mystery science news

Melissa Lupton

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96

On 14 Mar 1996, Juliewa wrote:

> after a long run on comedy central it=92s official -- yesterday cc told u=
> they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that
> they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to loo=
> for a new home for mystery science theater 3000. =20

(Q reads this and does magnificent backflip)

YAHOO!!!=20

Sorry if this disappoints anyone hoping they'd stick with CC, but MST
is too darn good for them!! Wow...no more "Martin Tupper is a divorced
guy" commercials...=20

> the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
> are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
> us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:
>=20
> Monia Joblin
> VP, Current Programming
> 2048 Century Park East, Suite 2550
> Los Angeles, CA 90067-3217
>=20
> Barry Schulman
> VP, Programming
> 1230 Avenue of the Americas
> New York, NY 10020-1513

=20
I agree! Mike, jess, all you letter-writing fiends...=20

>=20
> the future is looking bright, with the movie coming out april 19, the boo=
> out april 1 (we got our copies today and they look great!) and the cd due
> out in the fall. in addition we have the 2nd conventioCon this labor day=
.
> we=92ll figure out a way to keep making mst3k =96 even if it means getti=
ng
> them to the fans directly through video!

Heh heh - I could live with this, although I hope it doesn't come to=
=20
that...

Q at USC

Rocky (again?): Don't fool yourself. There's about a one-in-a-million=20
chance we'll ever be seen.

Crow: Oh, they're on Comedy Central?=20

Bill Livingston

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
In article <4i9vpj$k...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jul...@aol.com (Juliewa) wrote:
>after a long run on comedy central it’s official -- yesterday cc told us

>they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that
>they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to look

>for a new home for mystery science theater 3000.
>
>the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
>are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
>us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:
>
>Monia Joblin
>VP, Current Programming
>2048 Century Park East, Suite 2550
>Los Angeles, CA 90067-3217
>
>Barry Schulman
>VP, Programming
>1230 Avenue of the Americas
>New York, NY 10020-1513
>
>the future is looking bright, with the movie coming out april 19, the book

>out april 1 (we got our copies today and they look great!) and the cd due
>out in the fall. in addition we have the 2nd conventioCon this labor day.
> we’ll figure out a way to keep making mst3k - even if it means getting

>them to the fans directly through video!
>
>julie walker
>best brains

Well, this is the culmination of where we knew it was heading all along. While
it means I've got to invest in a DSS becuase thelocal evil cavle company doesn't
carry the Sci-Fi Channel, in the long run I think it will be a good thing for
all involved, fans & BBI alike.

Bill L.
57776

PS: To Ms Wa: In case you haven't heard it enough, we RATMMers really appreciate
the way you keep us all informed, particularly since you're already busy with
other duties. Our hats are off to you! 8-]

bi...@Traveller.COM http://www.Traveller.COM/~bill
Best if Used by Date on Label

Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
t...@umich.edu (Tammy Stephanie Davis) writes:
>In article <4iaclu$p...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, M Sampo <msa...@aol.com> wrote:

>:>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

>:I think that's PRECISELY what it means.

>Oh cool! Now I can finish making arrangements for that isolated nuclear
>strike of CC headquarters.

Groovy, Tammy. Let's make a party out of it.

I'll bring the plutonium.

--thor

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH, ATOMIC BOMBS ARE YOUR ANSWER TO *EVERYTHING*!

--King Dinosaur

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
t...@umich.edu (Tammy Stephanie Davis) writes:

>YES!! YES!! YES!! FABULOUS! OUR NATION NIGHTMARE HAS COME TO
>AN END!
> --TSD(Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!)

As Tammy does the Dance of Joy off into the sunset, a quiet lone figure
walks into the shadows softly sobbing to himself.
thor does not get the Sci-Fi channel.

--thor (And what's up with refering to myself in the third person?)

Tammy Stephanie Davis

Martin Wagner

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
WWAAAAAA-HHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Ahem, er, um, excuse me, heh. :}

PS COMEDY CENTRAL BITE ME!!!!!

--
Martin Wagner
hep...@eden.com

Servotron

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
> jul...@aol.com (Juliewa) writes:
> after a long run on comedy central it’s official -- yesterday cc told us
> they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that
> they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to look
> for a new home for mystery science theater 3000.

Well, that's certainly better than limbo!! IMO, this is among the best things
that could have happened, especially since I doubt CC, even were they to
buy more episodes, would put them in a good timeslot and not mess with them.

> the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
> are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
> us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:

Hey, it couldn't be worse, and anyway, the Sci Fi Channel doesn't have a
problem showing the entire run of "The Amazing Spider-Man" a few times
a year, so finding room for the show should be a cinch!

> the future is looking bright, with the movie coming out april 19, the book
> out april 1 (we got our copies today and they look great!) and the cd due
> out in the fall. in addition we have the 2nd conventioCon this labor day.
> we’ll figure out a way to keep making mst3k – even if it means getting
> them to the fans directly through video!

This is the first I've heard about the CD... I assume it's like the Play MST
for me tapes, only shinier? To put it delicately, how far . . . back will the
CD reach to find material?

Servotron, Destroyer of Worlds
<bryan....@co.hennepin.mn.us>
. . . who is wondering which other channels the package with Comedy
Central shares on his cable bill . . .

DynaYellow

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
Two questions:

1. Do you think the new station will pick up the rights to the now-"lost"
episodes (i.e. most of 'em)?

And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

Joy!
-Bill
"What was I thinking? What was I, blind?"
-Christine Lavin

Juliewa

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
>>This is the first I've heard about the CD... I assume it's like the Play
MST
for me tapes, only shinier? To put it delicately, how far . . . back will
the
CD reach to find material?>>

it isn't a music cd. it'll be similar to the kind of stuff you find on
the monty phython's complete waste of time cd. screen savers, games,
stuff about the show, etc.

juliewa

Juliewa

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
>>1. Do you think the new station will pick up the rights to the
now-"lost"
episodes (i.e. most of 'em)?>>

not likely. that would be *very* expensive. we're talking new shows.
the old eps are likely gone forever once they've been shown on cc. except
for the public domain eps. those might surface again.

>>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?>>

i'll leave that up to you.

juliewa

M Sampo

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

I think that's PRECISELY what it means.

Sampo
I've undergone a complex personal evolution wherein painful confusion has
given way to what I like to think of as some degree of wisdom, culminating
in my current Zarathustrian sense of self. Is that it?

man...@stsci.edu

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
In article <4iaad1$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jul...@aol.com (Juliewa) writes:
>>>1. Do you think the new station will pick up the rights to the
> now-"lost"
> episodes (i.e. most of 'em)?>>
>
> not likely. that would be *very* expensive. we're talking new shows.
> the old eps are likely gone forever once they've been shown on cc. except
> for the public domain eps. those might surface again.

Also keep in mind that SciFi already has the rights to a big chunk of the
movies. (The Sandy Frank collection is an example as are the Corman movies)
Perhaps this will ease things a bit?
Even if it doesn't, it's still great news because it means you'll have to do
a full-length season this year. hah!

stev...@pressenter.com man...@stsci.edu

>>>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?>>

Juliewa

Jim Carpenter

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
|>the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
|>are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
|>us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:

Damn! Damn! Damn!! I DON'T GET THE SCI-FI CHANNEL!!!

But I will...as God is my judge I will. And I will rise above this CC
wasteland, to a higher...er...sorry...

Cool news!!
Jim Carpenter
jim...@wco.com

Richard S Johnson

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
On 14 Mar 1996, Juliewa wrote:

> after a long run on comedy central it=92s official -- yesterday cc told u=

> they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that

> they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to loo=
> for a new home for mystery science theater 3000. =20
>=20

> the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
> are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
> us! If you agree, please drop them a note!

WOO-HOO!!!! This is great! If it happens, MST will have a network that=20
will finally give it the respect it deserves. AND I'M FREE TO WHOLEHEARTEDL=
Y=20
*HATE* COMEDY CENTRAL!!!! AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!.......
"Well, I think it's ironic that for once, Dad's butt PREVENTED the=20
release of poison gas." -Bart Simpson

Martin Wagner

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96

> This is the first I've heard about the CD... I assume it's like the Play MST
> for me tapes, only shinier? To put it delicately, how far . . . back will the
> CD reach to find material?

It's not a music CD, it's the CD-ROM from Voyager. Supposedly contains a
couple of MST-ed shorts, a "DOOM-like game," and presumably many other
interactive goodies.

Dave Van Domelen

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
In article <hepcats-1403...@net-1-062.austin.eden.com>,

Martin Wagner <hep...@eden.com> wrote:
>It's not a music CD, it's the CD-ROM from Voyager. Supposedly contains a
>couple of MST-ed shorts, a "DOOM-like game," and presumably many other
>interactive goodies.

Well, since I don't get CC and don't get SFC, I suppose I'll go for a
sweep and guess that the MST CDROM won't be available for the Mac. Sigh.

Dave Van Domelen, Wintel's monopoly would be broken overnight if
everything came out for both Windows AND Macs...but the monopoly currently
makes sure this ain't gonna happen.

Tammy Stephanie Davis

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
In article <4iaclu$p...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, M Sampo <msa...@aol.com> wrote:
:>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?
:

:I think that's PRECISELY what it means.

Oh cool! Now I can finish making arrangements for that isolated nuclear
strike of CC headquarters.

--TSD(Let us all give Comedy Central a great, big "BITE ME!")

Blair Dillman

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
In <4i9vpj$k...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> jul...@aol.com (Juliewa) writes:

>after a long run on comedy central it’s official -- yesterday cc told us

>they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that

>they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to look

>for a new home for mystery science theater 3000.

You know, I finally got off my lazy butt and wrote a letter to Uncle Doug at
CC today. All those recent Czaplinski pep talks did the trick! Then I
sealed the envelope, dropped it in the mailbox, and read this. Oh, well.
Maybe I can pry off that 32-cent stamp and use it for my Sci-Fi Channel
letter.

>the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
>are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for

>us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:

>Monia Joblin
>VP, Current Programming
>2048 Century Park East, Suite 2550
>Los Angeles, CA 90067-3217

>Barry Schulman
>VP, Programming
>1230 Avenue of the Americas
>New York, NY 10020-1513

Fear not, I'm firing up my word processor again! This time, I'm not going
to sit around and make excuses for not writing! Follow my example, folks!

> we’ll figure out a way to keep making mst3k – even if it means getting
>them to the fans directly through video!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the spirit!

-Blair Dillman
br...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu

Ralph Castaneda

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Woo-Hoo! U-S-A! U-S-A! I jumped for joy and nearly freaked everyone here
out! This is the greatest news! The shackles of that unfunny "Comedy"
channel have finally been broken. I can't wait to see what wonderful
things BBI has in store for us now! Woo-Hoo!

Your pal,

Ralph

Ralph Castaneda, Jr. |"Horses are what we ride!"
MiSTie #41293 | -MST3K (Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell

Christine Malcom

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Melissa Lupton <lup...@castor.usc.edu> wrote:
>On 15 Mar 1996, jnevins wrote:
>> tell them to anybody who e-mails me, doing them to Doug Herzog or anybody
>> involved with CC would just be wrong. No, really.
>
> And in local news tonight, police are baffled by what appears to be
>the most bizarre suicide in recorded history - apparently a one Doug
>Herzog, president of Comedy Central and denture wearer, exploded at
>roughly 2am eastern standard time.
>
> Details are sketchy, but coroner jess nevins says Mr Herzog had large

Oh *thanks* Q! Let *jess* be the coroner again...no no...just because I've
studied forensics with Robert Kirschner and spent the last 22 weeks figuring
out how to most effectively play with dead things...that's FINE!

>traces of hamdingers in his system, and police reportedly found several
>pink flamingoes scattered on Mr Herzog's front lawn. Lieutenant Christine
>Malcolm, when reached for comment, denied allegations that she was a
>floozy.

Oooh! I get to be a COP (I shoulda read further) Dad would like that. And
as for a floozy business I have only this to say:

*I* did it in the ballroom, the billiard room, the lounge the kitchen, the
conservatory, the study, the library, the dining room, the hall AND the
rumpus room with anyone I could get my hands on.

> A spokesman for Comedy Central told this reporter that they had
>obtained a videotape of the explosion and would be running it as a
>miniseries in the fall - quote: "heck, it's funnier than 95% of our
>programming already."

