MiSTing Repost: The Newcomer [ 4 / 4 ]

Joseph Nebus

Jan 22, 2007, 11:16:19 PM1/22/07
And here we are with the conclusion to The Newcomer, my first
MiSTing. Some of the ``saturation campaign'' is evident in the riffs
here. There's also an amusingly dated reference to Mac System 7.5.5,
which gives a hint of just how long ago this really was. I don't yet
know why the finger-welding strikes me as funny as it inherently does,
but on reflection, something from that probably should have been the
stinger. I think at this point I was picking the stinger as whatever
fed in to my favorite riff, though, at least at the time of picking
out a stinger.

I don't know why there's a reference to Neptune Township, New
Jersey, here, except that it seems to be one of the places I naturally
call on when I need a town name. I suppose Ho-ho-kus sounds too made-
up for me, somehow.

The closing sketch with the sugar wafers and the play on the
finger-laser thing nicely catches the feel of the host sketches I was
imitating, laid-back little things like the conclusion of 'Manhunt In
Space'. Now I can go getting all depressed at how many things turned
out just the way I want the first time I tried a MiSTing, and not as
much ever since.

----------------

>Part 10

> Ryan, after half running and half walking

TOM: The left half ran, the right half walked.
CROW: He felt like he was going in circles the whole time.

> to Robotropolis, made it
>in.

JOEL: [ As Ryan ] Oh, this plan is so *clever*.

> When he heard a sound, he hid,

TOM: The security guards had all been in the "special" program in
guard school.

> when he had a chance, he ran from
>building to building. Finally, he got to

CROW: A wide field.
JOEL: [ As Ryan ] "Aw, not *again*!"

> where he wanted to go...

TOM: Neptune Township, New Jersey.

> the
>exact place he and Eric were kept...Packbell's own office.

CROW: Well, more of a cubicle, really...Evil's downsizing this year.

> Hatred of
>the android rushed through him...for attacking...for trapping...

JOEL: For doing the job he was there to do.

> and most
>of all, for

TOM: Spitting in his milk.

> putting him into the middle of this situation.

CROW: Actually, he volunteered, as I recall.

> If Ryan
>hadn't been thinking of how he wanted to dismantle the android,

TOM: No fair!
CROW: Boo!

> he would
>have noticed a dark shape at each corner, shadowing him.

JOEL: Way to be alert, Ryan.

> Sonic knew the look on Ryan's face.

CROW: He called it "Luke."

> He had seen on Todd's face,
>the only and last time he went after Packbell.

JOEL: Who's Todd?
TOM: I think we're supposed to read another fanfic.

> He hoped he didn't need
>to help Ryan, just because he

CROW: Has trouble with compound sentences.

> hoped that Ryan could pull off the rescue
>on his own,

JOEL: 'Cause he was kind of buzzed, really, and didn't want to do much.

> without help, and prove beyond a doubt he was no traitor.

CROW: By getting trapped again?

> Sandra Nightweaver looked around the corner,

CROW: Around.
TOM: And behind.

> and wondered what
>Ryan was doing. Then she realized.

JOEL: He was putting cheese in the pizza crust!

> He was going after Packbell
>himself! She almost ran over,

CROW: A defenseless chipmunk.

> already deciding in her mind

TOM: As opposed to in someone else's mind?

> she would
>help this once. Then she saw the other person

JOEL: Dave Coulier!

> in the shadows...

TOM: Take away the shadows and the smiling and the story would be
fifteen pages.
JOEL: Take away our comments, too.

> Sonic.
>She knew her help might not be needed...

CROW: She's quite good at definitely knowing likely stuff.

> but the might gnawed at her
>mind.

ALL: [ Make chewing noises ]

> Sandra gave a mental shrug,

CROW: How could we tell?

> opened a nearby air duct,

JOEL: If they're all robots, why do they need air ducts?
CROW: We...uh...collect it.
JOEL: Oh, I see.

