Fact-Check This, Wolf!

Ubiquitous

Oct 8, 2009, 5:56:04 AM10/8/09
"CNN has become the butt of a running joke meme on Twitter for its lame
fact-check criticism of the Saturday Night Live skit which lampooned President
Obama for making too many promises that he has yet to keep," reports blogger
D.K. Jamaal. Here are some examples:

@DefiantKembro 'El Nino' is not Spanish for "the Nino" #CNNFactCheck

@EnasYorl "Wayne�s World" was not really a public access cable show.
#CNNfactcheck

@ArielAkiva The superfans were not actually having heart attacks.
#cnnfactcheck

@mitrebox Panda Express does not serve real panda. #CNNfactcheck

@CalebHowe #CNNFactCheck finds that 999,999 women do NOT think "Dick in a Box"
is a good gift. Which proves the perfect woman really IS 1 in a million.

@discerning_con CNN Breaking News: Stepping on a crack will not actually break
your mother's back #CNNFactCheck

@thecomeback After checking every river in America, we have not been able to
find a motivational speaker living in a van. #CNNfactcheck

@RobbieCooperATX CNN Breaking: Church Lady not particularly pious. Might not
actually even be a lady. #CNNFactCheck

@diggrbiii "He is not, in fact, Brian Fellow. Despite his very loud
proclamations, it�s just Tracy Morgan." #CNNFactCheck

@jimmiebjr CNN has obtained a statement from the CDC advising that "more
cowbell" is never an appropriate cure for a fever. #CNNFactCheck

@jeffdobbs: Over half of Saturday Night Live is NOT ON SATURDAY NIGHT for
Eastern time zone. Outrage. #CNNFactCheck

@jkfecke In fact, Blue �yster Cult never included a cowbell player named Gene
Frenkle.-- the musician didn�t exist. #CNNFactCheck

@mikehassinger: This just in: "Toonces the driving cat" not real cat, can't
even DRIVE! #CNNFactCheck

@freemanhunt Neither Dan Aykroyd nor Steve Martin ever resided in former
Czechoslovakia, & neither is particularly wild or crazy. #CNNFactCheck

@tnixon16: We interrupt this program to bring you word that Buckwheat has NOT
been shot. Repeat: NOT been shot. #cnnfactcheck

@effdobbs Schwetty Balls were actually made out of animal parts, not from the
male human anatomy #CNNFactCheck

@cfcantavero Breaking News: Jane is not an ignorant slut. #CNNFactCheck

@ORourkian After an exhaustive study, CNN has discovered Jake & Elwood�s last
name wasn�t Blues and they weren�t really brothers. #CNNfactcheck

@teh_Dede: Warning from the FDA: Cadbury Creme Eggs are not actually eggs.
#CNNFactCheck

@pow127 #CNNFactCheck finds that Dr Dre is not licensed to practice medicine
of any kind. #psa

@andylevy That wasn�t really Obama - it was actor Fred Armisen! #CNNFactCheck

@adcdl #CNNFactCheck There are 57 states

@johnleschen RT - Teen Spirit has no distinctive odor. #CNNFactCheck

@pinkascii #CNNFactCheck Eddie Murphy is not white.

Anim8rFSK

Oct 8, 2009, 12:06:19 PM10/8/09
In article <GN-dnRRNeYZ0SVDX...@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> @cfcantavero Breaking News: Jane is not an ignorant slut. #CNNFactCheck

Jane Fonda is.

--
Stargate Universe SGU: It puts the "U" in "SUCKS"!
It's the show 'Defiling Gravity' would be if DG had more regulars,

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 9, 2009, 1:45:35 AM10/9/09
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 09:06:19 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <GN-dnRRNeYZ0SVDX...@giganews.com>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> @cfcantavero Breaking News: Jane is not an ignorant slut. #CNNFactCheck
>
>Jane Fonda is.

Slut maybe, but not ignorant . . .

--

- ReFlex76

Steve R. Newport

Oct 9, 2009, 4:37:21 AM10/9/09
Jane Fonda received Tony Award, Drama Desk, Outer Critics' Circle, and
Drama League nominations this past season on Broadway.

Ubiquitous

Oct 9, 2009, 5:44:27 AM10/9/09
In article <ffjtc5p6audmku2rr...@4ax.com>, AntE...@aol.com
wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 09:06:19 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
>wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> @cfcantavero Breaking News: Jane is not an ignorant slut. #CNNFactCheck
>>
>>Jane Fonda is.
>
> Slut maybe, but not ignorant . . .

I think the word is "traitor".

Steve R. Newport

Oct 9, 2009, 8:35:19 AM10/9/09
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Jane Fonda: I think the word is...
Actress. Or activist.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 9, 2009, 12:56:32 PM10/9/09
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 05:44:27 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

Hmmm, nope, that would require actual treason . . .

--

- ReFlex76

Ubiquitous

Oct 9, 2009, 5:21:17 PM10/9/09
In article <bpquc5906d490no4n...@4ax.com>, AntE...@aol.com
wrote:

Perhaps you should do a little more research into her past, her years
during the Vietnam war to be more specific.

