm crazy. That's okay, my message is mainly for the
terminators monitoring this broadcast. Here I am. Come get me."

Instead of running and hiding, take the fight to the terminators. Draw them
out, and chop them off at the knees, or hips, probably their arms too. Why?
Turn the tables. Study them to study Skynet. Find out intel on Skynet by
studying its agents. Use that to plant intel for the future human rebels to
find and stop Skynet. Natch when the timeline changes, a new, different
Skynet develops further in the future and has different programming, thus
making the need to gather more intel on this version of Skynet.

It's not perfect, but at least it allows the show's characters to at least
rack up victories instead of continuing loses. And with victory ... hope.

-- Ken from Chicago

P.S. Alternatively, the develop a method of monitoring with the time bubbles
appear and use that to track down the terminators, ala PRIMEVAL's timewarp
detector.

Ian J. Ball

Feb 28, 2009, 9:56:01 AM2/28/09
You're assuming that I want to save the show at this point.

I've pretty much decided, I don't.

They blew this show after season #1 - they got much too much away from
what have been the series' throughline: destroying Skynet, and they got
much too much away from focusing on Cameron.

I don't think it's salvageable at this point.

--
"There's no business, like Cho business."
- Patrick Jane, "The Mentalist", 02/11/09

alte...@yahoo.com

Feb 28, 2009, 11:16:08 AM2/28/09
On Feb 28, 9:56 am, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> I don't think it's salvageable at this point.

Agreed. Cancel it and let Summer Glau find a better show.

WQ

Feb 28, 2009, 11:23:06 AM2/28/09

--- That would be my take on it, but evidently, they're more
determined to turn the show into dreary sci-fi soap than actual sci-fi
action. Also, it's cheaper to make it as a soap and not as demanding
on the writers to write it that way. You may be asking for a much
more interesting series, but that's asking for too much.

Mason Barge

Feb 28, 2009, 4:46:52 PM2/28/09
It's dead. Barely 3 million viewers, 1.2 in the demo -- nobody even cares
about it. You might as well try to save Kath & Kim.

Monkey boy

Feb 28, 2009, 5:01:40 PM2/28/09
In article <6dadnbG_W6aqgzTU...@giganews.com>, Ken from
Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Instead of running and hiding, take the fight to the terminators. Draw them
> out, and chop them off at the knees, or hips, probably their arms too. Why?

A better question is HOW? Chop these indestructable machines off at the
knees with WHAT? A Vorpal Blade?

> Turn the tables. Study them to study Skynet. Find out intel on Skynet by
> studying its agents. Use that to plant intel for the future human rebels to
> find and stop Skynet. Natch when the timeline changes, a new, different
> Skynet develops further in the future and has different programming, thus
> making the need to gather more intel on this version of Skynet.

Of course, that announcement, "Here I am, come get me" would easily be
heard by Future Skynet. "Oh, how nice of the puny humans. Coordinates
for us to send every past, current and future Terminator."

Traveler

Feb 28, 2009, 7:55:25 PM2/28/09
Why would anyone want to save that piece of crap?

Ken from Chicago

Feb 28, 2009, 7:59:19 PM2/28/09

"WQ" <WQi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ken from Chicago wrote:

<snip>

>> Instead of running and hiding, take the fight to the terminators. Draw
>> them
>> out, and chop them off at the knees, or hips, probably their arms too.
>> Why?
>> Turn the tables. Study them to study Skynet. Find out intel on Skynet by
>> studying its agents. Use that to plant intel for the future human rebels
>> find and stop Skynet. Natch when the timeline changes, a new, different
>> Skynet develops further in the future and has different programming, thus
>> making the need to gather more intel on this version of Skynet.
>>
>> It's not perfect, but at least it allows the show's characters to at
>> least
>> rack up victories instead of continuing loses. And with victory ... hope.
>
> --- That would be my take on it, but evidently, they're more
> determined to turn the show into dreary sci-fi soap than actual sci-fi
> action. Also, it's cheaper to make it as a soap and not as demanding
> on the writers to write it that way. You may be asking for a much
> more interesting series, but that's asking for too much.