> and went
>inside. She headed towards Packbell's office.

TOM: [ As Sandra ] "I have *got* to get an elevator key."

> Ryan turned through the corridors physically as well as mentally,

CROW: I think physically counts more, though.

>until he got to a familiar door.

TOM: Nummy-kins!

> "And what could be behind door number
>one?"

JOEL: Well...us.
[ ALL turn around. ]
CROW: Hello?

> he thought, just before letting the door open a crack.

CROW: The door was happy that Ryan trusted it so much.

> Eric was
>still there. "Thank God," Ryan thought.

JOEL: [ As Ryan ] "The villains here really do have the intelligence
of dehydrated oatmeal!"

> He let the door open the rest
>of the way.

CROW: [ As door ] Oh, *thank* you, Ryan.

> As he entered the room, Eric looked up.
> "Ryan! You made

TOM: A potholder! And a keen wallet, too!

> it... I figured out Packbell's plot after you
>left.

JOEL: We would never have guessed it even existed.

> What happened."

TOM: [ As Ryan ] "I don't know. You figured it out, Mister Smarty-pants."

> Ryan shook his head angrily.

JOEL: Bad head! Bad, bad head!

> "Oh, nothing...I just got a
>prejudiced opossum in my face."

CROW: He kissed me. I liked it. A lot.

> "That..was the plan,

TOM: Sally's plan?
JOEL: Packbell's plan?
CROW: Sandra's plan?

> I'm afraid. I'm sorry."
> "Don't be...it wasn't your fault... How could we have stopped it?

JOEL: If you hadn't escaped off-camera like that maybe we could've
thought of something..

>Even if I knew what had been up,

CROW: I probably wouldn't have understood it. I mean, what kind of
villain just lets somebody go?

> I still would have chanced the trip to
>Knothole for help."

TOM: Just look how successful it was this way!

> Ryan couldn't find a key,

CROW: Oh, just press the space bar when the computer says that.

> but as he stood under the air vent, he

JOEL: Got a chill. Too much air conditioning.

>felt something hit him on the head.

TOM: Another comet?

> Rubbing the painful area,

CROW: For twenty minutes straight. It felt strangely pleasurable.

> he looked
>up to see a familiar dark face looking down at him.

JOEL: Which familiar dark face is it *this* time?

> He smiled at
>Sandra, and picked up the key.

TOM: What key? Huh?

> After unlocking Eric, the feline pointed

JOEL: The feline unlocked Eric?

>at a strange green rock.

TOM: Why not?

> "Ryan, do you see that rock? It came here
>instead of you."

CROW: It's a more interesting conversationalist, and a better person
than you are. Get the point, Ryan? Well?
TOM: And no fair asking how I know anything about that rock, by the
way.

> Ryan's mouth opened wide,

JOEL: [ Stands up, mimes tossing a basketball into Ryan's mouth. ]

> as did his eyes. "T...That's the comet

CROW: Well, meteor, actually.
JOEL: Technically, it'd be a meteorite now.
TOM: You sure it's not a meteoroid?
JOEL: No, no, it's a meteoroid when it's in the atmosphere. It's a
meteorite when it hits the ground.
CROW: Oh.
TOM: Live and learn, huh?

>that hit me before I was transported.

JOEL: Even though I didn't notice it at the time.

> It's my only link to my past
>life...

CROW: Except for my underwear.

> I have to get it back."

TOM: And some laundry detergent, actually.

> Ryan ran towards the console,

CROW: BONK!

> almost touched the rock,

TOM: Look out! It'll green you.

> and
>screamed out in pain.

JOEL: Betrayed by adventurine quartz!
CROW: What?
TOM: Huh?
JOEL: It's green.

> Both just outside the room, Sonic and Sandra both
>flinched.

CROW: Both of them.

> Eric looked at what had happened.

JOEL: Your Gold Bond's in my Ovaltine!
TOM: Your Ovaltine's in my Gold Bond!

