[MiSTied] Darkest Days part 7

Claye Hodge

Jan 4, 1995, 10:34:20 PM1/4/95
[Mike and Tom enter the theater. Mike puts Tom down.]

TOM: Whew! Thanks Mike. That helped a LOT.
MIKE: Oh, no problem. Say, where's Crow?

>From: "Lt. Cmdr. Corbett" <sco...@gl.umbc.edu>

TOM: Uh... I don't know. CROW?

>Newsgroups: alt.startrek.creative

MIKE: CROOOOW?
TOM: HEY CROW, WHERE ARE YOU??

>Subject: STAR TREK : DARKEST DAYS (7)
>Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 16:20:44 -0500

TOM: CROW, YOU'RE MISSING THE FANFIC.
MIKE: CROOOW????

MIKE: Doh. I'll go look for him.[Mike gets up and goes off-screen.]

> [BEGIN PART VII]

TOM: Well atleast the Roman numerals got corrected.

[Mike and Crow enter the theater and sit down.]
CROW: Hey, I wasn't finished!
TOM: So where was he, Mike?
MIKE: I found him pigging-out on ramchips.
TOM: Did you save any, Crow?

> CHAPTER TEN
>

> The transporter effect was finally leaving,

TOM: Awww, but it just got here.
MIKE: It's the first special effect done in this post.
TOM: What about that guy that visited Commander Sisko? He popped out of
nowhere.
MIKE: Well the way he got there wasn't mentioned, and the way he left..
you would call that lighting.

> the Chief Engineer had
>arrived. There was a time when he thought that the transprters on these
>ships were the fastest in the galaxy, now they were the slowest.

CROW: But even they beat the speed of this fanfic.

> Standing in front of the console was Captain Picard, standing
>straight and tall, at least as tall as he could.

MIKE: He must have put his hands on his knees and checked his posture.

> Behind him, a young
>Vulcan woman worked the console. Once the dazzling effects of the
>transporter left, Picard stepped forward, reaching a hand out to his new

TOM: The trails.... the TRAILS!!!
CROW:[announcer.] Super Freak-Out, by Marx.

>arrival," Captain Scott, how nice it is to see you again," was his
>standard opening line when someone beamed aboard his ship.

MIKE: Too bad I can't say the same.

> Captain Montegomery Scott stood for a moment looking around the
>comforting confines of the main transporter room; a room he hadn't seen
>look this nice in almost a century (if you count the time in the
>transporter of the Janolin.).

TOM: Or how long it takes to read this fanfic. Whichever you want to use.

> His gaze finally settled on Jean-Luc
>Picard, standing in front of him, "Captain, permission to come aboard?"

CROW: Permission denied. Ha ha ha, just kidding.

>he asked, almost just for nastalagas sake alone.
> "Permission granted." Picard answered. He smiled broadly at the
>hefty Scot who seemed to shine with joy.

MIKE: Or maybe it was the effect of the radiation from the transporter.

> But they had to get down to
>business, this was a war they were going to fight. Wasn't it?

TOM: Uhhh, no.
CROW: Yes? No.
TOM: I want to change my answer.
MIKE: Nope, Sorry. Always wonder.

> As the
>former Captain of the Engineering aboard the original Enterprise came
>down off the padd, Picard said, " Sir, we really do have a lot of work to
>do. First, you need to get into uniform. Second, the warp engines need

CROW: He's naked??? EWWWWW!!
TOM: Oh, GROSS!

>calibrated and started up."
> Scottie looked down at his feet, losing that sense of
>happiness," Aye, sir. Tha's what took me so long. Ah couldna find me

TOM:[Scotty]me penny loafers.

>uniform." But then he held up the bag he had brung on, "I found it though."

CROW: Don't you mean, you FINDED it, since he BRUNG it aboard??

> "Good, Captain. Then let's get to work. We have fourty minutes to
>get out of here," Picard said, meaning that

MIKE: They had set a time bomb.

> the ruining of the schedule
>would cause a hassle for the rest of the Task Force, and for them when
>Admiral Necheyev finds out.