Steve R. Newport

Oct 10, 2009, 12:50:01 AM10/10/09
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
during the Vietnam war to be more specific.
----------------------------------
Jane Fonda was a major voice in the aniti-war movement. Bless her!

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 10, 2009, 1:41:18 AM10/10/09
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:21:17 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

>In article <bpquc5906d490no4n...@4ax.com>, AntE...@aol.com
>wrote:
>>On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 05:44:27 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
>>wrote:

>>>I think the word is "traitor".
>>
>> Hmmm, nope, that would require actual treason . . .
>
>Perhaps you should do a little more research into her past, her years
>during the Vietnam war to be more specific.

Oh, I know all about that; the point stands . . .

--

- ReFlex76

Jax

Oct 10, 2009, 4:27:46 AM10/10/09
Troll O Meter

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
| | | | | | | | | | |
^

Ubiquitous

Oct 16, 2009, 5:45:21 AM10/16/09
In article <ai70d5h89siv02c91...@4ax.com>, AntE...@aol.com
wrote:
>On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:21:17 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
>wrote:
>>In article <bpquc5906d490no4n...@4ax.com>, AntE...@aol.com
>>wrote:

>>> Hmmm, nope, that would require actual treason . . .
>>
>>Perhaps you should do a little more research into her past, her years
>>during the Vietnam war to be more specific.
>
> Oh, I know all about that; the point stands . . .

Glad to see you conceded my point.

--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn

Steve R. Newport

Oct 16, 2009, 12:45:48 PM10/16/09
Ubi digs up more shit.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 16, 2009, 4:00:37 PM10/16/09
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 05:45:21 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

>In article <ai70d5h89siv02c91...@4ax.com>, AntE...@aol.com
>wrote:
>>On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:21:17 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
>>wrote:

>>>Perhaps you should do a little more research into her past, her years
>>>during the Vietnam war to be more specific.
>>
>> Oh, I know all about that; the point stands . . .
>
>Glad to see you conceded my point.

So you agree she's not a traitor, good!

--

- ReFlex76

Steve R. Newport

Oct 16, 2009, 4:21:12 PM10/16/09
From: AntE...@aol.com (Antonio E. Gonzalez) So you (Ubi) agree
she's (Jane Fonda) not a traitor, good!
Ubi's an idiot.

Ubiquitous

Oct 16, 2009, 8:53:51 PM10/16/09
AntE...@aol.com wrote:
>On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 05:45:21 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
>wrote:

I see you have severe reading comprehension problems. That explains a
lot. Try not to be a sore loser, mmkay?

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 16, 2009, 9:26:33 PM10/16/09
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:53:51 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

Reading comprehension does seem to be a problem here; oh, and Jane
Fonda's still a lot of things, but no traitor (requires actual
treason!) . . .

--

- ReFlex76

Steve R. Newport

Oct 17, 2009, 5:09:22 AM10/17/09
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
I see you have severe reading comprehension problems. That explains a
lot. Try not to be a sore loser, mmkay?
------------------------------------
All idiot auto-responses.

Ubiquitous

Oct 17, 2009, 11:21:24 AM10/17/09

Obviously you think the word means something different from what
it really means.

Ubiquitous

Oct 17, 2009, 12:01:04 PM10/17/09
>All idiot auto-responses.

Ad hominem noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

--
It's now time for healing, and for fixing the damage the Democrats did
to America.

Ubiquitous

Oct 17, 2009, 12:16:01 PM10/17/09
>Ubi's an idiot.

trotsky

Oct 18, 2009, 9:10:15 AM10/18/09
Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Ubi's an idiot.
>
> Ad hominem noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

When you say "us" are you talking about you and your mother?

Message has been deleted

Ed Stasiak

Oct 18, 2009, 10:29:39 AM10/18/09
> Antonio E. Gonzalez

> oh, and Jane Fonda's still a lot of things, but no traitor
> (requires actual treason!) . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Three_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Section_3:_Treason

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in
levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies,
giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted
of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the
same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Aid+and+comfort

"To render assistance or counsel. Any act that deliberately
strengthens or tends to strengthen enemies of the United
States, or that weakens or tends to weaken the power of
the United States to resist and attack such enemies is
characterized as aid and comfort.

Article 3, section 3, clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution
specifies that the giving of aid and comfort to the enemy
is an element in the crime of Treason. Aid and comfort
may consist of substantial assistance or the mere attempt
to provide some support; actual help or the success of the
enterprise is not relevant."

http://rhymeswithright.mu.nu/archives/images/jane_fonda_sitting_at_gun%5B1%5D.jpg

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 18, 2009, 6:09:41 PM10/18/09

Great, now where's the treason? Just looking at a gun, in fact,
*getting in the way* of the operators doesn't sound like much; hell,
far from "aided and comforted" (the only one that could stand here),
they look downright inconvenienced!

--

- ReFlex76

Anim8rFSK

Oct 19, 2009, 1:05:45 AM10/19/09
In article
<99291dfa-350e-4c06...@m11g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>,
Ed Stasiak <esta...@att.net> wrote:

So, Jane Fonda and John Kerry, guilty of treason, should be tried and
executed.