And how!

> On a national level, when reached for comment, vice president Al
>Gore was said to be "chuckling quietly to himself..."
>
>Q at USC
>can I wish them into the cornfield now?? can I???

You can do *anything* you want, darlin'

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)
Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman is really leaving today...she promises
"I didn't mean it when I said I hope the cable in the elevator snaps when you
step on board. And I was joking when I said I hope you crack your head and
get mangled by the downstairs revolving door. And I was kidding when I said I
hope the #103 bus hits and makes a pancake out of you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry,
isn't it amazing what a woman in love will do?" Christine Lavin

jnevins

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
msa...@aol.com (M Sampo) writes:

>>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

>I think that's PRECISELY what it means.

I'd just like to remind people that, although I know all sorts of nasty
things to do via e-mail, snail mail, and in real life, and am willing to

tell them to anybody who e-mails me, doing them to Doug Herzog or anybody
involved with CC would just be wrong. No, really.

jess

Mike Czaplinski

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
br...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Blair Dillman) wrote:

> In <4i9vpj$k...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> jul...@aol.com (Juliewa) writes:
>
> >after a long run on comedy central it’s official -- yesterday cc told us
> >they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that
> >they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to look
> >for a new home for mystery science theater 3000.
>
> You know, I finally got off my lazy butt and wrote a letter to Uncle Doug at
> CC today. All those recent Czaplinski pep talks did the trick! Then I
> sealed the envelope, dropped it in the mailbox, and read this. Oh, well.
> Maybe I can pry off that 32-cent stamp and use it for my Sci-Fi Channel
> letter.

Let me just point out that resusing postage is WRONG!

Of course, if it is a Federal Crime, and they convict you and send
you to Leavenworth, it would be quite embarassing...

> >the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
> >are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
> >us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:
>
> >Monia Joblin
> >VP, Current Programming
> >2048 Century Park East, Suite 2550
> >Los Angeles, CA 90067-3217
>
> >Barry Schulman
> >VP, Programming
> >1230 Avenue of the Americas
> >New York, NY 10020-1513
>
> Fear not, I'm firing up my word processor again! This time, I'm not going
> to sit around and make excuses for not writing! Follow my example, folks!

I am, Master, I am.

I just sent an email to their website (which asks you what department
you want to sent the message to, including PROGRAMMING), and I called
and got the Fax number for their programming department (quite easily,
I might add).

I posted it seperately, but once again, the fax number is:

(212) 765-7258

Be enthusiastic but short on faxed letters: if we deluge them with
long, lauditory letters, that could conceivably alienate them.

Mike "It's not over, but there is a light in the distance" Czaplinski
mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com

Mike Czaplinski

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
As previously related by Juliewa:

:Barry Schulman

:VP, Programming
:1230 Avenue of the Americas
:New York, NY 10020-1513

Main telephone number: 1-212-408-9100
(the person who answered the phone was much more pleasant
than the receptionist at CC, BTW...)

Fax # for Sci-Fi Channel Programming: 1-212-765-7258.

As always, keep your letters polite (and for this one, short). Let them
know that we are pleased as punch that they are considering picking
up the show, and encourage them to do so.

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't have Sci-Fi Channel: WRITE YOUR
CABLE COMPANY!

Mike "Maybe Rhonda Shear can show up as Nuuveena's roomate...."
Czaplinski
mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com

Mike Czaplinski

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
dynay...@aol.com (DynaYellow) wrote:

> Two questions:

> 1. Do you think the new station will pick up the rights to the now-"lost"
> episodes (i.e. most of 'em)?

Speculation: Unlikely: even though the movie rights are lost, I
imaging that BBI and HBO/Downtown still own the rights to the rest
of the content, and it's unlikely they'll release it.

I could be (and I hope I am) wrong, though....

> And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

In my personal opinion:

HELL YEAH!

I've already told them in numerous letters that except for MST3K
they've pretty much lost me as a viewer due to their lack of foresight
and their downright belligerent and condescending attitude to their
viewers in general, and toward MST3K in particular.

The best thing to do?

Ignore them. They're beneath our attention now.

Mike "Of course, you should all email or write Sci-Fi Channel and
ask them nicely to please pick up MST3K..." Czaplinski
mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com

Mike Czaplinski

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
man...@stsci.edu wrote:

> > now-"lost"
> > episodes (i.e. most of 'em)?>>
> >
> > not likely. that would be *very* expensive. we're talking new shows.
> > the old eps are likely gone forever once they've been shown on cc. except
> > for the public domain eps. those might surface again.
>
> Also keep in mind that SciFi already has the rights to a big chunk of the
> movies. (The Sandy Frank collection is an example as are the Corman movies)
> Perhaps this will ease things a bit?
> Even if it doesn't, it's still great news because it means you'll have to do
> a full-length season this year. hah!

Nothing is yet assured with the Sci-Fi Channel, folks!

They're just thinking about it.

Everyone should email or write them and ask them to do it.

Mike "Then we can party like it's 1999 at my swingin' batchelor pad!"
Czaplinski
mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com

Mike Czaplinski

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
ral...@uclink2.berkeley.edu (Ralph Castaneda) wrote:

> Woo-Hoo! U-S-A! U-S-A! I jumped for joy and nearly freaked everyone here
> out! This is the greatest news! The shackles of that unfunny "Comedy"
> channel have finally been broken. I can't wait to see what wonderful
> things BBI has in store for us now! Woo-Hoo!

Hold on there, Ralph.

The deal with Sci-Fi/USA is NOT done at all. It's just in the initial
stages.

Write to Sci-Fi and let them know you want them to pick up MST3K,
and if you don't get Sci-Fi, write your local cable company.

Mike "Celebrate when things are truly closed, not yet" Czaplinski
mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com

Ed Dravecky III

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
DynaYellow (dynay...@aol.com) wrote:
> And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

When the heck were we *NICE* to CC?

What it means is that now we can BURY them!

(Call your cable operator TODAY and demand Sci-Fi! If they say that
they're out of channels, suggest that they remove CC as all it shows
is moldy reruns and that they're losing PI and MST. Goodbye CC!)
--
Ed Dravecky III is: = "Great Scott, turtles!" Benton Fraser, RCMP
dshe...@netcom.com = *(Watch "Due South" Friday at 8/7c on CBS)*

Mike Czaplinski

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
tho...@csulb.edu (Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor) wrote:

> t...@umich.edu (Tammy Stephanie Davis) writes:
> >In article <4iaclu$p...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, M Sampo <msa...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >:>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?
>
> >:I think that's PRECISELY what it means.
>
> >Oh cool! Now I can finish making arrangements for that isolated nuclear
> >strike of CC headquarters.
>

> Groovy, Tammy. Let's make a party out of it.
>
> I'll bring the plutonium.

"Party at Ground Zero
All the mutants are in tune.
And the world will just dissolve into a pink mushroom"

Mike "Doin' the dance of death!" Czaplinski
mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com

DynaYellow

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
For those who worry about the Sci-Fi Channel's availability: in 1997, it's
supposed to become the exclusive national distributor for Star Trek (TOS),
so hopefully, this will help pick up it's subscribers.

And if nothing else,"Keep circulating the tapes"

Doug Elrod

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
In article <dsheldonD...@netcom.com>, dshe...@netcom.com (Ed

Dravecky III) wrote:
> (Call your cable operator TODAY and demand Sci-Fi! If they say that
> they're out of channels, suggest that they remove CC as all it shows
> is moldy reruns and that they're losing PI and MST. Goodbye CC!)
> --
> Ed Dravecky III is: = "Great Scott, turtles!" Benton Fraser, RCMP
> dshe...@netcom.com = *(Watch "Due South" Friday at 8/7c on CBS)*
Hold your horses, Buckaroo! We still haven't seen Episode #706 yet.
-Doug Elrod (dr...@cornell.edu)
(but as soon as CC drops MST3K, I'm *in the middle of a long line*
at the Cable Company dropping my Comedy Central Tier!)
"We've got to get out of this place,
if it's the last thing we ever do.
We've got to get out of this place.
Make a better life,
for me and you!"

DavidLGold

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
In article <4iba8k$7...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, gb...@aol.com (GB8B) writes:

>The author of this post is not looking forward to Trying to get a
satellite dish

If you're not having any luck with your cable company (if you *have*
cable), just get one of those inexpensive DSS satellite systems. They're
down to about $500 now, and you get to pick and choose your programming.

<Dave>

Joel Thomas Ruggaber

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
dynay...@aol.com (DynaYellow) writes:

>Two questions:

>1. Do you think the new station will pick up the rights to the now-"lost"
>episodes (i.e. most of 'em)?

Boy, do I ever hope so.

>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

Were we ever? I know *I* wasn't...
>-Bill
Tim Lehnerer
from a friend's account

Melissa Lupton

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96

On 15 Mar 1996, jnevins wrote:

> msa...@aol.com (M Sampo) writes:
> >>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

> >I think that's PRECISELY what it means.
>

> I'd just like to remind people that, although I know all sorts of nasty
> things to do via e-mail, snail mail, and in real life, and am willing to
> tell them to anybody who e-mails me, doing them to Doug Herzog or anybody
> involved with CC would just be wrong. No, really.
> jess

And in local news tonight, police are baffled by what appears to be
the most bizarre suicide in recorded history - apparently a one Doug
Herzog, president of Comedy Central and denture wearer, exploded at
roughly 2am eastern standard time.

Details are sketchy, but coroner jess nevins says Mr Herzog had large

traces of hamdingers in his system, and police reportedly found several
pink flamingoes scattered on Mr Herzog's front lawn. Lieutenant Christine
Malcolm, when reached for comment, denied allegations that she was a

floozy. A spokesman for Comedy Central told this reporter that they had

obtained a videotape of the explosion and would be running it as a
miniseries in the fall - quote: "heck, it's funnier than 95% of our
programming already."

On a national level, when reached for comment, vice president Al

Juliewa

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
>> Well, since I don't get CC and don't get SFC, I suppose I'll go for a
sweep and guess that the MST CDROM won't be available for the Mac. Sigh>>

dave! it'll be dual format! there's something good eh??

juliewa

John Nevins

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
My MSTing: Right or Wrong

In article <42m0sp$p...@heidelberg.rutgers.edu>,

Crow: I hope this guy got a really disfiguring duelling scar
there.

drid...@ix.netcom.com ((Paul Passmore-[Visa]

Tom: (announcer's voice) If you're going to the Internet, take
your Web browser, take your Guide to Netiquette,
and take your Paul Passmore Visa, because the
Information Superhighway doesn't take to newbies,
and it doesn't take American Express.

-or- Dennis Rideout) )

Crow: (singing) round-em up raw-HIDE!

writes: HAVE CHRIST'S WORDS "PAST AWAY"?

Mike: (singing Buddy Holly-style) "Words is words, and not
past away..."

Luke 21:33 (KJS) Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my word
shall not pass away.

Crow: (Scandahoovian voice) Some Moxie would probably clear
that up right away, now, dear - it keeps you
regular, doncha know.

There is a curious parado; resistance to moral law seems to
boomerang "back-atcha!"

Mike: HEY! (makes gesture) Right back-atcha yourself, pal!

somehow, as Jesus Makes clear in his Divine Definition of
Condemnation: John 3:19 (KJS) And this is the condemnation, that
light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than
light, because their deeds were evil.

Crow: Y'know, we're only a paragraph into this post, and I
hate it already.

Someone has said that the Real Gospel, when Truly preached, Coneys
the Fumes

Tom: He's telling us! You should *smell* Brooklyn during the
summer...

of Death-Conviction as well as the Perfumed Mercy of Grace's Hope.

Tom: The new scent - from Elizabeth Taylor!

How can this be? Well, it is sometimes wise to handle one
conundrum with an equally baffling riddle for simple comparison:

Mike: But don't forget to seal it in an airtight enigma
sandwich bag - new, from Hefty.

"Is a Word Spoken till It's Heard?"; that is, "is God's Word
REALLY His Word when not Heard?"

Tom: Oh, I get it - it's a Zen riddle!
Crow: Like, "If an idiot posts some incoherent Biblical
nonsense, but nobody reads it, is it still
annoying?"

Isai 55:11 (KJS) So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my
mouth: it shall not retun unto me void,

Crow: Return his void??? EEEEWWWWWW!

but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper
[in the thing] whereto I sent it.

