MiSTed: "The Sorceress of Cyba-3" (3/6)

Jen White6

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
MiSTed: The Sorceress of Cyba-3
Part 3 of 6

By JenW...@aol.com and MsSc...@hotmail.com
Original story by Don R. Christensen

> CHAPTER 5

[Brak draws in a breath, then catches a harsh glare from Black Widow and
Metallus and shuts up.]

> A WARM WELCOME

Moltar: My specialty! [cracks his knuckles]

> The Cyba-3 flight control tower readily gave Space Ghost landing
> clearance, and within minutes the Phantom Cruiser was berthed in a
> spacious airdock.

Zorak: Makes Satanari look stupid for making them drop her off in the
middle of nowhere, doesn't it?

> "Welcome," said a handsome man wearing the shimmering uniform of an
> official. "And you are the great and famous Space Ghost!"

Brak: [Space Ghost] Pay no attention to the man behind my cape!

> The words were the same, meaningless sounds that had flowed from
> Queen Satanari's lips, but, as before, their message was as clear as if
> the words had been perfectly understood.

Zorak: Well, isn't that convenient.
Brak: Gee, I thought everyone in space spoke English.
Moltar: They might as well.

> "After your original query about us, we thought you were destined to
> be disappointed when your ship failed to appear." the official continued.

Metallus: He thought fate jammed the Phantom Cruiser's inviso field?

> "Just a slight delay," Space Ghost explained. Like Jan and Jace,
> and even Blip, he was glancing casually at the surroundings. He was
> impressed.
> The sky terminal rested high above a city that had obviously seen
> devastation in recent times. Charred, gaunt skeletons of fire-gutted
> buildings laced the near horizon.

Moltar: [Space Ghost] Desolation! I *love* it!

> But new construction was edging upward
> around them.

Brak: [Space Ghost] Watch out, guys, don't let those buildings
surround us!

> "The fire?" Space Ghost said with polite concern. "You had a bad
> one, apparently."

Moltar: [Cyban official] No, it was a pretty good one! Took out the
whole city!

> The Cyban official nodded. "A very bad one."

Moltar: There's no such thing as a bad fire.

> His deep-set gray
> eyes drifted back in memory.

Brak: His eyes drifted *where*? This is creepin' me out.

> "We could well have used the help of the
> famous Space Ghost then."

Widow: [Cyban Official] So where WERE you, oh protector of the cosmos?

> Jan and Jace studied the tall man--his erect carriage, his fine
> features, but most of all, the simple directness of his manner in
> answering Space Ghost's question.

Brak: Those years at finishing school sure paid off.

> Jace whispered to Jan, "There may be some of those Imitators around
> here, but that fellow sure isn't pretending."

Zorak: Why're you telling Jan? Like *she's* the resident judge of
character?

> They followed Space Ghost and the official along an elevated
> walkway. All along the way friendly smiles greeted them in passing.
> Genuine smiles.

Widow: No Cybans, just disembodied smiles.
Brak: I just know I'm gonna have nightmares.

> The people were pale-skinned, perhaps because the continuing pattern
> of eclipses interrupted their sunlight so frequently. They stared
> wonderingly at Blip.

Brak: Um, what's Blip got to do with them not havin' suntans?

> Surprisingly, the monkey was not the least bit perturbed by an
> occasional hand reaching toward him.

Zorak: He just bit a few fingers to make 'em back off.

> He scurried up the side of a slender
> arch and dangled from the top by his tail.

Zorak: Don't stand under the monkey if you know what's good for ya.

> Obviously enjoying the
> exclamations of watchers, he responded, "Blip! Blip! Blip!"

Brak: Oh boy! I played that game! The one where you bounce a dot
'round with a little line at the bottom of the screen!

> When Blip dropped beside Jace and Jan, a small boy in a patched
> blouse and tattered leggings ran to a spot just a few feet from them and
> extended one hand with a ball in it. He offered it to Jan, first.

Widow: Don't take the ball, Jan. You don't know where it's been.
Moltar: Too little, too late.

> Her lips tightened and she drew back, as if the extended hand were a
> pointing accusation.

Moltar: [Cyban boy] Look, just take the stupid ball, okay?!

> "Thanks, chum," said Jace, and he took the friendly offering. He
> tossed the ball for Blip to catch, and the little boy squealed with
> delight. The crowd laughed.