> As Ryan pulled his right
>hand away, something was wrong with it.

CROW: If Woody had gone straight to the police, this would never
have happened.

> The pointer finger had been
>roboticized!

CROW: Yay!
TOM: Oh, *cool*.
CROW: That's awesome.

> "Whoops...did I forget to tell you that rock was put in a
>roboticizer field?"

JOEL: Yeah, you did forget.
CROW: But I left you a memo.
TOM: You should have checked your email before you left.
JOEL: Aw, now I feel like such a goof...

> Packbell smugly

TOM: He's got a double heaping of smug.
JOEL: He'll get his comeuppance, you just watch.

> said from a door on the other side
>of the room.

CROW: What really makes this story for me is the precise sense of
space we get.
JOEL: Chekhov to the n-th power.

> "You didn't expect I'd just leave your friend here alone,
>did you?

TOM: Well, it is consistent with the way you've been thinking so far.

> Ha!"

ALL: [ Jumping back ] Yaaah!

> Ryan pointed at Packbell,

CROW: You...you...*you*, you!

> with his roboticized finger, possibly to
>yell something.

JOEL: It's your story. Don't you know?

> Instead, Ryan concentrated,

TOM: Weird time to meditate, but, hey, whatever works.

> and a laser beam shot out
>of the finger,

JOEL: I am so glad Freud didn't live to see this concept.

> impacted into a surprised Packbell, and sent him flying
>away from the door.

CROW: Wait a minute...Wouldn't the recoil from a laser strong enough
to knock over Packbell also knock Ryan over?
JOEL: It's just fanfic, Crow. You really should relax.
TOM: Yeah, we've finally got some zapping and blasting stuff
going on.
CROW: True, true.

> Ryan smiled.

TOM: It had been nearly two minutes since his last smile.

> "I learned the trick

CROW: Of falling for obvious traps?

> from watching a
>few workerbots on the way here...welding laser...

JOEL: Nothing matches the excitement of built-in welding equipment.
TOM: Tell me about it.
CROW: Amen to that.
JOEL: [ Looks at them in turn ]

> could come in useful."

JOEL: In case they ever need to weld a pipe into low orbit.

> Ryan quickly looked around for the source of the field

CROW: Which was fortunately labeled as such in a language he
understood.

> around the
>rock,

TOM: And over the river, to grandmother's house.

> and blasted it with his new laser.

TOM: Just imagine the practical jokes you could play with that thingy.
CROW: Yeah, and like I heard cats love chasing a laser beam around.

> He grabbed the rock, and
>collapsed.

JOEL: From all that heavy smiling.

> Sonic finally ran in.

TOM: Way to be the hero, Sonic.

> He got to Ryan, only to see he wasn't
>Ryan anymore...

CROW: He really *was* Walter M. Schirra, Jr.

> he wasn't human anymore, actually.

JOEL: He was one of the writers for the New "Land Of The Lost."

> Ryan had changed
>shape, into a wolf who looked about the same age.

TOM: Is that in wolf-years or human-years?

> The wolf got up,
>shook his head,

JOEL: Garg. Ten seconds as a wolf and I've already got fleas.

> and said, in Ryan's voice. "I feel different...

CROW: I feel pretty!

> am I
>OK?"

TOM: You'll have to narrow down what you mean by "Okay."
CROW: For one thing, you've just gotten a second nose.
TOM: [ Moving in CROW's direction ] Let me at him!
JOEL: [ Pushing TOM back ] Play nice, now.

> Ryan looked at his hands,

CROW: And smiled.
JOEL: They didn't say that.
CROW: Yeah, but they're thinking it.

> and jumped up, surprised.

TOM: This is just going to wreck my pants.

> He grabbed
>the rock again, and he was human once more.

JOEL: Oh, so it's a temperamental magic rock.

> This time, Ryan saw the
>change,

CROW: It's coming. I know it.

> and grinned.

