MiSTed Hurricane's Revenge pt 2

1 view

CultofTS

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
(SOL interior. MIKE is in the middle, still looking mildly angry.
CROW is
on the left, TOM is on the right. The time machine is right where we
last
saw it before the commercial.)

MIKE (still angry, but noticeably calmer): I still can't believe you
guys
went and cut my hair while I was asleep.

TOM: Oh, come on, Mike, it's for a good cause!

CROW: Yeah. Besides, it was just a little hair. I mean, it's not
like we
tried to circum--

MIKE: Don't even *joke* about that, Crow!

CROW: Sorry!

(Suddenly the time machine throbs and shudders. We hear a hissing
sound
as the door opens.)

TOM: Wow, I think out new computer is here!

MIKE: Hope it turns out to be worth what you guys did to my hair.

CROW: Don't worry, Mike. When we're all relaxing back on earth,
you'll
forget all about the little hair-cut we gave you.

MIKE: Yeah, well... guess I'd better get this out and see what it
does...

(MIKE walks over to the time machine and opens the door. He reaches
in
and pulls out a light gray box-shaped computer. He pauses, turning it
over,
revealing the each side is flat and without buttons, a monitor, or
anything.)

MIKE: This looks just like a box to me. Heck, it doesn't even feel
that
heavy...

TOM: Of course not, Mike. People in the distant future with their
radically
advanced technology have no need for cumbersome buttons, levers or
screens.

CROW: Not to mention the wonders of lightweight plastic.

(MIKE sets the computer down on the table and stares at it.)

MIKE: Hmm... well, I guess in that case, it must be voice
activated....

(MIKE leans forward a little bit.)

MIKE (to the box): Uh... computer?

(From the box, a voice is heard, female and pleasant.)

COMPUTER: Hello, Mister Michael J. Nelson. I am your new computer.
Ask me what you will.

ALL: Wow!

MIKE: How did you know my name?

COMPUTER: I see all and know all. I have been fully integrated with
nearly every piece of data ever collected for the last six millennia.

CROW: Wow, this is great! Mike, when we get back to earth we'll have
have this thing tell us how's going to win the next World Series.

MIKE: Uh.. Maybe later, Crow. First we've got to *get* back to Earth.

(MIKE clears throat.)

MIKE: Computer, we you need to tell us how we can get off this
satellite
and down to Earth.

COMPUTER: Calculating.... One moment please

MIKE: Alright.

(MIKE and BOTS stand around for several seconds while the computer
hums.)

COMPUTER: Calculations complete. There are over three thousand two
hundred and fifty four ways to perform the action you have requested.

MIKE: Well, great! Uh... give us way number one.

COMPUTER: Number one: Set the auxiliary power of the Satellite to
overload.

MIKE: Oh, okay! Gosh, I don't see why we didn't think of that--uh...
wait
a minute, if we tried that, the Satellite would blow up, and us along
with it.

TOM: Well, we would *technically* get back home..

CROW: Yeah, but not quite the way we'd like to do it...

MIKE: Indeed, Crow. Uh... computer, what's option number two?

COMPUTER: Number two: channel the power of the shields into the main
reactor.

CROW: Uh, Mike, wouldn't that cause a power overload, short circuiting
everything and destroying our ability to maintain orbit around Earth?

MIKE: Yeah, I think it would. Boy, this is not very encouraging. Uh,
computer... can you calculate a way for to get back to Earth *without*
getting killed in the process?

COMPUTER (annoyed): Boy, you're picky!

MIKE: Well... sorry, just that "dying" thing isn't something we care
much
about.

COMPUTER: Calculating problem with new parameters. One moment
please...

MIKE: Ah good.

(Lights flash and alarm sounds.)

MIKE: Not good, we got fanfic sign!

(MIKE and the BOTS rush off as we begin the door sequence.)

(MIKE and the BOTS enter the theater.)

MIKE: Well, hopefully the computer will have a solution calculated for
us
by the time our next break rolls around.

CROW: Yeah, it'll be so nice to get back to Earth and place a few
bets...

MIKE: You're not placing bets on Earth, Crow.

CROW: Why not, Mike? You can make some serious moolah!

