Greg Eichelberger

Jan 22, 1995, 7:14:59 AM1/22/95

On January 21, 1995, jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu <Jess Nevins> wrote:

>Hey! RATM #1! Love it or leave it, pal!

Hey! Dickweed #1! Bite me, pal!

Your head would make a nice little trophy in my Flame War Hall.

Which leads me to the top ten dumbest things about this newsgroup.

10. Irrelevant postings
9. Long, boring threads which lead to nowhere
8. References only shut-ins and Star Trek geeks could understand
7. Idiots who insist on writing stupid review synopsises of each episode
6. People who don't use their real names when posting
5. People who insist on inserting some silly nickname or phrase between
their first and last names
4. Those who suck up and try to impress certain individuals connected
intimately with "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"
3. People who want to trade Star Trek, Deep Space Nine and Josie & The
Pussycats episodes for "MST3K" tapes
2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and
Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil
1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore

There. It had to be said and I said it. If no one else is going to stir up
this newsgroup, then I am. I welcome your responses, in fact I DARE you to
respond.

My office is always open.

Remember, I've been flamed by "Spatch". I can take anything.

Greg Eichelberger

Jason Cohen

Jan 22, 1995, 8:32:08 AM1/22/95
In article <3fti83$q...@opus.ccrwest.org> i...@ccrwest.org (Greg Eichelberger) writes:

(top ten ways to bait a flame thankfully excluded...)

> 1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore

Who's *WE*, white man?

Jasoooon! (that's one 'I mean, personally, I'm ALWAYS funny'.)
j...@acpub.duke.edu
"Turnips!" (See? Funny right there.)

jnevins

Jan 22, 1995, 9:23:55 AM1/22/95
i...@ccrwest.org (Greg Eichelberger) writes:

>On January 21, 1995, jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu <Jess Nevins> wrote:

>>Hey! RATM #1! Love it or leave it, pal!

>Hey! Dickweed #1! Bite me, pal!

oooooh - _that_ was original.

>Your head would make a nice little trophy in my Flame War Hall.

well, then, walk it to me, hotshot - show me what you got.

>Which leads me to the top ten dumbest things about this newsgroup.

>10. Irrelevant postings
> 9. Long, boring threads which lead to nowhere
> 8. References only shut-ins and Star Trek geeks could understand
> 7. Idiots who insist on writing stupid review synopsises of each episode
> 6. People who don't use their real names when posting
> 5. People who insist on inserting some silly nickname or phrase between
> their first and last names
> 4. Those who suck up and try to impress certain individuals connected
> intimately with "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"
> 3. People who want to trade Star Trek, Deep Space Nine and Josie & The
> Pussycats episodes for "MST3K" tapes
> 2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and
> Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil
> 1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore

Greg, I think it's time for the nurse to bring you your medication...

jess

MHA...@news.delphi.com

Jan 22, 1995, 12:41:18 PM1/22/95
i...@ccrwest.org (Greg Eichelberger) writes:

>There. It had to be said and I said it. If no one else is going to stir up
>this newsgroup, then I am. I welcome your responses, in fact I DARE you to
>respond.

Okay, bub, you asked for it. A friend of mine in the ShowBiz/MST
section on CompuServe recently read Monsieur Foust's post re the ShowBiz
forum (a troublemaker, who shall remain nameless because it was me, reposted
his message there for its entertainment value). She posted a thoughtful
reply. Douglas is her cat, BTW.

> >chock full of seriously unfunny people talking very little about MST3K
> >and trying very hard to make MST-like jokes. Internet is much more
> >lively.
>
> Dearest John,
>
> Joel's better than Mike. Mike's better than Joel. Joel's better than
> Mike. Mike's better than Joel. Mike is better than Trace. Trace is better
> than Kevin. Kevin is cooler because he's Irish. Crow's better than Servo.
> Gypsy's better than Crow. Josh Weinstein is better than Frank. Frank's
> better than Josh Weinstein. Josh Weinstein is writing for The Simpsons.
> No, he isn't. Joel is gay. Is not, is too, is not, is too. I saw Joel on
> Canadian TV. I did, too. So did I. In the fortieth minute of episode 517,
> Crow's head turns to the right. No, to the left. Did you see the small
> white patch on the upper-right petal of Door 5? Joel's better than Mike.
> Mike's better than Joel. In last week's episode there were at least four
> times that a gap appeared between Tom Servo's head and his upper body.
> Joel is better than Mike. Mike is better than Mike.
>
> Happy?
>
> Scratch him, Douglas!