Oh, they can still do the intense character oriented episodes, but those
could be done between decoding the chip they've pulled from the brain of the
latest terminator they've captured, while on monitor duty waiting for the
next terminator to time bubble in or while tracking down the latest
terminator that has time bubbled in.

At least the frame of the series would not be quite all that gloom and doom.
You'd still have Sarah concerned that all this bot hunting is sacrificing
her son's childhood, but at least there would be some kind of hope for the
future.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Feb 28, 2009, 8:11:24 PM2/28/09

"Monkey boy" <yeey...@monkeyhouse.com> wrote in message

> In article <6dadnbG_W6aqgzTU...@giganews.com>, Ken from
> Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Instead of running and hiding, take the fight to the terminators. Draw
>> them
>> out, and chop them off at the knees, or hips, probably their arms too.
>> Why?
>
> A better question is HOW? Chop these indestructable machines off at the
> knees with WHAT? A Vorpal Blade?

They are not indestructible. They are bullet-RESISTANT not bullet-proof. A
hail of bullets will take one down--has taken several down.

Regardless they are not bazooka-proof, mack truck proof, industrial press
proof, molten steel proof. They can be stopped--with proper preparation.

>> Turn the tables. Study them to study Skynet. Find out intel on Skynet by
>> studying its agents. Use that to plant intel for the future human rebels
>> find and stop Skynet. Natch when the timeline changes, a new, different
>> Skynet develops further in the future and has different programming, thus
>> making the need to gather more intel on this version of Skynet.
>
> Of course, that announcement, "Here I am, come get me" would easily be
> heard by Future Skynet. "Oh, how nice of the puny humans. Coordinates
> for us to send every past, current and future Terminator."

Thus creating a significant enough threat for CURRENT governments to stop
development of Skynet BEFORE exists and wipe out the terminators with the
full force of current military armaments.

The terminators, like The Judge, are not indestructible.

-- Ken from Chicago

P.S. "What's that do?" "<KABLOOM!>"--'The Judge' & Bazooka, BUFFY THE
VAMPIRE SLAYER, "Innocence".

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 28, 2009, 8:26:25 PM2/28/09
Traveler <qwrt...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Why would anyone want to save that piece of crap?

The fate of the world is at stake!

Message has been deleted

Thanatos

Feb 28, 2009, 9:52:09 PM2/28/09
In article <D8idndB6HolcfTTU...@giganews.com>,

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Monkey boy" <yeey...@monkeyhouse.com> wrote in message

> > A better question is HOW? Chop these indestructable machines

> > off at the knees with WHAT? A Vorpal Blade?
>
> They are not indestructible. They are bullet-RESISTANT not
> bullet-proof. A hail of bullets will take one down--has
> taken several down.

Actually, a hail of bullets has never taken one down. Arnold walked
through an all-out assault by a police precinct in one film and a SWAT
team in the other two and the only thing that was damaged was the outer
flesh.

> Regardless they are not bazooka-proof, mack truck proof,
> industrial press proof, molten steel proof. They can be
> stopped--with proper preparation.

Yeah, it's real easy to lug around vats of molten steel...

Ken from Chicago

Mar 1, 2009, 12:28:49 AM3/1/09

"Thanatos" <atr...@mac.com> wrote in message

> In article <D8idndB6HolcfTTU...@giganews.com>,
> "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> "Monkey boy" <yeey...@monkeyhouse.com> wrote in message
>
>> > A better question is HOW? Chop these indestructable machines
>> > off at the knees with WHAT? A Vorpal Blade?
>>
>> They are not indestructible. They are bullet-RESISTANT not
>> bullet-proof. A hail of bullets will take one down--has
>> taken several down.
>
> Actually, a hail of bullets has never taken one down. Arnold walked
> through an all-out assault by a police precinct in one film and a SWAT
> team in the other two and the only thing that was damaged was the outer
> flesh.

How quickly they forget how the shoot out in the Mexican church.

>> Regardless they are not bazooka-proof, mack truck proof,
>> industrial press proof, molten steel proof. They can be
>> stopped--with proper preparation.
>
> Yeah, it's real easy to lug around vats of molten steel...

Again, "proper preparation".