MIKE: I didn't invent the time machine for momentary gain, Crow.

CROW; Ah... you big sissy...

> Chapter 4: Deadly Reunions

> Rubble of Generation NeXt citadel...

TOM: I thought the Rubbles were from Bedrock?

> "Well, well well... If it isn't our old friend Tornado. What's wrong
> Tornado? Lose your partner?"

TOM: Uh.. who's speaking?
CROW: For that matter, what's going on?
MIKE: This must be an attempt at suspense, keeping the audience
confused and uncertain as to what is going to happen next.
TOM: I'd throw in the word "bored" as well, Mike...

> "Don't you dare talk about her you piece of scum!"

MIKE (noncommital): Ooh... now we're really getting nasty.

> Deathsparkle blasts Tornado from behind. PAF! PAF!
>
> "UNNNN!"

TOM: BELIEVABLE!
CROW: INNNN!
TOM: COHERENT!
CROW: NOOOON!
TOM: SENSICAL!
MIKE: Okay guys....

> "Don'tcha worry bout her. Once we're done wit' you, we'll go after
> her! And then you can be together for all eternity!"

MIKE (Tornado): Oh, well, thanks! I appreciate the--hey!

> She fires again, but Tornado rolls out of the way and flips to his
> feet.

TOM: Boy, isn't it nice how bad guys never FATALLY shoot an important
character in the back? That's awfully polite of them, I think...

> "What's the game this time?"

MIKE: Count the plot holes?

> "Kill the Hero. Guess who's it?"

> "Ummmmm... Barney?"

> "I hate smartaleks!" Deathsparkle fires several blasts, but once
> again, Tornado evades her sights.

TOM: Uh... I thought he was trying to evade her blasts?

> "Allow me D!"

CROW: Oh great, there are vampire hunters in this story too??

> Hurricane races forward with his version of Tornado's Hyper Kick.

MIKE: Stolen from Street Fighter!

> "WOOMPH!" Tornado is hit dead center.

TOM: Gee, another non-fatal direct hit. These bad guys aren't trying
very
hard...

> That's one down side to
> being Tornado: you always get the wind knocked out of you!"

MIKE: You know, I'd laugh at that, but I'm not sure if I've heard the
punch
line yet...

> "Puns. Is that what you're going to resort to?"

TOM (Tornado): Well, whatever it takes to make you *soar*.

> "No. I prefer the Cyclone Punch!" Tornado slams Hurricane into
> the rubble.

TOM: I prefer Grape Punch myself.
MIKE: I like anything spiked...

> Nice one! I almost felt it! Here! Have a present from me to you!"

MIKE (Tornado): Fruitcake? Ahh, you shouldn't have!

> Hurricane >makes the rubble rise off the ground and high into the
> air. "Catch!" He cancels his hold on the remains of the Gen NeXt HQ.

> "Bodyslide time!" Deathsparkle blasts Tornado and gets close to
> Hurricane, allowing them to teleport out.

CROW: Uh.. .when did Deathsparkle get the ability to teleport?
TOM: Must be yet another one of those convenient powers that alternate
realities are known to grant.
MIKE: And while we're at it, is the rubble just floating in mid air
during
this whole exchange?
TOM: Mike, even the laws of gravity must bow down to the whim of
fanfic writers...
MIKE: Ahh.... huh?

> The rubble lands on the unconscious Tornado...

(All cheer loudly)

> almost...

ALL: Damn.

> From out of nowhere, Hope teleports in and teleports Tornado out
> at the last second.

ALL: DA HELL?!?
TOM: Just how many characters and devices from other comics and shows
are we going to have CONVENIENTLY show up and save this guy's butt?

> "Wake up Aaron! C'mon!"

CROW (Aaron): Oh God, it was horrible! I had a terrible dream... I
was
stuck in this crappy fanfic with all these characters from other comic
worlds and.... and... ahhhhhhh!

> "H-Hurricane! Deathsparkle! Jube!"

> FX and the rest of Gen NeXt come closer.

MIKE: As La Femme Nikita, the Budweiser Frogs, and Forever Knight
stand nearby...
CROW: Mike, don't tell jokes like that. The rate this story is going,
wouldn't be surprised if characters from GI Joe showed up....
TOM: Maybe we'll get lucky and that FX guy will tell us that use 102
for
Super Glue is sticking Aaron to the ground....