With animosity toward none, I chortled heartily. Each online group
looks pretty darned silly to newcomers on first read, you know.

I'm not one to spout cliches, but there are people in this world far
worse off than all of us, and if you're like me, you'll think, "So?"

________________________________
|#=#| Care for
\###/ some Ebola _ /\/\ike /-/arney CIS 73473,531
<-@@> Zaire, ( ) Oh, I don't mha...@delphi.com
/__\ Tom? || <I THINK so. Un- "Who the hell wants to hear
\--/ <|| /#%#\ less, of actors talk?" -H.M. Warner, 1927
__--[]--__ / -- ^ #%# ^ course, you "Oh, bite me. It's fun!" -Crow,
[==========] / / | \ have "mint." Mystery Science Theater 3000
| /____\ \ // ===== ________________________________

Mike Barklage

Jan 22, 1995, 3:00:11 PM1/22/95
>Which leads me to the top ten dumbest things about this newsgroup.

>10. Irrelevant postings

Like this one.

> 9. Long, boring threads which lead to nowhere

Long boring items from "Gregworld" that lead to nowhere.

> 8. References only shut-ins and Star Trek geeks could understand

Is that why you're mad? You don't get the jokes?

> 7. Idiots who insist on writing stupid review synopsises of each episode

Yeah, like "Reviews I, II, III, ... , IX, X, ..."

> 6. People who don't use their real names when posting

Or have unpronouncable names like "Eichelberger". Damn, I hate that.

> 5. People who insist on inserting some silly nickname or phrase between
> their first and last names

...in a lame attempt to actually have a personality, I guess.

> 4. Those who suck up and try to impress certain individuals connected
> intimately with "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"

Hey, I just want to be Frank's replacement, that's all.

> 3. People who want to trade Star Trek, Deep Space Nine and Josie & The
> Pussycats episodes for "MST3K" tapes

And what would you suggest to those people who don't *have* any MST3K tapes
to trade? Giving blood? Sacrificing their first-born son?

> 2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and
> Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil

I have no idea what that means, so I can't respond to it.

> 1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore

"We"? What do you mean "we", white man?

>There. It had to be said and I said it. If no one else is going to stir up
>this newsgroup, then I am. I welcome your responses, in fact I DARE you to
>respond.
>My office is always open.
>Remember, I've been flamed by "Spatch". I can take anything.
>
>Greg Eichelberger

Hey, if you don't like it here, nobody's stopping you from leaving. It's
*your* free time, pal. If you like to spend it this way, there's always
alt.flame.

Chirpy the Mutant Hellbeast | "Are those voices in your head or mine?"
aka Mike Barklage |
aka bark...@ucsu.colorado.edu | - #618, High School Big Shot
aka MSTie #19634 |

fRiNgE

Jan 22, 1995, 3:36:48 PM1/22/95
In article <3fti83$q...@opus.ccrwest.org> i...@ccrwest.org (Greg Eichelberger) writes:
>On January 21, 1995, jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu <Jess Nevins> wrote:
>
>>Hey! RATM #1! Love it or leave it, pal!
>
>Hey! Dickweed #1! Bite me, pal!
>
>Your head would make a nice little trophy in my Flame War Hall.
>
>Which leads me to the top ten dumbest things about this newsgroup.
^^ You misspelled 'us'. Hope that helps.

Let's check off how many of these Greg is responsible for, shall we?

>10. Irrelevant postings
Check!

> 9. Long, boring threads which lead to nowhere

Check

> 8. References only shut-ins and Star Trek geeks could understand

check

> 7. Idiots who insist on writing stupid review synopsises of each episode

Big-ol' checkeroonie!

> 6. People who don't use their real names when posting

OK, admittedly he doesn't get a check for this unless you count using the
royal we.
But wait! His e-mail address is ike! His name does not have the initials
ike! Check! Hahaha.

> 5. People who insist on inserting some silly nickname or phrase between
> their first and last names

No check for this.

> 4. Those who suck up and try to impress certain individuals connected
> intimately with "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"

Checkcheckcheck.

> 3. People who want to trade Star Trek, Deep Space Nine and Josie & The
> Pussycats episodes for "MST3K" tapes

I don't remember. Half a check.

> 2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and
> Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil

Huh?

> 1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore

BIG-Ol' check!

Hmmm, looks like old Greg (or should I say Ike?) is guilty of just about ALL
of these. Maybe if they left, the problem wouldn't be so bad.

>There. It had to be said and I said it. If no one else is going to stir up

No, you need a big wooden spoon to stir things up.

