[MiSTied] Darkest Days part 4

1 view

Claye Hodge

Jan 4, 1995, 10:26:55 PM1/4/95
>From: Praetor Corbett <sco...@gl.umbc.edu>
>Newsgroups: alt.startrek.creative
>Subject: STAR TREK : DARKEST DAYS (4)

TOM: You know, I think I liked it better when there weren't any headers.
MIKE: Yeah, I know what you mean, I can't think of anything else to soak
from it.

>Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 16:19:39 -0500

CROW: X Marks the Spot??
TOM: DOH!

> [BEGIN PART IIII]

[Mike sighs.]
TOM: Yep... uh huh...
CROW: DOH, WOULD YOU JUST GET ON WITH IT!!

> CHAPTER FIVE

MIKE: A simple Chapter Five, at the beginning of this post would have
sufficed well.
TOM: You forget that this is alt.startrek.creative.
MIKE: You've got a point.

> "I don't understand, Will" Picard said "They'll tell you what ship
>their giving you, but me...why not at least tell me what ship?". He was

MIKE: Why?? Because I'm BETTER than you!

>agitated, by the secrecy of the whole operation, as if they weren't

TOM: Well, having a sex change isn't something to take lightly, ya know.

>telling either of them anything.
> "That seems to be the way they're going about everything these days,

CROW: You know, with the UFO conspiracy, and such.

>sir" Riker said, that is, Captain Riker said. Before leaving the

CROW:[sarcastic.] Ooohh.. So he's a Captain, now. Should I even be graced
with his presence???

>conference room, Admiral Necheyev had 'field promoted' him to captain,

TOM: Of the volleyball team.

>the better for keeping a crew in shape on such missions as these. A
>captain, not a commander.
> "On the contrary, sir" Data said, standing behind and between both

MIKE: I don't think that position is humanly possible.
TOM: Well, Data IS an android, not a human.
MIKE: Standing behind and between someone or something is impossible.

>of them, biting on his finger nails. Geordi had yet to come up with a

CROW: Cure for the common cold.

>way to get that damned emotion chip out of Data's fused circuitry, "They
>have been quite open in the past with command decisions.".
> "Data..." Picard said, he was agitated by the whole situation. He

MIKE: I think you told us that already.

>remembered, all to well infact, their last meeting with the Borg.
> "Sir," Will said, looking down at his former captain, but still

TOM: Shame on you, you naughty boy!

>commanding officer," Perhaps we should begin to go over the crew
>rosters, before I leave for Mars." His orders were already clear, a

CROW: There sure is a lot of padding.

>packet had been handed to him on his way out with his additional command
>pip, and the instructions on what to do once he got to the Utopia

MIKE: Hmmm... put the briefcase, full of money down beside the replicator.

>Planitia yards in orbit around Mars.
> "Will, what's the use going over crew rosters when your orders
>have already told you Data and Geordi have been assigned to the

TOM: Obviously he's forgotten how many people are in a crew.

>Enforcer. " Picard said, almost whining. He felt bad, he looked bad, he

MIKE: Puked his breakfast.

>just wanted to be alone. What Jean-Luc Picard needed was a good, health

TOM: V8.

>mind-meld with a stern Vulcan, something to coo his emotions, and the

TOM:[NY accent.] You cooin' me?? Are you cooin' at me???
MIKE: No Animaniacs, okay?

>depression that overwhelmed him since the lost of his ship.

CROW: Or was it the depression of being in this post?

> "I'm sure they'll have valuable, and well trained personell waiting
>for you, when you get to your ship... whatever ship that may be." Will

TOM: Or we could have a ship full of dimwitted, no-brainers that will lead
us into doom.

>said.
> They did eventually go over the rosters before splitting up. Orders
>were orders,

CROW: PotAto.. Potato..
TOM: TomAto.. Tomato..
MIKE: Let's call the whole thing off.

> Will thought. He had seen the orders, and knew what his
>captain would be doing on this mission,

CROW:[Riker.] He doesn't mean anything to us, so he's going to be the
bait and when the Borg attack, and probably destroy them, that'll be
our cue.

> not much, he told himself. A few
>hours later, he and Data had arrived at Utopia Planitia, just in time to
>watch them install the warp core from the command location in the
>enormous station.

MIKE: Watching the installation was very exciting to them.
BOTS: Zzzzz......

> *** *** ***

TOM: S-O-S.. S-O-S..
CROW: No Tom, that would be *** ****** ***
MIKE: Crow, don't push it.

> "Well, doctor," Garak said, leaning over the table of virtually

TOM: Who's Garak??
MIKE: I think they switched back to Deep Space Nine.

>untouched food, "What have you heard?"
> "I don't know what you're talking about, Garak." Doctor Bashir

CROW:[McCoy.] I'm a Doctor! Not an eavesdropper!

>said from across the table. He noticed that Garak was prying into the
>business of StarFleet a little more than usual. But, what did that
>matter, everyone knew he was a spy. Wasn't he?

MIKE: I don't know.. what do you think when you see him talking into a shoe?

