MiSTied: "Nightmares" <an MMPR fanfic>, part 1/2

TCurryFan

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

<7th Season Theme>

<SOL>
<CROW is alone behind the desk. He's wearing a joy-buzzer
and laughing hysterically>
CROW: Hehehe... Oh, man I can't wait!
<MIKE and CROW walks in talking>
TOM: ...No, see, the briefcase was symbolic of-
CROW: HI, MIKE! Put'er there! <CROW sticks out the hand with
the joy-buzzer. MIKE can obviously see it>
MIKE: Hehee... No, I don't think so, Crow...
CROW: Oh, come on...
MIKE: No.
<Crow moves over to TOM>
CROW: Hey, Tom- put'er there!
TOM: I can't, Crow- my arms don't work.
MAGIC VOICE: Commercial sign in 15 seconds.
MIKE: Look, Crow, we're not gonna fall for the old buzzer
trick... Just give it up.
CROW: Buzzer? <CROW looks at his hand> What buzzer?
<MIKE and TOM look at each other. MIKE sighs and TOM shakes
his head>
MV: Commercial sign in Five... Four...
TOM: Hey, Crow- why don't you go try it on Gypsy?
CROW: Hey, yeah! GYPSY!
<CROW turns to go find Gypsy. MIKE hits commercial sign
light>

<COMMERCIALS>

<SOL>
<MIKE and TOM are talking>
TOM: No, see, when the woman said she was "in insurance"-
<CROW comes in. He's no longer wearing the joybuzzer>
MIKE: Hey, Crow!
TOM: <trying not to laugh> So, Crow <giggle>; did you try the
joybuzzer out on Gypsy?
CROW: <angrily> She doesn't even has arms, Tom!!
TOM: <sarcastically> Oh, yeah, huh?
CROW: Why you-
<CROW lunges at TOM. A fight ensues, made all the weirder
by the fact that neither 'BOTS arms really work>
<MADS' light flashes>
MIKE: Whoah! Down, boys! Adam Curry and Martha Quinn are
calling.
<MIKE hit's MADS' light>

<DEEP 13>
<Dr. Forrester is on the phone>
DR. F: No, I don't want a subscription to the New York Times; I
don't even live in New York! I don't care WHAT special
you're having this month- how did you get this number,
anyway? Look, wisenheimer, call me again, and I'll release
a deadly virus into your air duct system! <DR. F notices
MIKE and the 'BOTS> I gotta go, bye- don't call me again!
<DR. F hangs up and turns to MIKE, ET AL> Ah, Mike... We
meet again at last...

<SOL>
MIKE: Ummm... But, you called me just yesterday, Dr. F. We
talk to you all the time!
TOM: Yeah, whether we want to or not!

<DEEP 13>
DR. F: Oh, shut up, Nel-sissy! I'm in a _bad_ mood, and when
I'm in a bad mood, I like to share!

<SOL>
MIKE: Oh, I don't think that's really necessary, Dr....

<DEEP 13>
DR. F: Well, I _do_! So I'm sending you...

<SOL>
<MIKE and the 'BOTS are leaning forward, full of suspense>

<DEEP 13>
DR. F: A _Mighty_Morphin'_Power_Rangers_ fanfic!

<SOL>
CROW: AAAAHHH! <falls back in a faint>
MIKE: Oh, please, Dr. F, don't do this!
TOM: <sobbing> We'll be good! Honest!

<DEEP 13>
DR. F: Oh, shut up and get in the theater, ya big babies!
<Dr. F pushes the button>

<SOL>
<Movie sign lights, alarms, etc.>
MIKE: AH! Movie sign! Crow get up, we've got to get into the
theater!

*door* {6} /5/ <4> |3| [2] @

>Nightmares

MIKE: "What are stroies <sic> written by Stephen Ratliff?"
CROW: "What are movies by Coleman Francis?"
TOM: "What are MMPR fanfics?"

>by Kittie
>..........Rocky sat up with a gasp, swallowing a scream. He was
>covered in sweat, and his heart was pounding.

MIKE: Sounds like Rocky had another one of "those" dreams.

> "This is
>the fifth nightmare in so many nights," he hissed frustratedly,
>jumping out of bed.

