Amy Acker joins "Dollhouse"

David

Apr 17, 2008, 2:47:11 PM4/17/08
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Angels/800037759

« Ausiello Report
Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!

The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
for Dollhouse has been solved!

Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog that Angel vet Amy
Acker is joining the show's cast in the recurring role of Dr. Claire
Saunders, the smart yet sad looker-after of the dolls who may or may
not have a crush on nerdy programmer Topher (Fran Kranz).

Love. It.

Whedon also confirmed that Miracle Laurie has been tapped to play
plus-sized doll November, whose comforting and radiant presence tends
to get her fewer of the criminal gigs and more of the personal ones.

No. Clue. Who. She. Is.

lurking horror

Apr 17, 2008, 3:34:09 PM4/17/08
In article <lm6f045hkhnarcg89...@4ax.com>, David
<diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/A

> usiello-Scoop-Angels/800037759
>
> « Ausiello Report
> Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!
>
> The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
> for Dollhouse has been solved!
>
> Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog that Angel vet Amy
> Acker is joining the show's cast in the recurring role of Dr. Claire
> Saunders, the smart yet sad looker-after of the dolls who may or may
> not have a crush on nerdy programmer Topher (Fran Kranz).
>
> Love. It.
>
> Whedon also confirmed that Miracle Laurie has been tapped to play
> plus-sized doll November, whose comforting and radiant presence tends
> to get her fewer of the criminal gigs and more of the personal ones.
>
> No. Clue. Who. She. Is.

I think the term is "Unknown." A quick trip to IMDB shows a hot picture
of her, but very little else. One, maybe 2 movies, and mostly theater
work.

Sort of like Summer Glau when Joss put her in the Angel episode.

--
In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like
these.

Mason Barge

Apr 17, 2008, 3:48:19 PM4/17/08

"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Angels/800037759
>
> « Ausiello Report
> Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!
>
> The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
> for Dollhouse has been solved!
>
> Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog that Angel vet Amy
> Acker is joining the show's cast in the recurring role of Dr. Claire
> Saunders,

WOOT! It just became "must see tv" in one household.

<-- thinks Illyria is the coolest character ever to appear on network
television.

lorinc...@yahoo.com

Apr 17, 2008, 5:16:26 PM4/17/08
On Apr 17, 1:47 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello...

> « Ausiello Report
> Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!
>
> The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
> for Dollhouse has been solved!
>
> Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog that Angel vet Amy
> Acker is joining the show's cast in the recurring role of Dr. Claire
> Saunders, the smart yet sad looker-after of the dolls who may or may
> not have a crush on nerdy programmer Topher (Fran Kranz).
>
> Love. It.
>
> Whedon also confirmed that Miracle Laurie has been tapped to play
> plus-sized doll November, whose comforting and radiant presence tends
> to get her fewer of the criminal gigs and more of the personal ones.
>
> No. Clue. Who. She. Is.

I'll watch it, but it is sooooo cancelled. Friday night death slot
here we come!

-beaumon

PV

Apr 17, 2008, 6:16:07 PM4/17/08
David <diml...@yahoo.com> writes:
>Whedon also confirmed that Miracle Laurie has been tapped to play
>plus-sized doll November, whose comforting and radiant presence tends
>to get her fewer of the criminal gigs and more of the personal ones.
>
>No. Clue. Who. She. Is.

That's because she's only ever had one tv role before, for one episode in a
tv show I've never heard of. Apparently the author never heard of imdb or
google.

5'9", 145 pounds makes her plus-size (from her agent's site). Oh-kay. *
like corkscrews.

Sean O'Hara

Apr 17, 2008, 6:48:31 PM4/17/08
In the Year of the Earth Rat, the Great and Powerful David declared:

> http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Angels/800037759
>
> � Ausiello Report
> Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!
>
> The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
> for Dollhouse has been solved!
>
> Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog that Angel vet Amy
> Acker is joining the show's cast in the recurring role of Dr. Claire
> Saunders, the smart yet sad looker-after of the dolls who may or may
> not have a crush on nerdy programmer Topher (Fran Kranz).

