"Sopranos" Spoofed by Hillary Clinton Campaign

Steven L.

Jun 20, 2007, 12:42:09 AM6/20/07
The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign has created an official
campaign video in which she and her husband spoof The Sopranos:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vlog/2007/06/clinton_campaign_video.html

[
Those in the know say it's witty. But I wouldn't get it because I never
watched The Sopranos.

Hillary, there are still some voters who don't have HBO, you know. :-)

In fact, Hil, there are still some voters who can't even afford to buy
cable or satellite.
]

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email: sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

David

Jun 20, 2007, 1:07:19 AM6/20/07
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 04:42:09 GMT, "Steven L."
<sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net> wrote:

>The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign has created an official
>campaign video in which she and her husband spoof The Sopranos:
>
>http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vlog/2007/06/clinton_campaign_video.html

Am I the only one troubled by all the play Journey has been getting?

Can Styx be far behind???

Bongo Jim

Jun 20, 2007, 1:29:21 AM6/20/07
On Jun 19, 9:42 pm, "Steven L." <sdlit...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net> wrote:
> The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign has created an official
> campaign video in which she and her husband spoof The Sopranos:
>
> http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vlog/2007/06/clinton_campaign_video....

> [
> Those in the know say it's witty. But I wouldn't get it because I never
> watched The Sopranos.
>
> Hillary, there are still some voters who don't have HBO, you know. :-)
>
> In fact, Hil, there are still some voters who can't even afford to buy
> cable or satellite.
> ]
>
> --
> Steven D. Litvintchouk
> Email: sdlit...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

> Remove the NOSPAM before replying to me.

The guy who gives her the stink eye is my favorite...that's America
looking at you Hillary.

rhino

Jun 20, 2007, 2:27:35 AM6/20/07

"Steven L." <sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net> wrote in message

> The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign has created an official
> campaign video in which she and her husband spoof The Sopranos:
>
> http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vlog/2007/06/clinton_campaign_video.html
>
> [
> Those in the know say it's witty. But I wouldn't get it because I never
> watched The Sopranos.
>
> Hillary, there are still some voters who don't have HBO, you know. :-)
>
> In fact, Hil, there are still some voters who can't even afford to buy
> cable or satellite.
> ]

So that's supposed to be a Sopranos spoof simply because one of the
gangsters from the Sopranos appears in it very briefly? Even though he
doesn't say a word and does nothing more than give the Clintons a dirty
look? If he had shot them or snarled a threat or something, I might see the
Sopranos connection but one dirty look doesn't do it for me....

--
Rhino

David

Jun 20, 2007, 2:40:06 AM6/20/07

Besides the "dirty look" there was... oh, pretty much everything
else... the setting, the music, the references, the ending...

Victor Velazquez

Jun 20, 2007, 8:35:00 AM6/20/07
"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It was cute. Does "cute" get you the Presidency? I seem to recall that it
doesn't.

Danny Boy®

Jun 20, 2007, 8:45:51 AM6/20/07
On Jun 20, 12:42 am, "Steven L." <sdlit...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net> wrote:

> In fact, Hil, there are still some voters who can't even afford to buy
> cable or satellite.
> ]

If the cunt gets in, all the illegals and welfare folk will have
it....HD too!

EvWill

Jun 20, 2007, 8:53:45 AM6/20/07
On Jun 20, 8:35 am, "Victor Velazquez" <victhr...@notnow.com> wrote:

> It was cute. Does "cute" get you the Presidency? I seem to recall that it

> doesn't.- Hide quoted text -

Not by itself but anything that humanizes Hillary Clinton is a plus
for her. The campaign video was inspired work.

Everett W.

rhino

Jun 20, 2007, 8:59:37 AM6/20/07

"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The setting appeared to be a restaurant that could have been anywhere in the
US; I didn't see anything that make it look like they were specifically in
New Jersey. The music was Journey; I don't remember Journey playing in the
background of any Sopranos episodes.

With regards to the references and the ending, I'm not sure what you mean
since I didn't see this last season yet. I'm not in the US so I don't get
HBO. I'll watch it here in Canada when it eventually gets broadcast on CTV.

--
Rhino

RunningScissors

Jun 20, 2007, 9:26:00 AM6/20/07
rhino wrote:

If you didn;t the last episode, you won't be able to relate.

wby...@ireland.com

Jun 20, 2007, 10:17:30 AM6/20/07

Just what we need - 70's hair bands.