Zorak: [Blip] The things I do for a crummy peanut.

> To Jan, the laughter sounded like the breaking of delicate glass.

Metallus: Someone had been tampering with her hearing aid again.

> She had hoped to find that the people of Cyba-3 were hard, unfriendly
> beings who might well deserve Queen Satanari.

Zorak: Yyyep. See, two wrongs DO make a right.

> The group was shown to simple but adequate quarters by the official,
> who had appointed himself their host.

Brak: [Joel Grey] Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome!

> He announced, "I am Onar Honn, a member of the Central Council.
> Visitors from other galaxies are so rare, I am honored to serve you."

Zorak: Anyone ever see an old "Twilight Zone" episode called "To Serve
Man"?

> At Space Ghost's request, Onar Honn arranged a meeting with other
> members of the Central Council. There, in response to the great
> spaceman's interest, a history record of the recent fire tragedy was
> shown within a huge, three-dimensional, transparent cube which was
> lowered from the ceiling of the council chamber, where it had been simply
> a light source moments before.

Metallus: Thanks. I *needed* to know all about that cube.

> In the cube a terrible page from their history appeared, miniatured
> but real as life.

Moltar: Verbing weirds language.

> Through some incredible video magic,

Widow: Oh they're practitioners of "scientific sorcery" too?
Moltar: Someone said that any technology advanced enough is
indistinguishable from magic.
Brak: That'd be ol' Artie Clarke.

> the cube conveyed more than
> just a re-creation of the scene for the eyes and ears. Flame and smoke
> seemed to fill the room with the acrid fumes of burning vegetation and
> materials.

Widow: This is why they have *no smoking* sections.
Moltar: Sissies.

> "No! Oh, no!" Jan sobbed into her clenched hands. But she could
> not tear her eyes away.

Zorak: [Jan] The epoxy tube looked just like my Visine!

> "We are now monitoring what preceded all this," said Onar Honn.

Moltar: [Onar Honn] We have a camera that can see into the past.
Brak: Can I borrow it? I wanna clear up a little matter of just *who*
put the tack on my third grade teacher's chair.

> Within the cube, the inferno faded and the scene became one of the
> city untouched by terror--yet.

Brak: [Dramatically] Nuh-nuh-nuh-NUUUUH!

> "I should explain why we seem to have had such inadequate defensive
> measures," Onar Honn continued.

Zorak: No need to explain. It'll just make things easier when we
invade.

> "Our remote location in the galaxy and
> our meager resources have always discouraged despotic invaders.

Widow: What about monarchistic invaders, or oligarchic invaders?

> This
> freedom from invaders helped us evolve a creed that we cannot forsake.
> It is simply a part of us."

Widow: In other words, they're as dumb and tame as dodo birds.
Zorak: And about to be as extinct.

> "I think I can guess the basic precept of it," said Space Ghost
> quietly.

Brak: Infinite diversity in infinite combinations?
Zorak: That's in the "To Serve Man" cookbook too.

> Jan, too, was sure that she knew what the man would say.

Zorak: [Onar Honn] Our planet wouldn't have been destroyed if it
weren't for that meddling kid!

> "We abhor the destruction of any form of life or matter," he went
> on. "Advancing sciences will never be as important, we believe, as this
> unalterable principle.

Moltar: Welcome to the Planet of The Wusses.
Brak: [Charleton Heston] A planet where wusses evolved from men?!

> "But many seasons ago"--Onar Honn paused, biting his thin lips as he
> remembered--"drifting space wreckage brought a woman of some far planet
> to our lands. We realize now that she had been cast out--for great
> crimes."

Zorak: The police report said something about eatin' forbidden apples.
Widow: It's the woman's fault, ALWAYS the woman's fault, isn't it?
Zorak: Lighten up, *babe*. [snickers evilly as Black Widow glowers at
him]

> He touched the control device and the viewing cube sprang to life.

Brak: Boing!

> This time its sky was filled with birdlike devices, screaming out of the
> far mountains toward the city.

Widow: She's joined forces with Owlie?

> "This is how she repaid us for restoring her to life and health," he
> said. "She was beautiful but without goodness.

Widow: [sarcastically] And everyone knows that beautiful people are
*always* good.
Zorak: [looking at Widow] I'll buy that.

