MSTed: In the Spirit 4/5

Mike zimbouski

Mar 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/23/97

[continued from part 3]

the spiritual and the
natural realms became subject to the higher powers of
darkness. Satan immediately began establishing authority

Tom: The first thing he did was start monitoring outgoing phone calls.

and dominion over the first (natural) and the second
(spiritual) heaven. God continued to uphold both the
spiritual and natural elements with His truth hand thru the
power of Jesus Christ.

Mike: I'd ask what he was doing with his false hand, but there's no sense
dragging Pee Wee Herman jokes into this.

Through the death of sin and the resurrection of Jesus
Christ, God has imputed to us a perfect covering. The
perfection of righteousness that we enjoy enables us
to defeat the enemy in the name of Jesus.

Mike: Enemy?
Crow: Suddenly it's _Henry V_.

God desires
that we be strong through warfare and that warfare involves
taking back all the supernatural high places of the enemy.

All: Uhhhh....
Mike: Gee, Davy...
Tom: I think it's safe to say we've entered Whole Weird Area County, guys.
Crow: <Jello Biafra> o/~ Spiritual warfare! Spiritual warfare! Spiritual
warfare, warfare, war-_fare_! o/~

We pray in the natural and our spirit warreth

All: Hee hee hee...
Mike: Warreth!
Tom: Yes, Captain Picard!
Mike: <giggles> Go down to 10-Forward and beat the crap out of that Hare
Krishna that's been bugging everyone.
Tom: Yes, sir!
<All resume giggling>

with the spoken
Word in the spiritual dimension. The more that we are called
to intervene through prayer, the more likely we are to see
visions of the other side.

Tom: Time to go, guys.
Mike: See you on the other side, Ray.

[1...2...3...4...5...6....]

[SOL. Mike is leaning up against the console, idly fiddling with a deck of
cards. Crow comes on R.]

Crow: Hey, uh, Mike?
Mike: Yah, Crow?
Crow: I was wondering...do you believe in God?
Mike: <shifts uncomfortably> You know, Crow, I wish you wouldn't ask me stuff
like that.
Crow: Well, why not?
Mike: Look, I don't know what kinds of conversations you guys used to have
befo [Are I got here, but as for me, I'm just not a big fan of dealing with
the imponderables of existence, you know what I mean? I mean, me, I'm a
beer-and-cigars kind of guy, plain and simple. I mean, plant me in the papasan
with a plate full of Ballpark franks and put on the World Series and I'm a
happy man, you know what I'm saying? I leave the cosmic stuff to the
philosophers, the charlatans, and the wingnuts. You understand?
Crow: Yeah, I guess.
[Tom comes on L.]
Tom: Hey, uh, Mike, what do you think the ultimate meaning of life is?
Mike: [rubs his face] Aw, man, you guys are giving me a headache. I already
said I don't like to think about questions like that. Didn't Whatsisname
program you two to take a hint?
Tom: Sorry. Sheesh!
[Gypsy comes up behind Crow.]
Gypsy: Mike?
Mike: [sighs] Yeah, Gypsy.
Gypsy: Are you afraid of confronting the essential meaninglessness of your
existence, and by extension, the insignificance of humanity's place in the
universe?
[Both 'bots turn and gawk at Gypsy. Mike slumps over the console and shakes
his head.]
Magic Voice: Commercial sign in fifteen seconds. Hey, Mike?
Mike: [not raising his head] What? What?
Magic Voice: Who do you like in the Final Four this year?
Mike: [stands up, smiling] Magic Voice, if you had a body, I'd kiss you.
Magic Voice: Ooh, baby.
Mike: Anyway, I think Kansas is gonna do it this year.
Crow: Oh, you're high! Wake Forest's got it locked!
Mike: <snort> Wake Forest? Is your headpiece on too tight or something?
Magic Voice: Commercial sign in five...four...three...two...one...Commercial
sign now.

[Commercials]

[6...5...4...3...2...1...]

Tom: I'm still pulling for UNC myself.
Mike: <snickering> Wake Forest.