>this newsgroup, then I am. I welcome your responses, in fact I DARE you to
>respond.

Well, I double-dare you with sugar on top!

>My office is always open.

You have an office? Is it open Christmas eve?

>Remember, I've been flamed by "Spatch". I can take anything.

Remember, I've met and worked with "Spatch" (that IS your real name). I can
handle the likes of you.

>Greg Eichelberger

And just to be fair, how many am I guilty of? Well, I often go as fRiNgE,
but I don't use it either as a replacement for my name nor do I insert it
between my first and last name. I post the FAQ (I don't think you CAN get more
on-topic). I don't trade eps. Well, gues ol' Greg here is the only guilty
one. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

<fRiNgE throws several stones, followed by women wearing false beards standing
behind him>
<That is, they also throw stones. He doesn't throw them, even if they did say
Jehovah>
<But in the Latin, Jehovah starts with an 'I'!>
<D'oh!>

Matt "I'll stop now. And this ISN'T my middle name" Duhan
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Matthew Duhan mdu...@fas.harvard.edu
Look, when I want my opinions I'll ask me for them!
HRSFA, IGP, MST3K, TMBG, MP, LA, DNA--any more initials and I'll go insane
Women and Children first

jnevins

Jan 22, 1995, 6:58:12 PM1/22/95
MHA...@news.delphi.com (MHA...@DELPHI.COM) writes:

> |#=#| Care for
> \###/ some Ebola _ /\/\ike /-/arney CIS 73473,531
> <-@@> Zaire, ( ) Oh, I don't mha...@delphi.com
> /__\ Tom? || <I THINK so. Un- "Who the hell wants to hear
> \--/ <|| /#%#\ less, of actors talk?" -H.M. Warner, 1927
> __--[]--__ / -- ^ #%# ^ course, you "Oh, bite me. It's fun!" -Crow,
>[==========] / / | \ have "mint." Mystery Science Theater 3000
>| /____\ \ // ===== ________________________________

did Crow and Tom actually say that? If so, and they said it before _Hot
Zone_ came out, then that's a pretty obscure reference.

jess

Todd Gilbert

Jan 22, 1995, 11:03:01 PM1/22/95
This was done off the top of my head, so it's pretty raw.
Enjoy it for what it's worth.
Todd (see me in item 2) Gilbert

Greg Eichelberger (i...@ccrwest.org) wrote:

: Which leads me to the top ten dumbest things about this newsgroup.

: 10. Irrelevant postings

MIKE: you misspelled irreverent. Hope this helps.

: 9. Long, boring threads which lead to nowhere

TOM: [singing] It's got to be the going, not the getting there that's good.

: 8. References only shut-ins and Star Trek geeks could understand

CROW: You mean like Tom's last one?

: 7. Idiots who insist on writing stupid review synopsises of each episode

MIKE: Ahhhh, he's got sense-of-humor sign.

: 6. People who don't use their real names when posting

TOM: Mike, you shouldn't say "he". Greg might not be his real name.

: 5. People who insist on inserting some silly nickname or phrase between

: their first and last names

CROW: Much better to have extra words in the start and end like
"That Eichelberger Guy".

: 4. Those who suck up and try to impress certain individuals connected

: intimately with "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"

MIKE: I don't think Trace's fans suck up...they just want to.

: 3. People who want to trade Star Trek, Deep Space Nine and Josie & The

: Pussycats episodes for "MST3K" tapes

TOM: [singing] Which one of these is not like the other one.

: 2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and

: Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil

CROW: Frenching at a wedding is uncool, man.

: 1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore

MIKE: Well, I thought he had sense-of-humor sign. Oh well.

Michael Emond

Jan 22, 1995, 10:30:03 PM1/22/95
In article <3fti83$q...@opus.ccrwest.org>,

Greg Eichelberger <i...@ccrwest.org> wrote:

> 6. People who don't use their real names when posting
> 5. People who insist on inserting some silly nickname or phrase between
> their first and last names
> 2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and
> Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil
> 1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore
>
>There. It had to be said and I said it. If no one else is going to stir up
>this newsgroup, then I am. I welcome your responses, in fact I DARE you to
>respond.