JOEL: There, there. [ Pats CROW. ]

> "I'm liking this stupid comet

CROW: "I'm not stupid. You're stupid. You stupid stupid-head."

> more and more."
> Packbell's voice sounded from the door again.

JOEL: He's a ventriloquist!
TOM: [ With CROW's mouth moving ] Throw your voice! Fool your friends!

> "Isn't that nice...

CROW: There is just so much demand for rocks that can transport people
to other dimensions so you can turn them into wolves for a minute or two.

>Oh, well."
> Packbell pulled his laser rifle out

TOM: He must not be a welding robot.
JOEL: Probably didn't take shop classes.

> and pointed it at Ryan.
>"Instead of roboticizing you totally, I'm going to

CROW: Roboticize all the body parts with three or more vowels in them.

> just kill you.

JOEL: Why? What's he done?
TOM: He went in, was captured immediately, was let go, and brought
the enemy's greatest hero back with him to be captured.

> Alloy
>armor protects well, doesn't it?"

TOM: Oh, yeah.
CROW: I've counted on it so many times...
JOEL: [ Packbell, "fumbling" with his voice ] I'm really going to
kill you right away...hang on, these lasers...aw, man, I left the
safety...don't move, now...don't want to mess this up...rats, I
dropped the thingy...could you hold on still?

> Packbell hadn't noticed Sonic in the room,

JOEL: You know, if you don't move that kind of robot can't see you.

> and wasn't prepared

TOM: We'll have to mark you off for that, Mister Packbell...I hope
you bring your notebook tomorrow.
CROW: Huh.

>when the hedgehog ran over and grabbed the blaster.

JOEL: Now that's just good thinking, really.

> Sonic grinned.
>"Well, thanks, but now we must go.

CROW: "Wait, didn't we have a mission or something?"
JOEL: "Who knows?"

> With the proof that Ryan isn't a
>traitor."

TOM: And the plans for the Imperial Death Star.

> Packbell smiled.

CROW: Yeah, we know.

> "You know my own rifle can't-"

JOEL: Love someone else!

> That was all he got out before he realized

CROW: The cardinality of the set of prime numbers must be countably
infinite!

> Sonic had run out with
>Eric and Ryan.

TOM: [ Sniffs ] And we were doing so well...Now what will that
worthless marriage counselor suggest?

> Packbell screamed in rage,

CROW: Which is in the uptown section of Robotropolis.

> and kicked the metal wall,

JOEL: It's good that the author narrowed down the building materials
like that.

>leaving a huge dent.

TOM: In him, or in the wall?

>Part 11

> Back at Knothole, Ryan was greeted by

TOM: A select committee of the town's aldermen.

> all the Freedom
>Fighters...except by one opossum, who,

CROW: Resentful and embittered.

> with eyes towards the ground,

TOM: Isn't that normal? Don't they often hang from trees?

>went up to Ryan and said, "I'm...sorry I said

JOEL: You were a treacherous, traitorous, cruel deceptive scumbag.
CROW: But you didn't say that.
JOEL: Well, I'm going to get around to it later today.

> all those things about
>you."
> Ryan just smiled

CROW: Does anyone in this story do anything else, ever?

> and said, "Apology accepted."

TOM: Oh, and I dug a snake pit outside your front door. Don't, like,
die in it or anything.

> The opossum looked up, surprised. "You...aren't mad?"

CROW: Well, yes I am, but I want to have something to hold over you
for the rest of your life and this is easy.

> "No... If you had come to my world by accident,

TOM: And what are the odds of that happening? At least in this
particular fanfic.
CROW: Particularly as long as he doesn't have a name or a description.

> people would have
>said the same of you.

JOEL: That he was secretly aiding the evil Doctor Robotnik in his plans
to conquer Mobius?

> I'm not like that, but unfortunately, too many
>people are."

CROW: Get the moral, little unnamed one? Huh? Well?
TOM: [ As opossum ] Well, excuse me, I want to go beat up helpless
babies and small children now. Pardon. Pardon.