Like broadcasting the coordinates at a steel manufacturing plant.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Mar 1, 2009, 12:29:44 AM3/1/09

"Lucifer Sam" <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:55:25 -0800 (PST), Traveler
> <qwrt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Why would anyone want to save that piece of crap?
>
> The prospect of seeing kinky robot sex on TV?
>
> This show has given me a robot fetish. I now want my very own Cambot.

BSG called dibs.

-- Ken from Chicago

Anim8rFSK

Mar 1, 2009, 1:05:25 AM3/1/09
In article <6dadnbG_W6aqgzTU...@giganews.com>,

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

> The basic premise of the well-executed TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR
> CHRONICLES

snip

> You probably think I'm crazy.

Yes, if you think the crapfest called TTSCC is well-executed, you're
crazy.

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 1, 2009, 1:13:34 AM3/1/09
Mason Barge wrote:
> It's dead. Barely 3 million viewers, 1.2 in the demo -- nobody even
> cares about it. You might as well try to save Kath & Kim.

Kath & Kim is on NBC. Its guarenteed to be renewed.

--
"What Kind of perv rememembers the scenes where she's clothed???" -
Anim8rFSK, 8/23/08

Mac Breck

Mar 1, 2009, 2:35:16 AM3/1/09
Lucifer Sam wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:55:25 -0800 (PST), Traveler
> <qwrt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Why would anyone want to save that piece of crap?
>
> The prospect of seeing kinky robot sex on TV?
>
> I now want my very own Cambot.

Don't we all?

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------

Thanatos

Mar 1, 2009, 9:16:29 AM3/1/09
In article <GvOdnb9AfMiKgDfU...@giganews.com>,

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Thanatos" <atr...@mac.com> wrote in message
> > In article <D8idndB6HolcfTTU...@giganews.com>,
> > "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> "Monkey boy" <yeey...@monkeyhouse.com> wrote in message

> >> They are not indestructible. They are bullet-RESISTANT not
> >> bullet-proof. A hail of bullets will take one down--has
> >> taken several down.
> >
> > Actually, a hail of bullets has never taken one down.
> > Arnold walked through an all-out assault by a police
> > precinct in one film and a SWAT team in the other two
> > and the only thing that was damaged was the outer
> > flesh.
>
> How quickly they forget how the shoot out in the Mexican church.

Those weren't bullets. Those were rifled slugs.

> >> Regardless they are not bazooka-proof, mack truck proof,
> >> industrial press proof, molten steel proof. They can be
> >> stopped--with proper preparation.
> >
> > Yeah, it's real easy to lug around vats of molten steel...
>
> Again, "proper preparation".
>
> Like broadcasting the coordinates at a steel manufacturing plant.

Yeah, 'cause it's real easy for a couple of people to just walk in and
commandeer steel smelters whenever they need one.

Mason Barge

Mar 1, 2009, 11:01:47 AM3/1/09

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Dibs on Sierra.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 1, 2009, 12:58:56 PM3/1/09
In article <49aa278e$0$1582$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
"Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> Mason Barge wrote:
> > It's dead. Barely 3 million viewers, 1.2 in the demo -- nobody even
> > cares about it. You might as well try to save Kath & Kim.
>
> Kath & Kim is on NBC. Its guarenteed to be renewed.

As much stuff as NBC is cancelling? 5 hours gone for Leno, another for
Seinfeld; I don't think anything is safe.

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 1, 2009, 5:52:14 PM3/1/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <49aa278e$0$1582$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
> "Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> Mason Barge wrote:
>>> It's dead. Barely 3 million viewers, 1.2 in the demo -- nobody even
>>> cares about it. You might as well try to save Kath & Kim.
>>
>> Kath & Kim is on NBC. Its guarenteed to be renewed.
>
> As much stuff as NBC is cancelling? 5 hours gone for Leno, another
> for Seinfeld; I don't think anything is safe.

This is NBC we're talking about. Do you honestly think cancelling a
Thursday night sitcom that has "big names" in it is the first thing they're
going to think of doing, regardless of ratings? I expect they'll kill 'Law
& Order: SVU' before that.

