[MSTed] An XCOM 2 Faq [3/5]

JoeyLemur

Nov 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/30/95
1...2...3...4...5...6...*

[SOL Bridge]

[Crow is standing here, sandwich in hand, reading a magazine on the desk.
For
no reason adequately explained, Crow suddenly bursts into flame. He
starts
screaming and running around in a panic. Mike and Tom rush onto the
scene.]

TOM: Crow, what's wrong???
MIKE: What do you mean "what's wrong"? It's Spontanious Human
Combustion!

[Crow continues running and screaming. He is becoming quite burnt. Mike
and
Tom turn toward each other, ignoring Crow's plight.]

TOM: What do you mean, "Spontanious Human Combustion"? He's a robot for
cryin' out loud!
MIKE: Well, what else do you want me to call it? I mean, he just burst
into
flames...I've never seen it happen before.
TOM: Maybe he just overheated?
MIKE: Nah...'overheated' just doesn't have the same feel to it. How
about
'SRC' - 'Spontanious Robot Combustion'?
TOM: But aren't we getting over-specific here? Why don't we just say he
caught fire?
MIKE: (looking up in thought) Hmmm...okay. Sounds good.

[Crow stops running in front of Mike and Tom, and just falls apart. Mike
looks
sheepish. The commercial sign light lights up. A shot rang out. The
maid
screamed. [Oops...got carried away.]]

MIKE: Uh...we'll be right back.

[Mike taps the button.]

CROW: (from the floor) Could someone please get me some Solarcane?

[Commercials: Comedy Central promos: Penn Jillete's voice! Like a cheese
grater against your ears!]

[Theater]

[Mike carries Tom in and places him in his seat. Mike sits.]

TOM: Hope Crow'll be okay.

>BUILDING
> Building the soldier is very important. Without good soldiers
you
>are going to loose and loose bad. Soldiers improve all stats except
BRAVERY,
>REACTIONS

MIKE: Violent, uncontrollable reactions.

> and M.C. Strength. All other stats are improved by using that
>stat. If you walk alot and drain alot of energy, you are going to get
>stronger, same as if you shoot alot, your accuracy goes up. If you
manage
>to kill an alien, stats go up more at the end of a mission.

[Crow (remarkably unscathed) hurries into the theater and into his seat.]

MIKE: You okay, Crow?
CROW: Yeah...nothing a little superglue and metal polish can't handle.

>NOTE: Stats don't go up for everyone and after every mission.
> There isn't much to say about soldier building.

TOM: But I'm going to try my damnedest to fill up a page or two about
it.

> The only thing I
can
>say is

MIKE: BLURBULAUUABAUBUBAUBBUBBB!!!

> that instead of an Aquanaut standing still for half the mission
walk
>him HARD.

CROW: (Sergeant's voice) MOVE IT, MAYONNAISE! MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!!

> Heavy loads also improve strength at the cost of less movement

>points for the mission or until weight dropped.
>
>EQUIPING
> This is hard to do.

TOM: (gasping) Comedy is easy...equipping...is hard...

> There are so many weapons to use that you
may
>want to have a Aquanaut cary 20 grenades and a Heavy Canon. Sounds good
>until you get him out and he can't even shoot due to no time units or
your
>number 1 man comes face to face with a Tricene in a terror mission and is

>equiped with a torpedo that doesn't work on land.
> The best combonation is to have every man and woman carry 1
grenade,
>1 particle senser grenade, medkit per 2 persons and exctra ammo per 2
persons.

ALL: (singing) And a partridge in a pear tree!

>At no time should you have both hands filled if using a 2 handed weapon,
it
>decrease accuracy as much a 20%. More on this bellow.

MIKE: (bellowing) HEY! I WANT SOME MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE!!!

>4. BASE INSTALATIONS
>
> The Base is the singal

CROW: Steven Singal?

> most important thing in X-Com :Terror from

>the Deep. If you don't have lots of bases and well thought out bases you

>can't posibly win the game. There are 3 different bases.
>
>Command Center
> This base contains labs, workshops,

TOM: Liquor cabinets...

> X-Com soldiers and subs.
>Basically all aspects of the Base options. You usually end up having 2
of
>these.
>
>Sonar Post
> These bases are bases

MIKE: Just accentuate the obvious there...