CROW: <as Rocky> If I'm not careful, I'm gonna start talkin' to
myself.
TOM: You just reffed _Star_Trek_V_! AAAHHH!!!

> He hit the floor with a thud; having
>forgotten how tangled up in the covers he was.

MIKE: Yeah, well, he never has been very bright.

> After he managed
>to get loose, and once he was sure no one else in the house was
>awake, he grabbed his communicator of the nighttable and
>teleported to the Power Chamber.

CROW: Ummm... Please tell me wearing _at_least_ a pair of boxer
shorts...

>.........."Zordon?" He called as soon as he materialized.
>"Zordon, are you awake?"
>..........The stasis tube lit up slowly, and Zordon's yawning
>face appeared. I AM NOW.

MIKE: <as Zordon, muttering> Rassa-frassin kids wakin' me up all
hours of the night...

> WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE TROUBLE, ROCKY?

TOM: Apollo Creed keeps beating me!

>.........."I've been having horrible nightmares, Zordon, and I'm
>wondering if it has anything to do with Rita and Zedd being
>back."
>..........WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

CROW: <as Rocky> You know; the weird, poorly-dubbed lady and the
guy with no skin? Well, they're back, see...

>.........."They're all about me and the guys... but I always get
>killed or something.

MIKE: Hey! I think I'm gonna LIKE this story!
CROW: Woo-hoo!
TOM: All right!

> The first one, there was this grey ranger who
>came out of nowhere, and I got hurt really bad in battle,

MIKE: <as Rocky, in whiny-little-kid voice> And there was this
big thing, and it was really scary, and it's all hot and it
hurts!

> and
>just before I died, I gave my Zeo Crystal to Billy.

MIKE: And this is... a bad thing?

> And then
>there was this other one, where there was a silver ranger, of
>all things, and he accidentally killed me with a whip-type
>thingy."

MIKE: "Accidentally"?
CROW: Well, you know- Freudian slip.

>..........HOW MANY OF THESE NIGHTMARES HAVE YOU HAD?
>.........."Five," he answered glumly. "The past five nights.
>And if I'm not dying in them, I'm at least being mortally wonded

MIKE: "Mortally wonded"?
TOM: OUCH! Sounds painful!

>or going insane or

CROW: How can you tell the difference?

> something like that."
>..........HMMM... THIS IS MOST PERPLEXING. ALPHA! ALPHA,
>WAKE UP.

ALL: Oh, God, no; please don't; NO!, etc...

>..........Alpha plodded out of his sleep chamber with a
>mechanical yawn.

MIKE: Robots don't sleep!!
TOM: <clearing throat>
MIKE: Oh... Sorry...

>"What is it, Zordon? Are we under attack?"
>..........NO, ALPHA. I WOULD LIKE YOU TO SCAN ROCKY

MIKE: <Beavis laugh>

> FOR THE
>PRESENCE OF A SPELL.
>.........."A spell? Why? Are you feeling all right, Rocky?"

TOM: <as Rocky> Oh, yeah, I love not sleeping, and getting woken
up in the middle of the night and dreaming about my
horrible, ghastly death...

>.........."No. I haven't slept in five nights."
>.........."Oh, poor Rocky!" Alpha ran a scanner up and down his
>body.

MIKE: <as Rocky> Woo-hoo... <laughing>...
CROW: <same> Oh, watch it! I'm kinda sensitive *there*!

> "I do not detect any spells, Zordon."
>..........WELL, ROCKY, IT APPEARES THAT THESE DISTURBING DREAMS
>ARE JUST IN YOUR HEAD. TRY TO IGNORE THEM, AND PERHAPS THEY
>WILL GO AWAY.

MIKE: Oh, _there's_ good advice!

>.........."I hope so, Zordon. After all, finals are coming up,
>and I need my sleep.

CROW: <as Rocky> I'll fail anyway, but I'll feel better.

> Thanks anyway."
>
>..........Ms. Appleby glared at Rock as he stumbled into class
>ten minutes late. "That's the third time this week, Mr.
>DeSantos. If you're not careful, your grades will be affected!"

MIKE: <as Mrs. Appleby> You might actually pass!