Rob Jensen

Mar 1, 2009, 8:15:08 PM3/1/09
How to save Terminator: TSCC

1) Do what usually doesn't work on prime-time shows (but would work in
this case) and recast someone else as Sarah Connor, or

2) Kill off Sarah Conner and rename the show Terminator: The John
Conner Chronicles.

Sorry, but the avalanche has spoken: Lena Heady can't act.

-- Rob

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

Mar 1, 2009, 8:44:37 PM3/1/09
On Feb 28, 4:46 pm, "Mason Barge" <masonba...@comcast.net> wrote:
> It's dead.  Barely 3 million viewers, 1.2 in the demo -- nobody even cares
> about it.  You might as well try to save Kath & Kim.

How's Kath & Kim doing? I like Selma Blair (and they give her nice
outfits to wear), but K&K is a bit wearing.

Maybe Selma Blair and Summer Glau could team up.

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

Mar 1, 2009, 8:47:48 PM3/1/09
On Mar 1, 2:35 am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lucifer Sam wrote:
> > On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:55:25 -0800 (PST), Traveler
> > <qwrtz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Why would anyone want to save that piece of crap?
>
> > The prospect of seeing kinky robot sex on TV?
>
> > I now want my very own Cambot.
>
> Don't we all?

Don't forget she's supposed to be on Big Bang very soon, playing
herself while the guys fawn over her.

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

Mar 1, 2009, 8:52:57 PM3/1/09
On Mar 1, 8:15 pm, Rob Jensen <ShutUp...@aol.com> wrote:
> How to save Terminator: TSCC

Easy.

1) Give much more air time to Cameron and John, and some peer guest
stars. Ellison can be retained.

2) Send Sarah off on some mission.

3) Send the uncle back to 90210. Let him deal with Kelly and Brenda.

4) Stop taking the world so seriously.

5) Win some battles.

Ken from Chicago

Mar 1, 2009, 9:30:38 PM3/1/09

"Thanatos" <atr...@mac.com> wrote in message

Sarah Connors doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

-- Ken from Chicago

Thanatos

Mar 1, 2009, 10:51:29 PM3/1/09
In article <irGdnb89jZFO2TbU...@giganews.com>,

She lucked into it the first time in a half-dozen different ways. It's
not like that set of circumstances can be replicated at will.

[The one thing that bugs me about that whole scene in the steel smelter
is when Arnold shot the frozen T-1000 and shattered it. If he'd just
left it alone, it would have been hours before it melted and they'd have
had plenty of time to get away. Shattering it allowed each individual
piece to melt much quicker and reassemble itself.]

Mac Breck

Mar 2, 2009, 3:48:28 AM3/2/09

Right, increased surface area exposed to more contact and convective
heat. Although, as a standing statue, T-1000 probably would have been
exposed to more *radiant* heat. Without a quantitative analysis, it's
hard to tell which would have resulted in a faster melt.

David Johnston

Mar 2, 2009, 11:23:19 AM3/2/09
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 05:21:22 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
<kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

>The basic premise of the well-executed TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR

>CHRONICLES is we are following Sarah Connor trying to protect her son John
>Connor from Skynet, an artificially intelligent computer network system that
>conquers the Earth in the future and is sending back Terminators, cyborgs,
>robots in human bodies, back in time to A) kill John Connor before he can
>lead humanity to take down Skynet and B) to ensure Skynet exists in the
>first place.
>
>The premise of the show, given that it is a prequel to the movie series,

It isn't a prequel. It's a sequal to Terminator II.

Monkey boy

Mar 2, 2009, 2:20:44 PM3/2/09
In article <D8idndB6HolcfTTU...@giganews.com>, Ken from
Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Monkey boy" <yeey...@monkeyhouse.com> wrote in message
> > In article <6dadnbG_W6aqgzTU...@giganews.com>, Ken from
> > Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Instead of running and hiding, take the fight to the terminators. Draw
> >> them
> >> out, and chop them off at the knees, or hips, probably their arms too.
> >> Why?
> >
> > A better question is HOW? Chop these indestructable machines off at the
> > knees with WHAT? A Vorpal Blade?
>
> They are not indestructible. They are bullet-RESISTANT not bullet-proof. A
> hail of bullets will take one down--has taken several down.