> "What's he talking about?" asks FX.

TOM (Gen Next member): I don't know, I can't even figure who's
speaking....

> "Have to find Jube! Before...!"

> "Before what?"

> "Before they do!"

TOM (FX): Do what?
MIKE (Hope): Before who do?
CROW: Who do?
TOM: You do!
MIKE: Do what?
TOM (sings): Remind me of the babe!

> "Who are Hurricane and Deathsparkle?"

> "You don't want to know!"

MIKE: I'd agree with that...

> "What happened here?"

> "Hurricane and Deathsparkle attacked!

MIKE (FX): Who are they again? Oh wait, I didn't want to know...

> They dismantled the base! I can
> fix it, but then, I have to get to her before they kill her!" He fires several
> bee stinger sized tornados into the rubble. Within a few seconds, the
> Citidel is repaired.

CROW: Boy that was easy.
MIKE: To think he could do all that and yet he STILL gets his butt
kicked...
TOM: You know, with another writer, the destruction of the good guys'
home base might be an important, major, plot-turning event. Here it's
just
a lousy footnote.

> "We'll help you!"

> "You can't! Only Jube and I can stop them!"

TOM (FX): Oh, that's good... We didn't *really* want to help,
anyway....

> Hope picks up a piece of paper from the floor. She gives it to FX.

CROW: Floor? I thought we were outside...
MIKE: He must have rebuilt the base AROUND everyone...

> "Message to Tornado from the Fringe: A friend of your's is here at
> our headquarters. She wishes to see you. Please hurry."

MIKE: P.S. We are delighted to know you're straight....

> "Then that's where I'm going to go! I just pray that I'm not too
> late!"

> Chapter 5: Tiger Tiger

> Later, after facing off with the Generation Next member, Tornado,
> Deathsparkle and Hurricane head for their base in the Rocky
> Mountains.

CROW: Geez, I hope they're not going to put John Denver in this story
too!

> "So D, how about a little "Hide the Jubs"? I'm sure that Tornado
> would love to participate."

> Hurricane asked his lover, Deathsparkle, with a sly grin on his face.

> "Sure, sweet stuff. The technology we stole from Sinister in the
> AoA will be perfect in finding my counterpart."

TOM (announcer): Yes, find all your alternate reality counterparts
with the
amazing Pentium Seven from Intel!.

> Heading for the computer terminal, the two refugees of the doomed
> time line hope to find the Jubilee of our time line.

MIKE: Uh.. Didn't we already establish that with the preceding
dialogue?
CROW: It helps to repeat certain things, Mike. Repetition is the
basis of
all learning.
MIKE: Ahhh....
TOM: Yep, Mike, it's true. Repetition *is* the basis of all learning.
MIKE (nods)
CROW: Yeah, Mike, and just in case you didn't learn yet, repetition
is--
MIKE: I got it, already!

> Having the computer
> scan for the same bio-genetic makeup as Deathsparkle, the two prepare
> to pick up the mallrat.

> The Fringe Bar....

MIKE (announcer) : "The Fringe Bar": For when you're just not sure
which
way you swing....

> "Hey, Jubes! How's it going?" says the bartender.

> "Fine Frankie! Has Aaron come by yet? He asked me to come by
> here to have a bite to eat." answered the Californian mallrat,

CROW: Uh... you mean she's been *missing* for two years IN A BAR??
MIKE: She must have become part of the cast of Cheers...

> carrying
> two cats with her.

MIKE: So she regularly lugs two cats around with her to all her dates?
TOM: I'm not even going touch that one, Mike....
CROW (Bartender): Nice cats, what's their names?
MIKE: "Annoying"... "Bartender".

> Suddenly, a blast of pyrotechnics blows away the front door,

MIKE: Which, in turn, causes the walls to crumble, and the roof to
collapse, ending the story!
CROW: You're dreaming again, Mike.
MIKE: It's all I got now...

> revealing two

TOM (singing): Two mints in one!
MIKE: Old commercials, Tom? That's obscure even for you...
TOM: Just keeping you on your toes, Mike.

