[MiSTed] The Hollow Earth--McElwaine

jaket...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
My first Misting....Be kind, folks....
Your fellow MiSTie,
Jake Churosh JakeT...@aol.com
\|8^D

>From: mcelw...@aol.com (McElwaine9)

CROW: Oh God. Buckle up, guys.

>Subject: The HOLLOW Earth !
>Date: 15 Sep 1998 00:00:00 GMT
>Newsgroups: sci.geo.geology

TOM: Is this really considered "news?"

> The HOLLOW Earth !
>
> On January 6, 1967, the satellite ESSA-3, in very high
> polar orbit around the Earth, took a remarkable photograph,

MIKE: --Of some guy on a park bench in Toronto picking his nose.

> from straight above the North Polar area, showing a huge
> HOLE, about 1400 MILES in diameter, centered where the North
> Pole should be!

TOM: This was then discovered to be caused by barbecue sauce dripped on the
film while it was being developed.

> The ESSA-7 satellite took an even better quality photo
> of this HOLE on November 23, 1968.

CROW: Oh, he's talking about New York.

> Both photos were published in the book "Secret of the
> Ages--UFO's From Inside the Earth", by Brinsley Le Poer
> Trench, 1977.

MIKE: I think I went to school with a Brinsley Le Poer Trench....

> In 1947, Admiral Richard E. Byrd flew an airplane 1700
> miles into the North Polar ENTRANCE HOLE, where he saw

CROW: I wasn't going to say anything....
MIKE: Then don't.

> forests, lakes, and herds of LIVE MAMMOTHS! In 1956, he flew
> 2300 miles into the South Polar ENTRANCE HOLE and saw the
> SAME kinds of things.

TOM: Maybe he got lost and flew into the North Pole again.

> The book "THE HOLLOW EARTH", by Dr. Raymond Bernard,
> Ph.D., quotes several statements made by Admiral Byrd before,
> during, and after these expeditions, including:
> "I'd like to see that land beyond the Pole. That area
> beyond the Pole is the center of the great unknown.",

MIKE: So....beyond the Pole, then.
TOM: Pretty much.

> February 1947.
> "On January 13, members of the United States expedition
> accomplished a flight of 2700 miles from the base at McMurdo
> Sound, which is 400 miles west of the South Pole, and
> penetrated a land extent of 2300 miles beyond the Pole.",
> January 13, 1956 radio transmission.

CROW: Of course, that could just mean they decided to fly out over the water.

> "The present expedition has opened a vast new land.",
> March 13, 1956.
> "...that enchanted continent in the sky, land of
> everlasting mystery.", 1957.

MIKE: Oh, come on. He could have been talking about anything!

> In 1828, Jens and Olaf Jansen, a father and son team of
> Norwegian fishermen, sailed their fishing boat into the North
> Polar ENTRANCE HOLE, and spent two years living with the

CROW: Wait--how'd they get a fishing boat through all the ice?

> friendly giants who live down there. Their experiences are
> described in the book "The Smoky God", (referring to the

TOM: Who, Joe Camel?

> Earth's CENTRAL SUN), by Willis George Emerson, 1908,

MIKE: So the Earth has central heating, then.

> reprinted in 1965 by Health Research, (a rare-book dealer,
> publisher, and republisher), 8349 Lafayette St., P.O. Box 70,
> Mokelumne Hill, CA 95245. Other editions of this book might
> be available elsewhere.

CROW: Or they might not. Just hope you get lucky.

> The Earth is HOLLOW!

TOM: As previously indicated.

> Its hollow shell is about 1500
> miles thick at the equator, and about 500 miles thick near
> the polar ENTRANCE HOLES. The North Polar ENTRANCE HOLE is
> about 1400 miles in diameter and centered close to the
> Earth's axis of rotation, while the South Polar ENTRANCE HOLE
> is slightly smaller, perhaps 1300 miles in diameter, and

MIKE: What is this obsession with the phrase "ENTRANCE HOLE?"

> somewhat off-center. The ENTRANCE HOLES are usually filled
> up with some kind of fog. At the geometric center of the
> Earth is a glowing ball of plasma, about 600 miles in

TOM: Well, duh, what do you think magma is?

> diameter, which serves as the CENTRAL SUN that warms and
> illuminates the Earth's inner surface. The HOLLOW Earth's
> shell also includes numerous HUGE ELECTRO-LUMINATED INHABITED
> CAVERNS like the one described in Jules Verne's 1864 novel
> "Journey to the Center of the Earth". (See also the book
> "The Under-People", by Eric Norman, 1969.) These locations,

CROW: See also the crappy Pat Boone / James Mason movie.

> including the Earth's inner surface, are home to 25 MILLION
> PEOPLE!

MIKE: And I thought Japan was cramped.

> The "Laws" of physics and gravitation NOTWITHSTANDING,
> People CAN and DO walk on the Earth's INNER surface, just as

CROW: So people are just flies?

> easily as on the outer surface. They might weigh less down
> there, but they are NOT weightless as orthodox physicists
> think they would be. For one thing, the HOLLOW Earth's shell

TOM: Because orthodox methods are automatically flawed.

> is NEITHER uniformly thick NOR uniformly dense. In general,
> geophysicists are MIS-INTERPRETING their seismic data.

MIKE: That's right, what we think are earthquakes are just big underground
riots. CROW: And we're supposed to be MIS-INTERPRETING this whole post as
gospel truth, right?

> For more information, answers to your questions, etc.,
> please consult my CITED SOURCES.

TOM: Most of which I made up or misquoted, but that's beside the point.

> Robert E. McElwaine
> B.S., Physics and Astronomy, UW-EC

CROW: One gets the feeling that B.S. was well-deserved, if you know what I
mean.

> P.S.: PASS IT ON!

MIKE: What, and get other people mad at us? No thank you.

Lori Holuta

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
Fun! I liked that, thanks for the MiSTing! I especially snickered at the
"The Smoky God" riff of Tom's, "Who, Joe Camel?"

You've demonstrated my favorite MSTie trait, the one that allows us to
laugh at and riff our way through the absurdities and weirdness that is
life on Earth.
--
Lori
Official Unofficial Prop Diva of RATMM