At which time, they get back up.

> Regardless they are not bazooka-proof, mack truck proof, industrial press
> proof, molten steel proof. They can be stopped--with proper preparation.

Lots and lots of big, bulky, EXPENSIVE preparation. And there is only
really FOUR Terminator terminators. And a probable limit as to their
capabilities.

> >> Turn the tables. Study them to study Skynet. Find out intel on Skynet by
> >> studying its agents. Use that to plant intel for the future human rebels
> >> find and stop Skynet. Natch when the timeline changes, a new, different
> >> Skynet develops further in the future and has different programming, thus
> >> making the need to gather more intel on this version of Skynet.
> >
> > Of course, that announcement, "Here I am, come get me" would easily be
> > heard by Future Skynet. "Oh, how nice of the puny humans. Coordinates
> > for us to send every past, current and future Terminator."
>
> Thus creating a significant enough threat for CURRENT governments to stop
> development of Skynet BEFORE exists and wipe out the terminators with the
> full force of current military armaments.

Because the government is so very willing to believe far-out science
fiction paranoia.

> The terminators, like The Judge, are not indestructible.

The Judge was less indestructable than a Terminator. It takes lots of
work to stop one Terminator. It just hits me as a trifle unrealistic to
expect Sarah Connor and Co. to go toe to toe with the Terminators and
expect anything other than a glorious death. If it was that easy, there
wouldn't be that big a problem in the future.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 2, 2009, 9:17:08 PM3/2/09
In article <4hcmq454ri6tv6em7...@4ax.com>,
Rob Jensen <Shut...@aol.com> wrote:

Or at least she can't act while doing an American accent, like the
Moronic Woman.

KalElFan

Mar 2, 2009, 9:19:03 PM3/2/09

> The premise of the show, given that it is a prequel to the movie series,

> is that the characters can NEVER WIN...
>
> Kind of a downer of a show to maintain viewers week in and week out,
> unless ... you turn the premise on its head...
>
> Instead of running and hiding, take the fight to the terminators... Turn
> the tables. Study them to study Skynet... Use that to plant intel for the

> future human rebels to find and stop Skynet. Natch when the timeline
> changes, a new, different Skynet develops further in the future and has
> different programming, thus making the need to gather more intel on
> this version of Skynet.
>

> It's not perfect, but at least it allows the show's characters to at least
> rack up victories instead of continuing loses. And with victory ... hope.

I think this series has already established, definitively, that there are
iterations of the timeline taking place. Even the movies established
that by moving Judgement Day back, and this TV series did the minute
Cameron told Sarah that she'd died in the old timeline.

By definition, if the timeline can change as both this TV series and the
movies have established, there are effectively alternate timelines and
the concept of paradox is moot. The next iteration of this timeline
may have no Judgment Day. John and Sarah Connor and their allies
may preempt it in the present. They CAN win, by definition, because
of the way the premise has been revealed.

Part of the marketing job, to non-viewers or those familiar with the
movie series only, is to drive that point home. Terminator: The
Series is a different concept. It's not a one-shot adventure like the
movies are. It's based on an evolving "No Fate But What We Make"
premise. It isn't a downer where the characters' Fate is to Lose.
They're fighting to win, and they can win, and the premise of the
series is that winning would NOT wipe out their existence. The
challenges and dangers they face in the present might, or changes
to the past might if they introduce that as they dabbled with in that
one episode earlier this season. But they can and ARE changing
the future, iteration by iteration.

So I don't think the series needs to change much when it comes
to its big picture premise. I think the actress playing Sarah is fine
and so's the whole cast, but I agree it should be more an ensemble
and not so Sarah-centric especially as it has been the last few
episodes with the stuff in Sarah's head. It'll be fine as far as it's
gone, in the long-term big picture. But it needs to get beyond that.

I thought Cameron, and "Jameron" as I saw the article call it,
were built up last season but seemed to get dropped this season
and that hurt. The triangle had potential too, in that it was borne
of the Future Resistance's apparent distrust of Cameron and not
wanting John in the past to develop too much reliance on her or
become too close to her. This was a potentially provocative
storyline that could have itself generated buzz and interest, but
they seemed to drop it.