> that are used to find Alien UFO's. These
bases
>don't have scientists and technics. They eventually should have
interception
>ability.
>
>Interception Center
> This base is what all bases, except Command Centers will
eventually
>become. It should have 2 Barracudas and should (this is optional but
smart)
>have 6 soldiers to defend the base if attacked.
>
> Actuall base plans and placement are described in the Strategies
>section.
>

>BASE ADDITIONS-
> All the additions that can be added to the base are described
below.

CROW: As opposed to additions that _can't_ be added to the base...

>Air Lock- The Airlock is the first base additions that is placed into
the
>base. It alows access to the Base.
>
>Living Quarters- These are the places that the X-Com Aquanauts,
Technicians
>and Scientist live. Each quarter holds 50 people.
>
>Laboratory- This is where the scientist work. Each lab can have 50
>scientist working in it at a time.
>
>Workshop- The workshop is where the technicians build new technologies
that
>scientist resurch. Can hold 50 techs.
>
>NOTE: You need to own scientists or technicians to beable

TOM: The Tower of Beable?

> to use the
labs or
>shops.
>
>Standard Sonar- This is Sonar that you use to find UFO. This sonar has a
max
>range of 450 KM.
>
>Wide Array Sonar- Same as Standard sonar except it has a range of 700
KM.
>(there is 1.6 KM per mile for you imperial system Americans)

MIKE: Yeah? Well, our system is better than your Imperial Empire.
TOM: (Darth Vader) I have sensed a disturbance in the Force...

>Torpedo Defenses- This is the worst base defense you can buy. It uses
>standard torpedo's to try and drive UFO's away.
>
>Gaus Defenses- This is slightly better that the torpedo defenses.
>
>Sonic Defenses- Uses a Sonic Oscilater to destroy enemy UFO's when
attacking
>your base. Better that Gause.

CROW: But a Band-Aid(tm) beats it hands down!

>P.W.T Defenses- The Pulse Wave Torpedo is the ultimate in base defense.
>
>General Stores- This is where you store your ammo, guns, plastics etc.
You
>need lots of these.

TOM: (Hillbilly) Ye sure do need them General Stores. Need those
places
for us folk to hang out at.

>Alien Containment- This is where you put live aliens when they are
captured.

>You can later resurch these aliens.
>
>M.C Generater-

MIKE: Oh no...a rapper cloner! IT'S THE MUSIC INDUSTRY'S WORSE
NIGHTMARE!!!

> This is used to hinder the Aliens

CROW: Is that anything like pantsing the Aliens?

> when trying to find a
base.
>It maskes the brain waves of your soldiers at the base.
>
>M.C. Lab-

TOM: Here at 3M's Rapper division, we are hard at work, designing new
ways
to annoy people through music.

> This is used to find the MC strength and skill of soldiers. A
>maximum of 10 soldiers can use it at once. It also improves the MC skill

>every month as well.
>
>Transmission Resolver- This is used to find everything about a UFO. The

>type of UFO, the type of Aliens, mission, etc. This is very helpfull in
>determining if you should go after the downed UFO.
>
>Sub Pen-

CROW: Is that another way of describing Teller?

> This is where the subs are held up for the game. The second
>entrance aliens can use to get in your base.
>
> These are all the additions you can add to your base. How to use
and
>place them is in the Strategies section.
>

>5. WEAPONS
> There are lots and lots of weapons.

MIKE: The NRA...hard at work, for you!

> They are all described
below.
>How best to use them is later in the strategies section.
>
>HEAVY WEAPONS UNDERWATER SUBS
>Coelacanth- This is a underwater sub/car that you controll. It has high

>movement points, resists M.C. attacks

TOM: We threw CDs of Ice T, 2 Live Crew, and Vanilla Ice at the ship,
with
minimal hull damage.

> and is very strong. There are
three
>types of Coelacanths. The diferences are in weapon types only.
>
>Gas Canon-Aqua Jet-Gauss

CROW: Say _that_ three times fast!

>Displacer- This is the second, more advanced underwater sub/car that you

>make. It is better than the first in all aspects. It shoots harder
shells.

