MiSTied: "Nightmares" <an MMPR fanfic>, part 2/2

TCurryFan

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Continued from part 1
--------------------

>..........Rocky's mouth fell open when they were greeted in the
>Power Chamber by a familiar face. "Billy?!?"

MIKE: Don't be a hero!

>.........."Hi," he smiled, running a hand through damp hair.

TOM: I hope it's on his head...
MIKE: TOM!
CROW: Hey! I'm the one who's supposed to make those kind of
jokes!
TOM: Well, it was gettin' old...

>He looked younger than Rocky remembered him,

MIKE: He actually _looked_ like a teenager!
TOM: <lustfully> Leaner, firmer...

> though that could
>be because the last time Rocky had seen him (in person, at
>least), he'd been almost one hundred years old. He also looked
>thinner, but that could be due to the still dripping wetsuit he
>had on.

FEMALE VOICE: Oh, yeah... Oohhhh, baby...
TOM: -the hell??
MIKE: Huh?
FEMALE VOICE: Don't mind me, boys- just keep on riffing...
CROW: Oooooka-hay...

> Despite any changes, though, his voice was exactly the
>same.

MIKE: And this is... a good thing?

> "Zordon tells me you haven't been sleeping well."

CROW: <as Rocky> Yeah, well, it's not the same without you
there...

>.........."I haven't," Rocky confirmed, sinking down onto the
>exam table.

MIKE: Hey, that must be where he's gonna take the test mentioned
earlier in the story!
CROW: You've actually been paying attention?
MIKE: Ummm, well...

> "I keep having horrible nightmares."
>.........."So I've been told. We'll figure this out, don't
>worry."
>.........."What do you care?" Rocky heard himself ask.

TOM: Bitter, much?

>.........."What?" Billy's voice took on an unfamiliar tone:
>confusion.

CROW: "What. Do. You. Care?" Which word didn't you
understand?

>.........."You resent me for taking the blue powers. I thought
>you'd want me... incapacitated."

TOM: <as Billy, nervously> Gee... Hehe... Why would you think
that, dickweed, I mean Rocky?

>.........."Rocky!

CROW: Again!?
MIKE: Crow, will you stop?
CROW: Hehehe...

> That's a horrible thing to say," scolded
>Adam.
>.........."It's the nightmares talking," reassured Billy
>confidently.

TOM: Juuust keep tellin' yourself that, Billy-boy...

>"Don't worry about it. Now Rocky, just lie back and relax."

TOM: <as Billy> And take off your clothes... Oh, and I'm gonna
have to get on top of you...

>.........."No! I'll fall asleep!"
>.........."That's the idea."

MIKE: SLEEEEP!!

>.........."No! I don't want to sleep!"
>..........HUSH LITTLE ROCKY, DON'T SAY A WORD.... Everyone
>looked around, shocked, as Zordon began singing softly.

ALL: NOOOO!!
MIKE: Oh, God... Give us Yoko Ono, give us Leonard Nimoy,
even give us Shatner- but not THIS!

>ZORDON'S GONNA GIVE YOU A THUNDERZORD. AND IF THAT THUNDERZORD
>DON'T RUN, ZORDON'S GONNA GIVE YOU A ZEO GUN. AND IF THAT ZEO
>GUN DON'T FIRE...

MIKE: I'll bet Rocky has that problem a _lot_...
TOM: Ouch.

>..........Amazingly, Rocky started to drop off.

TOM: I'm not amazed- I started dropping off five minutes ago!

> In seconds, he
>was asleep. Billy gently attatched some electrodes to his chest
>and forehead.

CROW: And around his- <Mike puts his hand around Crow's beak>
MIKE: Crow- behave. Ok?
<Crow nods and Mike lets his beak go>

> "Now we wait."

ALL: <make patient whistling sounds, Mike twiddles thumbs>

>..........**....Rocky shouldered his way to the forefront.

TOM: Come, my friend... Towards the danger!

>"Maybe he just needs to be knocked around a little to get his
>senses back," he yelled, just before charging his former
>teammate.

MIKE: And giving him a good, swift kick in the groin.

> The Blue Ranger leaped through the air, his
>devastating side kick

CROW: Emma Peel?

> aimed at his enemy's head. Suddenly, a
>chain shot from his target's wrist, wrapping around Ranger Three
>and slamming him into the ground.

TOM: Geez, FINALLY we get an action sequence!
MIKE: About time!