WB Yeats

FDR

Jun 20, 2007, 11:33:34 AM6/20/07

<wby...@ireland.com> wrote in message

I thought they were 70's beard bands

Tony Harding

Jun 20, 2007, 11:38:25 AM6/20/07

"Domo arigato Mr Roboto..."

Tony Harding

Jun 20, 2007, 11:41:53 AM6/20/07

Huh, did someone mention Duran Duran?

**Bigstick**

Jun 20, 2007, 1:18:59 PM6/20/07

> So that's supposed to be a Sopranos spoof simply because one of the
> gangsters from the Sopranos appears in it very briefly? Even though he
> doesn't say a word and does nothing more than give the Clintons a dirty
> look? If he had shot them or snarled a threat or something, I might see
> the Sopranos connection but one dirty look doesn't do it for me....

LOL ... did you see the final Sopranos episode?
Apparently not.

jm...@msn.com

Jun 20, 2007, 1:24:19 PM6/20/07

nah, that "fuck" Bush will grant amnesty first

Tony Harding

Jun 20, 2007, 6:20:18 PM6/20/07

The diner was in Mt Kisco, NY, near where the Clintons' live (they don't
actually sleep in coffins filled with dirt from their homeland no matter
what Rush says).

> The music was Journey; I don't remember Journey playing in the
> background of any Sopranos episodes.

Besides the final one you mean?

> With regards to the references and the ending, I'm not sure what you mean
> since I didn't see this last season yet. I'm not in the US so I don't get
> HBO. I'll watch it here in Canada when it eventually gets broadcast on CTV.

Why don't you get back to us after you're seen episode #86 "Made in
America"?

Kurt Cocaine

Jun 20, 2007, 8:47:15 PM6/20/07
rhino wrote:
> So that's supposed to be a Sopranos spoof simply because one of the
> gangsters from the Sopranos appears in it very briefly? Even though he
> doesn't say a word and does nothing more than give the Clintons a dirty
> look? If he had shot them or snarled a threat or something, I might see the
> Sopranos connection but one dirty look doesn't do it for me....

Looks like Hilary spoiled the ending for the Canucks. I suggest you
cross our poorly patrolled border and vote against her.

robert underhill

Jun 20, 2007, 8:41:02 PM6/20/07
In article <4rih73h8sn1767794...@4ax.com>,
David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It paralleled the last scene right down the line. In fact Johnny Sack
giving Hillary the dirty look was the one thing that wasn't in the
Sopranos episode. I thought Chelsea parallel parking was hilarious.

--
Bob Underhill
Delete everything in CAPS to reply by email

wby...@ireland.com

Jun 21, 2007, 10:35:24 AM6/21/07
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:41:53 -0400, Tony Harding <ToH...@nowhere.org>
wrote:

Wrong decade.(vbg)

WB Yeats

Tony Calguire

Jun 21, 2007, 8:53:31 PM6/21/07
"Victor Velazquez" <vict...@notnow.com> wrote in

> It was cute. Does "cute" get you the Presidency? I seem to recall
> that it doesn't.

"Cute" may not get you the presidency, but "folksy" sure does, even at the
expense of intelligence.

zaryza...@yahoo.com

Jun 22, 2007, 12:59:22 AM6/22/07

I agree. One of her biggest drawbacks as a candidate is that she comes
across as a robot, and this makes her seem a it more like a "fun"
person. The video itself was actually only so-so in the humor
department, but it made her seem a bit more like a good sport, which
was its intent.

Victor Velazquez

Jun 22, 2007, 8:32:52 AM6/22/07
"Tony Calguire" <calg...@tcfreenet.invalid> wrote in message

Good point!

Ford T. FreezerClown

Jun 22, 2007, 10:18:05 AM6/22/07

<zaryza...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Check out this video the Clintons made at the very end of his Presidency.
It's actually very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-dC47Xvvw

lostie

Jun 22, 2007, 10:49:04 AM6/22/07

"rhino" <No.offline.c...@anonymous.com> wrote in message
Well you just witnessed the ending of the Sopranos from the ad. It was the
same ending. I'm in canada and wathced it on TMN.

poldy

Jun 29, 2007, 12:27:51 AM6/29/07
In article <1182488362.7...@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
zaryza...@yahoo.com wrote:

> I agree. One of her biggest drawbacks as a candidate is that she comes
> across as a robot, and this makes her seem a it more like a "fun"
> person. The video itself was actually only so-so in the humor
> department, but it made her seem a bit more like a good sport, which
> was its intent.

That's a lousy criterium for picking a president.

Country ended up with Bush because people thought he's be more fun to
have a beer with, overlooking questions of competence and passion for
the office.