Ha! You think I'm some little child who can be "dared" into doing
something I don't want to do. What kind of immature creature do you take
me for. I refuse! ....<Michael hums Stars and Stripes forever off key to
piss Greg off> .....Oh heck! I can't take it I have to respond.
First of all you wouldn't use your real name too if it it was
Asswipe (that's pronounced Assweepay!). Actually, maybe you would
Eichelberger (that's pronounced asswipe!).
Second, I only insert cut little phrases inbetween my first and
second name to build up some dramatic tension, you know, kinda like a
drumroll. And now Michael.....drumroll please........Emond! <spontaneous
applause).
The veil? I can only assume you are referring to my new hobby of
putting on my sister's bride dress and yelling "Always a bride never a
bridesmaid". Then letting Kenneth Branaugh spin me around. Or are you
referring to the veil of sanity? Oh yes, I passed through that years ago.
It was fun.
We aren't funny anymore. Sadly this is true. We need look no
further than this post to see this. I mean I tried to be funny. The cross
dressing visual image, the obscure "Mary Shelly's Frankenstein"
reference. But somehow all of the jokes fell short. Now don't patronize
me and say "Now, now, Michael. I cracked a smile on the asswipe joke". It
was at best Beavis and Butthead humour. A sad reflection on my former
much funnier posts.
Thank you Greg. For opening my eyes. Yes you'll be flamed for
your post. Like Jesus died for our sins, so does Greg burn for our
unfunniness.

Michael of the North (see! I'm hiding behind a fake name,
"oh Greg, now I understand, what you tried to say to me, and how you
suffered for your sanity and how you tried to set them free" sung to the
tune of "Bye bye Miss American Pie" - but not really)

Diana Hamilton

Jan 23, 1995, 8:31:47 AM1/23/95
In article <3fti83$q...@opus.ccrwest.org>,
Greg Eichelberger <i...@ccrwest.org> wrote:

> 3. People who want to trade Star Trek, Deep Space Nine and Josie & The
> Pussycats episodes for "MST3K" tapes

You misunderstand- what should people trade if they *don't* have a MST3K
tape collection yet? Why, something else potentially interesting, of
course! (If you got 'em, you can substitute "Akira Kurosawa or Alfred
Hitchcock films" for "Josie & the Pussycats" in the above. Your
"interesting" may vary.) I strongly suggest this method of trading for
budding MST3K tape collectors. It's much more likely to get a response
than, "Will trade blanks for MST3K."

>There. It had to be said and I said it. If no one else is going to stir up
>this newsgroup, then I am. I welcome your responses, in fact I DARE you to
>respond.
>

>Greg Eichelberger

Hmm. Did anyone notice "Eichelberger" (if that's his *real* name) listed
in that bogus alt.syntax.tactical FAQ that went around a couple months
ago? Maybe I should suggest a conspiracy and crosspost to
alt.current-events.net-abuse! [Joke!]

Diana
*/ike@ccrwest\.org/f:j ?

Suzanne Schroeder

Jan 23, 1995, 3:21:00 PM1/23/95
In article <barklage....@ucsu.Colorado.EDU> Mike

Barklage, bark...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU writes:
>> 6. People who don't use their real names when posting
>
>Or have unpronouncable names like "Eichelberger". Damn, I
hate that.

Excuse me! We all can't be named Smith.

______________
Suzanne Schroeder

Another RATMer with an unpronouncable name

Jamie Plummer

Jan 23, 1995, 3:56:31 PM1/23/95
hami...@umbc.edu writes:

> Hmm. Did anyone notice "Eichelberger" (if that's his *real* name) listed
> in that bogus alt.syntax.tactical FAQ that went around a couple months
> ago?

I was thinking the same thing... did anyone save that?

--
Be seeing you... | The above information is extremely valuable: | Gramm
Jamie Plummer | Many Bothans died for it. | 1996

Petrea E. Mitchell

Jan 23, 1995, 7:06:33 PM1/23/95
Jamie Plummer (jc...@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU) wrote:

: hami...@umbc.edu writes:
: > Hmm. Did anyone notice "Eichelberger" (if that's his *real* name) listed
: > in that bogus alt.syntax.tactical FAQ that went around a couple months
: > ago?

No, but I saw a couple names I did recognize, and know those
people wouldn't have anything to do with organized troll groups, so I
wouldn't put too much stock in it anyway.

ObMST3K: Coleman Francis was a man with a vision. (I mean, an overriding
crusade for *something* is the only way you can explain how movies as
bad as his were made.) And his vision was Petey Plane. Haven't you no-
ticed how in _Red Zone Cuba_, _The Skydivers_, and _The Beast of Yucca
Flats_, a propeller plane played a pivotal part in the plot? (Sorry,
that alliteration just happened there.)