>Sonic-P.W.T

MIKE: P.W.T.? What the heck is P.W.T.?
TOM: Perfectly Worthless Textfile?

>BASIC SHOOTING WEAPONS-
>
>Dart Gun- This is just a gun that shoots underwater mini harpoons. Does
>little damage (worse than pistol in first game). Get rid of it
imidiatly.

TOM: Make up your mind! Should we get rid of it, intimidate it, or be
intimate with it?

>Can be used on land.
>
>Jet Harpoon Gun- This is an all right gun to start out with. It will
>usually take 2-3 shots with this to kill a Aquatoid. Can be used on
land.

>Gas Canon

CROW: In D minor.

> - This is a good gun but wieghs alot. It can use Armour
Piercing
>shells. Phosphorous shells and high explosive shells.
>
>Hydro Jet Canon- Used only underwater. Does more damage than Gas Canon.

>Uses same ammo as Gas Canon.
>
>Torpedo Launcher- Used only underwater. Fires small and large torpedos
for
>maximum damage. Only problem is that it only shoots straight.
>
>Gauss Pistol- Now we are getting into big time weaponry.

MIKE: (gruff Australian accent) Big Time Weaponry. Filling your empty
mind
with hot lead.

> This is 2wice
as
>powerfull as Dart gun. Used anywhere.
>
>Gauss Rifle- Equivalent to laser gun. It shoots good

TOM: (Redneck) Yeah, it shewts real good, paw!

> and does fair
amount
>of damage. Switch to these as soon as possible.
>
>Heavy Gauss Rifle- More powerfull than gauss. The problem is the wieght
of
>the thing.

CROW: Hence the name 'Heavy Gauss Rifle'.

> Low characters can't use it really well.
>
>Sonic Pistol- The first of the sonic weapons. Does about the same
damage as
>gauss rifle.
>
>Sonic Blasto Rifle- Equivalent to Heavy gauss rifle but doesn't have the
>wieght.

MIKE: (Kirk) Must...RESIST...spellingflame.

>Sonic Canon- The best shooting weapon you can buy.
>
>Disrupter Pulse Launcher- This is a missle type weapon that you can
target for
>where to go and blow up. Does major damage.
>
>Thermal Shock Launcher- This weapon fire a bomb that shocks the Alien.

TOM: It's just a loud speaker blaring speeches of Adolf Hitler.
CROW: See? Even aliens have morals.

Good
>for capturing live aliens.
>
>Thermal Tazer- A stick that shocks an enemy. Not very good since you
must
>walk up to the alien and use it.
>
>Vibro Blade- A weapon that is used for close quarter fighting only.
>
>Thermic Lance & Heavy Thermic Lance- A drill that is used to kill the
enemy
>that is standing besides you.
>
>THROWING WEAPONS

MIKE: Swinging weapons.
TOM: Hitting weapons.
CROW: Kicking weapons.
MIKE: Bending weapons.
TOM: Burning weapons.
CROW: Sticking weapons.
MIKE: I think we've worn that joke out.

>Magna Blast Grenade- The basic starter grenade. Small are of damage.
>
>Magna Pack

CROW: For the flavour you expect from a cigarette.

> Explosive- About 2X the power of the Magna Blast grenade.
>
>Sonic Pulser- Alien grenade. Very powerfull.
>
>Particle Disturbance Grenade. Works like a mine. Walk near it, you or
enemy
>and boom.

TOM: Since when is 'boom' a verb?
CROW: (Marvin the Martian) Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be
an
earthshattering kaboom!

> Not the best for damage.
>
>Dye Grenade- Makes a cloud of bubbles in the water that is supposed to
stop
>alien from seeing you. Problem is, it stops you from seeing the alien
too.

ALL: (Homer) D'oh!
TOM: Coffee break, guys.

[Mike picks up Tom. The all leave to the right.]

...to be continued...

Ed Powell, MSTie #27968, and proud Mac user
http://user.aol.com/joeylemur/
-----
Opinions expressed here are mine. If you don't like it, tough. Welcome
to the Internet, the last free media where involuntary censorship will
never happen.
-----
"Do you want my blood? Do you want my tears? What do you want?"
- Pink Floyd, The Division
Bell
-----