Nevertheless, I think the series is quite good, still has very good
potential creatively to run several seasons, and the key foreseeable
problem is that FOX will almost certainly not renew it because it's
down to 3.5 million viewers. So if it's going to continue Warners
needs to have a Plan B, proactively or preemptively.

I'm hoping the Plan B stands for Bold. Warners could announce
a renewal of the series itself for season 3, first telling FOX that it's
happening either way no matter what they decide. FOX studios
might get on board and do the same for Dollhouse. Then the
FOX network can decide what it wants to do. Maybe it gets on
board as the first network window and runs the shows Fridays
from Late May to early October next year, after the studios have
raked in the pay window upfront to make it viable and give FOX
Network a sweet discount on the license fee. Everybody wins,
and it may even pump everything up because such a move would
in itself get publicity and remove the cancellation angst.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Thanatos

Mar 2, 2009, 10:09:02 PM3/2/09
In article <hi6pq4daqfp25f94k...@4ax.com>,
Lucifer Sam <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I figured that he'd figured that he'd killed it outright.

Then why bother shooting it again?

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 3, 2009, 1:22:10 AM3/3/09
Lucifer Sam wrote:
> Are you forgetting that Derek destroyed one quite easily with a .50cal
> rifle? Shot its legs out from under it, then split its skull open with
> a point-blank headshot.
>
> Yet knowing that, they still insist on ineffectively plinking Terms
> with 9mm rounds.

That might be because few people can _fire_ a 50 caliber rifle....

Arthur Lipscomb

Mar 3, 2009, 2:01:19 AM3/3/09

"Thanatos" <atr...@mac.com> wrote in message

For the same reason you nuke the site from orbit...it's the only way to be
sure.

Thanatos

Mar 3, 2009, 8:17:01 AM3/3/09
In article <goikk2$bpl$1...@news.motzarella.org>,
"Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

If he thought there was a chance he was wrong and he hadn't terminated
the T-1000, the best way to fulfill his programmed mission (protect John
Connor) would be to leave it in one piece.

Rob Jensen

Mar 3, 2009, 9:04:04 AM3/3/09
On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:17:08 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <4hcmq454ri6tv6em7...@4ax.com>,
> Rob Jensen <Shut...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> How to save Terminator: TSCC
>>
>> 1) Do what usually doesn't work on prime-time shows (but would work in
>> this case) and recast someone else as Sarah Connor, or
>>
>> 2) Kill off Sarah Conner and rename the show Terminator: The John
>> Conner Chronicles.
>>
>> Sorry, but the avalanche has spoken: Lena Heady can't act.
>>
>> -- Rob
>
>Or at least she can't act while doing an American accent, like the
>Moronic Woman.

Nah. Lena Heady can't act. Looked great naked in 300 though.

-- Rob

Davej

Mar 3, 2009, 10:54:11 AM3/3/09
On Feb 28, 5:21 am, "Ken from Chicago" <kw...@comcast.net> wrote:
> [...]

> Instead of running and hiding, take the fight to the terminators. Draw them
> out, and chop them off at the knees, or hips, probably their arms too. Why?
> Turn the tables. Study them to study Skynet. Find out intel on Skynet by
> studying its agents. Use that to plant intel for the future human rebels to
> find and stop Skynet. Natch when the timeline changes, a new, different
> Skynet develops further in the future and has different programming, thus
> making the need to gather more intel on this version of Skynet.
>
> It's not perfect, but at least it allows the show's characters to at least
> rack up victories instead of continuing loses. And with victory ... hope.

I think this might be a valid idea although offense is always
militarily easier than defense. The detection of bubbles is also a
good option. The initial situation of going around snuffing computer
nerds certainly didn't have any legs. It would have been nice if the
writers had had the balls a few episodes back to establish once and
for all the nature of the travel enabled corrective actions (i.e. do
they loop back?). There is room for a turn-around here if the writers
can bring all this mess we've been watching into focus and show that
it actually does make sense and leads to a compelling situation if
assembled correctly.

Pete B

Mar 3, 2009, 1:38:28 PM3/3/09
In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-C13...@nntp.aioe.org>, ijball-
NO_...@mac.invalid says...
> You're assuming that I want to save the show at this point.
>
> I've pretty much decided, I don't.