--
/ <|> <|> <pr...@mvp.com> <pr...@gm.dev.com>
Petrea Mitchell ** GO NINERS ** <pem...@is.nyu.edu>

Mike Inglis

Jan 24, 1995, 12:41:19 AM1/24/95
Centuries ago, Nostrodamus predicted that on 22 Jan 1995 04:14:59 -0800, Greg Eichelberger (i...@ccrwest.org) would say:

> Hey! Dickweed #1! Bite me, pal!
> Your head would make a nice little trophy in my Flame War Hall.
> Which leads me to the top ten dumbest things about this newsgroup.

Wow.

So . . . when did alt.syntax.tactical start recruiting in the grade
schools?

--
Mikey "Dreamy" Inglis (mik...@netcom.com) MSTie# 24,294
(Opinions expressed here have been synthesized from recombinant m00se DNA)

CHRISTOPHER I. FRENCH

Jan 24, 1995, 8:54:27 AM1/24/95
Petrea E. Mitchell (pem...@acf3.nyu.edu) wrote:
: a propeller plane played a pivotal part in the plot? (Sorry,

: that alliteration just happened there.)
C'mon, we who know you know you better than that. Admit it. You did the deed
deliberately, delighting in your dissembling dialogue.
Chris "Ooh, the mind boggles" [Wakko Warner] French
--
"Here we are -- born to be Kings!/ |
We're the Princes of the Universe!/ | 7(AK) 28(DCA) 51(NB) 37(RO)

T-Bone

Jan 24, 1995, 10:46:09 AM1/24/95
Greg Eichelberger, Smeghead at Large, writes

> On January 21, 1995, jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu <Jess Nevins> wrote:
>
> >Hey! RATM #1! Love it or leave it, pal!

That's a bit strong, Jess, but still...

> Hey! Dickweed #1! Bite me, pal!

Nah, you'd probably enjoy it.

> Your head would make a nice little trophy in my Flame War Hall.

Heh heh heh. Okay, that does it. As a longtime poster to the various sports
groups, primarily college and pro basketball, I take that as a challenge.
Let's just repeat that line:

> Your head would make a nice little trophy in my Flame War Hall.

Well well well; went to the Loreena Bobbit school of internet flaming, eh?

> Which leads me to the top ten dumbest things about this newsgroup.

Greg Eichelberger; some Eichelberger guy; this Greg idiot; people who post
from ccwest.org; anyone whose name can be anagrammed to Egg Reichelberger;
people who claim they know how to flame then come up with something some lame
and tired piece of tripe that you have to wonder what the guy would do if he
ever met a woman face to face; this Greg jerk who's dumber than a braindead
trilobite; ...

> 10. Irrelevant postings

Pot, kettle, black.

> 9. Long, boring threads which lead to nowhere

Pot, kettle, black.

> 8. References only shut-ins and Star Trek geeks could understand

Oh? Then how do you understand all of them? Pot, kettle, black.

> 7. Idiots who insist on writing stupid review synopsises of each episode

As opposed to idiots who CRITICIZE people who write reviews? Pot, kettle,
black.

> 6. People who don't use their real names when posting

*ahem* If you were born in the late sixties with the name of the most famous
actor in the world, YOU'D take any frickin' nickname you could. In fact, I
bet you are one of those whinging little pearast voles I met every time I
moved. I'd be introduced, and these slack-jawed booger-eating morons (that's
you, Greg) would say "How's Liz?" then life like Arnold Horshack on speed,
thinking they were the cleverest and most original person in the world now
that Einstein is dead. Yep, that sounds just like the assinine, moronic,
toady little geekboy who would post this Top Ten List.

> 5. People who insist on inserting some silly nickname or phrase between
> their first and last names

Oh, yeah! They are a menace to society ... or is it just that you can't think
of anything creative to put in between your names? Based on your post, I'll
go with the latter.

> 4. Those who suck up and try to impress certain individuals connected
> intimately with "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"

It's called "humor", Schnookums. Or were you too busy whacking off to you
Cindy Crawford gifs to ever learn how to discern things like "irony",
"parody", "sarcasm", etc?

> 3. People who want to trade Star Trek, Deep Space Nine and Josie & The
> Pussycats episodes for "MST3K" tapes

Um, actually, I agree. I mean, we should ALL be the same right? I mean, we're
all supposed to believe the same thing, right? We're all individuals! (I'm
not!)

Look, you pompous, overbearing, flatulating butthead of a planarium, everyone
is free to like whatever tv, music, and films they want. Now, I rag on Star
Trek quite a bit, because I think it sucks. However, I do NOT think that,
GIVEN THE VERY FRIGGIN' NATURE OF THE SHOW, that drifting off-topic into
something that others in ratm are interested in, is such a bad thing. For one
thing, schlort, that's why we have OTP and WOTP in subject lines. For another
thing, in real life, a conversation with your friends will meander through
different subjects as the conversation flows. If you had ever had a friend,
you would know this.