Crow: Oh, how I wish Ambrose Bierce could be with us right
now...

God states very plainly [in a number of places] that His Word is
His "Seed" [Greek = "Sperma"],

Crow: Hey Mike - does that mean that God--
Mike: (places hand over Crow's mouth) I don't think you should
go there, Crow.

and that It Is Alive with His Life.

Tom: God's Word - the Freshmaker!

How is it, then, that man is actually able to "set-aside" God's
Living-Word as though it is "naught", "vain" and "void"? CAN He??

Tom: (screaming) WELL???

Why des God Speak? "Well, silly... to be HEARD, of course" Oh?
But man actually contra-Dicts God's Word[-s]!

Crow: What, did Mary Daly write this?

Is this possible?

Mike: You mean, can this man write any more incoherently? I
hope not...

When man "handles" God's Living-Word with his carnal reasoning and
his deceitful motives, God's Word "comes to nothing"; dies!

Crow: Tom, Mike, do you think this guy has ever known the
touch of a woman?
Mike: Crow! What kind of a question is that?
Tom: No, Mike, I think Crow's on to something here. Just look
at how he drools all over the word "handles."

But God's Living-Word =>IS<= Life for man! Indeed, Jesus Says we
are to Ask [and acknowledge] God for "DAILY BREAD from Heaven!"

Tom: Uh, would that be the Divine Rye, the Angelic White, or
the Heavenly Whole Wheat? Crusts or no crusts?

As Christ's FIRST Post-Batisma Utterance Declares ["It is Written"
X 3!;

Crow: X 3? You sank my battleship!!!

Matt 4:4 (KJS) But he answered and said,

Tom: (John McLaughlin voice) MOR-TON KONDDDRRRAACCKKKKEEEEE!
Crow: (Morton Kondracke voice) Well, I---
Tom: (John McLaughlin voice) WRONG! Answer - FOUR MORE YEARS!

It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word
that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. This He quoted from;
Deut 8:3 (KJS) And he (1)==>humbled thee, and (2)==>suffered thee
to hunger, and (3)==> fed thee with manna,

Tom: (singing) Manna-ma-na
Crow and Mike: (singing in chorus) Doo-doo-doo-doo-do

which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; [so] that he
might ==>make thee knw that man doth not live by bread only, but by
every [word] that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man
live.

But, as with the Manna of Old which "turned to worms"

Mike: in _The Final Destruction of Jherod-Zinn_!

if not Received as Given-by-God-to-man..., so too with God's
Living-Word as/if/when polluted, corrupted or twisted by man's
carnal ways & wishes. God doesn't LIKE this,

Crow: (Joe Besser voice) and will give you such a PINCH!

and what God Intended as Love-for-man is turned to Wrath, Enmity
and Hatred.

Mike: (lame comedian voice) In other words - Women! Ha! Am
I right, guys? Back me up on this!

Yes, God HATES those who will not hav His Will-for-them. These
Jesus Called "sons of your fathr, th Devil!"

Tom: (singing Grateful Dead-style) "Any son of the Devil is a
son of mine..."

There is a subtle irony

Mike: This guy's idea of subtle is probably shouting instead
of screaming.

in a story Jesus Tells of the Owner of a vineyard sending His
Heir-Apparent Son to be Received-WITH-Fruit by the garden-stewards.

Tom: (Richard Burton voice) Don't talk about our son, Jesus.

They choose to kill te Son to "receive" His Inheritance. And they
DO! By killing His Mortality they are Sealed to His Death [they
receive unto themselves the Fruit of their ways]. Whereas those of
us who Receive Him WITH Holy-Fruit of the Spirit,

Mike: With eight essential vitamins and minerals.

[as Garden-Stewards of His Gift of Choice, by daily self-denial, as
i "Follow-Fellowship" WITH Him], Receive Him as Lord of Life Who's
Death we Share while mortal yet! So, by death to self, we Live
"UNTO" [WITH] Him Who Is Life-Eternal; Giver of ALL! [Col 3:3]

Tom: "Him Who Is Life-Eternal? Giver of All?" Who?
Mike: Fabio!
Crow: Fabio!
Tom: Fabio!

As we Sow...

Crow: So shall we knit?
Tom: No, that's "sew." As we *sow*, so shall we oink.

so, we REAP!

That Light kills darkness seems too absurd to mention, were it not
so ovelooked, ignored and dismissed. Life CANNOT Come without
Abolishing death; anymore than God'sWords can truly be ignored!
His Effect is Life to Life as well as death to Death [in us]. Only
Spirit [in-us]

Crow: (singing) "In-us in the morning!"
Mike: I was always a Howard Stern guy, myself.
Tom: (turns to look at Mike)
Mike: Sorry...
Tom: I pity you.

Inherits Spirit In-Him! And only Humble Yielding Receives the
Light Which Is Belief, to Do the Work of God! [Jn 6:29] Receiving
[Light] Truly is Believing! Just as Obeying [Truth] Truly is
Becoming! [1Jn 5:4]

I am continually astounded by others who appear to know far more
ABOUT God and His Word than I can even imagine retainingor
remembering, but who [even so] cannot SEE or HEAR or DO! How
obtuse another's "blunder" seems to others; yet how far we are
from what's just within. There must be Spiritual "Senses" to "come
to", else what is meant by Prodigal's Inspiration and Repentance?
But it does seem it's not "about" the Words God has Spoken, or how
they "harmonize", or even whether we "understand" them...; but
whether or not we EAT Them - and DO Them - and BECOME hem!

Tom: We've gotta eat God's words? That seems a little harsh -
I mean, if He says something stupid, He should eat
them, not us.
Mike: How do you know God's a guy, Tom?
Tom: Only a male deity would invent pro wrestling and the
Papacy, Mike.
Mike: Well, you got me there.

Hearing is WHY! God Spoke to Be HEARD! Our Lord's Living Words
will never "pass away", as They Are Alive! How does one "dismiss"
that which is Alive?: by a lie. The lie is that darkness banishes
the Light by "dismissal"

Mike: The author probably knows all about how it feels to be
dismissed...

...by simply "ignoring" It, or "rejecting" It, or by "refusing to
acknowledge It's Reality!" But Jesus Says His Words Will not "go
away!". What then? Ahh! Apocalypse!

Tom: Oh god - tell me Coppola's not involved in this post -
it'll never end!

"Judgment" is Mercy's Grace REJECTED!

Crow: (Marv Albert voice) And he passes down to Divine
Intervention...YESSSSS!!!!

It is by CHOICE a man goes toHell!

Mike: Yeah, right - like we *asked* to read this!

It is by a determined resistance against a Force as Mighty and
Powerful as God's Living Word-Will and the Awesome Finality of His
Zeal.

Tom: (Industry/Conglomco voice) 3M! Building a better God for
you! Its biggest resource - people!
Crow: Did you guys know that the Post-It note was invented to
mark places in a choir book? It's true! This
engineer named--
Tom: Shut up, Crow.

His Zeal is TWO-FOLD:

Mike: To lock in moisture!

to those who Love Him It Is His Mighty Love to Heal

Tom: (Barry White voice) Oh baby...let my mighty love heal
you....

& Whole-to-Oneness-WITH-Him; to those who hate Him, It Is His
Awful, Consuming Fire to Devour them utterly!

Crow: Yeah, and they have to watch Barney, too!

God's Word Is Living-Mystery-Revealed-IN-Christ, or it is nothing!
1Cor 1:30 (KJS)

Crow: Mike, was this written in Rot13?

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is ==>made unto us
(1)wisdo, and (2)righteousness, and (3)sanctification, and
(4)redemption: [notice the sequesnce]

Mike: Yes, notice the sequence. Bill Gates becomes a
millionaire, Shaquille O'Neal becomes popular, and
George Burns dies. Coincidence?
Crow: Read the book!

God's Wrath is FAR more Dominant in His Living Word than His Love!
Why? Could it be He KNOWS man's "frame"?

Tom: I'd assume that God already knows whether it's a purine
or pyrimidine base.
Crow: (looks over at Tom) Huh?

After all, if man is not "coming-from" God... then WHERE?

Mike: Probably up the Pioneer Trail to Red Rock Lake.

But, lest he "miss the Mark" and NT Repent [Re-turn] to God Who
Sent him forth [by Receiving Whom He Sent-Forth]..., God Sends His
Word AFTER man to Seek and to Save man [that which was lost]...
FROM HIS SELF!

Crow: Aw, get on wit' yo' own bad self, Lord.

Luke 9:23 (KJS) And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come
after [follow] me, let him (1)==>deny himself, and (2)==>take up
+his+ cross +daily+, and [to] (3)==>follow me.

Mike: No way, man, last time there were these dickweeds with
hammers and nails who wanted to play craps for my
clothes.

Why can't we HEAR Christ's Apocalyptic, Cryptic Words here?

Crow: It's a Sioux City station - we're getting outta range.

Do we DARE "dismiss" His Meaning? Do we DARE "ignore" the HARSH,
RUTHLESS, ABSOLUTE Implications He Intends us to Hear here? Can we
merely "avoid" them; "discard" them; "omit" them as though they
are not Meant to Apply to us? Do we DARE?

Tom: Hey, that's our line!

Luke 21:33 (KJS) Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words
==>shall not pass away.

Mike: (Tom Carvel voice) Like ==> the Cookie Puss! On-ly ==>
$14.99!

What?? Did Jesus NOT Say these Words? What??

Crow: Yes! No! Uh, Pass!

Did He Say them just for "others".... not you??

Tom: God doesn't want you to play in any of His reindeer
games, Mike.

And where, then, is the "value" of "knowing" ALL OTHER MEANING IN
THE WORD... and "mis-knowing" THESE Living-Words?

Mike: These words are flatlining! Clear!

IS the Cross Christ's CON-Text??

Crow: Yes - he'll be reading from it next September, at the
Electric Boogaloo.

ARE we, too, to have and embrace a "cross" of "self-denial"
in-order-to follow Him?

Crow: (looks at Mike) I think he's talking to you.

DO we really think we know what He MEANS here?

Tom: Funny - I was just thinking the same thing about him.

We'd better "take anoher LOOK!": And QUICK! Seems the "leaves"
are on the "trees" already, and the "Season's" close "at-hand".
Will we "rely" on what we'e been "taught"; what we've "bought" at
the "public-marketplace" of the local "church-of-our-choice"? Will
we gamble our souls on what "other's" claim to "know-for-sure"?

Mike: I did that once, on the fifth race at Hialeah - I don't
recommend it, guys.

Or will we "KNOW OF A SURETY!" like our Father Abraham, by an
actual Encounter WITH God-Almighty,

Tom: (Fox Mulder voice) Have you considered the possibility of
alien abductions?

and by the self-sacrifice of a yielded Isaac, and by the
wrestling-for-the-Truth Which set a Jacob Free to ecome an Israel
["Prince-of-God"]?

Tom: Jacob Free *IS* Israel, Prince-of-God! On tonight's
episode - "To every thing there is a season...a
time to be born, and a time to DIE!"

One thing's sure: God +IS+ Speaking to you,

Tom: (Robert DeNiro voice) Hey God - you talkin' to me? You
talkin' to *me*?

nd His Words WILL Have an Eternal Effect - LIFE [WITH HIM], or
death [without]! Better Listen........ UP! ===> ASK GOD! [not
man]

Tom: Burma Shave.

_~_
No WITH-ness (@ @) No WIT-ness!
_______________________oo0~(_)~0oo______________________

God IS Willing ..that whoever WILL NOT... SHOULD perish!
[Ezk36:27+Jer1:8+Jn3:30+Col3:3+1Jn5:4+Jn6:29]
------> Christ's CONTEXT is the CROSS! <------
If you don't WANT the Cross [DAILY]
you don't WANT Jesus Christ!-Lk9:23+Lk14:27
Dennis_+_Rideout
"Teleo"

Crow: Mike, did we just have an acid flashback?
Mike: Shame on you, Dennis Rideout, wherever you are.

John Nevins

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
My MSTing: It's All Your Fault

ub! newsstand.cit.cornell.edu!news.tc.cornell.edu!
newsserver.sdsc.edu!news.cerf.net!