I would if I had something to say about it - alas I don't :)

Davej

Mar 3, 2009, 2:20:07 PM3/3/09
On Mar 1, 12:05 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <6dadnbG_W6aqgzTUnZ2dnUVZ_oWWn...@giganews.com>,

> "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > The basic premise of the well-executed TERMINATOR: THE SARAH
> > CONNOR CHRONICLES
>
> snip
>
> > You probably think I'm crazy.
>
> Yes, if you think the crapfest called TTSCC is well-executed, you're
> crazy.

OK, to claim this is "well executed" is way over the top, but what
show isn't a crapfest? House? 24? Grey's? Idol? CSI? NCIS? It's all
crap -- ten miles wide and a foot deep. I don't watch this stuff.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 3, 2009, 2:58:05 PM3/3/09
In article
<89c23f7c-519c-4e71...@d2g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
Davej <gal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

CSI: Miami

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Mac Breck

Mar 3, 2009, 3:31:24 PM3/3/09

WQ going by a different name these days?

PV

Mar 3, 2009, 5:08:24 PM3/3/09
Davej <gal...@hotmail.com> writes:
>OK, to claim this is "well executed" is way over the top, but what
>show isn't a crapfest? House? 24? Grey's? Idol? CSI? NCIS? It's all
>crap -- ten miles wide and a foot deep. I don't watch this stuff.

And so you read .tv newsgroups ... why, exactly? *
like corkscrews.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 3, 2009, 6:25:59 PM3/3/09
Mac Breck <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Davej wrote:
>> On Mar 1, 12:05 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:

>>> snip

>>> Yes, if you think the crapfest called TTSCC is well-executed, you're
>>> crazy.
>>
>> OK, to claim this is "well executed" is way over the top, but what
>> show isn't a crapfest? House? 24? Grey's? Idol? CSI? NCIS? It's all
>> crap -- ten miles wide and a foot deep. I don't watch this stuff.
>
>WQ going by a different name these days?

Oh, that's just mean.

Mac Breck

Mar 3, 2009, 7:04:15 PM3/3/09

LOL! No, what's mean is Davej lumping Idol <spit> in with those good
shows.

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 3, 2009, 8:36:57 PM3/3/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article
> <89c23f7c-519c-4e71...@d2g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
> Davej <gal...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 1, 12:05 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:

>>> snip

>>> Yes, if you think the crapfest called TTSCC is well-executed, you're
>>> crazy.
>>
>> OK, to claim this is "well executed" is way over the top, but what
>> show isn't a crapfest? House? 24? Grey's? Idol? CSI? NCIS? It's all
>> crap -- ten miles wide and a foot deep. I don't watch this stuff.
>
> CSI: Miami
>

> YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I don't think that means what you think it means.

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 3, 2009, 8:38:44 PM3/3/09
Lucifer Sam wrote:
> Cameron could probably blaze away with one in each hand.

Only in Hollyweird. Here in Reality we have this annoying physical property
know as the Equal And Opposite Reaction. :-P

WQ

Mar 3, 2009, 8:45:34 PM3/3/09
On Mar 3, 3:25 pm, "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

--- He may be the first in what might soon be a long line that's vying
for my title, but I'm not going down without a bloody fight. But he
is on the right track so far, he's learned his WQ lessons well.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 3, 2009, 9:14:41 PM3/3/09
In article <49addba2$0$1631$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
"Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

Don't forget, Cameron weighs several thousand pounds.

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 4, 2009, 2:09:51 AM3/4/09

Only when she's in direct contact with the ground. (Wasn't there some comic
book superhero or villian who's powers only worked that way?)

Anim8rFSK

Mar 4, 2009, 11:04:20 AM3/4/09
In article <49ae293d$0$1607$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
"Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

"The Sole Sucker"

PV

Mar 4, 2009, 11:21:19 AM3/4/09
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> writes:
>> Only in Hollyweird. Here in Reality we have this annoying physical property
>> know as the Equal And Opposite Reaction. :-P
>
>Don't forget, Cameron weighs several thousand pounds.

