MiSTed: Stolen Memories (12/29)

Rottweiler

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
[SOL Theater. MIKE and the BOTS enter and take their seats.]

CROW: It's an asterik chorus line.

> Alistair awoke from his dreams of the Matriarch to find
> a soft warm body wrapped around his.

MIKE: (Alistair) Apparently, I've been mistaken yet again for a
mattress.

> He didn't panic, more
> than once he'd awaken to find a Felistian/Terran male or
> several curled up beside or around him.

TOM: I wonder why the Felistians forced the Sacred Band of Thebes into
sex
slavery.

> They like to sleep
> curled up against something, either a body cushion or a nice
> warm body.

CROW: I bet the Felistians have a big "Say no to sleeping in the
Sunlight"
campaign going on right now.
MIKE: Legalize it!

> Looking down at the head that rested on his chest, it
> took a moment for him to recognise the dark curls that
> capped it.

TOM: (Alistair) Did I get drunk and sleep with Howard Stern last night?

> Gently as possible he disengaged the sleeping
> young man and slipped a body pillow into his embrace
> instead. The young man moved about restlessly having been

CROW: ...whipped with a willawong til the blood came.

> denied the warmth and rhythmic beating of the Terran heart
> he'd snuggled up to in his sleep to find comfort in.

MIKE: The Felistians might want to buy some old alarm clocks then.
TOM: Can't he just listen to ocean sounds or something?

> Alistair sat up and brushed the sleep from his eyes,

CROW: His shaving razor's cold and it stings.

> yawning and stretching

MIKE: And scratching his neck with his hind leg and licking himself.

> to check out the harem

TOM: At his local library.

> with an eye to
> the dangers the other men presented to the innocent beside
> him on the bed.

CROW: Goldilocks?

> One or two of the Fusions were languidly
> looking their way as the lay curled languidly on soft silken
> cushions.

MIKE: Bes and Ai Apaec look on.

> There was never much going on in their heads.

TOM: They were network executives.

> Thoughts
> of food and pleasure about covered it. When they weren't
> eating or bonking like rabbits

CROW: Bonking? Hitting each other over the head with mallets?

> they were sleeping, and worse
> they weren't picky about whom they slept with - figuratively
> and literally.

MIKE: No wonder they got the Dennis Rodman Seal of Approval.
TOM: So they're like average members of the Alpha Kappa Gamma frat?

> Alistair mentally filed their languid appraisal away
> under D, for dangerous.

CROW: Because filing it under W for dangerous would've been confusing,
say the least.

> It would pay to keep an eye on those
> two.

MIKE: It would only pay minimum wage, though.

> The young man's movements beside him drew his attention
> back to the bed.

TOM: He'd forgotten to use the bedpan, again.

> He was stirring.

CROW: So it twasn't the night before Christmas.

> Opening his eyes to look
> about. A radiant smile lit up Alistair's face.

MIKE: It wasn't quite a gigawatt - Alis got that from her mother's side.

> At last he'd
> crossed over

TOM: At this point, a crossover is the LAST thing we need.

> from catatonic to responsive. There was hope
> for him yet.

CROW: And after a few more months of electroshock therapy, he should be
as
good as new.

> Alistair watched as the young man looked his way then
> flushed from hairline to toes grabbing the pillow to hug it,

MIKE: Then the pillow tells him it just likes him as a friend.

> as if he recalled snuggling up against him for warmth and
> comfort. Alistair sent a friendly little smile his way.

TOM: FedEx - when it absolutely, positively has to get across the
bedroom
overnight.

> "I'm a doctor,

CROW: Not a soldier!

> or at least I was.. I'm the closest
> thing this harem has within it's walls to medical
> attention.

TOM: (Alistair) I've seen just about every episode of _Ben Casey_ and
_Medical Center_.

> Which is what I've been giving you these last few
> weeks... There was a time, I wondered if you'd pull
> through."

MIKE: And you didn't even tell Lizbeth you were coming.

> Julian relaxed only somewhat, and turned his gaze away
> from Alistair to check out his surroundings.

CROW: (Julian) Say, this place isn't so bad for a Motel 6.

> He noted the
> two Fusions

TOM: Hot and cold.

> looking his way and hugged the pillow tighter,
> his flush draining away along with all his colour leaving
> him as white as the sheets he lay upon.

MIKE: But not nearly as white as Michael Jackson.

> Alistair grabbed a
> pillow and flung it across the room.

CROW: Alistar is a master of the Ancient and Deadly Art of Pillow-Fu.

> With deadly accuracy

TOM: I just wanted to point out here that the phrase "deadly accuracy"
was
just used to describe a pillow fight.

> it
> landed on one of the pair who jumped half a foot,

MIKE: Assault with a deadly pillow.

> then came
> down on all four to slink off,

CROW: (singing) But the cat came back, the very next day...

> tail wagging somewhat
> menacingly.

MIKE: (Fusion) You win this round, Julian, but I'll be back with some
feathers and a Cookie Monster doll.

> Alistair ignored it. It was all for show.