> A young fox ran up to Ryan.

TOM: BONK!
JOEL: Ouchie!

> Ryan looked down at him an said,
>"Who're you, little guy?"

CROW: Can I be more condescending to you?

> The fox looked around.

JOEL: "Now where'd he go..." [ Looking up ] "Oh!"

> "Tails...

JOEL: Didn't they meet back in Part 2?
TOM: I sure thought so.

> Is it true you can change

CROW: Air filters?

> into
>any kind of animal? Sonic said you could."

JOEL: Yeah, well, Sonic's a blabbermouth.

> Ryan grinned. "Looks like a certain hedgehog is

CROW: In for a spanking!

> starting rumors
>now... I don't know...

JOEL: I guess it depends on the plot necessities.

> so far, it's just a wolf."
> "Can you try?"

CROW: "No, I've got so many better things to do."

> Ryan sighed. "If it'll make you happy..."

TOM: Pathetic little attention-desperate nobody...

> Ryan picked up the pouch that he kept the stone in, and
>concentrated on Tails. When he looked up, he saw he did, in fact,

JOEL: Who did?
TOM: What?

> now
>look like a fox.

CROW: In his heart he was really a kinkajou, though.

> "Hmm...guess I can."
> Tails looked at the new fox's hands.

TOM: Or possibly paws--we're not paying attention either, folks.

> "What happened to your
>finger?"

CROW: Oh, that. Massive paper cut.

> Ryan had almost forgotten.

TOM: Except that every now and again he vaporized the furniture.

> "Oh...this. It happened when I tried to

CROW: Upgrade to System 7.5.5.

>recover this stone. The laser in it is very helpful, though."

TOM: I always used to spend to much time looking for welding
equipment, but now...

> Ryan knew he had a lot of explaining to do,

CROW: To who?

> but knew Eric and
>Sonic would back him up.

TOM: Yes, we can back him up: that's for welding purposes only.

>Part 12

> Packbell was still angry...at the human.

TOM: If it wasn't for the human, Packbell couldn't have screwed up
nearly as much as he actually had.

> If that human was ever
>found by him again, he was dead.

CROW: Packbell?
TOM: Awfully inefficient threat, then.

> No games,

JOEL: Not even backgammon?

> just swift death.
>
> Ryan walked through the woods,

TOM: "Let me see, is there anybody to smile at here?"

> just wandering. He knew by the
>firelight that he was still close to Knothole.

CROW: Ah, a well-concealed secret village.

> When he heard the sound

TOM: [ Singing ] Of silence...

>he knew who it was, and that the sound was on purpose.
> "Hello, Sandra."

CROW: [ Singing ] Hello, father.

> Sandra smiled, though Ryan couldn't see it in the dark.

JOEL: He just knew the dramatic style of the story.
CROW: Also he was the author.
JOEL: Yeah, that'll help you through the tough parts of a story.

> "So,
>you're a metamorph now?"

JOEL: Smile when you say that, partner.

> "I guess I am...thanks to this," he said, holding the pouch.

CROW: He's a kangaroo?

> "Can you imitate someone,

TOM: Oh, I can imitate my twin brother Adam. Is that what you mean?

> or just morph?"
> "Just morph. I tried to imitate Sally...

CROW: Whoa!
TOM: Hel-lo!
JOEL: I think that's as far as we want to delve into that aspect
of his superpowers.

> harder to do and all,

TOM: Harder how? You're a shapeshifter. A shape's a shape.

> but
>all I got to be was a squirrel.

JOEL: Sally's a squirrel?
TOM: What did you think?
JOEL: I just figured she had a big head.
TOM: You gotta watch this stuff carefully.

> Still, it'll keep Packbell on his toes

JOEL: Assuming that he has toes.

>trying to find me again."
> The two friends just stood there for awhile.

CROW: [ As Sandra ] I feel so mutual now.

> Then Ryan help out
>his hand,

TOM: Help! Help! My hand!