>..........Rocky struggled to free himself. The chain's links
>were razor sharp. He noted, with a great deal of suprise, that
>they had begun to penetrate his suit.

TOM: Especially in his-
MIKE: TOM!
CROW: Stop stealing my schtick!
TOM: Then stop saying "Again!?" whenever Rocky's name appears at
the beginning of a paragraph!

> To add to his torment,
>his opponent was tossing him left and right, battering his body
>against the cliff walls that isolated the little valley.

ALL: <singing> Hit 'im again, hit 'im again, harder, HARDER!

>Desperately, he summoned his arm blades. Gasping in pain as his
>bonds sliced into his arms, he lunged forward and succeeded in
>cutting through the chains. Shrugging them off,

MIKE: Eh. <shrugs>

> he gaped as the
>breach repaired itself, and the whip prepared to strike at him
>again.
>..........He wanted to pass out.

CROW: Good- now he knows how the audience feels.

> "Some kind of drug... he's
>poisoned me," he thought. Wobbling unsteadily, he forced back
>the waves of nausea that threatened to overwhelm him.

TOM: Yeah, you and me both, pal!

>Sluggishly, he turned to face the thing that had once been his
>friend, knowing full well he couldn't withstand another attack
>from that weapon....

MIKE: <Beavis laugh>

>..........Rocky's vision was tinged with red.

TOM: Ewww, his eyes are bleeding!
CROW: YUCK!

> He could
>scarcely stay focused on the chain that slithered in front of
>him, as though alive. The gold bohemoth before him drew back
>his arm and snapped it forward in a whipping motion. His
>reflexes dulled by the toxins coursing through his blood,

MIKE: And his usual lack of intelligence...

> Ranger
>Three could only stare as the links became glowing projectiles.

CROW: <as spaced-out Rocky> Ohhh... Pretty...

ALL: Ewwwww...

>..........The Blue Ranger giggled compulsively,

CROW: <as drugged-up Rocky> I love getting ripped to shreds!
Whee!

> unable to feel
>the grievous wounds that were going to bleed him to death. His
>eyes would stay open no longer, their lids seeming to weigh
>tons. Rocky DeSantos welcomed the darkness as it overtook him.
>With a final gasp of pain, he toppled backwards and remained
>still...**

ALL: Woo-hoo!!
MIKE: Great, it's over! <picks up Tom> Let's go-

>..........He jerked awake with a cry, willing his body to obey
>him.

MIKE: Oh, wait... There's more...
CROW: Damn... It was just a dream sequence...
<ALL sit back down. MIKE sets TOM back down>

> Hands were holding him down,

MIKE: <as Rocky> Yes! My fantasies are finally coming true!

> and voices frantically trying
>to calm him. "What...? Who...?"

MIKE: I don't know!
ALL: THIRD BASE!

MIKE: Awww... Did Rocky get a boo-boo?

>.........."It was just a nightmare," Adam assured him, "A
>particularly bad nightmare. Try to relax, we're working on the
>problem."
>.........."No, I can't relax, I'll get killed again!"

ALL: Relax, relax!

>.........."Not if I can help it," said Billy, returning from his
>vantage spot at one of the consoles.

MIKE: <as Billy> They bought it! Those idiots... They
actually think I know what I'm doing!

>..........Rocky gasped and almost leapt to his feet, finally
>recognizing the voice of the gold bohemoth in his dream. "It
>was you! You were the gold guy!"
>..........Billy's face took on a pained look. "I was never the
>gold ranger, you know that Rocky!"

TOM: <as Billy> And thank you _so_much_ for bringing up _that_
painful chapter of my life again...
MIKE: Servo- you don't actually _watch_ this show, do you?
TOM: <defensively> No! Of course not! Why would you think
that??
CROW: Yeah... That's what I thought...

>.........."No, not the gold ranger, that gold guy! That killed
>me! You _do_ want me dead!"

MIKE: Is there anyone who's known you for very long who
_doesn't_?

>..........Billy rolled his eyes.

TOM: ...got a four, and moved his little doggie to "Marvin
Gardens".

> "Whatever. Listen, Adam, I
>think I have an idea about this. It's weird, but...."

MIKE: <as Billy> ...then, this IS _Mighty_Morphin'_Power_Rangers_, so
we're used to it...

>.........."I don't care how weird it is, Billy. Rocky's gonna
>go insane if we don't fix this."

CROW: And this is... a bad thing?