TOM: (singing) There's no business like show business, no business I
know...

> He was
> the biggest man in the harem.

CROW: (singing) Macho, macho man...
MIKE: They're going for a Guinness record for puniest harem, I guess.

> None of the men could take him
> on his own.

TOM: He reigned supreme as master of the pillow fight.

> And they rarely, if ever, worked together to try
> and over power him.

CROW: Since that would require as much intelligence as a lion or wolf.
MIKE: The lesson - "Use teamwork to hurt old guys".

> He laughed at the thought, he was the king

TOM: It's good ta be da king.

> of this
> castle.

CROW: Castle Greyskull?
MIKE: More like Castle Numbskull.

> So to speak.

TOM: Well, he was king of this room, more or less.

> Julian looked at him as his laughter rang out.

MIKE: (Alistair) Oh, that Ryan guy on _What's My Line?_ is SO funny!

> "W..what's..so funny?"

TOM: (Alistair) Last night's _Just Shoot Me_. That George Segal is a
riot!

> "Oh... nothing you'd understand, son."

MIKE: (Alistair) Mark Russell is a bit over your head, junior.

> "I'm not your son."

CROW: And don't call him daughter!

> "You'd prefer it if I call you boy," Alistair responded
> reaching out to ruffle the beard that had sprouted over
> Julian's jaw during the last few weeks.

TOM: (Alistair) Or I could call you "children".

> "This fur on your face tells me you're not a boy,

MIKE: (Alistair) You're a girl with hormone problems.

> you're a young man..."
> "M..my name's...

CROW: Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

> Julian. Julian Bashir."

TOM: (Julian) I like my drinks shaken, not stirred.

> "Well Julian, my name's Alistair.

MIKE: (Alistair) Ms. Jackson if you're nasty.

> Dr Alistair Mender.

CROW: With a last name like Mender, your only career options are doctor
and
cobbler.

> You can either call me Doctor, Doc, or Alistair..

TOM: (Alistair) Or you can call me Ishmael.

> Take your
> pick.

MIKE: (Julian) My icepick?

> I'll call you Julian."

CROW: And he'll call the wind "Mariah".

> Julian's eyes turned positively huge - and his skin
> turned red as the flush raced across his body.

TOM: Suddenly he's a character in a Tex Avery cartoon.

> Alistair
> wondered what had caused that reaction and looked about the
> room. He couldn't see anything to cause it.

MIKE: Have you considered that the problem might be an odor?

> The Fusions,
> both off them, had slunk off to the bathing room, probably
> to get up to their second favourite activity after sleeping

CROW: Solving complex electrodynamic wave field equations?

> - sex.

CROW: Oh.

> "Y..You're.. The Princessa's Father.."

TOM: Mel Tillis IS Julian Bashir in _Smokey and the Bandit: The Next
Generation_!
MIKE: He's just talkin' 'b-bout her g-g-g-generation!

> Alistair's head whipped around so fast

CROW: Quick, get an exorcist!

> Julian scrambled
> back across the bed till he backed into the wall it rested
> against.

(TOM, imitating Julian, whimpers like a dog)

> "What did you say?"

ALL: HE SAID "Y..YOU'RE.. THE PRINCESSA'S FATHER.."!

> "Y..y.. you're th..th..the Pr..pr..princess..ssa's
> f..f...father.."

MIKE: (Julian) Oh, and by the way, th-th-th-that's all folks!

> Julian stuttered, even worse than the first
> time, extremely nervous now.
> "Why do you say that?"

CROW: (Julian) I didn't want to! The authors made me!

> "H..her n..name is..

TOM: (Julian) J-John... J-j-jacob... J-j-j-j-jingle... h-h-heimer...
sh-sh-shmit...

> Alistairyen Mender... Just like
> yours.. Sh..she has eyes...

CROW: I would certainly hope so!

> Just like yours.. And hair.. And
> height."

MIKE: (Julian) And a doughy physique... just like yours.

> Alistair closed his eyes. She'd named her heir after
> him.

TOM: She hadn't named her heir Dweezil or Moon Unit.

> Thank God.

CROW: You're welcome.

> It gave him hope that maybe all her promises
> were more than just pillow talk.

MIKE: (Doris Day) Well, if we do get married, I suppose I could name my
Prime Heir after you.
TOM: (Rock Hudson, Texan) Well, that'd be mighty fine, I suppose.
Reckon
we'll have to go slow, though. How about next
Thursday?

> Maybe she did love him just
> as much as he loved her.

CROW: Or maybe she just wasn't very creative at thinking up names.

> If nothing else, she cared for him,
> she had to, to have named her Prime Heir after him.

MIKE: I wouldn't name a prime rib after him!

> Julian watched Alistair warily. Slowly he relaxed.

TOM: Step by step, inch by inch...

> He
> wasn't angry. In fact he looked happy.

CROW: IS EVERYBODY HAPPY?!?
MIKE: I think we're watching a Geico commercial.

> Alistair's eyes
> opened to look at him again and he smiled in a friendly
> fashion.