> and Sandra put hers in it.

CROW: Oooh...

> They clasped hands in friendship,

CROW: Baka-wow!

>then released.

CROW: Oh.
JOEL: Well, it is a "G" series, after all.

> Ryan turned back towards Knothole,

TOM: Smiling.

> and Sandra watched
>him go,

TOM: Smiling.

> knowing she would see

JOEL: How he reconciles a tail and his clothes from Earth.

> a lot more of him

TOM: Smiling.

> in the future,

TOM: Smiling.
CROW: Once he figures out that hunchbacked whale morph.

> as an
>ally

TOM: Smiling.

>-THE END-

CROW: Yay!
TOM: Whoo-hoo!

>Name: Ryan

JOEL: Hang on, we'll miss the credits.

>Species: Metamorph;

TOM: I met a morph once, but she had to go back to her planet.
CROW: Isn't that the species that provided that unlucky girl Wesley
Crusher had his big date with?
JOEL: Don't be mean, Crow.
CROW: What?
JOEL: I sorta like Wesley is all.
TOM: Humans.

> originally human
>Sex:

CROW: Within his original species, or are we going to end up
prohibited in 22 states?

> Male
>Age: 15

JOEL: How'd we know that without ever getting this far?

>War standing: rebel sympathizer

CROW: Actually, he's a rebel now, at this point.

>Occupation: Great Forest Freedom Fighter

TOM: Who cares about the other forests?

>Specialities: taking on characteristics of other animals

CROW: Woof! Woof!
TOM: [ At same time ] Meow! Mrrow!
JOEL: [ At same time ] Caw! Caw!

> by
>concentration, tinkering, desroying SWATbots with a powerful laser beam
>on right hand

TOM: Hey, that's for welding purposes only.

>Mobius through time and space due to two simultanious accidents

CROW: Can you really say they were simultaneous if they were
separated by time and space?

> in both
>realities.

TOM: And across realities, too. Wow.

> Packbells transporter was activated just as the strange
>comet, which now gives Ryan morphing abilities,

JOEL: Is that the power all comets provide?
CROW: Morphine abilities?

> hit him, and somehow,
>the two were semi-bonded.

TOM: I love you, man!

> Distrusted at first because of his human origin, Ryan finally
>proved himself in the end.

CROW: By getting captured repeatedly.

> Friends with most of the Freedom Fighters,
>he makes a valuable asset with his continual changing.

JOEL: Plus if you buy clothes in the wrong size he can just
shapeshift to fit them.

> Allies with Sandra Nightweaver, the two will help each other
>whenever the other is in trouble.

TOM: So...they're allies.

> After a lone mission to prove his loyalty,

JOEL: It was more a temper tantrum, really.
CROW: And Sonic went with him.
JOEL: But he didn't know that. Doesn't count.

> he returned with a
>roboticized finger,

TOM: And these morphing abilities.

> which turned out to be equipped with a powerful

CROW: And inexplicable.

>laser.
>
> Ryan now uses his laser to destroy SWATbots,

JOEL: And play really cool practical jokes.

> and his morphing
>abilities to wander unnoticed by other, neutral groups,

CROW: As long as they don't notice he's twice as tall as they are.

> and stay hidden
>from Packbell,

JOEL: I'm guessing he never paid his phone bills in his former life.

> who, when they meet again,

TOM: In a subplot of every fanfic he ever appears in ever again.

> will give no quarter, and will
>not hesitate

CROW: And this time he *means* he won't hesitate.

> at the chance to kill Ryan.

JOEL: Now we're done.

[ 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. ]

[ SOL ] TOM, CROW have assembled a heat lamp-like gadget hanging over
a pile of vanilla sugar wafers.