Mike: Bennett Cerf has a newsserver devoted just to him?
Wow.
Crow: Hey, Mike - Cerf's up! Hah!
Mike: *buries head in hands* I'm gonna have a bad day, I can
tell right now....

hacgate2.hac.com!f604-1182-d28.hac.com!rcaswell
>From: Quaag <rcas...@msmail2.hac.com>

Tom: (serious announcer's voice) Rcaswell, New Mexico. 1947.
A dickweed is captured by the Air Force. What you
are about to read is the report the Air Force never
wanted you to know about: Inside the Mind of a
Loony.

>Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy

Crow: Oh, dear.

>Subject: ...and corruption for all

Mike: Well, with a title like that, you never know...

>Date: 13 Mar 1996 20:34:50 GMT

Tom: I had a sudden flash of "Quaag" sitting in paper pyjamas
in a hermetically-sealed apartment, typing this
with these huge Fu-Manchu fingernails.

Mike: I bet the rest of the world is just *so* grateful for
this right now - really makes them see the
advantages of the Internet.

I feel a great need to come to you this day to try to show you one
of the great travesties to fall upon our great nation.

Crow: Go, Quaag! Speak truth to power about Comedy Central!

A travesty that our founding fathers would surely point to as the
worst conspiracy to corrupt our country of all the vast cankers to
infect our great land.

Mike: Block that metaphor, baby!

Most of these cankers hav been most aptly spoken about in this
newsgroup.

Crow: Oh - so this came from alt.medical.cold-sores?

Our founding fathers recognized th hand of inspiration and the
guidance of God in forming the foundation, the Constitution,
and the allience of this nation. They felt His Spirit,

Tom: (Barry White voice) I feel your spirit, baby, the spirit
of love inside you...

they studied His word, and they kept His commandments. They
weren't ashamed of God, who He was, or what He had done.

Tom: (accent) I love my dead gay God!

They repeatedly recognized His hand in all their accomplishments.
Our founding fathers loved God. Times have chnged. The great
conspiracy has twisted ideas.

Mike: I don't know that Dick Vitale and Billy Packer are
_that_ bad...

Now the blessigs that have been this nations because of our faith
in and obedience to God's commandments are dwindling at an ever
increasing rate because of our rejection of Him.

Crow: So we're blue-shifting away from God?
Mike: I guess that puts God at the center of the universe,
then.
Tom: (geek voice) Yeah, just like blind Nyarlothep, in the
Cthulhu mythos - see, he was the--
Crow: Mike, do something about that.
Mike: Hey - he could be quoting from the Nitpicker's Guide to
Star Trek right now - be grateful.

The plain and simple concept of freedom of religion to all has been
distorted until precedence has demanded that this come to mean that
the only acceptable religion is

Tom: The worship of Howdy Doody, the Divine Puppet.

no religion at all. No nativity scenes on public property. No
Menorah in federal buildings. No prayer in schools.

Mike: No virgin sacrifice. No forced consumption of the Holy
Host. No gefilte fish on the school menu. Not even
compulsory circumcision at age 18.
Crow gasps alarmingly.

The catchy phrase, "wise men still seek after Him", is found

Tom: Wherever Keanu Reeves or David Geffen vacation.
Mike: Tom! That ain't right!

throught the Christmas season. But where is the practiced?

Crow: Fort Myers?

The faith and hope of the wisest men (no gender intended) are
constantly being eroded by the unceasing attack on righteous values
issued by the ever-growing twisted and corrupt society.

Tom: Boy, Quaag really has it in for the Elks, doesn't he?

This great nation has been blessed abundantly because of our
founding premise and practice -

Mike: That all men should dance naked under the moonlight,
and all women go to the Ladies' Room together.

one nation under God. The hand of Providence has smiled upon us
most pleasingly.

Crow: Then why didn't they get into the tournament?
Tom: "the hand of Providence has smiled upon us most
pleasingly" - OH MY GOD - that means than Senor
Wences is--
Mike and Crow gasp alarmingly.

We have become the wealthiest and healthiest of nations. But the
pendulum has swung too far. Our wealth has brought pride -waves of
pride.

Tom: (singing) Catch a wave and you're sitting on top of your
ego...

What started as a quest for a hppier, easier life through wealth
has soured into obtaining wealth is the whole quest of life. Some
of us have a greater share of the wealth than others. Our
consciences tell us what should happen under these circumstances.

Mike: (frat boy voice) Massive kegger, dude!

Does the sharing that w know should take place happen? No. Those
who have more wealth also cultivate more pride. This pride
surfaces with the wearing of pricey clothes, driving of flashy
autos, and residing in luxury homes. Do we think God justifies us
in these actions?

Crow: Well then, why doesn't He kill Deion Sanders now?
Tom: Because God hates us, Crow.

We al know better. This is against His commandments, and because
of this we are starting to loose His protective blessings. The sad
part is that this great pride is not just amongst the wealthy.
It's throughout all classes, all races, all religions. It's
rampant. And yet, because it's so all inclusive, God's removal of
His blessings will also be all inclusive. And great shall be our
fall! For those who can hear, please listen. The signs of the
times are screaming that these words are true.

Tom: Screaming signs?
Mike: I bet driving the Beltway with him is fun.

Let's think of our neighbors as we plan for ourselves,

Mike: If you're gonna hide in your shelter in anticipation of
the Rapture, invite _them_ down, too.

let's be friendly to all and generous with our possessions. Before
we seek wealth, let's irst seek to understand the commandments of
God. But let's not deceive ourselves in this. Weare created in
God's image

Crow: I *knew* God was a robot.
Mike: Or from Minnesota.

and although we want to mold God into what fits our purposes, we
cannot.

Tom: So _that's_ why Vatican 2 did away with the God-as-Silly-
Putty doctrine.

If we are to return to a nation under God, we must admit and
understand that there is one God; he is omnipotent, omnificent, and
omniscient.

Crow: But Mike - I thought you said only Gypsy is always
watching us--
Gypsy: (from off-stage) I heard that!
Crow, Tom and Mike all hunch down in their seats and say, in
unison: Yes ma'am.

Let's not pretend that He is something smaller than what He is just
because we cannot comprehend.

Mike: I was sure I saw God under a magnifying glass, once.
Turned out it was just a piece of gum.

(To do so is just another manifestation of pride.) God knows eac
of us. He knows the hairs on our head and the freckles on our face.

Crow: (Butthead style) He knows the pimples on our butt, huh
huh, huh huh.
Mike: I thought we agreed, Crow - you don't do Butthead, and
I don't sing "Anything Goes."
Crow: (sulkily) Alright.

All that happens to us hs His seal of approval.

Crow: Humanity - bearing the rabbinical seal of approval of
the URC since 1934.

It's all for our benefit to help us grow. The one thing that God
would never do is to take away our freedom to choose.

Tom: (female Scandahoovian voice) It's so nice that God lets
me have the remote - he's so unlike other men that
way.
Crow: (female Scandahoovian voice) Oh, I know - my Jeffrey, he
gets the remote, and it's farm reports all day
long.

And there lies His plan.

Mike: He even offers full dental - that's a pretty good deal.

What we become is what we choose to become. Of course there are
many external conditions - environment, health, contacts, etc.

Tom: So what Quaag is saying here is that if you're not
wearing glasses, you're going to Hell?

All necessary resistance exists because the path is strait (much
different from straight).

Crow: You could tell just by reading this post that Quaag is
an English teacher, and that sentence proves it.

To stay on the path all we ned is love. Do the choices we make
increase our love?

Mike: (lame comedian voice) Not where women are concerned -
ba-da-BING! Hey, thank you, I'll be here all week.

Enough of the soap box.

Tom: Funny - I was just thinking the exact same thing.

I'm just filling in the basics that not many years ago everyone in
this nation understood.

Crow: But then Fortran came along, and everyone's
understanding was shot to hell.

We need to understand these basics to understand the corruption, to
understand the conspiracy and to understand the way to reverse the
trend.

Mike: If he's advocating knocking off Bill Gates, I'm all for
it.

This pride that is rampant in America is the opposite of humility,
and its this quality of humility that is required in order to
increase love in our lives. Pride is not what is good for tis
nation. Humility is.

Crow: That, and cancelling Seinfeld.

Everyone is capable of being humble -

Tom: Of course, some people, like Quaag here, have a lot to be
humble about.

the rich, the poor, the athletic, the lame, the tall, the short,
the beautiful, the homely - everyone.

Crow: What about the digger, and the dealer, and the dog as
well?
Mike: The tinker, the tailor, the soldier, the thief?
Tom: The toker, the joker, the midnight smoker?

We all need to make the choices that will return us to the humble
nation we once were.

Mike: Yup - back into log cabins for everyone.

That's enough about pride. It's suffusio has been so swift and so
complete that its very existence is totally invisible to just about
all. Yet, any reversal in its trend can only be accomplished by
first recognizing its existence. But there are grosser crimes that
are sweeping this nation.

Crow: The resurgence of bell-bottoms, for example.

Crimes against God that are so severe tha all nations in the past
that have experienced epidemics of these whoredoms have quickly met
their demise as God has removed His protective hand from them due
to their abominations.

Mike: And yet Steve Guttenberg is still alive.

I here speak of all crimes against the family. The bad news shows
that these crimes, specifically fornication,

Crow: *sighs heavily* here we go...you knew it was coming....

adultery, homosexuality, maturbation, promiscuity, abortion,
divorce, and abuse,

Tom: Geez - what's left to do for kicks?

are becoming more commonplace and acceptable throughout this
nation. The good news is that there are still enough strong
families left,

Crow: Sure! The Gambinos...
Mike: The Mansons...
Tom: The Simpsons...

as the consequences of the destruction of the normal family become
visibly apparent, that the huge gulf between the two lifestyles is
plainly visible to everyone who takes the time to look.

Tom: Just go to any good nightclub - those who can dance, and
those who can't.

Unfortunately, there's more bad news:

Crow: Oh great - Pauly Shore got a six-picture deal.
Mike: And David Spade and Chris Farley are making another
movie.
Crow: But--
Tom: And Andrew Dice Clay is making a comeback.
Crow: Huh?
Mike: And William Conrad is posing nude for Playgirl.
Crow (beginning to sound desperate): What?
Tom: And they're about to make the _Bridges of Madison County_
into a television series.
Crow begins hyperventilating.
Mike: And they've made a movie based on the Mentos ads.
Crow: Stop! STOP!!! *begins waving arms frantically and
running around the theatre*
Mike: C'mon, Crow, we're just funnin' you.
Tom: Yeah, ya big femme.
Crow: Oh...okay. *returns to his seat*

these crimes against God and family are becoming so commonplace and
acceptable that we are becomng calloused to their effects and blind
to their conclusions.

Mike: But how can we stop Americans from removing the tags
from mattresses?

Our national heroes, unfortunately, are role models for the enemy.

Tom: I remember seeing all those Shaquille O'Neal posters in
Baghdad during the war.

Our major sports figures fight for a cure for aids instead of
pointing the way for its easy eradication. Our entertainment atars
promote fornication and promiscuityboth on the screen and in their
personal lives.

Crow: And this is a bad thing?

Our professional experts try to promote homosexuality and
masterbation as panacea to self-esteen problems.

Crow and Tom look at Mike.
Mike shrugs, makes finger-circling-temple gesture.

Even the president of our great land, an example to us all, is a
legend for his acts of adultery.

Crow: Hey! Leave Dwight Eisenhower out of this!

All of this ... all is pure wickedness forwhich, if we don't
reverse the trend quickly, we will have to pay dearly.

Tom: But they already cancelled Full House! They _can't_ bring
it back!
Mike: I think he's talking about Highway to Heaven.
Crow and Tom: AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

If we don't return to being a nation under God, the time will
quickly come that our enemies will be more righteous than we.

Tom: America vs. Andorra: The Final Conflict!

When that time comes, we can expect no more protection from the arm
of God. In fact we can expet the arm of God to protect our enemies
from our wickedness.

Crow: Now, granted, the arm of God has to be pretty big, but
can't we just throw bombs over or around it?
Mike: I think he means it more as a metaphor, Crow.
Crow: Then why not say, "the condom of God will protect our
enemies" - I mean, _that's_ protection. Not some
arm somewhere.
Tom: Crow, you are *way* out there.

We aren't at that point yet. But the pendulum is swinging.

Crow: (Paul Lynde voice) *I'll* say! *chuckles campily*

In fact it's still gaining momentum away from everything that is
still good and wholesome.