Since the floors under her haven't collapsed, no. She probably weighs more
than the petite teenager she appears to be, but she can't be much heavier
than that or it would be very noticable. *

Beowulf Bolt

Mar 4, 2009, 6:08:48 PM3/4/09

<Lost Boys paraphrase mode>
"If you read .tv newsgroups... you don't need a tv!"
</Lost Boys paraphrase mode>

Biff

"All around me darkness gathers, fading is the sun that shone,
we must speak of other matters, you can be me when I'm gone..."
- SANDMAN #67, Neil Gaiman

Ken from Chicago

Mar 4, 2009, 8:19:48 PM3/4/09

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

> In article <49ae293d$0$1607$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
> "Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> Anim8rFSK wrote:

<snip>

>> > Don't forget, Cameron weighs several thousand pounds.
>>
>> Only when she's in direct contact with the ground. (Wasn't there some
>> comic
>> book superhero or villian who's powers only worked that way?)
>
> "The Sole Sucker"

You misspelled "Juggernaut".

-- Ken from Chicago

P.S. And Cameron does NOT weigh tons--otherwise the cars and houses would
creak a lot more and louder whenever she entered and moved.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 4, 2009, 9:38:12 PM3/4/09
In article <EbmdnQ1ca8wptTLU...@giganews.com>,

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

juggie doesn't work that way, but the Marvel Comics BLOB does.

> -- Ken from Chicago
>
> P.S. And Cameron does NOT weigh tons--otherwise the cars and houses would
> creak a lot more and louder whenever she entered and moved.

I bet she'd creak a lot more and louder whenever I entered and moved.

Jack Bohn

Mar 5, 2009, 6:19:57 AM3/5/09
Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>> Don't forget, Cameron weighs several thousand pounds.
>
>Only when she's in direct contact with the ground. (Wasn't there some comic
>book superhero or villian who's powers only worked that way?)

There was a mythological giant Herakles encountered who was only
strong as long as he was in contact with his mother Earth...
Looking it up, his name was Antaeus.

--
-Jack

Ken from Chicago

Mar 5, 2009, 8:31:58 AM3/5/09

~
~--- He may be the first in what might soon be a long line that's vying
~for my title, but I'm not going down without a bloody fight. But he
~is on the right track so far, he's learned his WQ lessons well.

Of course, WQ is the ZEROETH CYLON!

First of many copies.

And they have a Plan!

-- Ken from Chicago

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 5, 2009, 11:28:29 AM3/5/09
Ken from Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

You're frightening me.

Mason Barge

Mar 5, 2009, 11:45:44 AM3/5/09
On Mar 4, 9:38 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <EbmdnQ1ca8wptTLUnZ2dnUVZ_jWWn...@giganews.com>,

>  "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > "Anim8rFSK" <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote in message

You misspelled "snore".

Ken from Chicago

Mar 5, 2009, 11:46:53 AM3/5/09

"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote in message

Could be worse, at least WQ is not a terminator.

At least cylons can be threatened, bribed, and reasoned with.

-- Ken from Chicago

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Anim8rFSK

Mar 5, 2009, 8:00:49 PM3/5/09
In article
<72fe8df0-8024-4509...@q11g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
Mason Barge <mason...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 9:38 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:

> > In article <EbmdnQ1ca8wptTLUnZ2dnUVZ jWWn...@giganews.com>,

> >  "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b nos...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >

> > > "Anim8rFSK" <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote in message

> > > <snip>

> > > You misspelled "Juggernaut".
> >
> > juggie doesn't work that way, but the Marvel Comics BLOB does.
> >

> > > -- Ken from Chicago
> >
> > > P.S. And Cameron does NOT weigh tons--otherwise the cars and houses would
> > > creak a lot more and louder whenever she entered and moved.
> >
> > I bet she'd creak a lot more and louder whenever I entered and moved.
>
> You misspelled "snore".

:P

Pete B

Mar 5, 2009, 10:00:10 PM3/5/09
In article <4hcmq454ri6tv6em7...@4ax.com>,
Shut...@aol.com says...
> Sorry, but the avalanche has spoken: Lena Heady can't act.

I think she can, they have just given her a boring role.