> 2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and
> Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil

Who???? Um, look, on all newsgroups, people come, people go. It happens.
You've had friends who moved away, right? Oh, I forgot, you don't have any
friends.

> 1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore

a.) What "we", paleface? b.) How can "anymore" apply to you when you have
never shown a bit of humor in the first place.

> There. It had to be said and I said it. If no one else is going to stir
> up this newsgroup, then I am.

Wah wah wah!!! Pay attention to me!!! Pay attention to me!!! Wah wah wah!!!

> I welcome your responses, in fact I DARE you to
> respond.

You DARE? Okay how's this: Greg, you've never known the touch of a woman,
have you?

> My office is always open.

Just so you can have better access when you download Rebekka Armstrong .jpgs,
no doubt. ("Greg, did you spill pudding on the keyboard?")

> Remember, I've been flamed by "Spatch". I can take anything.

Okay, how's this:
As he sat in his stuffy, dark, strange smelling room on another Saturday
night, Greg Eichelberger (Dickweed, Shithead, Denture Wearer) curled over the
keyboard of his Commodore 64 as strains from his K-Tel's Disco Fever wafted
in the background. "They don't pay any attention to me!" he thought as a tear
rolled down his acne-covered cheek. "None of those women send me naked
pictures like I ask! Clarinda won't send me her dirty underwear! It must be a
problem with all of them, not me I'll show them!" Greg Eichelberger
(Dickweed, Shithead, Denture Wearer) logged onto his ccrwest.org account,
thankful that his new 16 baud modem would allow him to post more drivel on
The Information Superhighway. "I know what I'll do," thought Greg
Eichelberger (Dickweed, Shithead, Denture Wearer). "I'll rip off a stale old
format that has been overused and abused and just isn't funny. Then I'll be
really funny by saying things like

> 8. References only shut-ins and Star Trek geeks could understand

and the joke will be on them, because this Star Trek geek and shut-in is not
to be trifled with. Why, I even flamed someone once! I'm mean, I'm bad to the
bone! I'm a god of flamage!" squealed Greg Eichelberger (Dickweed, Shithead,
Denture Wearer) before he started his annoying wheezing laugh that scares
cats up to three counties away.

After posting his Magnum Flatulence, Greg Eichelberger (Dickweed, Shithead,
Denture Wearer) basked in the glow his Commodore 64 screen. "There," shouted
Greg Eichelberger (Dickweed, Shithead, Denture Wearer). "Now we know who
rules this place. I think I'll celebrate with some kickass music," said Greg
Eichelberger (Dickweed, Shithead, Denture Wearer), as he queued up his
Whitney Houston 45s. "Now, they have some new Claudia Schiffer gifs at
Washington University," said Greg Eichelberger (Dickweed, Shithead, Denture
Wearer) as he unzipped his fly. Lucky for me that

> My office is always open.

T-Bone (proud as hell of his nickname)

Jamie Plummer

Jan 24, 1995, 3:35:35 PM1/24/95
bur...@lobster.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
> Okay, how's this:
> As he sat in his stuffy, dark, strange smelling room on another Saturday
> night, Greg Eichelberger (Dickweed, Shithead, Denture Wearer) curled
> as he unzipped his fly. Lucky for me that
> > My office is always open.
> T-Bone (proud as hell of his nickname)

We're getting into a whole wierd are here...

Mike Barklage

Jan 24, 1995, 2:40:15 PM1/24/95
Suzanne Schroeder <suz...@mail.utexas.edu> writes:

>>Or have unpronouncable names like "Eichelberger". Damn, I
>hate that.

>Excuse me! We all can't be named Smith.

::cough::cough::irony::cough::hack::spit::....

Chirpy the Mutant Hellbeast | "Are those voices in your head or mine?"
aka Mike Barklage |

/|\
|----- another hard-to-pronounce last name

Claye Hodge

Jan 24, 1995, 6:12:11 PM1/24/95

>Hey! Dickweed #1! Bite me, pal!

You've been watching too much of Tom Servo...

Could it be??? Our good friends at alt.flame are making their debut??

>Which leads me to the top ten dumbest things about this newsgroup.

Ok.. List them.

>10. Irrelevant postings

Such as the one you just posted.