>.........."Sorry, Ms. Appleby," he replied, slouching over to
>his desk.
>.........."What's with you," Adam whispered as Rocky collapsed
>into his chair.
>.........."No sleep."

CROW: SLEEEEP!!

>.........."Again?"
>.........."Mr. Park! No talking in class!"
>.........."Sorry, Ms. Appleby." Adam busied himself writing a
>note instead. _Another nightmare?_

CROW: <as Rocky> No, thanks, I've had plenty...

>..........Rocky glanced at the note, then nodded slightly.
>.........._You died again?_
>..........Another nod.

MIKE: Adam proceeded to dance for joy.

>.........._What's up with that?_
>..........Rocky shrugged, then wrote a note of his own. _I
>talked to Z._

TOM: The Famous Teddy Z?

>.........._What'd he say?_
>.........."Gentlemen, are you passing notes?!?"

TOM: Hey, it's better than passing gas.
MIKE: Or stones.
TOM: Ewww...

>The class snickered as both Adam and Rocky flushed a bright
>pink. "I'll take that as a yes. Why don't you do your talking
>in the principal's office, both of you!"
>.........."Yes Ma'am," they sighed in unison.
>.........."Thanks a lot, Adam," glared Rocky as soon as the door
>shut behind them. "I really needed that."

TOM: <as Adam> Heh! Fine, see if I help _you_ again!

>.........."If you didn't want to communicate, you should have
>ignored me," retorted Adam. "Besides, I'm worried about you."
>.........."You should be. I'm gonna fail for sure."

MIKE: Well, duh... What does that have to do with anything in
this story?

>.........."Why don't you just tell Ms. Appleby the problem?
>Maybe she'll give you a break."

CROW: Preferably the left femur.

>.........."Yeah, right."
>.........."It could happen. She likes you."

MIKE: Ummm... Isn't that illegal??
TOM: Well, if the PR fans are trying to hook Justin up with-
MIKE: Don't...
TOM: Sorry.

>.........."Not anymore."
>..........Adam thought about this, and had to concur. "Well,
>maybe she will again once she finds out what's going on with
>you. It's worth a try."
>.........."I guess."
>..........They reached the benches outside Principal Kaplan's
>office and took their seats. Rocky yawned and rested his head
>against the wall, falling almost immediately into a deep sleep.

TOM: Kind of like the audience reading this story.

>..........**They were all playing baseball, he and the gang.

ALL: <singing and swaying> Take me out to the ball game... Take
me out to the field...

>Aisha hit the ball into the woods, and Rocky, ever willing,

CROW: Especially when it came to Aisha!

>trotted out to retreive it.

MIKE: He's a horse now?

> He watched the scene unfold
>reluctantly, knowing something terrible waited in those woods,
>but not sure what. He got his answer soon enough--**

TOM: Which was...?

>.........."Aaaiiigh!" Rocky sat straight up, screaming,
>clutching his hand in deep pain.
>..........Beside him, Adam jumped and fell off the bench.

CROW: <as Adam> Football practice!

>"What?!?"
>..........Rocky couldn't breathe. "Wolf! Wolf... got me!
>Big... wolf!

TOM: Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?
MIKE: Oh, who didn't see THAT coming?

> Yellow--!"

TOM: I thought he was the Blue Ranger?

>.........."What are you talking about?" Adam looked around
>nervously as people began to stare.
>.........."Yellow eyes! Glowing.... Big--!"

CROW: Big! Bad! Big, bad thing! Big...!

>..........Adam slapped him.

ALL: <cheer, clap, etc.>

> "Get ahold of yourself!"

CROW: Oh, I think he's been doing a little _too_ much of that
lately...

>..........Rocky grabbed at his cheek, the nonexistent pain in
>his hand forgotten. "What? Where am I?"
>.........."You're at school," whispered Adam, truly disturbed by
>Rocky's pale and sweaty face. "You had another nightmare."
>.........."Oh man...."

MIKE: I dreamed I was trapped in a bad fanfic and couldn't get
out!

> Rocky dropped his head into his hands

TOM: Grossing Adam out to no end!
MIKE: Ewww...

>and tried to slow his pounding heart. "What is wrong with me?"