--
Stargate Universe SGU: It puts the "U" in "SUCKS"!
It's the show 'Defiling Gravity' would be if DG had more regulars,
fewer abortions, worse writers, and no budget for lighting.

Remember, you can't spell "disgust" without SGU!

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 19, 2009, 1:08:44 AM10/19/09
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:21:24 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

Well, let's see:

<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/treason>

Main Entry: trea�son
Pronunciation: \?tre--z?n\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English tresoun, from Anglo-French traisun, from
Latin tradition-, traditio act of handing over, from tradere to hand
over, betray � more at traitor
Date: 13th century

1 : the betrayal of a trust : treachery
2 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the
government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to
kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family

or perhaps for Article III of the US Constitution:

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in
levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them
aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the
testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in
open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason,
but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or
forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

So, nothing fitting anything Jane Fonda did! Some samples would be
nice, at least ones that actually fit! She'll still best be
remembered for those workout tapes from the 1980s . . .

--

- ReFlex76

Steve R. Newport

Oct 19, 2009, 2:32:11 AM10/19/09
From: ANIM...@cox.net (Anim8rFSK)
Jane Fonda and John Kerry should be tried and executed.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Now this "man" is a true "troll."

Ubiquitous

Oct 19, 2009, 5:01:30 AM10/19/09

Obveeus

Oct 19, 2009, 1:18:30 PM10/19/09

"Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net> wrote in message

...and by the logic you three demonstrate, all the Red Cross, Doctors
Without Borders, etc... workers should also be executed as well.

Frank Frank

Oct 20, 2009, 1:53:50 AM10/20/09
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
> So, nothing fitting anything Jane Fonda did! Some samples would be
> nice, at least ones that actually fit! She'll still best be
> remembered for those workout tapes from the 1980s . . .

Oh, yes indeed. Why oh why did the aerobics craze ever have to end? Who
else featured in those anyway? Kathy Smith, Kathy Ireland (again!),
Denise Austin...

Steve R. Newport

Oct 20, 2009, 3:36:14 PM10/20/09
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote: Jane Fonda will best be remembered for those

workout tapes from the 1980s . . .
And a couple of Oscars.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 21, 2009, 1:33:53 AM10/21/09

All after Jane, or course; some would say, immitators!

--

- ReFlex76

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 21, 2009, 1:35:44 AM10/21/09
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 22:05:45 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

John Kerry? I'm aware of the things he did in that period, nothing
treasonous, if anything medal-worthy . . . oh yeah, he got five of
those!

--

- ReFlex76

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 21, 2009, 1:37:07 AM10/21/09
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 5:01:30 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

Err, not so much (no evidence, no trial!) . . .

--

- ReFlex76

Frank Frank

Oct 21, 2009, 2:36:11 AM10/21/09

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ... though Kathy in her turn
was all but inimitable.

Steve R. Newport

Oct 21, 2009, 4:08:53 AM10/21/09
From: AntE...@aol.com (Antonio E. Gonzalez) John Kerry? I'm aware

of the things he did in that period, nothing treasonous
--------------------------------------
Unfairly swiftboated!

Ubiquitous

Mar 16, 2010, 6:43:43 PM3/16/10
Anonymouse wrote:
>Ubiquitous wrote:

>> Ad hominem noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
>
>When you say "us" are you talking about you and your mother?

Sounds like you made a Freudian slip there, "trotsky".

Stephen Newport

Mar 17, 2010, 12:45:02 AM3/17/10
I'm reading Jane Fonda's autobiography.

Less military spending and more entitlements. "Ask what your country can
do for you" loudly and repeatedly.

Ubiquitous

May 16, 2010, 12:34:49 AM5/16/10
Obv...@aol.com wrote:

>"Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> ANIM...@cox.net wrote:

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Three_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Section_3:_Treason

>> http://rhymeswithright.mu.nu/archives/images/jane_fonda_sitting_at_gun%5B1%5D.jpg
>>>
>>>So, Jane Fonda and John Kerry, guilty of treason, should be tried and
>>>executed.
>>
>> True.
>
>...and by the logic you three demonstrate, all the Red Cross, Doctors
>Without Borders, etc... workers should also be executed as well.

Except in your case, logic has nothing to do with it. Try harder next
time.

Message has been deleted

tomcervo

May 16, 2010, 9:12:02 AM5/16/10
On May 16, 12:34 am, web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote:
> Obve...@aol.com wrote:

> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Three_of_the_United_States_Const...

> >>http://rhymeswithright.mu.nu/archives/images/jane_fonda_sitting_at_gu...

> >> True.
>
> >...and by the logic you three demonstrate, all the Red Cross, Doctors
> >Without Borders, etc... workers should also be executed as well.
>
> Except in your case, logic has nothing to do with it. Try harder next
> time.
>
> --
> It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
> the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn
> our military victory in Iraq into a second Vietnam quagmire. Too bad
> for them, it's failing.

More Ubi lag? Better check your connection--or pay your bill.