> pissed off mutants, Hurricane and Deathsparkle.

> "Welcome Jubilation. Sorry Tornado couldn't make it...so I invited
> you to a party. Come D, how about a little Sparkling Spinner for dear
> Jubilee here?" asked Hurricane.

> "Sure, let's take her out and quick. After Christmas sales are in a
> couple of minutes. Can't miss the deals!" answered Deathsparkle.

CROW (Deathsparkle): I may be evil, but I still like to shop!

> Using their powers in unison, the two Chosen members take out
> Jubilee, who drops the cats as she falls. "Leave them. They are useless
> to us."

MIKE: Uh... wasn't there a bartender in this scene and stuff?
TOM: Mike?
MIKE: I know, I know, quit thinking....

> Back at Sinister's lab...

> "Computer. Run a psi-scan of designate: Hurricane and designate:
> Deathsparkle."

> Minutes later...

CROW (Computer): Oh, I'm sorry. What was that command again?

> "Psi-scan complete. Hurricane was a mercenary for Apocalypse.
> Jubilee was a member of a group called the X-Ternals.

TOM: I wonder if the "X-Ternals" liked to hang *out* a lot...

> Hurricane
> stole technology from Sinister and Apocalypse, most importantly mind
> control devices. Also, he stole a time bubble, which he used to escape
> the AoA.

MIKE: Boy, I wish we could steal a time bubble and escape from this
story...

> However, before he left, he saw Jubilee and they fell
> in love. They teleported out of the time line right before it ceased to
> exist.

CROW: And without leaving a tip, nonetheless....

> They have been hiding out in safe houses,

TOM: They also disguised themselves as nuns and hid in a convent for a
little while, too...

> until they joined
> the Chosen. However, it seems they have a hidden agenda, which this
> computer cannot find due to incredible psychic shield implanted in
> their mind.

MIKE: One shield, two characters.. They must be conjoined now or
something...

> Further analysis is necessary."

CROW: So, the computer could find out all this DESPITE the fact the
AoA no longer exists AND that Deathsparkle and Jubilee have psychic
shields?!?
MIKE: This computer is the mother of all plot devices!

TOM: Hey, speaking of computers, the door's open!
MIKE: Alright, guys, lets book! Maybe we won't have to sit through
the
rest of this.
CROW: Sounds good to me!

(MIKE and the BOTS exit the theater.)

(SOL TOM is standing next to the computer, whispering something.)

TOM: Okay, now, give me the results.

(The COMPUTER hums for a second, then suddenly, the humming
increases in pitch and intensity. We hear a loud scream as the
computer
explodes in a shower of sparks and flames. TOM yelps in fear and ducks
under the table.)

(MIKE and CROW run in from the left.)

MIKE: What the? Tom?? What the heck happened here?

TOM (appearing from underneath the table): Oh, uh... hi Mike! Uh...
how's it going?

MIKE: Tom, what the heck happened to the computer?

TOM: Er uh... I don't know, Mike. I just walked in and wham! It blew
up
suddenly.

(MIKE gives TOM a narrow stare.)

MIKE: Tom....

TOM (babbling voice): Okay, okay I did it! I did it! I didn't mean
to, I just
wanted to find out some things...

MIKE: What exactly did you do, Tom?

TOM: Well, I uh... had it connect to the Internet.

MIKE: And?

TOM: Well, I uh... subscribed to the X-Wars list.

MIKE: Tom! Didn't you learn anything from the first time you were on
it?

TOM: I just wanted to try and figure out some of the plot
inconsistencies
in today's experiment. So I got on the list and posted a article with
some
questions which pointed out the apparent plot oversights in the story.

MIKE (long sigh): And then what happened?

TOM: Well, I got about six hundred messages the first time I checked
my
email... But only 60 of them were related to what I had posted, so I
wrote
again...

MIKE: And then?

TOM: Well, my comments triggered a flame war on the group, not to
mention all the responses from other people's responses... I ended up
with
about twelve thousand messages.

CROW: Our advanced computer from the future overloaded cause of
twelve thousand messages?

TOM: Well... uh... no. I then asked the computer to take all the
related to the story and try make sense of the fanfic... Then I told
it to
begin calculating....