CROW: Adolescence is like a storm raging inside you...

>..........Ms. Appleby stalked up to them, ready for a lecture,
>but stopped as she saw the state Rocky was in.

TOM: Arizona?
MIKE: Iowa?
CROW: Minnesota?

> Suddenly concerned,
>she knelt before him.

TOM: <solemnly> Our Father, who art in Heaven...

> "What's the matter?"
>..........Rocky just moaned, so Adam took it upon himself to
>answer. "He hasn't been sleeping well, Ms. Appleby. Really bad
>nightmares. He just had another one."

MIKE: Thank you, sir; I'll have another...

>.........."Rocky?

CROW: <as Rocky from _Rocky and Bullwinkle_> Again!?

> Are you feeling all right?"
>..........He looked up vaguely, his face still pale. "Not
>really."
>.........."Why don't you go to the nurse," she helped him to his
>feet, "And we'll forgot this morning's incident ever happened,
>all right?"

TOM: Considering Rocky's intelligence, he probably already
has...

>.........."Okay," he nodded drunkenly, and allowed himself to be
>dragged away.

MIKE: By men in white coats.

>..........Adam waited until they were out of sight before
>ducking behind a plant

MIKE: And whispering "Dogs barking, can't fly without umbrella" to
John Wood.

> and activating his communicator.
>"Zordon? Rocky's getting worse. I'm kinda worried."
>..........I HAVE BEEN MONITORING HIM,

MIKE: <as Zordon> At least until he gets that restraining order
out on me.

> AND I UNDERSTAND YOUR
>CONCERN. HOWEVER, I CAN DO NOTHING UNTIL HE HAS LEFT THE SCHOOL
>BUILDING.
>.........."I understand."

MIKE: <as Adam> Oh, and could you stop shouting? You're giving
me a headache...

> Adam was about to sign off when he
>had a thought.

TOM: Yeah, I thought I smelled something burning.

> "Zordon? I wonder... there might be someone who could
>help us...."

MIKE: The Amazing RANDO!
TOM: Mike, will you _stop_ with the "Amazing Rando" stuff?
CROW: Geez, ever since _This_Island_Earth_...

>..........After school was over, Adam went to the nurse's office
>to collect

MIKE: Protection.
TOM: <as gangster> You got a real nice office here, lady... I'd
hate for anything to have to happen to it...

> Rocky. He was sitting straight as a rod over by the
>main window, his eyes wide open in an attempt to stay awake.
>"Hello," he slurred.

TOM: Yes, folks, Rocky is hopped-up on goofballs!

>.........."Yeah, hi. Nurse Gayser?

CROW: And relation to Paul Michael Gayser?

> I'm gonna take him home, if
>that's okay."
>.........."What about his parents?"

TOM: This is _Mighty_Morphin'_Power_Rangers_- adults don't
matter!

>.........."I drove him here," lied Adam. _Does she know I don't
>drive? Oh man..._
>..........His fears were abated when she smiled at him.

CROW: So, before his fears were abated, was he waiting with
bated breath?

>"All right, go ahead. Feel better, Rocky."

CROW: Again?
TOM: Oh, no...

>.........."Uh-huh," he muttered, and allowed Adam to drag him
>outside.
>.........."Listen, Rocky," Adam told him as soon as they were in
>the clear. "I'm taking you to the Power Chamber, okay? We're
>gonna try something."
>.........."Okay."

Continued in part 2
--------------------

MST3K and all characters and situations contained therein are the
brainchild of Joel Hodgson, and are the property of Best Brains,
Inc. They are used here without permission for purposes of
entertainment only.

MMPR and all character and situations therein are the property of
Saban and Fox. They are used here without permission for
entertainment purposes only.
The story "Nightmares" is the property of Kittie, and is used
with her kind permission. This MiSTing is not meant as an
attack on MMPR, and certainly not Kittie <who's done many fine
MMPR fanfics>; it is merely something I did for fun.
"You know, aside from the fact that I'll never again experience joy in my life, I don't think _Red_Zone_Cuba_ had *any* kinda negative effect on me..."
-Crow T. Robot, _MST3K_
Catherine Johnson ---------- MiSTie #75,125 ---------- TCur...@aol.com