Faith, Helo, and Illyria. I'm there. For the three episodes that air
before Fox drops the axe.

--
Sean O'Hara <http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com>
Lincoln: Four score and 1145 years ago our forefathers' foreheads

Pete B

Apr 17, 2008, 7:22:39 PM4/17/08
In article <lm6f045hkhnarcg89...@4ax.com>, dimlan17
@yahoo.com says...

> http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Angels/800037759
>
> � Ausiello Report
> Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!
>
> The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
> for Dollhouse has been solved!
>
> Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog

His blog eh? That'll come as a supprise to Whedon.

>that Angel vet Amy Acker is joining the show's cast in the recurring
> role of Dr. Claire Saunders,

Ah, a pretty face. That's nice.

> Whedon also confirmed that Miracle Laurie has been tapped to play
> plus-sized doll November, whose comforting and radiant presence tends
> to get her fewer of the criminal gigs and more of the personal ones.
>
> No. Clue. Who. She. Is.

Nor. Why. She. Has. A. Stupid. Name.

William George Ferguson

Apr 17, 2008, 7:14:22 PM4/17/08
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:48:31 -0400, Sean O'Hara <sean...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In the Year of the Earth Rat, the Great and Powerful David declared:
>> http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Angels/800037759
>>
>> � Ausiello Report
>> Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!
>>
>> The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
>> for Dollhouse has been solved!
>>
>> Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog that Angel vet Amy
>> Acker is joining the show's cast in the recurring role of Dr. Claire
>> Saunders, the smart yet sad looker-after of the dolls who may or may
>> not have a crush on nerdy programmer Topher (Fran Kranz).
>>

>Faith, Helo, and Illyria. I'm there. For the three episodes that air
>before Fox drops the axe.

I'm guessing there are a total of 26 dolls (c'mon, Echo, November, Sierra,
Victor).

I think they should do identifiers based on their names. Maybe Uniform
could be a clothes-horse. I think they're already planning on Romeo being
a, well, romeo.

--
"Oh Buffy, you really do need to have
every square inch of your ass kicked."

Rob Jensen

Apr 18, 2008, 1:03:32 AM4/18/08
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:47:11 -0400, David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!
>
>The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
>for Dollhouse has been solved!
>
>Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog that Angel vet Amy
>Acker is joining the show's cast in the recurring role of Dr. Claire
>Saunders, the smart yet sad looker-after of the dolls who may or may
>not have a crush on nerdy programmer Topher (Fran Kranz).

I say that Joss can cast no one else from the Buffyverse onto Doll
House until they've been on How I Met Your Mother first. Fortunately,
Amy Acker *has* been on HIMYM, but Dushku hasn't.

-- Rob
--
LORELAI: I am so done with plans. I am never, ever making one again.
It never works. I spend the day obsessing over why it didn't work

Rob Jensen

Apr 18, 2008, 1:03:32 AM4/18/08
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:14:22 -0700, William George Ferguson
<wmgf...@newsguy.com> wrote:

>I'm guessing there are a total of 26 dolls (c'mon, Echo, November, Sierra,
>Victor).

I wonder if Foxtrot will become a shoutout to Bill Amend.

Whiskey should provide an interesting time for all.

I suspect that someone will have a problem with the name Zulu and it
probably won't be the black guy or gal given the codename.

And I wonder if Wilco will be on the soundtrack?

ravenlynne

Apr 18, 2008, 3:14:22 AM4/18/08
Pete B wrote:
> In article <lm6f045hkhnarcg89...@4ax.com>, dimlan17
> @yahoo.com says...
>> http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Angels/800037759
>>
>> � Ausiello Report
>> Angel Vet Moves into Whedon's Dollhouse!
>>
>> The mystery as to which Buffyverse grad Joss Whedon was considering
>> for Dollhouse has been solved!
>>
>> Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog
>
> His blog eh? That'll come as a supprise to Whedon.