(MIKE and CROW sigh loudly, shaking their heads.)

MIKE: Tom, you should have KNOWN that was going to happen.
Remember that time you tried a similar stunt on your old Pentium
computer with that Stephen Ratliff story?

TOM ("teary"): I know, I know, but I thought this computer would be
advanced enough to do it..

MIKE: Uh... Tom, you *did* remember to save the computer calculations
for us getting back home on another disk before you tried this, didn't
you?

TOM: Uh... oops.

MIKE (sighs): Well, there goes are means of getting home.

CROW: And there goes my means of being a really rich robot once we got
back there!

(Lights flash and alarm sounds)

MIKE: And there goes the fanfic sign!

(MIKE and the BOTS dart off, leaving the ruined computer behind.
After
the door sequence we see MIKE and the BOTS enter the theater.)

CROW: You know, Mike, maybe if we shaved the *top* of your head we
could get enough DNA samples to...

MIKE: Forget it, you two, I've given enough DNA samples. And if you
two try to give me another involuntary shave, I'll have you both
recycled.

CROW: Sheesh, what a grouch...

> Chapter 6: Betrayal!

CROW: At Krondor!
MIKE (gasping voice): Bastard! The god of fan fiction... curse you!
Ahhh..
TOM: That was pretty good, Mike.
MIKE: Thanks.

> Just a short distance from the Fringe's HQ...

> Aaron Thall teleports in. He surveys the surrounding area.

TOM: He asks the area if it feels that there is too much violence on
TV,
and which candidate it plans to vote for in the coming election.

> Something's wrong.

MIKE: Well, then, why don't you go outside and kiss the rain?

> I can feel it. It's too quiet. What if...?

> "JUBE!!" He pulls out what appears to be a normal skateboard. But
> on closer inspection, one would see that it is made of metal, and is
> in reality, Tornado's Battle Board.

CROW: Uh.. Okay, so then, what is it in this FICTIONAL story?

> He sets it on the ground and races off.

MIKE: Oh, so he just set the board down and left it there?

> He arrives at the
> compound in less than one minute.

> "OH NO!!! I'M TOO LATE!" He sees the devastation.

TOM (singing): The devastation! See the devastation!
MIKE (singing): Cracked plaster and rubble are coming from my
cremation!

> "They got here first! And by the looks of it, had some fun before
> leaving! You could drive Rush Limbaugh through one of those holes!"

CROW: He's confusing The Citadel with this story's plot...

> He feels something rub against his leg.

(ALL cough furiously)

> He looks down and sees
> his two cats,

CROW: Oh wow, nice that they weren't killed when the building
collapsed...

> Rainbow and Tiger, rubbing against him. "Hey guys!"

MIKE: Cats that RECOGNIZE who their owner is? Now I know this is
fiction!

> At least they're safe! Wait!

TOM: Worry!
CROW: Who cares?
MIKE: At this point, I can't say I do...

> What's that tied to Tiger's collar?

> Aaron picks Tiger up and removes the object. He unfolds the piece
> of paper and reads aloud.

CROW: But the "object" he throws away, figuring it's not important...

> "Tornado: We have Jubilee. You don't know where we are, or what
> we have in store for you. But you will. And soon.
> Wish you were dead,
> Hurricane"

MIKE: P.S. Dinner's in the oven.

> He crushes the note.

TOM: Spraying note juice all over his hand...

> A short while later...

> "No casualties. Good.

MIKE: Well, the plot kinda died somewhere, but I'm not sure if it was
alive
to begin with...

> But I swear Hurricane, no, I promise you this: This fight has just
> begun! And I'm taking you down!!!!"

ALL (singing): To the Paradise City where the grass is green and the
girls
are pretty...

> Sinister's Citadel...

> Hurricane and Deathsparkle enter Sinister's lair.

> "Hurricane! What have you done??!! Goading Tornado into a
> battle! Leaving without my authorization!

TOM (Sinister): Forgetting to put the toilet seat down!
CROW: Setting the VCR to record RAW when you *know* I only watch
Nitro!
TOM: Getting chocolate in the peanut butter!
CROW: Taking the...
MIKE: That's enough guys..
TOM and CROW: Sorry.