Mike: Hence the decline in sales of Wonder Bread.

Never think that it is too late.

Tom: Despite what Carole King says.

Remember that God would not have destroyed Sodom and Gomorah if
Abraham could have found 10 righteous men within the city.

Crow: Mike, what sin did Gomorah commit?
Mike: He means "Gomorrah," Crow, and that's an old joke.
Tom: But _why_ did God destroy the big turtle, Mike?
Mike: Well, you saw _Barugon_, Tom.
Tom: Good point.

We need to remember that great God that has blessed us so
abundantly. Stand firm in that which our founding fathers
established.

Mike: What, the slaves-as-3/5ths-of-white men part?
Tom: This is Quaag - he probably means the women-not-being
allowed-to-vote part.
Crow: I was hoping he was talking about Ben Franklin and
women.

We are guaranteed freedom of religion. That doesn't mean no
religion is acceptable, that means that all religions are
acceptable.

Crow: Even the icky ones that involve llamas and karo syrup.

Let's study God's commandments. Let's know them. Let's live them.

Tom: Let's dress like the Village People and sing Anthony
Newly show-tunes!
Mike: Let's put on a Biblical version of Oh, Calcutta.
Crow: Let's put on little pants!

They are plain and simple. If we can't take these simple steps, if
we can't rid ourselves of our pride, if we can't rid ourselves of
our grosser impurities,

Mike: If we can't stop Michael Crichton from publishing any
more books,

then we can expect God to do that which e's always done in the
past:

Crow: Throw a tantrum, take His toys, and go home?

destruction comes to the corrupt nation. It won't come until there
is no hope.

Tom: But as long as Lucille Ball remains dead, there will
always be hope.

Not until the family has been annihilated of all its righteous
value. The destruction will be swift; the destruction will be
complete.

Crow: Megaweapon will reign supreme!

But it will be God's will. For out of the destructon will come
humility. And out of humility we can try again. Let's hope that
we can humble ourselves before God needs to humble us. The quality
of our nation and our lives depends on it.

Mike: Okay, guys, for some Hostess cream-filled ram chips, sum
up Quaag in one word for me.
Crow: Dickweed.
Tom: I have to go with Crow on this one. Dickweed's my answer,
too.
Mike: And the answer is...Correct! Yummy ram chips for
everyone!

Tammy Stephanie Davis

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96

I just want to thank Best Brains for not selling out to Comedy Central
by agreeing (shudder) to mist TV sitcoms, etc. The thought of that
happening being a definite barf-making moment if ever there was one.

--TSD(Yes Virginia, there really are people who don't sell out.)

Juliewa

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
>>Well, that's great, I guess, but as far as I can tell the Sci Fi channel
is
offered by even fewer cable companies than CC. >>

only by a few million homes -- i think cc is in 30 mil and scifi is in 26
mil. not too bad.

>>The author of this post

is not looking forward to [A) Trying to get a satellite dish or B) Getting
someone to sell me tapes every week] in order to watch new episodes of
mst3k. This has *got* to be the manifestation of a vengeful God that I
have inadvertently pissed off in some way.>>

whoa there! we AREN'T ON THE SCI FI NETWORK YET!! we're only in
discussions and that's a long way from a done deal.

juliewa

Juliewa

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
by the way, monia joblin is a female. address letters to Ms. Joblin.

juliewa

Melissa Lupton

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96

On 14 Mar 1996, Juliewa wrote:

> it isn't a music cd. it'll be similar to the kind of stuff you find on
> the monty phython's complete waste of time cd. screen savers, games,
> stuff about the show, etc.

Cool! Seems to me I remember hearing something about Voyager
releasing a music CD sometime this spring, though - is that still a go?

Q at USC
or was it one of those regional dialect things; "cd" meaning
"cd-rom" like "coke" means "soda"?

Christine Malcom

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
In article <4ibut0$b...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, Juliewa <jul...@aol.com> wrote:
>by the way, monia joblin is a female. address letters to Ms. Joblin.
>
>juliewa

Thanks juliewa, but ever since my friend Anna got a letter from a publisher in
China (she works at the U of C press) I have preferred to solve the problem
of ambiguous gender with this greeting:

Dear Gentleperson

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who wonders if this isn't insensitive to the
Marquis de Sade though, and shouldn't we all consider him too?

Mike Barklage

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
"W. J. Sullivan" <bsul...@lmwoef.com> writes:

>If MST3K ends up on Sci-Fi,(SAMPO willing) can they air all the old
>episodes?

Unfortunately, no.

Mike Barklage... and I'm not sure if Sampo has much say in the matter :)

bark...@ucsu.colorado.edu -- MSTie #19634 -- For Ed Wood items, MSTings, and
the ST:Voyager MSTing archive, http://rtt.colorado.edu/~barklage/home.html
"Ah, Mike, I see you've decided to go psycho. Godspeed." - Dr. Forrester, MST

Doug Barkes

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
-> after a long run on comedy central it’s official -- yesterday cc told
-> they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and t
-> they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to
-> for a new home for mystery science theater 3000.

Can I just say...HUZZAH!!!

Does this mean I can stop watching CC now (at least, until I tape all
the episodes I need)?

Oh...when will CC stop playing the reruns? Next January? Or sometime
sooner?

Doug (who's thankful his DSS also carries the Sci-Fi Channel...)

| Doug Barkes | doug....@kgb.com | dba...@concentric.net |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
| *Queensryche*MST3K*Saturn*Playstation*VF2*X-Men*Anime* |

David Rothschild

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor wrote:

> As Tammy does the Dance of Joy off into the sunset, a quiet lone figure
> walks into the shadows softly sobbing to himself.
> thor does not get the Sci-Fi channel.
>
> --thor (And what's up with refering to myself in the third person?)
Because you're really Bob Dole?
d. rothschild (no relation, and always referring to myself in second
person plural)

"My connection was in danger-that was all. Sometimes our
connection is frayed, it is danger, it seems almost lost. Views and
streets deny knowledge of us, the air grows thin. Wouldn't we rather
have a destiny to submit to, then, something that claims us, anything,
instead of such flimsy choices, arbitrary days?"- Alice Munro, "The
Albanian Virgin"
http://www.oberlin.edu/~drothsch

jnevins

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
cm...@midway.uchicago.edu (Christine Malcom) writes:

>Melissa Lupton <lup...@castor.usc.edu> wrote:
>>On 15 Mar 1996, jnevins wrote:
>>> tell them to anybody who e-mails me, doing them to Doug Herzog or anybody
>>> involved with CC would just be wrong. No, really.
>>

>> And in local news tonight, police are baffled by what appears to be
>>the most bizarre suicide in recorded history - apparently a one Doug
>>Herzog, president of Comedy Central and denture wearer, exploded at
>>roughly 2am eastern standard time.
>>
>> Details are sketchy, but coroner jess nevins says Mr Herzog had large

>Oh *thanks* Q! Let *jess* be the coroner again...no no...just because I've

>studied forensics with Robert Kirschner and spent the last 22 weeks figuring
>out how to most effectively play with dead things...that's FINE!

Christine's right - she's more qualified to be the coroner. Thanks to my
experience in the DoJ, I'm more qualified to be the corrupt police
commissioner who creates the cover-up and sweeps this all under the carpet.

>>traces of hamdingers in his system, and police reportedly found several
>>pink flamingoes scattered on Mr Herzog's front lawn. Lieutenant Christine
>>Malcolm, when reached for comment, denied allegations that she was a
>>floozy.

>Oooh! I get to be a COP (I shoulda read further) Dad would like that. And

>as for a floozy business I have only this to say:

>*I* did it in the ballroom, the billiard room, the lounge the kitchen, the
>conservatory, the study, the library, the dining room, the hall AND the
>rumpus room with anyone I could get my hands on.

*grouch marx eye roll* and believe me, folks, when she says "rumpus" she
_means_ rumpus...

jess

Russ Cable

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Melissa Lupton wrote:

> > >I think that's PRECISELY what it means.
> >
> > I'd just like to remind people that, although I know all sorts of nasty
> > things to do via e-mail, snail mail, and in real life, and am willing to
> > tell them to anybody who e-mails me, doing them to Doug Herzog or anybody
> > involved with CC would just be wrong. No, really.
> > jess

> And in local news tonight, police are baffled by what appears to be
> the most bizarre suicide in recorded history - apparently a one Doug
> Herzog, president of Comedy Central and denture wearer, exploded at
> roughly 2am eastern standard time.
>
> Details are sketchy, but coroner jess nevins says Mr Herzog had large
> traces of hamdingers in his system, and police reportedly found several
> pink flamingoes scattered on Mr Herzog's front lawn. Lieutenant Christine
> Malcolm, when reached for comment, denied allegations that she was a
> floozy. A spokesman for Comedy Central told this reporter that they had
> obtained a videotape of the explosion and would be running it as a
> miniseries in the fall - quote: "heck, it's funnier than 95% of our
> programming already."
>
> On a national level, when reached for comment, vice president Al
> Gore was said to be "chuckling quietly to himself..."
>
> Q at USC
> can I wish them into the cornfield now?? can I???

Yes, it was good that you done that, Q. A very good thing.
-- Ransom "And everyone loves you" Cable
What were we doing in a nebula?
Let's stop pretending, we're not going home -
we're exploring every cubic millimeter of this quadrant!
- "Star Trek: Voyager" - It's self-MiSTing!

Juliewa

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
>>If MST3K ends up on Sci-Fi,(SAMPO willing) can they air all the old
>>episodes?

>Unfortunately, no.

well, not "no" definitively...but they would have to purchase the rights
to those episodes and that could be an expensive proposition.

juliewa

Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
David Rothschild <sdr...@oberlin.edu> writes:
>Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor wrote:

>Because you're really Bob Dole?

Well, at least if I was Bob Dole, I could probably afford a sat dish.
(Of course if I was Bob Dole, I probably wouldn't *get* MST. <G>)

--thor (Happy for BBI/MST, but bitter about my chances of every seeing
My little robot pals if they move to the Sci-Fi Channel.)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT NOW, THEY'RE PROBABLY RE-FUELING IN THEIR HEARTS.

--Crow T. Robot, Starfighters

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hacker0123

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
I GET THE SCI-FI CHANNEL YAYYYY (DANCING AROUND COMPUTER) HIP HIP HRAY
WAIT doesthis mean no old episodes , NO JOEL AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hacke...@aol.com= Mike Trainor
Any spelling misates you encounter ignore
.mm
.mMMM .mmmm.
/MMMMM .mMMMMMM)
/MMMMMM. .mMMMMM"'
MMMMMMM| ,MMMMMMM'
MMMMMMM| mMMMMM'
\MMMMMMMSsMMM/'
`MMM.sSSSSsMsSs
.. /SSSSSSSSsSSSs.
(SSss.SSSSSS/SSSSSSs,
`SSSSsSSS'SS/sSSS"S)
SSSSSSSNNNNn.SSSss,
(SSSSSSSsNNNNN)SSSSs,
`"SSSsSSSSs~N~sSSSSS)
SSSSSSSSSS\SSSS"

W. J. Sullivan

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96

Philip Lauderdale

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
In article <4i9vpj$k...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jul...@aol.com (Juliewa) wrote:
>after a long run on comedy central it’s official -- yesterday cc told us
>they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that
>they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to look

>for a new home for mystery science theater 3000.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, Martin, break out those T-Shirts! We've got a video tape to shoot!

Phil
num...@comland.com

to...@fred.net

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
In article <4ia3cg$s...@lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu> you wrote:

: In article <4i9vpj$k...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, Juliewa <jul...@aol.com> wrote:
: :after a long run on comedy central it’s official -- yesterday cc told us
: :they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that
: :they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to look
: :for a new home for mystery science theater 3000.
:
: YES!! YES!! YES!! FABULOUS! OUR NATION NIGHTMARE HAS COME TO
: AN END!
:

This is the pass-over of our show... the slaves have been freed!

Now if Herzog has any change of heart.... Trace, Mike, and the rest part
the Mississippi River to the Twin Cities, where CC's lawyers and their
lawyer-teers are swamped by the power of fen.

"Their fen ARE fen; ours are just poopie!"

To...@Fred.Net
http://www.fred.net/tomr

"No no, Paul, Mike gets to wear the beard. He does a better Heston."

to...@fred.net

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
Juliewa (jul...@aol.com) wrote:
:
: whoa there! we AREN'T ON THE SCI FI NETWORK YET!! we're only in

: discussions and that's a long way from a done deal.

