[MISTED] Orgy of the Dead (1/10)

Joe Blevins

Jun 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/28/98
orgy1.txt

Brandon Blackmoor

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

OK, I've seen Orgy of the Dead, and I just have to say that this movie is
too bad to be MSTied. The MSTied script is pretty funny, but I do not think
anyone could bear to sit through this movie with the expectation of enjoying
themselves. It is softcore porn at its most dreary. Bleh.

BBlackmoor

Mike Czaplinski

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

Isn't *ALL* softcore porn dreary by it's very definition?

Mike "Or have I said too much?" Czaplinski
mihcael.czaplinski<at>washingtoncd.rcn.moc

Joe Blevins

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

IN DEFENSE OF "ORGY OF THE DEAD"

Okay, I admit that one shouldn't watch "Orgy of the Dead" without
liberal use of the fast-forward button, but the movie _is_ worth
watching. The dialogue scenes are priceless. And some of the dances
transcend badness. (Coleen O'Brien is actually pretty sexy, IMHO.)

The movie stands apart from the glut of bad softcore films simply
because it's so strange -- the music, the sets, the acting, etc. That's
why it has a cult following.

This is the one movie in which you'll want to fast forward _through_ the
nudity to get to the talking scenes. The nude scenes are repititious,
anyway. Once each girl gets topless, she doesn't remove any more
clothing. Then, she dances around spastically for what seems like
forever. (It's not erotic at all.) Over the course of the movie, this
does get to be taxing, but the movie is not without merit.

Taken in small doses and with plenty of fast-forwarding, this movie can
be highly enjoyable.

MiSTies should give it a chance.

--Joe--

Aphthakid

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

IN DEFENSE OF "HOBGOBLINS"

Okay, I admit that one shouldn't watch "Hobgoblins" without a pair of
wise-cracking robots. But the tape makes an excellent coaster and could also be
used to prop up a deformed table leg. Or a deformed human leg, if that's your
problem.