> She used our sciences to
> build a retreat in the mountains. From there, she struck us with her
> devices."

Brak: [Onar Honn] She beat us up with her vacuum cleaner hose.

> Like bats the things swooped.
> Space Ghost gasped. In all his years of experience in the varied
> realms of space, he had never seen anything like what was happening in
> this historical review.

Moltar: [Space Ghost] I can see the boom mike! Who made this thing, Ed
Wood?!

> The screaming robot bats were crisscrossing the city, trailing
> strands of solidifying exhaust. Eventually they crashed in suicide fires
> that set their snaring web afire.

Moltar: Tora! Tora! Tora!

> The city was dying in a web of fire that was beyond the capability
> of all its fire-fighting efforts.

Metallus: Bah. Think of this as evolution in action.

> Onar Honn continued, "Then she made her demand."

Moltar: [referring to his checklist] Rampage of destruction, check.
Demands after rampage of destruction, check.

> By radio it had come: a demand that, as payment for her mercy, every
> second man of the Central Council must be delivered to a great arena
> where the populace would watch them fight to destroy each other. Only
> one survivor would be allowed.

Zorak: Ooooh, Wussland Gladiators! Watch 'em pinch and slap-fight each
other to death!

> "With our whole planet at her mercy, we had no choice," said the
> official quietly. "But we insisted that none of us could be party to the
> choosing of the doomed men. It was she who must choose them."

Metallus: Let me choose 'em. [Clenches his fists and somehow gives the
impression that he's grinning from ear to... uh... ear. Whatever.] I'll
make 'em feel *right* at home...
Zorak: Down, boy.

> For Jan, it was like a nightmare that she had experienced before.

Brak: Is that "deja dreamed"?

> She hardly heard Onar Honn as he continued.

Metallus: Her hearing aid was still broken.

> "We gave our word that no hand would be raised against her when she
> came to our council chambers.

Zorak: Maybe a finger, but not a hand.

> And because she was sure that our
> principles were beyond doubt, she trusted us - and came."

Widow: That's it! Show them who's the boss!

> Another man cut in. "But honor was not as important as the millions
> of lives in our trust. When she came, we seized her and ended her reign
> of terror."
> With a choking cry, Jan sprang to her feet and ran from the hall.
> Queen Satanari's words were ringing in her ears.

Brak: 'Cause she STILL hadn't fixed her hearing aid.

> "*Cyba-three will feel my wrath and power again!*"

Moltar: That's right, Satanari. Play to the cameras.

> Blip followed her. So did Jace, his eyes wide with concern.
> Jace found Jan in a sheltered hallway alcove. She was sobbing.
> "I've got to tell, Jace, even if the poison of that evil mark does
> kill me.

Zorak: Tell him! TELL HIM!

> These people are not enemies. They're good. But I kept Queen
> Satanari's secret!"

Brak: [Jan] Now she smells funny and it's my fault!

> Jace was staring at her. Jan's eyes were fixed on the wicked
> queen's mark. Then she closed her fingers tightly.
> "Queen Satanari," she sobbed, "is the wicked sorceress who burned
> their city--and she'll do even worse to them now. She *told* me!"

Moltar: Hold on a moment. I'm not clear on something. Is Satanari
wicked?

> The sting in her palm was hot and sharp. Jan could feel a numbness
> starting in her hand. It was Queen Satanari's threat. The poison was
> taking effect.

Zorak: Don't poison her! It'll spoil the taste of the meat!

> Then Space Ghost hurried up to them.
> Blip shook his head in confusion as Space Ghost held the sobbing
> girl's shoulders tightly.

Brak: [Blip] Don't look at me, Space Ghost. I tried to warn her, but
she wouldn't listen.

> "Jan! Jan!" he said. "She forced you to keep her secret with the
> power of fear alone. That's all that mark is--a hypnotic device."

Moltar: [Space Ghost] Don't ask me how I know! I just do!

> "You--you heard what I said, Space Ghost?"
> "Yes. I followed Jace."
> "I should have told you, Space Ghost. It's my fault that she's here
> again. Those poor people--"

Widow: [Jan, derisively] Boo hoo. It's all my fault. Boo hoo.

> "Blip!" said the small monkey.

Moltar: You'd think they'd get around to teaching the monkey something
more useful to say.

> A quick glance toward the Council chamber doors brought a look of
> relief to Space Ghost's face. Fortunately, no other ears had heard Jan's
> despairing plaint.