TOM: Oh NO! They're not bringing her back into this story again, are they??
MIKE: Probably.
TOM: Oh Noooooo! [sobbing.]
MIKE: Tom, just think of her as Torgo.
CROW:[amused.] Yeah, instead of big knees.. big..
MIKE: CROW! That's not nice, although she DOES deserve it, that's still not
the point.

> Mr. Scott looked him in the eye and told what he knew to be a bold
>faced lie, "Sir, it'll take a' least a' hour ta get to engines warmed

TOM: DOH!
ALL: WAH WAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH....

>up." He knew that he could do it in less than thirty minutes, but he told
>Picard that, then how could he make a reputation in the twenty-fourth
>century as being a 'Miracle Worker'.

CROW: I'm a doctor, not a Miracle Worker!
MIKE: Wrong character.
CROW: Oh, Sorry.

> Two minutes later Scottie was in engineering beginning to get the
>new engines on line. This is what he missed, this time it was real. He

MIKE: But could he handle the pressure???

>thanked the gods that StarFleet had come to him, a retired old man, for
>this particular job. Hello ma babies,

TOM:[singing.] Hello my honey. Hello my ragtime gal...

> he thought when he looked at the back
>of the ship at the different, yet similiar parts to ones he had warmed up
>on a hundred years before.
>
> *** *** ***

MIKE: Ut Oh. Scene change. Get ready for it, guys.

> "Two days out of Deep Space Nine, sir,"the first officer of the
>USS Voyager said. His name was Chakotay, a native of a world other than
>the one his ancestors came from. Chakotay was the first of the native
>americans from off world colonies to finally join StarFleet. A tall, dark
>skins man who seemed to take control, when his captain failed to give
>commands.

CROW: Wow, my heart almost stopped during that exciting scene.
TOM: You think we'll get to see ANY action sequences in this fanfic?
MIKE: If we do, it'll probably be in the last part of the story.

> The single thing that drew most of the crew to ask him
>questions about his long lived culture, was the pin striped tattoo that
>took up much of the left side of his forehead.
> "Very good, Commander,"

TOM: I LOVE that rose tattoo you have.

> the captain of the satrship Voyager said
>from her commander chair, still the center seat. Captain Kathrine Janeway

CROW: Ooh, here's a little tidbit of info. The actor to play Captain Janeway
on the TV show "Star Trek Voyager", walked off the set on the first
day.
MIKE: Uhh.. yeah. That's very interesting, Crow.
TOM: Not.
CROW: Hey!

>was finally in command of a descent starship,

TOM: That's DECENT!

> though she would never
>complain about anyother command she ever had. "Alert the other ships that

TOM: Put a space between any and other!
MIKE: Easy, Tom.
TOM: I can't help it. I HATE these spelling errors!

>we will be doing another warp core breach drill in about an hour. Perhaps
>they should do their own?" she said, more question than statement, though

CROW: She's even questioning her own self.

>she had complete authority over the six ships, seven ships very soon.

MIKE: No, I think Picard was the leader of the six ships.

> "Tuvok, I want security posted on the bridge and outside the
>observation lounge at all times, starting now." Janeway said. She knew

TOM:[Tuvok] Okay.
MIKE:[narrator] Tuvok then, walks from his post and puts a post-it note on
the wall of the bridge and on the outside of the observation lounge.
The note says "security".

>the complete story of what was going down in the Gamma Quadrant,
>evidently the Federation had someone on the inside with the Dominion.

TOM: But WHO????

> She
>also knew the mission they had been assigned, the new mission that is.
>She thought the Marquis would be put on hold,

CROW: She must work for Microsoft.

> at least until this Borg
>and Jem'Hadar situation cleared up.

TOM: You're going to need ointment for that.

> "Captain, this is a StarFleet vessel. I find it illogical to post
>guards on a ship that all have sworn to protect."

MIKE: But, what do you REALLY think?

> the dark skinned vulcan
>said. His dark, thin sharp moving around so to see the woman he was
>speaking to.

CROW: Dark, thin what? What's moving around?

> "I realize that everyone has taken an oath to serve the
>Federation, Tuvok, but not everyone on this ship is quite so honest and
>logical as you are."

TOM: Don't patronize me.