Okay, let's up the ante. Who's got a firstborn they're not using?

BTW, Thanks, Juliewa for the newsletter that came yesterday!

To...@Fred.Net
http://www.fred.net/tomr

+===================+
|Mar 96|
| 66453 |
| |
| MST3K |
|"The Bite Me State"|
+===================+

to...@fred.net

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
Martin Wagner (hep...@eden.com) wrote:
: WWAAAAAA-HHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
:
: Ahem, er, um, excuse me, heh. :}

<weird techno noise>

"I'm Crow T. Robot, and you're watching the Sci-Fi Channel."

To...@Fred.Net
http://www.fred.net/tomr

gregg

Mar 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/17/96
tho...@csulb.edu (Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor) writes:

>t...@umich.edu (Tammy Stephanie Davis) writes:
>>YES!! YES!! YES!! FABULOUS! OUR NATION NIGHTMARE HAS COME TO
>>AN END!
>> --TSD(Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!)

>As Tammy does the Dance of Joy off into the sunset, a quiet lone figure
>walks into the shadows softly sobbing to himself.
>thor does not get the Sci-Fi channel.
>
>--thor (And what's up with refering to myself in the third person?)

Well, Greg knows about third person referrals, and Greg will tell
you that this is a sure sign that you are running for President.

-Greg "Greg" G

mst...@imap1.asu.edu

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96

On 14 Mar 1996, Juliewa wrote:

> after a long run on comedy central it=92s official -- yesterday cc told u=

> they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that

> they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to loo=
> for a new home for mystery science theater 3000. =20

EEEEEE-YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

>=20
> the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
> are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
> us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:
>=20
> Monia Joblin
> VP, Current Programming
> 2048 Century Park East, Suite 2550
> Los Angeles, CA 90067-3217
>=20
> Barry Schulman
> VP, Programming
> 1230 Avenue of the Americas
> New York, NY 10020-1513
>=20
> the future is looking bright, with the movie coming out april 19, the boo=
> out april 1 (we got our copies today and they look great!) and the cd due
> out in the fall. in addition we have the 2nd conventioCon this labor day=
.
> we=92ll figure out a way to keep making mst3k =96 even if it means getti=
ng
> them to the fans directly through video!
>=20
> julie walker
> best brains
>=20
>=20
Golliosky Sandy, you go away for spring break and look what happens. You=
=20
end up backtracking over 1200 messages to find this nugget of good news. =
=20
Don't mind that most of the previous seasons may never be shown again,=20
we'll get 'em on tape. Here's looking forward to a positive decision on=20
sci-fi channel's part regarding this! Soon as I can I'm writing in=20
support of picking up MST3K. =20

Ramirez, MiSTie #52505
A little annoyed that my spring break doesn't correspond with my friend=20
from Grinnell's spring break or with MTV's abomination of a spring break=20
specials (do you know how hard it is to come up with riffs when you have=20
so much homework to think about?)

Suzanne Schroeder

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
In article <jnevins....@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu> jnevins,

jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu writes:
>>>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?
>
>>I think that's PRECISELY what it means.
>
>I'd just like to remind people that, although I know all sorts of nasty
>things to do via e-mail, snail mail, and in real life, and am willing to
>tell them to anybody who e-mails me, doing them to Doug Herzog or anybody
>involved with CC would just be wrong. No, really.

Agreed. What's the point? They came up with their final decision.
What a pointless waste of time and energy writing threats! Do the more
positive thing and write the sci-fi channel. At least that is more
productive.

_____________________
Suzanne Schroeder

Soundwave [Chad Gould]

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
Juliewa (jul...@aol.com) wrote:
: after a long run on comedy central it’s official -- yesterday cc told us
: they have decided not to purchase any additional mst3k episodes and that
: they have agreed to release us from our contract. we are now free to look
: for a new home for mystery science theater 3000.

(:... I think this is the best thing Comedy Central could have done
given their current dickweedish status... good deal!

: the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we

: are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
: us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:

I agree and I certainly WILL drop them a note...

Good news to hear before I'll be disappearing from Usenet (for about
a week, to get some hellishly busywork done). Hopefully,
we'll here much better news as things go on.

-sw- [Like "Deal signed and done."]

--
Chad Gould aka Soundwave (not Gently) |--X5/D50/DX27/1202/Juno106/GUS--|
internet: cgo...@gate.net (ISDN #1134) |"Dirty pool old man, I like it!"|

Richard S Johnson

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
Mike Czaplinski wrote:

> Mike "Then we can party like it's 1999 at my swingin' batchelor pad!"
> Czaplinski ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cool. I'll bring the Esquivel albums and a pitcher of martinis.

"A Hawiian shirt... is a vulgarian's way of showing that he's not confined
by the livery constraints of polite society" - Jane & Michael Stern

Monty Wilson

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
zo...@netcom.com (Lone Locust of the Apocalypse) wrote:
>david...@aol.com (DavidLGold) writes:
>>In article <4iba8k$7...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, gb...@aol.com (GB8B) writes:
>>
>>>The author of this post is not looking forward to Trying to get a
>>satellite dish
>>
>>If you're not having any luck with your cable company (if you *have*
>>cable), just get one of those inexpensive DSS satellite systems. They're
>>down to about $500 now, and you get to pick and choose your programming.
>
>I wouldn't call $500 plus $30/month or whatever "inexpensive."

Actually the cheapest package that contains the Sci Fi channel is only $14.95
per month. And the little pizza dish is great, really, IMHO.

--
.........Monty.
mwi...@bangate.compaq.com

Darrin Cardani

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96

> ==========Mike Czaplinski, 3/15/96==========
>
> br...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Blair Dillman) wrote:
> >
> > You know, I finally got off my lazy butt and wrote a letter to
> Uncle Doug at
> > CC today. All those recent Czaplinski pep talks did the
trick! Then I
> > sealed the envelope, dropped it in the mailbox, and read this.
> Oh, well.
> > Maybe I can pry off that 32-cent stamp and use it for my
Sci-Fi Channel
> > letter.
>
> Let me just point out that resusing postage is WRONG!
>
> Of course, if it is a Federal Crime, and they convict you and send
> you to Leavenworth, it would be quite embarassing...

Well, he could just put a sticker over the address so he's
re-using the envelope rather than the stamp (sort of like the
way mail order catalogs can't charge you for using a credit
card, so they "give you a discount for using cash").

Darrin

--
Darrin Cardani Darrin....@AtlantaGA.NCR.COM

Tony Redman

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96

Congrats to the Brains from getting out from under CC's evil
influence (especially since we still don't have Comedy Central
here)! The cable company we're using now doesn't have the Sci-
Fi Channel either, but a second cable company that's come here
recently is offering it so it's at least get-able for me.

So now that BBI is officially out of their contract, is it a
good chance we'll be seeing a new season as early as this fall?

And as far as where you end up, I'd personally rather see you go
somewhere like the USA Network. It's more available and it seems
like a perfect fit for their Saturday evening lineup. (MST then
Duckman then something like Weird Science then Up All Night.)
Plus then I wouldn't have to change my cable situation! ;)

Tony Redman, who actually thought about writing a letter to CC
thanking them for releasing BBI from their contract and for
showing MST3K as long as they did, and after MST goes to another
network THEN calling them all dickweeds...

fq...@cleveland.freenet.edu

Melissa Lupton

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Lone Locust of the Apocalypse wrote:

> I'm nice... He's nice... and we're both f---ing lunatics. \ /
> Can I come in please? [_Flatliners_] \/

Lone Locust, I love you!! Marry me!

Q at USC
that movie has my record for most viewings in the theater - and then
Schumacher goes and does Batman 3. There is no god...

"Sh*t bird, bird turd, kiss-*ss macho wimp, crybaby limp-d*ck *ss-lickin'
son of a b*tch!"

c67...@silver.missouri.edu

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
>the sci-fi channel has recently expressed some interest in mst3k and we
>are in discussions with them. We think this would be a perfect home for
>us! If you agree, please drop them a note! addresses are as follows:

Woo Hoo! Great news indeed... there will be a lot of car door slamming
when its a done deal.

>And 2. Does this mean we can stop being "nice" to CC?

>I think that's PRECISELY what it means.

Well, I'll probably put my axe grinding on hold for the time being. There
still are a couple of episodes I need to get down on tape that are currently
being shown (in addition to ones that aren't). Since my cable co still
is back in the stone ages, I'm doing a lot of catch up work on taping.

So, break out the writing gear of your choice and write to those Sci-Fi
folks. This probably wouldn't be a good time to get them to remove that
little Saturn logo I would guess :)

Cheers!

-john

John "My lurking days are over" Hoke
c67...@showme.missouri.edu

Mike Barklage

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
Mike Czaplinski <mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com> writes:

>Check out their web page:
>http://www.scifi.com/
>You will eventually get to their 'Feedback' Section, and there's
>a form that allows you to target your letter to whatever department
>you like. In this case, I chose 'Programming'.

Yesterday, I did exactly that.

>Mike "Haven't gotten a reply yet, though..." Czaplinski

Neither have I. Hmmm...

Mike Barklage... I may have to break down and buy a stamp after all...

bark...@ucsu.colorado.edu -- MSTie #19634 -- For Ed Wood items, MSTings, and

the ST:Voyager MSTing archive, go to http://rtt.colorado.edu/~barklage/

Juliewa

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
>> Cool! Seems to me I remember hearing something about Voyager
releasing a music CD sometime this spring, though - is that still a go?>>

you heard wrong. there is no music cd is the works.

Lone Locust of the Apocalypse

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
david...@aol.com (DavidLGold) writes:
>In article <4iba8k$7...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, gb...@aol.com (GB8B) writes:
>
>>The author of this post is not looking forward to Trying to get a
>satellite dish
>
>If you're not having any luck with your cable company (if you *have*
>cable), just get one of those inexpensive DSS satellite systems. They're
>down to about $500 now, and you get to pick and choose your programming.

I wouldn't call $500 plus $30/month or whatever "inexpensive."

Maybe UPN. Anything to spare us from more "Kung Fu: the legend
continues" promos.

-- Z.
____

pbx...@ccnet.com

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
In article <4iburh$b...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jul...@aol.com (Juliewa) wrote:

> whoa there! we AREN'T ON THE SCI FI NETWORK YET!! we're only in
> discussions and that's a long way from a done deal.
>

> juliewa

I would hope it isn't too hard to do. They show *really* obscure old
Sci-fi series, and bill them as "One by One, the Collection is Revealed!"

"Collection?" Yeesh, a bunch of one-season wonders. Many with Roddy McDowell!

Anyway, I get it. We tape "Dark Shadows" every day! (It's a way for me and
the SO to re-live our childhoods together, and watching them blow lines is
hilarious!)

pbx...@ccnet.com (©1995) |*Cheap*Fast*Reliable*; Pick any 2
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
"This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet it's Maker. This is a late parrot. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the Choir Invisible. This is an ex-parrot!"

Sid Varma

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
Richard S Johnson (rsjo...@naz.edu) wrote:
: Mike Czaplinski wrote:

: > Mike "Then we can party like it's 1999 at my swingin' batchelor pad!"
: > Czaplinski ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

: Cool. I'll bring the Esquivel albums and a pitcher of martinis.

It's the in sound from way out!!

Mucha Muchacha!

Sid

jnevins

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
Melissa Lupton <lup...@castor.usc.edu> writes:

>On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Lone Locust of the Apocalypse wrote:

>> I'm nice... He's nice... and we're both f---ing lunatics. \ /
>> Can I come in please? [_Flatliners_] \/

> Lone Locust, I love you!! Marry me!

>Q at USC
>that movie has my record for most viewings in the theater - and then
>Schumacher goes and does Batman 3. There is no god...

>"Sh*t bird, bird turd, kiss-*ss macho wimp, crybaby limp-d*ck *ss-lickin'
>son of a b*tch!"

Q My One And Only, if that quote just then was from a Carter USM sample,
I'm going to insist we get married _right_ _now_.

jess

Mike Czaplinski

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96

Salsa! Salsa! Salsa!