Widow: You mean *whining*.
Brak: AAAAAAAA! Ears! More disembodied body parts! This place is
like- like some place that's creepy!

> "No point in spreading panic," he said softly. "Maybe we can
> somehow erase the trouble we've brought them--before they even find out
> that it's here."

Metallus: Their city is destroyed and their planet in flames. I think
they know already.

> Hope lighted Jan's tear-stained face.

Brak: [singing] Turn on your face light-

> Jace said eagerly, "You mean find Queen Satanari before she gets
> back into action?"
> "In that mountain?" cried Jan.

Moltar: It looks like finding her won't be *that* much trouble.

> "Space Ghost, are you and your young friends leaving us so soon?"
> Onar Honn called as they headed out the wide doorway of the government
> building.

Widow: [Onar Honn] Or are you going to bring MORE destruction down on
us?

> "Oh, no," Space Ghost replied. "We'd just like to look around a bit
> without troubling anyone."

Zorak: This clown couldn't help a little old lady across the road
without causing a catastrophe.

> "In our cruiser," Jace added over his shoulder as he ran toward the
> sky terminal.
> For minutes after their takeoff, the tall Cyban stood looking after
> them. He was puzzled by the course they were taking.

Metallus: [Onar Honn] Most people use the hangar DOOR.

[The pyramid goes blank.]
Zorak: What a bunch of wusses.
Brak: I, uh, have to go to the bathroom.
Moltar: Just go.
[Brak gets up and leaves.]
Zorak: I can't believe that planet. "Don't hurt anything living"?
What, are they all vegetarians? Urrgh.
Moltar: If they won't hurt *anything* alive, then they aren't going to
have much luck farming. No pesticides.
Widow: They wouldn't have *anything* to eat. Plants are alive too.
Moltar: Wouldn't bother me any. I don't need that kind of food.
Metallus: Needing food is a weakness of carbons.
Zorak: Can it, Metallus, before I come at'cha with a pair of tin snips.
Moltar: [grumbling] Holy Saberhagen, here we go again.
Metallus: Organics are weak. You're too easily damaged. Go for a few
days without food or air and you die-
[Brak returns and quietly takes his seat as Metallus speaks]
Metallus: You can't stand the least bit of radiation. And you can't be
repaired.
Zorak: Yeah? Well, just trying getting going for a swim, buckethead!
If the short circuits don't get ya, the rust will!
Metallus: [rises from his chair, glaring at Zorak] You'll find out how
weak you are when I break you in half and-
Moltar: ENOUGH already! This has nothing to do with-
Zorak: Yeah, Mr. Tin Soldier. It has nothing to do with Satanari. So
shaddap.
Metallus: [subsides, grumbling, into his chair] Get on with it then!
[Moltar shakes his head in disgust and reactivates the pyramid.]

> CHAPTER 6

[All look at Brak, who says nothing and glances around self-consciously.]

> SATANARI'S STRONGHOLD

Brak: Where she sells seashells by the seashore shoeshine stand.

> As the Phantom Cruiser swept low over the planet, ground surfaces
> changed from the smooth grades of cultivated areas surrounding the cities
> to savage, rough-hewn slopes rising

Moltar: They're flying through a time lapse film about strip mining?

> toward the mountain range where the
> guns had fired at them earlier.
> "We'll try to intercept her," said Space Ghost, his eyes steeled in
> their familiar telescopic stare.

Zorak: In other words, he was just staring off into space as usual.

> They were nearing the valley where
> Queen Satanari had been landed. "If what she told you is true, Jan,
> she'll undoubtedly be somewhere between here and that gun-filled peak."

Widow: If what she said is true?! After all the lies she fed them, are
they stupid enough to take her word for ANYTHING?!

> But Space Ghost was wrong.

Zorak: Surprise, surprise.

> Queen Satanari was not working her way
> toward her base within the mountain. She was already there--forming a
> diabolical plan.

Moltar: [picking up his clipboard] Right on schedule.

> It was easy for her to pick up right where her plans had been
> interrupted by her capture and exile. Everything was just as she had
> left it.

Widow: [Satanari] Thank goodness the maid didn't come in and put
everything away! I can never find anything after she does that!