> she said, looking up at the greenblooded, pointy
>eared alien.
> "Understood, sir." he said.
> Time passes so slow when you have secrets to tell, Kathy Janeway

MIKE: And reading this fanfic, too.

>thought to herself, I need to get the Captains of the other ships

CROW: Oh. Look who's being honest NOW.

>together with that commander of DS9 to go over strategies. Sisko, that's
>it, Commander Sisko...his wife died at the Wolf 359 at the hands of the
>Borg.

TOM: What did they do, give her this fanfic?
MIKE: Do you guys think we're making too many "lame fanfic" jokes??
CROW: Hmmm...
ALL: Nah.....

> "I'll be in my quarters," She said, standing and heading for the
>'lift,"Alert me when the drill is about to begin. You have the conn, Mr.
>Chakotay." And she left.

TOM: Elvis has left the building!

> *** *** *** *** ***

CROW: They're multiplying.

> The large metallic crates had been beamed into the storage area,
>an area that had once been known to station dwellers as "The Pit". Two

TOM: They've been playing Mortal Kombat too long.

>hundred of the large objects were neatly stacked leaving a path, a

MIKE: While the other crates were scattered along this path.

>walkway, straight down the center of the room. The large doors that led
>to this room had been built to keep people in, hundreds of people.

TOM: THOUSANDS!!!
MIKE: MILLIONS!!!

> In one
>hundred and ninety-nine of the cases were slabs of Klingon goo, known
>Qua'Kla.

CROW: You'd think, the way everything else has been described so
articulately, she'd do the same for the goo.

> In the two hundredth box, was an explosive device. A device that
>have made it past the sensors and scans of the freighter that brought
>them here, of the station, and of the transporter that beamed them here.
>It was of a technology not even O'Brien could guess, but when Quark had

MIKE: You know, this COULD be a plot point bomb.

>openned the case, he guessed that the Klingons had planted it. Thus, it
>had to be Klingon.

CROW: You see what I mean?

> "What should we do with it, Commander?" O'Brien asked, looking
>down into the dark box at the little object, no larger than tricorder.

TOM: And no smaller than a bread box.

> "Can you disarm it?"
> "I don't know, sir."
> "Then don't bother,

TOM:[O'Brien] Well YOU were the one asking.

> just get it off my station...get it as far
>away from here as possible."

MIKE: NO! DON'T! If we're lucky. It may destroy this fanfic.

> Sisko said looking down into the crate, he
>angered at Quark for bringing the stuff on board, he was angry at himself
>for agreeing to let Quark bring on, and he was angry at StarFleet for not
>telling him everything.

CROW: I'M MAD AS HECK, AND I'M NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE!!!

> "I'll see what I can do, Sir." O'Brien said.
> Standing back, away from them was Quark, "Now wait a minute, I
>paid for two hundred cases, not a hundred and ninety-nine. I want that."

TOM:[Sisko] Ok. You take it.
MIKE:[Quark] Oh! Thanks... HEY!!
[Crow makes the sound of an explosion.]

> "Quark, If you say one more word, you're going where ever Chief
>O'Brien takes that thing...and you're staying with it. Get it?" Sisko
>exclaimed. He was not in a good mood.

CROW: No thanks to the punctuation.

> "Ah...ah...uh...Okay, commander." and with that Quark left

MIKE:[Sisko] Okay... THAT'S IT!
TOM:[Quark] But... but.. but..
MIKE:[Sisko] Get him outta here.

>running out of the door, and back to his bar, his prize possession.
> Sisko didn't have a clue what O'Brien was going to do with the
>thing, so he asked and was replied with, "I'll take a runabout through
>the wormhole, and leave it on the otherside.".

MIKE:[Sisko] ...for someone else to deal with it.

> O'Brien thought himself a
>genuis for the answer.

CROW:[sarcastic] Oooohhhh.. Is the great genius, Chief Miles O'Brien going
to grace us with his presence???

> "Just be careful, Chief."

[Tom hums theme to Hill Street Blues.]

> [END PART VII]
> [GOTO PART VIII]

CROW: Don't you think, YOU ARE OVER-DOING IT WITH THE PADDING????????
MIKE: Easy, Crow.

[Commercials.]

[continued in part VIII.]

Claye Hodge