> "Oh, come now, Doctor... We both know that StarFleet is sending
>ships both here and into the Romulan Neutral Zone, I just wanted to know

TOM:[Bashir.] Huh? OH, uhh... Nothing's going on.. uh.. Ships?? Ships come
here, occasionally.. Yeah.. Ships come here all the time.

>why." plain and simple Garak said, "You know...curious and all."
> "Garak, I do know why. I just can't say."Bashir said, looking

CROW: Especially to spies. What, do you think I'm stupid or something???
Duuhhh..

>across the table at the Cardassian he ate lunch with at least one a week.

TOM: Wow, I didn't know there were that many Cardassians on DS9.
MIKE: I think he.. she.. meant ONCE a week.

>Garak made as if he was going to leave, but stopped when he heard Bashir

TOM: Chocking on his minestrone.

>take a deep breathe, something the good doctor did right before he gave
>up information. And he did it every time,

ALL: DOH!! Wah Wah Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

> "Well, Garak, you know it's not
>really secret information...But it seems the Borg have attacked the
>Romulans and the Dominion, and they aren't giving an inch to either."
> So, Garak thought, it is true. The ROmulan went to the Federation

CROW: How did he come to that conclusion?

>for assistance. They must be getting weak. "Why did the Romulans come to
>the Federation, and not try the Klingons? They are closer you know..."

MIKE: Yes, but they stink.

> "Garak, the Romulans did go to the Klingons...and they turned them
>down" Bashir said, wondering why they would do such a thing.
> "You know, Doctor, you know why they turned them down?" Garak

CROW: WHAT??? Is this 20 Questions, or something???

>asked, looking down at his glass, then up to see Bashir shake his head,

TOM: OW, my spine!

>no. "I'll tell you why. The Klingons are most likely hoping that the
>Federation does help the Romulans, then when the Federation leaves, when
>the Borg are killed...then the Klingons will swoop down and conquer the
>weakened Romulan empire..."

MIKE: Like the roadkill-eating vultures they are!

> CHAPTER SIX
>

> "Stand by on aft thrusters,"Riker said. His ship was complete,

MIKE: But what if I slip and bumb my knee??

>crew and all. He just felt, he felt lonely not having Jean-Luc there. But

TOM: Especially during those lonely nights in bed.

>life would go on, besides he would see him soon enough.

CROW: His head on a platter.

> "Aye, sir. Thrusters on stand-by" said Ensign Perez, he seemed a
>little jumpy, but who wouldn't.

TOM: He forgot to go to the bathroom before they left.

> THey were taking a ship straight from the
>yard into battle, and just any battle, but battle with the Borg.

MIKE: Oh, so any battle is a battle with the Borg?

>Something they all feared, and rightly so.
> "Commander Data, inform Flight Control we are ready for

CROW:[Flight Control.] Uh Sir? We're standing right here.

>departure." Riker commanded. He enjoyed taking ships from Space Dock,
>there was just something magical in it, no matter how many times they did
>it. But this was different, there were different rules for taking ships
>of these yards.

TOM: But the real question was which directions were for which ship??

> "Flight Control says, Enforcer is granted departure." Data said
>from the helm console. Once they were to get into Romulan space, he would
>transfer weapons control to his console, as well as taking care of the
>helm controls.

CROW: Of course if that was a human, someone would be complaining. But
NOOOOO.. A robot can do hundred things at the same tim.
TOM: I oughta write to my congressman!
MIKE: Tom, we're up in space. We have no congressman.

> "Very well, Mr. Data. Ensign, full power to the aft thrusters" and
>the great ship jolted, then steadied, working her way out in reverse.
> "Sir, we are clear of Utopia Planitia."

CROW: HEY!! LOOK OUT FOR THAT ASTEROID!!! AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

> "Okay, Ensign, set course for the Romulan Neutral Zone. We are to
>wait at Golondon 'Cor, for the rest of the task Force...minus Captain
>Picard. His ship will be joining us later." Riker said, spilling the
>beans early,

TOM: Could be worse. He COULD have been doing something else with the beans.

> who could blaim him? No game of twenty questions to play

CROW: I KNEW this was twenty questions!!

>later, "Full impulse." he said
> "Once we are out of the system, take us warp, Mr. Data." Riker
>said as he stood to leave. "You have the con, I'll be in my quarters.".
>Someplace he feared that wouldn't be his for long. His ship shuddered
>slightly, almost like a slow humming vibration, beneath his feet.
>SOmething that wasn't felt on the decks of the Galaxy class starship he
>served on for eight years.

CROW: WOW.. Very discriptive.
TOM: VERY over rated.

> But now he had a command, the newest ship in the fleet, the most
>power ship going in the task force, his ship, his crew: things to be

[All humming "Glory, Glory Hallelujah".]

>reckoned with. Watch out Borg, he thought in the 'lift on his way down to
>his quarters, here comes Will and the Enforcer. WHat a name, he thought, it
>almost made him shake in his own boots, the ship better live up to it.

[They stop humming.]

> [END PART IIII]
> [GOTO PART V]

TOM: Come on, we gotta go.
MIKE: I still don't see all the hype about Star Trek.
[Mike picks up Tom.]

CROW: More padding.

[Mike and the bots leave the theater.]

[Commercials.]