Mike "Now I'll have to shampoo the rug..." Czaplinski
mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com

The Emerald Dragon

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
In article <4ihekk$k...@katie.vnet.net>
gr...@katie.vnet.net (gregg) writes:

And Kevin will add that it might also be a sign that you're a
professional wrestler or a televangelist.

relurking,
k2
--
Kevin Andrew Kanda Kevin....@dartmouth.edu
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~emerald O- eme...@dartmouth.edu

Lost Boy

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
In article <4in4nu$k...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,

The Emerald Dragon <Kevin....@dartmouth.edu> wrote:
>In article <4ihekk$k...@katie.vnet.net>
>gr...@katie.vnet.net (gregg) writes:
>
>> tho...@csulb.edu (Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor) writes:
>> >As Tammy does the Dance of Joy off into the sunset, a quiet lone figure
>> >walks into the shadows softly sobbing to himself.
>> >thor does not get the Sci-Fi channel.
>> >
>> >--thor (And what's up with refering to myself in the third person?)
>>
>> Well, Greg knows about third person referrals, and Greg will tell
>> you that this is a sure sign that you are running for President.
>
>And Kevin will add that it might also be a sign that you're a
>professional wrestler or a televangelist.

Or an aardvark.

Lost Boy
--
\ like a fish hook /
/ you catch my eye \

James Cordill Plummer, Jr

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
dynay...@aol.com writes:
> For those who worry about the Sci-Fi Channel's availability: in 1997, it's
> supposed to become the exclusive national distributor for Star Trek (TOS),
> so hopefully, this will help pick up it's subscribers.
>
> And if nothing else,"Keep circulating the tapes"
> -Bill
> "What was I thinking? What was I, blind?"
> -Christine Lavin

I thought I read that was due in 1998. Is there anyway we can
check this?

nicklby

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
Richard S Johnson <rsjo...@naz.edu> wrote:

>Mike Czaplinski wrote:

>> Mike "Then we can party like it's 1999 at my swingin' batchelor pad!"
>> Czaplinski ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Cool. I'll bring the Esquivel albums and a pitcher of martinis.

I'll bring the Golddiggers. Wing-a-ding-ding!

nicklby
doobie-doobie-doo
"They can't censor the gleam in my eye."
-- Charles Laughton

nic...@primenet.com
celibate for hire, member of the liberal media
and the only person on the Net without a home page
to promote in his signature

Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96

cm...@midway.uchicago.edu (Christine Malcom) writes:

>jnevins <jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu> wrote:
>>tho...@csulb.edu (Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor) writes:

>>>Wow, that must have been a rough one to get through, jess.
>>>Congratulations on making it back out. Had me rolling on the floor.
>>>This guy wins the *Raving and Drooling Award of the Month*, I think.

>>>--thor (Although, I *am* a little worried by all the sandwich bag
>>> imagery. <G>)

>>Thanks, thor - I had help from Christine Malcom on this one. Glad you
>>enjoyed it. (wasn't _that_ hard to get through - I used to have to
>>listen to worse growing up...)

>ummmm...yes, I'm afraid the sandwich bag imagery is mostly my fault. Sorry
>thor.

>Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)
>Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who thinks that addition to her freudian slip,
>her kinks are showing as well

Ah, well . . . I have a deep seated fear of wax paper, myself. So, I
guess I shouldn't be throwing stones . . .

--thor

Faye C Schuss

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Monty Wilson <mwi...@bangate.compaq.com> wrote:
>zo...@netcom.com (Lone Locust of the Apocalypse) wrote:
>>david...@aol.com (DavidLGold) writes:

>>>satellite dish
>>>
>>>If you're not having any luck with your cable company (if you *have*
>>>cable), just get one of those inexpensive DSS satellite systems. They're
>>>down to about $500 now, and you get to pick and choose your programming.
>>
>>I wouldn't call $500 plus $30/month or whatever "inexpensive."
>>
>Actually the cheapest package that contains the Sci Fi channel is only $14.95
>per month. And the little pizza dish is great, really, IMHO.

Hmmm... I wouldn't mind a little more email on the subject.

I'm kind of looking forward to the day I can write my cable
company telling them the advantages of dropping CC and
replacing it with the SciFi channel (or where ever MST3K ends
up... which will, no doubt, be a channel I don't get
currently).

-col di

Ed Flixman

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
The boys in programming tell me it's 1997.

bob martin aka ed flixman, editor SF Entertainment (the Channel's magazine)

Christine Malcom

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Melissa Lupton <lup...@castor.usc.edu> wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Lone Locust of the Apocalypse wrote:
>
>> I'm nice... He's nice... and we're both f---ing lunatics. \ /
>> Can I come in please? [_Flatliners_] \/
> Lone Locust, I love you!! Marry me!
>

>Q at USC
>that movie has my record for most viewings in the theater - and then
>Schumacher goes and does Batman 3. There is no god...
>
>"Sh*t bird, bird turd, kiss-*ss macho wimp, crybaby limp-d*ck *ss-lickin'
>son of a b*tch!"

I used ass-lickin' son of a bitch for a long long time after seeing that movie

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who needs to point out that much of that
was shot in and around her fabulous University!
"I didn't mean it when I said I hope the cable in the elevator snaps when you
step on board. And I was joking when I said I hope you crack your head and
get mangled by the downstairs revolving door. And I was kidding when I said I
hope the #103 bus hits and makes a pancake out of you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry,
isn't it amazing what a woman in love will do?" Christine Lavin

Christine Malcom

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
jnevins <jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu> wrote:
>tho...@csulb.edu (Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor) writes:
>
>>Wow, that must have been a rough one to get through, jess.
>>Congratulations on making it back out. Had me rolling on the floor.
>>This guy wins the *Raving and Drooling Award of the Month*, I think.
>>
>>--thor (Although, I *am* a little worried by all the sandwich bag
>> imagery. <G>)
>
>Thanks, thor - I had help from Christine Malcom on this one. Glad you
>enjoyed it. (wasn't _that_ hard to get through - I used to have to
>listen to worse growing up...)

ummmm...yes, I'm afraid the sandwich bag imagery is mostly my fault. Sorry
thor.

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who thinks that addition to her freudian slip,
her kinks are showing as well

Christine Malcom

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
jnevins <jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu> wrote:

>cm...@midway.uchicago.edu (Christine Malcom) writes:
>>Melissa Lupton <lup...@castor.usc.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> And in local news tonight, police are baffled by what appears to be
>>>the most bizarre suicide in recorded history - apparently a one Doug
>>>Herzog, president of Comedy Central and denture wearer, exploded at
>>>roughly 2am eastern standard time.
>>>
>>> Details are sketchy, but coroner jess nevins says Mr Herzog had large
>
>>Oh *thanks* Q! Let *jess* be the coroner again...no no...just because I've
>>studied forensics with Robert Kirschner and spent the last 22 weeks figuring
>>out how to most effectively play with dead things...that's FINE!
>
>Christine's right - she's more qualified to be the coroner. Thanks to my

thanks, jess! I'll go get my lace scrubs!

>experience in the DoJ, I'm more qualified to be the corrupt police
>commissioner who creates the cover-up and sweeps this all under the carpet.

No...it gets stinky under there, best do the river dump again.

>>*I* did it in the ballroom, the billiard room, the lounge the kitchen, the
>>conservatory, the study, the library, the dining room, the hall AND the
>>rumpus room with anyone I could get my hands on.
>
>*grouch marx eye roll* and believe me, folks, when she says "rumpus" she
>_means_ rumpus...

jess, you say the most obscene things....now come here with that rubber
chicken, ya big lug

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who thinks 'sweetest' and 'most obscene'
are really six of one half a dozen of the other sorta things

Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
mto...@spoon.beta.com (Lost Boy) writes:
>In article <4in4nu$k...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,
>The Emerald Dragon <Kevin....@dartmouth.edu> wrote:
>>In article <4ihekk$k...@katie.vnet.net>
>>gr...@katie.vnet.net (gregg) writes:

>>> Well, Greg knows about third person referrals, and Greg will tell
>>> you that this is a sure sign that you are running for President.

>>And Kevin will add that it might also be a sign that you're a
>>professional wrestler or a televangelist.

>Or an aardvark.

If those are my only choices, I'm gonna have to go with the aardvark.

--thor (Or whatever's behind Door Number One.)

Daniel Saunders

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Melissa Lupton <lup...@castor.usc.edu> wrote:

> can I wish them into the cornfield now?? can I???

Ahhh! Don't say that! That has got to be the creepiest story I have
*ever* read. It's not funny.

Daniel "gotta go watch some old mst tapes now..." Saunders
"And that's when the bad prunes began to kick in."
- Bone, Jeff Smith

Roger M. Wilcox

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
In article <4inik4$c...@butch.lmsc.lockheed.com>,

Faye C Schuss <dia...@lmsc.lockheed.com> wrote:
>Monty Wilson <mwi...@bangate.compaq.com> wrote:
>>zo...@netcom.com (Lone Locust of the Apocalypse) wrote:

>>>I wouldn't call $500 plus $30/month or whatever "inexpensive."
>>>
>>Actually the cheapest package that contains the Sci Fi channel is only $14.95
>>per month. And the little pizza dish is great, really, IMHO.
>
>Hmmm... I wouldn't mind a little more email on the subject.

I'll do better than that, I'll make a USENET POST out of the subject!
(Hee hee!)

I am, and have been since November, the proud owner of a genuine RCA
Digital Satellite System.

The hardware consists of an 18-inch digital satellite receiver dish,
a DSS "receiver" which turns the digital signal coming off of the dish
(in MPEG-1 format) into a regular TV signal, and about a hundred feet of
coaxial cable running between the two of them. The dish and receiver I
have cost around $550. For $50-$100 more, I could have gotten a dish that
will attach to two separate receivers in different parts of the house; as
it was, though, I chose the less expensive dish that only attaches to a
single receiver.

Since DSS signals contain program information as well as video, the
receiver has a nice remote-controlled User Interface that allows me to
switch between watching a show and looking at a menu of what-all is on
and is going to be on. There are 899 channels total, but most of those
are not assigned to stations yet and are blank.

Two companies currently make DSS hardware: RCA and Sony. The Sony
receivers have a faster-responding user interface and can display the
program guide while you're watching a show. The RCA dishes, on the
other hand, are of sturdier construction, are slightly smaller, and
don't have Sony's history of quality-control problems. IMO, the best
combination would be to get an RCA dish and a Sony receiver -- these
would work together but I don't know if dishes and receivers are sold
separately.

Once you buy the hardware, though, you're not done. You must then set
the dish up. Doing it yourself is theoretically possible, but then so
is sending a man to Mars. Circuit City et al. have deals with
installation companies, and can sign you up when you buy the system.
Installation typically costs around $200 and includes all cables and
calls to the service providers to make sure everything is working
properly. (It does not, however, cover the cost of installing a
telephone jack next to your DSS receiver, which I'll tell you about
later.) To receive signals from the one and only DSS satellite in the
continental U.S., your dish must have a "clear horizon" to the south.
(More specifically, you have to point it at the geostationary satellite
hovering 22,000 miles over the equator at the same longitude as Texas.)
There cannot be so much as a tree branch in the way, let alone a roof.
I get a consistently good signal even in bad weather. Of course, if I
didn't own my own home, or if I had one of those Nazi-like homeowners
associations I had to be a member of, I would've had to get permission
to set up the dish outdoors.

When the system is set up, you are then free to subscribe to either or
both DSS program service providers. Two DSS providers currently exist:
DirecTV and USSB. They can control what programs you watch and don't
watch because your DSS receiver, by law, carries a little programmable
card stuck in a slot in its front. This card controls which channels
you may and may not view. It can be programmed remotely by DirecTV or
USSB when you subscribe or unsubscribe to a programming package -- the
provider tells the satellite itself to broadcast a short information
packet containing your receiver's I.D. number (encoded on its card) and
any programming updates, which your receiver then accepts.

One thing about the system, though: Despite having an electronic "mail
box", and supporting pay-per-view programming, a DSS dish cannot
TRANSMIT signals to the satellite. The signals simply would not be
strong enough for the satellite to read. Instead, a DSS receiver has a
telephone cable that you plug into a regular phone jack. This phone
cable establishes a modem connection to your service providers' local
telephone number whenever you order a pay-per-view show. I have not yet
seen a receiver that can send "mail", though -- the only "mail" I ever
get are ads for upcoming pay-per-view shows.