>.........."Agreed. Heck, he's already halfway there. Alpha,
>can you contact the other rangers?"

TOM: <as Alpha 5> You do it, I'm bitter.

>.........."Certainly, Billy!"
>..........In moments, the other three Zeo Rangers appeared in
>the Power Chamber.

CROW: Manny, Moe, and Jack?
MIKE: Harpo, Groucho, and Chico?
TOM: Larry, Curly, and Moe?

> "What's up?" asked Tommy, and then he did a
>double take when he saw Billy. "What--? Who--? How--?"

ALL: THIRD BASE!

>.........."Yeah hi, Tommy, nice to see you again."

TOM: With that, Billy walked up to Tommy and kissed him full on
the lips.
FEMALE VOICE: Ohhhh... Yeaaaahhhh...
MIKE: <turning to "camera"> Folks, I think we just learned more
about our writer than we _ever_ wanted to know...

>..........Much to everyone's surprise, Kat leapt forward and
>grabbed Billy in a hug. "Billy, what are you doing--"

TOM: If he's smart, copping a feel.

ALL: Ewwww...

> "Here?"
>..........Billy smiled. "Sorry."

MIKE: <as Billy> You'd think I'd've learned to control that by
now...

>.........."He's here for Rocky,"

CROW: Again!?
TOM: <to Mike> Please _kill_him_... Or me.
MIKE: Ok, Crow- that's enough...

> answered Adam. "You all
>know about those weird nightmares he's been having, right?"

ALL: Sure, we all do!

>..........The others nodded, and Billy stepped forward with a
>printout of the readings from his experiment. "Well, I think
>I've found the cause. It appears there's a parallel dimension
>somewhere,

MIKE: On, no... Not _Sliders_!
CROW: Hey! I like _Sliders_!

> in which all of us are just characters in a fictional
>television show."

MIKE: A really _bad_ television show...

>.........."What?" asked Tanya, disbelieving. "Come again?"

TOM: Oh, I think he already did.

>.........."That's what I thought," allowed Billy,

TOM: No "Billy", not allowed!

> "but these
>nightmares of Rocky's are coming straight from this alternate
>dimension. Apparently, fans of this TV show like to write their
>own episodes of the show.

MIKE: Which are a hell of a lot better than anything actually ON
the show...

> And lately, a lot of these people
>have been killing Rocky off."
>.........."But why?"

TOM: I think it's pissed-off Billy fans who are upset that the
Blue Ranger went from a sweet, shy guy for whom psychics was
a hobby to an annoying jerk who has to take off his shoes to
count past ten.
<MIKE and CROW look at TOM>
TOM: Or... so I've heard...

> Rocky sank to the floor and buried his
>face in his hands. "I'm so lovable!"

ALL: <do that "bulls**t" cough>

>.........."I don't know," answered Billy, shaking his head, "But
>the high concentration of such stories is affecting your psyche.
>We have to find a way to end this."
>.........."But don't we all get killed in stories," asked Tommy,
>still somewhat skeptically.

MIKE: If we're lucky, yes...

>.........."Probably," came the answer, "I guess Rocky's just
>more sensitive to it than the rest of us."

MIKE: Awww.. Is widdle-bitty Wocky all hurty-wurty?
TOM: EAUGH! Mike, NEVER talk like that again!
MIKE: Ok, Tommy-wommy...
TOM: AAAAHH!

>.........."Or everybody hates me,"

CROW: Bing! Bing! Bing! Bing! Bing! Got it on the second
guess!

> moaned Rocky. "Either way,
>I'm dead meat. Literally."

TOM: We _wish_!

>.........."Can we get in touch with these people," asked Kat,
>wringing out her shirt.

CROW: Did she take it off first?
MIKE: Oh, please, please, please, please, please!
CROW: Been awhile, eh, Mike?
CROW: Geez, Mike, she's a teenager- that's sick!
MIKE: Oh, come on, in real life she's in her mid-20's!
CROW: <pause> Good point.

>.........."Maybe," Billy wrinkled his nose, deep in thought.
>"But only through... one of those stories."

TOM: Uh-oh...
MIKE: Hmmmmm...

>.........."Well, how do we get one?"
>.........."I'll see if I can make contact with one of the
>writers. Preferably, one who's been kinder to Rocky."

TOM: Good luck finding one!

> He
>pushed a few buttons on the console, and finally, his face lit
>up. "I've got one! And she hasn't killed him once!"

