(MSTing) The Night Before Christmas

Lurker at Large

Dec 8, 2002, 1:58:00 PM12/8/02
This is my first MSTing, although I've had stories I've written MSTed. I
decided to start out with something short, so, host segments only at the
beginning and end.

(Season 10 Open)

(Satellite of Love. A Charlie Brown type Christmas tree is next to Servo.)

Mike: OK, we've got our tree.
Servo: Tree? I thought it was a decorated dowel rod.
Crow: Yeah, why can't we get a nice fake tree?
Mike: Because, ever since I was a small boy in Wisconsin, we had a live tree.
Crow: I think this barely counts as live.

(Lights flash.)

Mike: Hardrock, Coco, and Joe are calling.

(Castle Forrester. The main hall is well decorated.)

Pearl: There you are, Nelson. We're getting ready to celebrate my favorite time
of year.

(SOL)

Mike: You like Christmas?

(Castle)

Pearl: No, silly. I enjoy watching people fight over the hot toys. And the
disappointed looks on kids faces when they don't get what they wanted.
Bob: She also likes telling kids there's no Santa. Hahaha. If there's no Santa,
who leaves me those bananas each year?
Observer: Bobo, I think we need to talk.
Pearl: Anyway, since I'm in such a good mood, I've decided to send you
something short. The classic holiday poem "The Night Before Christmas". If you
survive, I'll give you a present.

(SOL)

Mike: Really?
Servo: I'd be worried, Nelson. Pearl is never this nice.

(Movie Sign.)

All: We've got Holiday Poem Sign!

(Door sequence. All the doors have wreaths on them.)

>THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Servo: Directed by Tim Burton.

>by Clement Clarke Moore

Mike: Mild Mannered Reporter for a Great Metropolitan Newspaper.

>'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Crow: Mother was calling Father a louse.

>Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

Mike: Someone stole all the spoons.

>The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

Servo: Because the clothes dryer was broken.

>In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

Crow: Nicholas Cage is a good actor, but he's no Saint.

>The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

Mike: Having trouble falling asleep, ready to wake their parents up at 5 am.

>While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

Servo: More like visions of Barbies and Hot Wheels.

>And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,

Crow: Don't mind me, mamma, I just need to blow my nose.

>Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

Mike: Oh, they're hibernating.

>When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

Servo: Rattle rattle thunder clatter boom boom boom.
Crow: Don't worry, call the Car-X man.

>I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Mike: Another NBA Championship for the Lakers.

>Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Crow: Which is what he accidentally did to an old lady walking her dog.

>Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

Servo: Excuse me, Miss America.

>The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Crow: Snow has breasts?
Servo: Wakka-chikka-wow-wow.

>Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,
>When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

Mike: Pink elephants, I shouldn't have finished that six-pack of beer.

>But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

Servo: He's into scale model building.

>With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

All (singing): It's the Little Old Lady from Pasadena.

>I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.
>More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

All: Coursers?

>And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

Mike: Doc, Dopey, Sleepy...
Servo: Larry, Curly, Moe...
Crow: Rowsdower and Fingal.

>"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
>On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!

Servo (singing): But do you recall, the most over-hyped Reindeer of all?

>To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Mike: Watch out for the awning.

>Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

Crow: Mrs. Dash?

>As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
>When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

Servo: So, they cheat on obstacle courses?

>So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,

Servo: What's a courser?

>With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

Crow (as St Nick): How do I shut off all those Chicken Dance Elmos?

>And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
>The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

Mike: If I have to clean off reindeer droppings, Santa's getting spinach next
year, instead of milk and cookies.

>As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,

Crow: I tripped on the dog, fell down the stairs, and tore my pajamas.

>Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

Servo: And set off the home security system.

>He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

Mike: Doesn't he know Fur is Murder?

>And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

Crow: He could use some Scotch Guard.

>A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,
>And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

Servo: Of Marlboros.

>His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
>His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

Crow: His breath smelled of ripple, too.

>His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
>And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

Mike: I offered him some Grecian Formula.

>The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
>And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

Crow: He needed to see his Doctor about The Patch.

>He had a broad face and a little round belly,
>That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

Servo: Smuckers?

>He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

Mike: From Rivendell.

>And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

Crow: I also laughed at The Chevy Chase Show.

>A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
>Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

Servo: Except Stallone.
Crow (as Stallone): I am Da Law.

>He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
>And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

Mike: Steve Martin?

>And laying his finger aside of his nose,

Crow: Better than inside his nose.

>And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

Servo: And got stuck halfway up.
Crow: We called a chimney sweep to get him out of there.

>He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
>And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

Mike: Thither Thuthie That on a Thithle.

>But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

Servo (as Santa): Next year, leave some Milano cookies, not Toll House.

>"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

Crow: And Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, Ramadan...

(They exit the theater.)
(Door segment)
(On the bridge, Mike is looking through a very large dictionary.)

Mike: Let's see, coursers, coursers, coursers. Here we go. Courser, noun. One,
A dog trained for coursing.
Servo: Doesn't sound like reindeer.
Mike: Two, A huntsman.
Crow: That's definitely not it.
Mike: Three, A swift or spirited horse; a racer or a war horse; a charger.
Servo: Talk about artistic license.
Crow: Yeah, they may be swift and spirited, but they're reindeer, not horses.

(Castle Forrester)

Pearl: OK, you managed to survive that. So, I'm sending you up a present. Do
it, Brain Guy.

(Observer sends a box up to the SoL.)

Servo: Open it, Mike.
Crow: Yeah, open it.
Mike: Why don't one of you two open it?
Crow: Because our arms don't work.
Mike: Good reason.

(Mike opens the box.)

Mike: Yanni CDs?
Servo: Roger Corman DVDs?
Crow: Shares of Enron stock?
All: The director's cut of Final Sacrifice?

(Castle Forrester)

Pearl: Merry Christmas, losers.

(End Credits.)

Mystery Science Theater 3000 and related characters are property of Best
Brains. No ownership is claimed.

Keep circulating the Text Files.