CROW: I don't know, Crow...are you sure this is right? I mean, without
asking him or anything?
TOM: Of course it is! He's probably just too shy to ask us to help
himself.
[ JOEL strolls in, in front of the desk, carrying a "Richie Rich" comic
book in one hand; the other hand is below camera. ]
JOEL: Hey, Tom Servo, I wanted to thank you for letting me borrow your
comic books. I'm done with this one.
TOM: Ah, thank you...Joel, would you care for a delicious vanilla
sugar wafer?
JOEL: Oh, sure, thank you...
[ JOEL reaches in, reaches into the heat lamp's field. He shouts and
shakes his arm. ]
CROW: Ha-hah!
TOM: It worked! Joel, maybe we should have told you, but we put
those delicious vanilla sugar wafers inside a roboticizer field!
CROW: Exactly! We realized what you were trying to tell us, about
the incredible loneliness of being the only human up here and so we
wanted to help you join us in robot-ness.
JOEL: Aw, gee, I really wish you'd asked first, though...and I only
reached in with my hand so...
[ Seltzer spray comes from JOEL's hand; hits TOM, CROW. They yell a
little and run away. ]
JOEL: They're sweet, really...
[ Turns around to reveal a seltzer bottle in his lower hand and the
tube running inside his shirt and out to the nozzle in his hand. ]
JOEL: They're trying to be thoughtful.
[ Mads light flashes ]
JOEL: [ Taking a wafer and nibbling on it. ] What do you think, sirs?

[ D13 ] DR. FORRESTER, TV'S FRANK standing over the laptop. TV'S FRANK
still has the device on.

FORRESTER: Well...I imagine we'll find much, much worse for you in the
future.
TV'S FRANK: Oh, yes...after all, there's a lot of "Sonic the
Hedgehog" fanfiction we've never even seen yet!
FORRESTER: And when that's exhausted...oh, there are so many
series...like "The Transformers"...
TV'S FRANK: Or "Swat Kats"...
FORRESTER: Hmm..."Tale Spin"...
TV'S FRANK: "Tiny Toons"...
FORRESTER: "Thundarr The Barbarian"...
TV'S FRANK: "Turbo Teen"...
FORRESTER: "M*U*S*H"...

[ SOL ]

JOEL: You mean "M*A*S*H," sirs?

[ D13 ]

FORRESTER: [ Chuckling heartily ] Oh, no, no, no...I mean "M*U*S*H"...
look it up sometime...
TV'S FRANK: [ Pointing at the laptop screen ] Hey, look, it's a
"Pandamonium" fanfic!
FORRESTER: Really?
TV'S FRANK: Right there.
FORRESTER: Download it. We may have next week's experiment for
you, Joel...
TV'S FRANK: [ Presses the 'mouse' button. Again the flash and
explosion from his headset and again he passes out. ]
DR. F: I love this computer. Bye-bye. [ Presses button. ]

\ | /
\ | /
--- * --- PWOOOOSH!
/ | \
/ | \

Mystery Science Theater 3000 and its related characters and situations
are trademarks of and Copyright 1997 by Best Brains, Inc. Sonic the
Hedgehog and all related characters are trademarks of and Copyright Sega,
Archie Comics, and DIC. All rights reserved. Use of copyrighted and
trademarked material is for entertainment purposes only; no infringement
on the original copyrights or trademarks held by Best Brains, Inc, Sega,
Archie Comics, or DIC is intended or should be inferred. This MiSTing
is intended solely for personal entertainment and is not meant to be an
insult to the creators or fans of the Sonic the Hedgehog products, and
particularly not to Ryan Huber, who was awfully goodnatured about all
this. The ferret joke is from alt.fan.dave_barry, where that sort of stuff
goes on all the time. The "vole suit?" line is courtesy Rob Haynie, artist,
who takes grasshopper mice personally. The "Your Ovaltine's In My Gold Bond"
line is from the World News Now mailing list. Ask for it by name, which
happens to be the "World News Now Discussion List." Feel free to circulate
(except on Usenet), provided this notice remains intact. And according to
Mr. Huber, Bookshire was the raccoon. The walrus, of course, was Paul.