Because the spiritual and the natural

Crow: That reminds me. You know, guys, things could be worse.
Mike & Tom: How??
Crow: Every time you see the word "natural" just be grateful there isn't a
"Mr. B" in front of it.
Mike: (to Tom) What the hell is he talking about?
Tom: Bask in your ignorance, my son.

are like opposites
that mirror each other, the symbols of the spiritual as
interpreted by the natural

Tom: You know, Crow, you're right. This post seems downright tolerable to me
now.
Crow: I'm telling you.

mind are actually realities in the
spirit realm. A Garden of Eden has existed and within it
there were trees

Tom: <exasperated> And in the trees there were leaves, and in the leaves there
were conifers...
Crow: Conifer? I hardly know her! Ha!

and in that place there grew

Mike: <stoner voice> Some kind bud, man!
All: Whoo!

the tree of the
knowledge of good and evil and the tree of everlasting life.

Crow: God had thought about putting in a Tree of Cherry Pez, but it just
didn't have the same ring.

These trees are a reality in the spiritual world but to the
natural mind they are symbolic. (They are symbolic
realities.)

Mike: You guys, I'm scared. This post is starting to make sense to me.
Crow: Oh God. Talk him down, Tom!
Tom: Alright, Mike, there's nothing to be scared of. You don't really
understand what he's talking about.
Mike: I don't?
Tom: Nope, not one word.
Mike: But--symbolic realities! I know what that means!
Tom: Look, just because this guy latched onto one half-decent concept that is
occasionally used by superior writers trying to blend the mythic and real
worlds doesn't mean the cheese hasn't completely slipped off his cracker.
Crow: Remember, Mike, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Mike: You think so?
Tom: Absolutely. Now, concentrate on something else.
Crow: Think Nuveena.
Mike: Nuveena...
Tom: <whispers> Drew Barrymore.
Mike: Drew...
Crow: Phyllis Schlafly
Mike: Phyllis...uh? <Shudders violently> Damn it, Crow!
Crow: Hee hee hee...<Mike rips Crow's arm off> OW!

Some dreams contain important messages from

Crow: I was just having a little fun.
Mike: I'm not talking to you for the rest of this post.

God to our spirit. Our mind comprehends this mystery of
God through symbols in dream images. Some dreams
are unimportant and are only images that the spirit man
is moving through.
The Spirit of God will witness to our spirit whether the

Mike: Chewing gum loses its flavor on the bedpost overnight.

symbols in a dream are relevant to our daily life or not.
Remember the numerous dreams written in the Bible. This
revelation on dreams is there for our understanding of

Tom: Why the substitue gym teacher makes me feel funny.

spiritual things.

Crow: Oh, my favorite Albert Ayler album.

ON CONTROL

The human has a spirit a soul and a body of flesh.

Mike: A noun is a person, place, or thing!

Various things make up the soul, such as

Mike: A stone groove.
Tom: The Muscle Shoals rhythm section.
Crow: A contract with Atlantic Records.
Tom: Once upon a time.

mind, will and
emotions.

Tom: Bacon, eggs and cheese.
Crow: Lambert, Hendricks and Ross.
Mike: Mother, Jugs and Speed.
Crow: Um, guys? Is this funny?
Tom: Um...sure, in an absurdist, non-sequitur sort of way. Maybe.
Crow: Hmph.

The soul is not the brain but

Crow: It plays one on "Falcon Crest".

the workings of
the brain are incorporated into the soul's territory. The
computer is a like a mirror image of the brain or like a
shadow of the brain.
Much like God creating man as a shadow of Himself, the
computer is made by man and is contrived with the
subjectivity of being

Tom: I swear that was the name of one of Hume's treatises.

a shadow of the mind. The computer
is an extra appendage for man.

Mike: Jesus, Warlord, put that thing away!

I say these things about the computer so you can

Crow: Gnaw through our own intestines.

[continued in part 5]
--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late." --Mekons
"We are experiencing sensational difficulties."--Marcy's Threshhold