> "The fool Cybans!" she cried with a high, shrill laugh. Life and
> property were so precious to them that they could not bring themselves to
> destroy even the possessions of their enemy.

All: WUSSES!
Zorak: She's doin' them a *favor*, conquering 'em!

> Even the small, ugly mountain creatures were still there, lurking in
> the shadows of the great tunnel that was their home.

Zorak: Yep, those Cyban bleeding hearts wouldn't even call in an
exterminator for their gnome infestation.

> Their grotesque little bodies moved past her in an unending line
> toward the mines, the smelter plants, and the fabricating plants.

Brak: [singing] Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go.

> In the assembly-room cave, they were still working on The Spidrex,

Brak: Spidrex? Isn't that the galaxy they're in?
Zorak: No. That's the Flarex galaxy.
Widow: If this is going where I think it's going, I'm going to sue for
copyright infringement.
Moltar: Shtick infringement.
Widow: Whatever.

> despite her absence. They were meticulously following the model she had
> designed, which clearly showed every detail.

Metallus: But she made the model out of papier-mache, so she ended up with
a giant pinata.

> Recalling her story of The
> Imitators, so readily accepted by Space Ghost and the children, she was
> moved to laughter. "I *do* have imitators!" she cackled.

Brak: Buck-buck-buck-BUCKAWK!

> It was true. The gross, dull little mountain creatures were
> incapable of an original thought, but their beady, perceptive eyes and
> hard, strong fingers could reproduce anything that caught their fancy.

Moltar: And the best part is, they aren't unionized.

> She had used their ability to create the robot bats. They almost
> succeeding in burning Cyba-3 to its very roots before her capture.

Brak: Do planets got roots? What're they stuck in?
Moltar: Baobabs.

> Their
> latest project, the great mechanical spider, was now finished. It, too,
> would weave a web of fire.

Metallus: [growling] Robot bats. Giant spiders. What's wrong with
machines looking like MACHINES?

> Eyes glowing with satisfaction, she rode the lift up to the cabin
> that formed the body of the spider and housed its operating controls.

Widow: That's it! Where's my lawyer's phone number?

> The mountain creatures had put every detail into the master
> controls, exactly as installed in her miniature model.

Metallus: Did she have *nanites* make the model for her?

> "Nucleotomic power to move the legs," she noted. "Ejection controls
> for the web strands. And the firing points seem right."

Metallus: [Satanari] Throw open the switches on the sonic oscillator, and
step the reactor power input three more points!

> A planet afire! Queen Satanari pictured it the way that another
> woman would see a lovely flower.

Moltar: If Georgia O'Keeffe was a pyromaniac...

> At that moment the caves of Satanari were suddenly set ablaze with
> the rebound of light from the silent guns, which were now pouring out
> their fire toward a sky target that had crossed their triggering sensor
> beams.

Widow: Last time we saw those guns, they were shooting *lightning,* not
light or fire.

> The sorceress swept to a sighting scope.

Brak: [Satanari, singing] I'm so glad we had this time together...

> "Space Ghost's Phantom Cruiser!" she snarled. Her thin brows
> arched, then tightened low. "The girl found enough courage to tell him
> the truth!"

Zorak: She found the "liquid courage" Satanari hid in the glove
compartment.

> She allowed herself a sneering smile. "They come to die," she
> vowed.

Moltar: Threatening the heroes, who aren't even there, check. [makes a
mark on the clipboard]

> The Phantom Cruiser was rocked again and again by the slashing, sky-
> shattering spears of force. Space Ghost rammed the ship into its inviso
> range, and it immediately became invisible.

[Metallus shakes his head in exasperation]
Moltar: Don't even bother.

> Losing sight of their target,
> the guns became silent.

Metallus: They've been silent guns all along! Are they now sound
ABSORBING guns?!

> "Let us presume," said Space Ghost with a wry smile, "that she was
> watching their performance--our sorceress friend, I mean."

Moltar: [sarcastically] Oh, I thought he was talking about Jan at
first.

> "We could knock out those guns, but not a whole mountain," Jace
> exclaimed.

Widow: [faking amazement] What, they have *limitations*?!

> "So, now what?"

Zorak: [Space Ghost] Now Jace, Blip, and I bail out while Jan rams the
ship into the mountain. Sure, it'll kill Jan, but then she's the one who
brought that witch here in the first place. Fair's fair.