TOM: (Julian) This is the perfect time to tell him I had unprotected sex
with his daughter!

> "I've never met my daughter, I take it you have since
> you know her name and can describe her."

CROW: (Julian) Well, she's this cat-like being, but they all look alike.
MIKE: (Julian) Besides, I wasn't paying much attention to her FACE, if
you
know what I mean...

> Julian wondered if Alis' father would be so friendly if
> he know his was the lover of one of his daughters and rape
> bait or the other.

TOM: (confused) "If he know his was the lover?" "Rape bait or the
other?"
Was this translated from Cantonese into English or something?

> Alistair noted the flush fade then
> reappear.

CROW: This toilet bowl cleaner just isn't working right.

> He wondered why.

MIKE: ...fools fall in love.

> At first he couldn't figure it
> out.

TOM: (Alistair) Could the kid be cheating at Poker? Naaaahhhh.

> The idea that this young man and his daughter might
> have been breedmates occurred to him.

CROW: He also considered the notion that they might just be pen pals.

> But then, if that was
> so, why was the young man blushing.

MIKE: Because he'd run out of question marks.

> No one blushed around
> here.

TOM: Blushing was illegal in Singapore.

> Not about sex anyway.

MIKE: Oh, so they live in a daytime soap opera.

> It was a part of their everyday
> life in the harem.

CROW: That and eating, sleeping, and licking themselves.

> Then he considered something else.

TOM: He was missing _Matlock_.

> This
> young man wasn't a Fusion. He had no tail, fangs or claw
> sheaths.

MIKE: Alistair has been Julian's nursemaid for weeks and he's just now
figuring this out?

> He had to be pure Terran.

CROW: (Alistair) Az oppozed to an impure Terran. Seig heil!

> And a recently captured
> one at that.

TOM: His "Best if Used By" date is next week.

> He gave Julian a look of pure sympathy.

MIKE: 99.44% pure sympathy?

> Julian wondered
> what was going on in his head.

CROW: We ALL wonder what's going on in your head, Julian.

> "You're new here.. To the Harems and Felistia, aren't
> you, Julian?"
> Julian nodded.

TOM: (Alistair) As the welcoming committee, I'd like to give you this
fruit
basket and some coupons for local businesses.

> "How long have you been in the empire?"

MIKE: (Julian) Since the end of the Clone Wars.

> "A m..month... Maybe two.. I..lost track of the time.."

CROW: (Julian) The same thing happens when I play Quake.

> "The first time's always the worst time, Julian.

TOM: All the customs officials and quarantine laws...

> They
> teach you a harsh lesson.

MIKE: (Alistair) That the Easter Bunny isn't real.

> To show you what will happen if
> you don't do what they want."

CROW: When they say "juggle", you say, "How many objects?".

> Julian's flush deepened.

TOM: Enough of this toilet talk, story.

> "After that, if you submit to their will and give them
> a good time between the sheets, they'll treat you decently.

MIKE: They'll only rape you on even-numbered days.

> Oh, now and then they might claw you.. More often they'll
> bite you.

CROW: Or bury you in some kid's sandbox.

> That can be pure heaven or pure hell depending on
> the bio-chemical state your in at the time."

TOM: Which is to say, "While you're here, stay toasted".

> Julian didn't really know what that meant.

MIKE: (Julian) One of my teachers at medical school mentioned it. What
did
he say? Hmmm...

> Seeking
> answers he pounced instead on the statement that there was a
> difference.
> "I... D..don't un..understand why.. It was different.

TOM: (Julian) How could loving, consensual sex be different from rape?

> When Alis..bit me.. It hurt at first, but then..

ALL: It went zoom when it moved, and pop when it stopped, and whirred
when
it stood still...

> It blew my
> mind away..

MIKE: Groovy!
CROW: Far out, man!
TOM: Outtasight!

> It was, " His eyes glazed with remembered
> passion, "Heaven...

CROW: (singing) ...is a place on Earth.

> And it never hurt again after the first
> time."

MIKE: (Quentin Tarantino) Hence, "Not Like a Virgin".

> Alistair's brow went right up.

TOM: (Alistair) I'll never be able to get that off the ceiling.

> "But..when her sister did it... It was pure agony..
> Every time... It was like.. Being.. On fire..

CROW: (Ken) Shoryuken!

> Not that I
> know what being on fire feels like..

MIKE: (Julian) Well, there was that one time when I plummeted into the
sun,
but aside from that...

> I just.. imagine it
> feels like that." Julian said babbling.

TOM: Why keep on imagining what it feels like to be set on fire? Why
not
SET yourself on fire and find out for sure? I'll get the gasoline!

> Alistair understood. He wondered for a second if the
> sister he spoke of was his offspring or another man's. He
> pushed the thought aside; he didn't want to think about one
> of his daughter's being capable of the atrocious deeds
> Julian had revealed to him the night before.

CROW: She made him watch C-SPAN.

(TOM hovers onto MIKE's lap. MIKE picks TOM up and ALL leave the
theater.)

[Planet Bumper]

Rottweiler

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99