> 9. Long, boring threads which lead to nowhere

You're getting mixed up with alt.flame

> 8. References only shut-ins and Star Trek geeks could understand

How do you know shut-ins and ST geeks are the only ones that get the
references? Are YOU one?

> 7. Idiots who insist on writing stupid review synopsises of each episode
> 6. People who don't use their real names when posting
> 5. People who insist on inserting some silly nickname or phrase between
> their first and last names

Can't say that I do that.

> 4. Those who suck up and try to impress certain individuals connected
> intimately with "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"

In what way are we doing this?

> 3. People who want to trade Star Trek, Deep Space Nine and Josie & The
> Pussycats episodes for "MST3K" tapes

Who DOESN'T want MST3K episodes?? Obiously someone who isn't a fan.

> 2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and
> Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil
> 1. We just aren't that FUNNY anymore

Badoom boom CHING!

>There. It had to be said and I said it. If no one else is going to stir
up
>this newsgroup, then I am. I welcome your responses, in fact I DARE you to
>respond.

Ok.. if you don't like this newsgroup.. You know where the door is.

>My office is always open.
>
>Remember, I've been flamed by "Spatch". I can take anything.
>
>Greg Eichelberger

What do you think, Sir?

Claye Hodge

/--\_________/--\ /--\________/--\
l_________l___l l___l______l___l
l l_______l l l l______l l
^---^ ^---^ MST3K Tagline ^---^ ^---^
-------COMMANDO CODY: What about the rayuns?----------
--------CROW: You mean Ron and Nancy?---------
l------l ----
\ \\ll/ (____)
((o o) - CROW T. ROBOT TOM SERVO - l_ l
--0-^^^/\ 00 l
^^^^\---V -====-

Tammy Stephanie Davis

Jan 24, 1995, 10:50:59 PM1/24/95
On behalf of all of us who think simularly, I would like to ask
all others to please stop. Just stop. O.K.? The flames, the
flame baiting, the insults, etc. No explainations. No excuses.
No free speech lectures. Take it to e-mail, write letters, make
obsene phone calls...I don't care. Just stop doing it here.

It's not funny anymore.

Erin Cash

Jan 25, 1995, 4:06:17 AM1/25/95
In article <3g37c1$d...@post.gsfc.nasa.gov> bur...@lobster.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
>> 6. People who don't use their real names when posting

>*ahem* If you were born in the late sixties with the name of the most famous
>actor in the world, YOU'D take any frickin' nickname you could. In fact, I

Mako?

(forgive me doorknob, for I have sinned)
--
_
(_ * \ "It's always heads. Rosencrantz and

Jennifer Lynn Hill

Jan 25, 1995, 2:26:14 PM1/25/95
Hitler. Nazi. Third Reich. SS.

--
Jennifer L. Hill - evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu or evi...@ix.netcom.com.
"The more time I spend with men, the more lesbianism becomes attractive

Jamie Plummer

Jan 25, 1995, 5:48:36 PM1/25/95
evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu writes:
> Hitler. Nazi. Third Reich. SS.

of cou-- Wha-huh?

MHA...@news.delphi.com

Jan 25, 1995, 10:55:08 PM1/25/95
jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu (jnevins) writes:

>MHA...@news.delphi.com (MHA...@DELPHI.COM) writes:

Sorry to disappoint, but it was just me. Ebola's some scary sh!t, huh?

Mike

Lost Boy

Jan 26, 1995, 1:24:35 AM1/26/95
In article <3g68km$j...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,

Jennifer Lynn Hill <evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:
>Hitler. Nazi. Third Reich. SS.

Um, where exactly is your mind these days, o Eviljen?

Lost Boy
--
A flag on the moon

Mike Inglis

Jan 26, 1995, 1:14:11 AM1/26/95
Centuries ago, Nostrodamus predicted that on 25 Jan 1995 09:06:17 GMT, Erin Cash (ca...@math.orst.edu) would say:

> In article <3g37c1$d...@post.gsfc.nasa.gov> bur...@lobster.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
>> *ahem* If you were born in the late sixties with the name of the most
>> famous actor in the world, YOU'D take any frickin' nickname you could.
>> In fact, I

> Mako?

Huh? Have I been warped into some kind of alternate universe? That would
explain the beard I noticed this morning. (Well, either that or the fact
that I haven't shaved for two weeks.)

> (forgive me doorknob, for I have sinned)

Knock, and the door won't be opened unto you, if you are too stupid to turn
the doorknob.