Currently, USSB offers a few "regular" cable channels and a whole slew
of movie channels, while DirecTV has a whole bunch of "regular" cable
channels plus some pay-per-view movie and sports channels.

USSB's regular-cable-channel lineup consists of: MTV, VH1, our dearly
beloved Comedy Central, Lifetime, and a couple of obscure others that
elude my memory. If you want JUST the basic cable channels and none of
USSB's other movie deals, it only costs $7.95 per month.

DirecTV has all the other basic cable channels, including The Sci Fi
Channel. They have 3 tiers of basic cable package deals, the least
expensive of which costs $14.95/mo and the most all-encompassing of which
costs $29.95/mo. All of these tiers include The Sci Fi Channel.
Unfortunately, th one channel I WOULD like to see more of -- the NASA
channel -- isn't carried by DirecTV. Or USSB, for that matter.

The one main drawback of DSS lies in the way it is digitally encoded.
The MPEG-1 encoding scheme is a "lossy" video-compression algorithm;
occasionally a pixel here or there will come out in the wrong color.
DSS MPEG-1 also doesn't respect all the subtle shades of blue, and when
I was watching "Mitchell!" during the Turkey Day marathon, there were a
couple of times where the borders between the Dark parts of Joe Don
Baker's blue jacket and the Darker parts of his jacket looked rather
abrupt. It gave the satin-like effect of reflective fabric, and I'd
really rather not imagine Joe Don Baker in satin. Furthermore, MPEG-1
can only handle so many "differences" between one frame of video and the
next; it occasinally has to drop a frame or two when dealing with sharp,
fast moving areas of strong color (such as the silhouettes of Joel/Mike
and the Bots when they're entering the theater in and sitting down).
However, in DSS's defense, it must be said that the actual picture
quality of each *individual* frame is what you would expect from a
laserdisc player or better.

--
rog...@robadome.com (Roger M. Wilcox) - AKA - tra...@zoom.com (Jeff Boeing)
-------------+---- I'm not flying fast, just orbiting low -------------------

Crow T. Robot

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
c67...@silver.missouri.edu () wrote:

>So, break out the writing gear of your choice and write to those Sci-Fi
>folks. This probably wouldn't be a good time to get them to remove that
>little Saturn logo I would guess :)

First we have to encourage them to pick up MST!

At least their logo is translucent rather than 4 color! :)

lupton

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu (jnevins) wrote: >jess, agreeing with you through the perspective of the champange bottle >he's now drunken alllllllby himself tonight Ooooh, Christine, quick, now's our chance!! (Q quickly hides the rubber chicken, peanut butter and restraints behind her back as jess looks around quizzically) Not that we'd ever use an altered state to take advantage of you, jess darling - my goodness! (points) Whatever in the world can *that* be?? (readies clown hammer stealthily) Q at USC pay no attention to that Q behind the hammer, dear...

jnevins

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
cm...@midway.uchicago.edu (Christine Malcom) writes:

>jnevins <jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu> wrote:
>>cm...@midway.uchicago.edu (Christine Malcom) writes:

>>>Oh *thanks* Q! Let *jess* be the coroner again...no no...just because I've
>>>studied forensics with Robert Kirschner and spent the last 22 weeks figuring
>>>out how to most effectively play with dead things...that's FINE!
>>
>>Christine's right - she's more qualified to be the coroner. Thanks to my

>thanks, jess! I'll go get my lace scrubs!

*pant* I always love it when you wear those....

>>experience in the DoJ, I'm more qualified to be the corrupt police
>>commissioner who creates the cover-up and sweeps this all under the carpet.

>No...it gets stinky under there, best do the river dump again.

it's the police department - _everything_ gets stinky sooner or later...

>>>*I* did it in the ballroom, the billiard room, the lounge the kitchen, the
>>>conservatory, the study, the library, the dining room, the hall AND the
>>>rumpus room with anyone I could get my hands on.
>>
>>*grouch marx eye roll* and believe me, folks, when she says "rumpus" she
>>_means_ rumpus...

>jess, you say the most obscene things....now come here with that rubber
>chicken, ya big lug

say the magic word and win a million orgas--I mean, dollars...

>Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)
>Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who thinks 'sweetest' and 'most obscene'
>are really six of one half a dozen of the other sorta things

jess, agreeing with you through the perspective of the champange bottle

Christine Malcom

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
jnevins <jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu> wrote:
>cm...@midway.uchicago.edu (Christine Malcom) writes:
>>jnevins <jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu> wrote:

>>>Christine's right - she's more qualified to be the coroner. Thanks to my
>
>>thanks, jess! I'll go get my lace scrubs!
>
>*pant* I always love it when you wear those....

*lascivious look* I know...not that it makes up for the fact that I'm not
Gillian Anderson or anything.

>>>experience in the DoJ, I'm more qualified to be the corrupt police
>>>commissioner who creates the cover-up and sweeps this all under the carpet.
>
>>No...it gets stinky under there, best do the river dump again.
>
>it's the police department - _everything_ gets stinky sooner or later...

*pout* but you *know* that waterlogged corpses are my favorites

>>>*grouch marx eye roll* and believe me, folks, when she says "rumpus" she
>>>_means_ rumpus...
>
>>jess, you say the most obscene things....now come here with that rubber
>>chicken, ya big lug
>
>say the magic word and win a million orgas--I mean, dollars...

If only there was a simple word for that...*sigh*

>>Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)
>>Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who thinks 'sweetest' and 'most obscene'
>>are really six of one half a dozen of the other sorta things
>
>jess, agreeing with you through the perspective of the champange bottle
>he's now drunken alllllllby himself tonight

Lucky...I'm disagreeably sober for some unfathomable reason

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman thinks drinking alone sounds about her speed
at the moment

Christine Malcom

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor <tho...@csulb.edu> wrote:
>cm...@midway.uchicago.edu (Christine Malcom) writes:
>>jnevins <jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu> wrote:

>>>Thanks, thor - I had help from Christine Malcom on this one. Glad you
>>>enjoyed it. (wasn't _that_ hard to get through - I used to have to
>>>listen to worse growing up...)
>
>>ummmm...yes, I'm afraid the sandwich bag imagery is mostly my fault. Sorry
>>thor.
>
>>Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)
>>Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who thinks that addition to her freudian slip,
>>her kinks are showing as well
>
>Ah, well . . . I have a deep seated fear of wax paper, myself. So, I
>guess I shouldn't be throwing stones . . .

Absolutely...tin foil balls are *much* more appropriate in this case

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who would like to add that they're superior
because cats love 'em too!

Bill Livingston

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
Previously on "Buddies", Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor (tho...@csulb.edu) says...

>mto...@spoon.beta.com (Lost Boy) writes:
>>In article <4in4nu$k...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,
>>The Emerald Dragon <Kevin....@dartmouth.edu> wrote:

>>>And Kevin will add that it might also be a sign that you're a
>>>professional wrestler or a televangelist.
>>Or an aardvark.
>If those are my only choices, I'm gonna have to go with the aardvark.

Remember, Cerebus doesn't love you, he only wants your money.

Bill L.
Who may vote for Cerebus in '96
bi...@Traveller.COM http://www.Traveller.COM/~bill
Best if Used by Date on Label

Christine Malcom

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
>jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu (jnevins) wrote:
>
>>jess, agreeing with you through the perspective of the champange bottle
>>he's now drunken alllllllby himself tonight
>

> Ooooh, Christine, quick, now's our chance!!

Pre*cise*ly what I was thinking, as usual, my dear Q.

> (Q quickly hides the rubber chicken, peanut butter and restraints
>behind her back as jess looks around quizzically)

*stage whisper* That silly string is gonna fall outta the bag and wake him!

> Not that we'd ever use an altered state to take advantage of you,
>jess darling - my goodness! (points) Whatever in the world can *that*
>be?? (readies clown hammer stealthily)

Of course not *christine further lulls jess by scratching his beard under the
chin*

>Q at USC
>pay no attention to that Q behind the hammer, dear...

She's a very good woman, and a phenomenal wizard

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman is neither

Crow T. Robot

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
Mike Czaplinski <mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com> wrote:

>> Does SFC have an e-mail address? And do they (unlike CC) actually pay
>> attention to e-mails?
>>

>Check out their web page:

>http://www.scifi.com/

>You will eventually get to their 'Feedback' Section, and there's
>a form that allows you to target your letter to whatever department
>you like. In this case, I chose 'Programming'.

>Mike "Haven't gotten a reply yet, though..." Czaplinski
>mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com

They also have a series of Bulletin Boards for posting. lets
see.....if just 10 MiSties posted just one message each day begging /
commenting on them picking up MST, lesee....after a month there would
be 300 messages not including spontaneous replies. hmmmm.....

Crow T. Robot

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96

>Mike Czaplinski <mike.cz...@washingtondc.attgis.com> wrote:

>>http://www.scifi.com/

prophet? There is already a topic started on MST with 15 posts -
think I'll recognize andy names? :)

Bruce Durocher II

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
Juliewa (jul...@aol.com) wrote:
: >> Well, since I don't get CC and don't get SFC, I suppose I'll go for a
: sweep and guess that the MST CDROM won't be available for the Mac. Sigh>>

: dave! it'll be dual format! there's something good eh??

Oh, us ten million Amiga owners are just *thrilled* at the
prospect of fighting with Mac emulators just to use the CD ROM...

John Nevins

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
In article <4ir9a0$a...@usc.edu> lupton <lup...@scf.usc.edu> writes:
>jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu (jnevins) wrote:
>
>>jess, agreeing with you through the perspective of the champange bottle
>>he's now drunken alllllllby himself tonight
>

> Ooooh, Christine, quick, now's our chance!!

My dear, you'd hardly need to get me drunk to take advantage of me. A
simple raised eyebrow would do the trick.

> (Q quickly hides the rubber chicken, peanut butter and restraints
>behind her back as jess looks around quizzically)
>

> Not that we'd ever use an altered state to take advantage of you,
>jess darling - my goodness! (points) Whatever in the world can *that*
>be?? (readies clown hammer stealthily)
>

>Q at USC
>pay no attention to that Q behind the hammer, dear...

jess, looking forward to the Chicago orgy--I mean, visit more than ever

Christine Malcom

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
John Nevins <kal...@tiac.net> wrote:

> Melissa Lupton <lup...@scf.usc.edu> writes:
>>jne...@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu (jnevins) wrote:
>>
>>>jess, agreeing with you through the perspective of the champange bottle
>>>he's now drunken alllllllby himself tonight
>>
>> Ooooh, Christine, quick, now's our chance!!
>
>My dear, you'd hardly need to get me drunk to take advantage of me. A
>simple raised eyebrow would do the trick.

you rotten beast! a raised eyebrow? and you made *me* throw you a luau
and then would only cuddle with me!

>> (Q quickly hides the rubber chicken, peanut butter and restraints
>>behind her back as jess looks around quizzically)
>>
>> Not that we'd ever use an altered state to take advantage of you,
>>jess darling - my goodness! (points) Whatever in the world can *that*
>>be?? (readies clown hammer stealthily)
>>
>>Q at USC
>>pay no attention to that Q behind the hammer, dear...
>
>jess, looking forward to the Chicago orgy--I mean, visit more than ever

My apartment may not survive...perhaps I should look into obtaining University
space....like the wrestling room.

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who thinks they'll definitely need padding
of some sort

Christine Malcom

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
Sid wrote:
>Christine Malcom (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu) wrote:
>
>: >jess, looking forward to the Chicago orgy--I mean, visit more than ever

>: My apartment may not survive...perhaps I should look into obtaining
>: University space....like the wrestling room.
>
>Some of the apartments that are owned by the University of Chicago are bigger
>than most wrestling rooms. It saddens me, it does.

Umm...Sid honey...you *can't* be talking about graduate housing owned by
the University.

>Sid at Boston University, where most bathrooms are bigger than the apartments.

Have I mentioned that while standing in the middle of my freshman dorm room
I could touch both walls simultaneously?

Christine Malcom-Department of Anthropology (cm...@midway.uchicago.edu)

Indestructible Gouda Llama Woman who doesn't live in University-owned housing
anyway

Sid Varma

Roger M. Wilcox

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
In article <4it7nt$5...@texas.nwlink.com>,

Has anyone seen the mouse to my ... uh ...

Uh, wait, you've heard that one already haven't you?

It is loading more messages.