> "We could land," suggested Jan, peering out a window, "and scout the
> setup so we'll have some idea what we're going to be up against--if we do
> move in on her."

Brak: Somehow I don't think Satanari'd be a fun roommate.

> "Blip! Blip!" chattered their monkey. Seeming to sense that their
> planning related to another encounter with Queen Satanari, he was busily
> making himself a hiding place beneath some seat cushions in the cruiser's
> lounge area.

Brak: [Blip] Hey, lookit all the quarters down here!

> "You've got the right idea, Blip." Space Ghost smiled tightly. "You
> stay and guard the ship."

Zorak: [Blip] Oh, yeah, sure, that's what I was gonna do. Really.

[As the pyramid goes blank, a buzzing sounds. Brak looks up, then quickly
hops off his chair.]
Brak: I'll get it.
[The others, puzzled, watch Brak scurry away.]
Zorak: The story's over half over. It's about time she did SOMETHING.
Moltar: Well, she did enslave Jan, and she torched Cyba-3. But Jan's
small potatoes, and the rest was in the past.
Widow: Isn't she supposed to be a *sorceress*? I haven't seen any
magic yet.
Metallus: Right. She has a giant mechanical *bug* instead.
Zorak: That bug is about to trash the whole planet! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
This is where it gets *good*!
[Brak enters with several square boxes, a foot and a half on each side and
two inches tall. The others are surprised. Brak casually sets the boxes on
the table.]
Zorak: What are *those*?
Brak: Pizzas.
Zorak: I know that. *Where* did you get them?
Brak: In the mail. [Brak takes out a slice that has every possible
topping you can think of, and a few you probably wouldn't, and begins eating
it.]
Zorak: What the heck, since it's here. [Zorak takes a slice and tears
into it.]
Brak: I didn't have 'em deliver it, y'see, 'cause you didn't want me
to tell 'em where we are. So I had 'em mail it to us by United Parsec
Service.
Moltar: [muttering] Give me strength.
Brak: I got one with gravel topping on half of it for ya, just the way
you like. [pushes a box in Moltar's direction]
[Moltar opens the box]
Moltar: Mmm, crispy crust...
Brak: Sorry, Metallus, I didn't know what kinda pizza you liked.
Metallus: Bah. I don't eat pizza.
Zorak: [swallowing] You don't eat ANYTHING. You're missing out on the
best things in life, Gort!
Brak: Do they have pizza on Cyba-3?
Zorak: Wusses don't get pizza. Man, too bad Satanari didn't make them
fight to the death!
Moltar: Ahhh, Cybans couldn't fight to the death if their lives depended
on it.
Widow: Men fighting to the death in the hot sun... I like it.
[Metallus looks at her strangely, then decides to say nothing.]
Moltar: I can just see it. [announcer voice] Today on Cyban Gladiators
we have the grand champion Wimpazoid versus that up and coming contender
Sissyman!
Zorak: [falsetto] Anyone tries to beat me, I'll, ooh, GET 'em!
Brak: [falsetto] Oh yeah?
Zorak: [falsetto] Yeah!
Brak: [falsetto] Uh-uh!
Zorak: [falsetto] I sure will!
[Brak and Zorak get up and start slap-fighting, spending more time flinching
and protecting themselves than actually trying to hit each other]
Brak: [falsetto] Don't hit my face! I'm wearing contacts!
Zorak: [falsetto] I'm not wearing contacts at all! I can't see a
thing!
Brak: [falsetto] Oh yeah? [reaches forward and tweaks Zorak's beak]
Zorak: [falsetto] Oh, playing rough, huh?! [reaches one long arm
around Brak and yanks up *hard.*
Brak: [falsetto] OW! Owowowowowow! No fair giving wedgies!
Zorak: [falsetto] Everything's fair when you're a Warrior of the
Wussland!
Brak: [falsetto, faking tears] You win... *this* time. But I'm
telling my Mom.
[The rest laugh. Brak and Zorak bow theatrically, then sit back down and
reclaim their pizza. Brak shifts uncomfortably in his seat.]
Moltar: [through a mouthful of pizza, still chuckling] Wish this story
was as interesting. Here's the next part.
[The scene appears on the pyramid again. All but Metallus eat pizza as they
watch.]

*****

[CONTINUED NEXT SEGMENT]

so sez Jen "Call me MiSTer!" White.