--
Mikey "Dreamy" Inglis (mik...@netcom.com) MSTie# 24,294
(Opinions expressed here have been synthesized from recombinant m00se DNA)

THE WEBB WILDER CREDO:
Rock hard . . . Eat Hard . . . Sleep Hard . . .
Grow Big . . . Wear Glasses if you need 'em.

jnevins

Jan 26, 1995, 8:16:12 AM1/26/95
MHA...@news.delphi.com (MHA...@DELPHI.COM) writes:

>jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu (jnevins) writes:

>>MHA...@news.delphi.com (MHA...@DELPHI.COM) writes:

>Mike

Oh, yeah. That book is definitely not recommended for anyone weak of
stomach....or anyone who can't stand the idea that we could all die quite
easily anytime soon...

Damn good book, though.

jess

Daniel Sikorski

Jan 24, 1995, 7:51:14 PM1/24/95
Suzanne Schroeder <suz...@mail.utexas.edu> writes:

> Suzanne Schroeder
>
> Another RATMer with an unpronouncable name

It's easy ... "Throat Warbler Mangrove" isn't it?

ikaros, willing to bet that fewer people get things like ochenduszko and
kopusztynski right than get schroeder (shray-der, right?) right. right?

----
ika...@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us
Vanguard Dossier is looking for a few good writers and artists. email me
for details!
(and now back to our regularly scheduled .sig)
"Why, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."
-- Groucho Marx

Jennifer Lynn Hill

Jan 26, 1995, 2:22:34 PM1/26/95
Lost Boy (mto...@spoon.beta.com) wrote:
: In article <3g68km$j...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,

: Jennifer Lynn Hill <evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:
: >Hitler. Nazi. Third Reich. SS.
: >
: Um, where exactly is your mind these days, o Eviljen?

Oh, Lost Boy, don't you realize a thread on Usenet is _supposed_ to die
immediately after the words Hitler or Nazi are mentioned....this was my
attempt to kill the thread...

ObMST3K: Mike Nesmith, of course, is Joel's favorite Monkee. Think about
it, won't you?

--
Evil Jen - evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/evi...@ix.netcom.com
"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

jnevins

Jan 26, 1995, 8:52:20 PM1/26/95
evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (Jennifer Lynn Hill) writes:

>Lost Boy (mto...@spoon.beta.com) wrote:
>: In article <3g68km$j...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,
>: Jennifer Lynn Hill <evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:
>: >Hitler. Nazi. Third Reich. SS.
>: >
>: Um, where exactly is your mind these days, o Eviljen?

>Oh, Lost Boy, don't you realize a thread on Usenet is _supposed_ to die
>immediately after the words Hitler or Nazi are mentioned....this was my
>attempt to kill the thread...

>ObMST3K: Mike Nesmith, of course, is Joel's favorite Monkee. Think about
>it, won't you?

Evil Jen, maybe you could answer this question for me: was one of the
Monkees ever in the television show _The Banana Splitz_?

Don't look at me like that, I'm serious.

jess

Lost Boy

Jan 29, 1995, 2:34:42 AM1/29/95
In article <3g8spq$q...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,

Jennifer Lynn Hill <evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:
>Lost Boy (mto...@spoon.beta.com) wrote:
>: In article <3g68km$j...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,
>: Jennifer Lynn Hill <evil...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:
>: >Hitler. Nazi. Third Reich. SS.
>: >
>: Um, where exactly is your mind these days, o Eviljen?
>
>Oh, Lost Boy, don't you realize a thread on Usenet is _supposed_ to die
>immediately after the words Hitler or Nazi are mentioned....this was my
>attempt to kill the thread...

No wonder I'm so Lost.

Say "oh Lost Boy" again, I get all tingly and...nevermind.

Lost Boy
--
"Joel, what does 'stacked' mean?"

Jennifer Lynn Hill

Jan 30, 1995, 1:59:32 PM1/30/95
Lost Boy (mto...@spoon.beta.com) wrote:
: In article <3g8spq$q...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,

Looks like Evil Jen strikes again...boom!

ObMST3K:Okay, so it was Crow who did the Bob Dylan impression. I still
loved it.

--
Jen Hill-Your local, neighborhood Evil Jen-ev...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
"You do not treat me like this! What kind of business is this? I'm going

Roger M. Wilcox

Feb 10, 1995, 3:11:13 PM2/10/95
>Greg Eichelberger (i...@ccrwest.org) wrote:
>
>: 2. The best of our generation, Michael of the North, Todd Gilbert and
>: Suzanne Schroeder have passed through the veil

CROW: I passed a gallstone once.
TOM: I passed an algebra test once.
MIKE: I passed a Ferrari once.
TOM: Really?