MIKE: <as Billy> Stupid, stupid, girl...

>.........."Well, contact her, and hurry," whined Rocky. "I
>don't wanna die again!"

MIKE: Oh, whine, whine, whine! I have problems, too, ya know!

>..........And there you have it. Billy thanks you for your
>time.

MIKE: Wait- did we just help save Rocky by reading this?
TOM: AH! We've been used!
CROW: I feel so... dirty... <shudders>

>Note: The stories appearing in Rocky's nightmares are the
>brainchildren of, in order of appearance, Bryan Rowe,

MIKE: Rowe, Rowe, Rowe your boat...

> Pat
>Flanagan. April Richards,

CROW: Daughter of Reed and Sue Richards.

> and Padishar Lupine. The nightmare
>with the gold bohemoth was almost a direct quote from Padishar's
>fanfic, "Cry of the Wolf," which is available in The Fanfic
>Shoppe.

MIKE: And at finer hardwares stores throughout the tri-county
area.

CROW: Is it _really_ over this time?
MIKE: Looks like it- let's go...
<MIKE pick up TOM, and he and CROW leave the theater>

@ [2] |3| <4> /5/ {6} *door*

<SOL>
<MIKE and the 'BOTS come back behind the counter. They all
look a little shaken>
MIKE: <shaking his head> Ouch... All that, _just_ to find out it
was some sort of plea to keep writers from killing off one
of the characters.
CROW: Yeah... Maybe there's a _reason_ everyone's killing him
off...
<MADS' light flashes. Mike hits it>

<DEEP 13>
DR. F: Ah, Nelson... So... Is your will broken yet?

<SOL>
MIKE: <Thinks for second> Ummm... No, not really.

<DEEP 13>
DR. F: <makes a manic show of rage> WHAT? You survived that!?

<SOL>
CROW: Oh, _come_on_... That was TAME compared to your average
net.kook!
TOM: Yeah! I mean, geez, compared to most of the fanfics you
send us, this was Shakepeare!
CROW: <on a roll> I mean, if you _really_ wanna try and break
our will, send us something _bad_.
MIKE: <starting to get worried> Ah, guys... Maybe we shouldn't
give Dr. F-
TOM: Yeah, like a Corman film, or something by John_-_Winston!
MIKE: Ummm, guys...
CROW: Or maybe a Make.Money.Fast spam!
MIKE: GUYS!
TOM: How about the latest Ratliff story!
CROW: Or a "good" Coleman Francis movie!
<MIKE puts his hand over CROW and TOM'S mouth>
MIKE: <nervous laugh> Ummm... I don't know what's gotten into
these two...

<DEEP 13>
DR. F: <looking thoughtful> Hmmmm... Ratliff and Coleman...
<Dr. F pushes the button>

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Created by
JOEL HODGSON

This MiSTing written by
CATHERINE JOHNSON

Featuring
Crow
TRACE BEAULIEU

Mike Nelson
MICHAEL J. NELSON

Gypsy
JIM MALLON

Servo
KEVIN MURPHY

Also Featuring
Dr. Forrester
TRACE BEAULIEU

MST3K and all characters and situations contained therein are the
brainchild of Joel Hodgson, and are the property of Best Brains,
Inc. They are used here without permission for purposes of
entertainment only.

MMPR and all character and situations therein are the property of
Saban and Fox. They are used here without permission for
entertainment purposes only.
The story "Nightmares" is the property of Kittie, and is used
with her kind permission. This MiSTing is not meant as an
attack on MMPR, and certainly not Kittie <who's done many fine
MMPR fanfics>; it is merely something I did for fun.

>..........HUSH LITTLE ROCKY, DON'T SAY A WORD.... Everyone
>looked around, shocked, as Zordon began singing softly.
"You know, aside from the fact that I'll never again experience joy in my life, I don't think _Red_Zone_Cuba_ had *any* kinda negative effect on me..."
-Crow T. Robot, _MST3K_
Catherine Johnson ---------- MiSTie #75,125 ---------- TCur...@aol.com

DJenkinsii

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

ROFL!!! Excellent Job, Catherine!!!!!!

--Djenk
"Keep thinkin' it'll be alright If I just get on the road.
If I run I can free my worried mind. Keep thinkin' of the day I die, when I'll lose my heavy load. But I wouldn't want to leave you behind." -Semisonic, "If I Run"

TCurryFan

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Awww... Thanks... >blush>