Dharma & Greg Question

Mylene Smith

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Has anyone else ever noticed the vanity page for the producer (?) right
after the credits? We usually tape just that bit so we can freeze frame
it and read it. We forgot to last night and it was a new one. Did
anyone else happen to get it? Oh, and the guy says thanks for taping
and freeze framing on my vanity page.... :-)

Michael Higby

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Mylene Smith wrote:

> Has anyone else ever noticed the vanity page for the producer (?) right
> after the credits? We usually tape just that bit so we can freeze frame
> it and read it. We forgot to last night and it was a new one. Did
> anyone else happen to get it?

Chuck Lorre Productions #5

"Well, once again I'd like to thank you for not only watching but
videotaping "Dharma & Greg." I know you're busy, so this shows a
wonderful commitment on your part and I want you to acknowledge that
commitment with a big ol' Chuck Lorre vanity card hug. Okay, with that
done lets go with why you're here, to learn more of my more personal
beliefs. I believe this episode, which on the surface deals with a funny
Valentine's adventure, in fact grapples with the weighty issue
Weltschmerz. Weltschmerz is a German word which loosely means "world
suffering deriving from the inevitability of reality to never match up
with our expectations." Boy, only the Germans could come up with a word
like that. Anyway, in this episode Greg is in Weltschmerz hell as he
discovers that life is never quite like the brochure. Dharma, on the
other hand, recognizes that life is a flowing river and happiness exists
only when one embraces its ever changing nature. From this dilemma we
draw the comedic essence of our story. Finally, I believe that wehn I
retire and teach sitcom writing at a community college, I'll use this
theme for one of my classes to impress the kids."

Darwin Teague

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

In article <34E2F2...@clemson.edu>,

Mylene Smith <myl...@clemson.edu> wrote:
>Has anyone else ever noticed the vanity page for the producer (?) right
>after the credits? We usually tape just that bit so we can freeze frame
>it and read it. We forgot to last night and it was a new one. Did
>anyone else happen to get it? Oh, and the guy says thanks for taping
>and freeze framing on my vanity page.... :-)

Vanity card 2/11/98

Well, once again I'd like to thank you for not only watching, but videotaping
"Dharma and Greg". I know you're busy,so this shows a wonderful commitment on
your part and I want to acknowledge your commitment with a big ol' Chuck Lorre
vanity card hug. Okay,with that done, let's go on with why you're here, to
learn more of my personal beliefs.I believe that this episode,which on the
surface deals with a funny Valentine's adventure,in fact grapples with the
weighty issue of Weltschmertz. Weltschmertz is a German word which loosely
means "world suffering deriving from the inevisability of reality to never
match up with our expectations.Boy,only the Germans could come up with a word
like that.Anyway,in this episode,Greg is in Weltschmertz hell as he discovers
that life is never quite like the brochure.Dharma,on the other hand recognizes
that life is a flowing river and happiness exists only when one embraces it's
ever-changing nature.From this dilemma we draw the comedic escense of our
story.Finally, I believe that when I retire and teach sitcom writing at a
community college,I'll use that theme for one of my classes to impress the
kids.

BTW, last week's vanity card was "All work and no play makes Chuck a dull boy"
repeated several times.

Dishheads, dishheads, Roly poly dishheads!
Computer controlled TVRO -
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7438/dishhead.html
Homepage -
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7438/

donna_mc...@egginc.com

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

In article <6c6lp6$4lb$2...@news.indy.net>,

dar...@indy.net (Darwin Teague) wrote:

> BTW, last week's vanity card was "All work and no play makes Chuck a dull
boy"
> repeated several times.

Actually if you look closely, the "All work and no play..." vanity card had
one small interruption about midway down. I don't remember exactly what it
said, but in essence, it congratulated you on you patience for reading that
far. :)