Now a disastrous war we're stuck in.

Does anyone still want to have a beer with Bush?

Rev. Vegetable Lasagne

Jun 29, 2007, 8:19:11 AM6/29/07
poldy <po...@kfu.com> wrote in news:poldy-54630C.21275128062007
@comcast.dca.giganews.com:

It just wouldn't be any fun with Gore. He'd be complaining about the carbon
dioxide escaping from your beer

Victor Velazquez

Jun 29, 2007, 10:13:51 AM6/29/07
"Rev. Vegetable Lasagne" <v...@plonk.com> wrote in message

If Gore doesn't insist on nitrogen-pressurized beer, I wouldn't want to
drink with him either.

Ah, who am I kidding? When it comes to beer, I really only insist that it
be beer.

Anim8rFSK

Jun 29, 2007, 10:38:59 AM6/29/07
In article <S-6dnQ1rY-I7jhjb...@comcast.com>,
"Victor Velazquez" <vict...@notnow.com> wrote:

Victor likes his beer like he likes his women . . . warm.

--
"When you see Alec Baldwin, you see the true ugliness of human nature."
-- Kim Jong II

Victor Velazquez

Jun 29, 2007, 12:24:40 PM6/29/07
"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

Per Hal Hartley, bitter and murky. :-)

Rev. Vegetable Lasagne

Jun 29, 2007, 2:24:18 PM6/29/07
"Victor Velazquez" <vict...@notnow.com> wrote in

I have an idea for a new beer. It would be bubblized with nitrous oxide
instead.

BAH

Jun 29, 2007, 2:46:02 PM6/29/07
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:24:18 GMT, "Rev. Vegetable Lasagne"
<v...@plonk.com> wrote:

>I have an idea for a new beer. It would be bubblized with nitrous oxide
>instead.

"Bubblized", Rev? I've been making beer for years, and I can't ever
remember seeing that term before. :)

The beer is acutally "bubblized" in the keg - the compressed gas is
only used to push it from the keg to the tap.

Rev. Vegetable Lasagne

Jun 29, 2007, 3:30:03 PM6/29/07
BAH <ba...@bellsouth.net> wrote in news:roka83lcp97f109pu0tnhiiksm5i75pdcg@
4ax.com:

Well, you can't say carbonated if it isn't carbon dioxide so I needed
another adjective. I guess I'll have to head to the lab to do some genetic
modification to make a yeast that shits nitrous oxide instead.

Anim8rFSK

Jun 30, 2007, 10:51:44 AM6/30/07
In article <Wdmdna9v0sjSrxjb...@comcast.com>,
"Victor Velazquez" <vict...@notnow.com> wrote:

With a good head on them, or do you prefer them flat?

zaryza...@yahoo.com

Jun 30, 2007, 11:35:44 AM6/30/07
On Jun 22, 10:18 am, "Ford T. FreezerClown"
<fordtfreezercl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> <zaryzary2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-dC47Xvvw- Hide quoted text -

That's pretty good, actually. I like it better than the Sopranos one.

zaryza...@yahoo.com

Jun 30, 2007, 11:40:53 AM6/30/07
On Jun 29, 12:27 am, poldy <p...@kfu.com> wrote:
> In article <1182488362.759236.134...@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

> zaryzary2...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I agree. One of her biggest drawbacks as a candidate is that she comes
> > across as a robot, and this makes her seem a it more like a "fun"
> > person. The video itself was actually only so-so in the humor
> > department, but it made her seem a bit more like a good sport, which
> > was its intent.
>
> That's a lousy criterium for picking a president.
>
> Country ended up with Bush because people thought he's be more fun to
> have a beer with, overlooking questions of competence and passion for
> the office.

People make voting choices based on a lot of things, some explicit and
rational and others emotional. The Hillary campaign knows this which
is why they're trying to get people to like her as a person. There
was some poll that came out the other day that said that 52% (or
something) of people wouldn't even consider voting for her at this
stage, and I suspect a lot of that comes from their reaction to her as
a person as opposed to her specific policies - most of which aren't
that different from her Democratic competitors for the nomination.
This ad is trying to bring numbers like that down.

Steve Newport

Jun 30, 2007, 6:34:56 PM6/30/07

zaryza...@yahoo.com
The Hillary campaign is trying to get people to like her as a person.

There was some poll that came out the other day that said that 52% (or
something) of people wouldn't even consider voting for her at this
stage, and I suspect a lot of that comes from their reaction to her as a
person as opposed to her specific policies
She really can't win.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com
O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O