Ha..I was gonna ask for the url...I've been looking for a blog from JW
and was pretty sure that there wasn't one.

--
Leah: That were a wee bit repulsive.
Buffy: Went okay. 'Cept I feel a little wierd about using a

Sean O'Hara

Apr 18, 2008, 2:16:20 PM4/18/08
In the Year of the Earth Rat, the Great and Powerful Rob Jensen
declared:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:14:22 -0700, William George Ferguson
> <wmgf...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing there are a total of 26 dolls (c'mon, Echo, November, Sierra,
>> Victor).
>
> I wonder if Foxtrot will become a shoutout to Bill Amend.
>
> Whiskey should provide an interesting time for all.

I bet those two have a three way with Tango at some point.

Bender: Your basic human is between 3 and 25 feet tall, and is made
of a hairy, oily goo wrapped in a T-shirt.
-Futurama

Pete

Apr 18, 2008, 4:23:13 PM4/18/08
In article <fu9ho...@news5.newsguy.com>,
>>> Early this morning, Whedon announced on his blog
>>
>> His blog eh? That'll come as a supprise to Whedon.
>
>Ha..I was gonna ask for the url...I've been looking for a blog from JW
>and was pretty sure that there wasn't one.

Welll... Maybe it isn't precisely *his* blog, but, heck, it is
named after him, and he does post there fairly regularly (and *did*
post that announcement):

http://whedonesque.com/

-- Pete --

The address in the header is a Spam Bucket -- don't bother replying to it...
(If you do need to email, replace the account name with my true name.)

Pete B

Apr 18, 2008, 6:46:02 PM4/18/08
In article <fuavvh$4nl$1...@jwgibbs.CChem.Berkeley.EDU>,
neve...@jwgibbs.cchem.berkeley.edu says...

> In article <fu9ho...@news5.newsguy.com>,
> ravenlynne <raven...@yahoo.spamholio.com> wrote:
> >Pete B wrote:
> >> In article <lm6f045hkhnarcg89...@4ax.com>, dimlan17
> >> @yahoo.com says...

> >> His blog eh? That'll come as a supprise to Whedon.
> >
> >Ha..I was gonna ask for the url...I've been looking for a blog from JW
> >and was pretty sure that there wasn't one.
>
> Welll... Maybe it isn't precisely *his* blog, but, heck, it is
> named after him, and he does post there fairly regularly (and *did*
> post that announcement):
>
> http://whedonesque.com/

Fairly regularly being a comment every other month ;)

William George Ferguson

Apr 18, 2008, 7:53:30 PM4/18/08

Like clockwork :)

Of course, he's posted twice already this month (the first was about Dr.
Horrible).

ravenlynne

Apr 19, 2008, 1:17:26 AM4/19/08
Pete wrote:
> In article <fu9ho...@news5.newsguy.com>,
> ravenlynne <raven...@yahoo.spamholio.com> wrote:
>> Pete B wrote:
>>> In article <lm6f045hkhnarcg89...@4ax.com>, dimlan17
>>> @yahoo.com says...

>>> His blog eh? That'll come as a supprise to Whedon.
>> Ha..I was gonna ask for the url...I've been looking for a blog from JW
>> and was pretty sure that there wasn't one.
>
> Welll... Maybe it isn't precisely *his* blog, but, heck, it is
> named after him, and he does post there fairly regularly (and *did*
> post that announcement):
>
> http://whedonesque.com/
>
> -- Pete --

I knew about that one...

Pete B

Apr 19, 2008, 8:49:32 PM4/19/08
In article <q1di045dfi4ut20rk...@4ax.com>,
wmgf...@newsguy.com says...

oh oooh, must be a sign of something *g*