> And why have you taken her?" He points in Jubilee's direction. She
> lays unconscious on the floor.

TOM: Ahh.. Jubilee must be all out of faith...
CROW: And naked! Yum yum ya yum!

> Image enters the room. "Image! Why are you here? I did not
> summon you!"

> "It's like this Whitey!"

TOM: Dis be our hood! And if you gon' play wit' us, you got ta be
down
with dat, ya know?

> "We control the horizonal. We control the vertical. And this is not
> the Outer Limits.

CROW: Yeah, it if was, we'd be in suspense about what was going to
happen next.

> We're taking over! The Chosen has no more need for
> outdated leaders! It's time for a new generation of evil to take the
> reins!"

> "You would dare challenge me?! I will not sully my hands on the
> likes of you! Image! Deal with these two foolish children!"

> Image stands still.

MIKE: Still not realizing that they need more than "Spawn" to make the
company a success...

> "She can't hear you. Y'see, we have these little devices that can turn
> someone's brain into so much zombie material."

TOM: So, uh... their ultimate weapon is daytime talk shows?

> Hurricane turns Image around. Sinister sees a tiny metallic dot
> behind her ear.

MIKE: Wow, this is kinda like The Tripod trilogy only not as good...

> "The thing is Sinister... with your other followers on assignment,
> and Image under our control, you have no backup."

TOM (Max): I'd radio for backup, if I had a radio. Or a backup.
MIKE: Let's be a little less obscure next time, okay Tom?

> "And you are saying...?"

TOM ("mock tearful"): You don't love me anymore?

> "Image! Get him!" Image creates dozens of copies of Cyclops, all of
> which fire at Sinister.

> "How dare you! ARRRGH! UNNNN!" Sinister fires plasma blasts
> at the duplicates, but they go right through, without damaging them.

MIKE: Hopefully, this fanfic will have the same effect on us....

> "What fun! I could watch this all day!"

TOM: Speak for yourself, pal!

> "You know it D!"

> "I promise you this Children: I will

TOM (Sinister): AHHH!

> return to reclaim my

CROW (Sinister): ARGGH!

> place as ruler of the

TOM (Sinister): AIIIEEEE!!

> Chosen! You will live to regret this!"

TOM: AHHHHHHH!!
MIKE: Was that necessary guys?
TOM: Sorry, Mike, we just figured Image wouldn't just *stand there*
while Sinister was saying all of that.
CROW: 'Sides, it was fun!

> "Tell someone who cares!"

> Sinister teleports away.

> "Well whadda know, we did it! We control the Chosen now! And
> Tornado's world is about to come crashing down!!!!"

> Chapter 7: Chosen Allies

> After being exiled from his own base, Sinister thinks of a way to rid
> himself of

TOM: Pimples?
CROW: Unwanted facial hair?
MIKE: That annoying diamond tattoo?

> the menace of Hurricane and Deathsparkle.

ALL: Oh.

> "Where can I find someone who could provide a way to defeat
> those two....

MIKE: Thinking... thinking...
TOM: Gosh, who's he gonna come up with, I wonder....

> Of course!! Tornado. It's his doppleganger, so he should be able to
> stop him. Deathsparkle shouldn't be a problem for the awesome power
> of...Sinister!" Sinister tells himself.

TOM (singing in badly imitated "country" voice): That's what we tell
ourselves, that what we have is--
MIKE: Tom, PLEASE!
TOM: Sorry.

> "Computer. Locate designate: Tornado. Open tesseract at his
> coordinates," Sinister commands his computer via a remote control
> controller.

CROW: Remote control controller? Isn't that kinda like an "important
VIP"?
TOM: Or a "huge giant"?
MIKE: Or a "stupid episode of 'Friends'"?
BOTS: Yikes!
MIKE: Sorry, that show just bugs me a lot...

> The tesseract's incredible energies shatter space, opening a
> portal to the Fringe's Bar. There, Tornado stands by where a battle
> had recently taken place He doesn't notice Sinister until he is right
> behind him.

> "Take this, Hurricane!! Cyclone PUNCH!"

CROW (Ray Stevens): And then he body slammed me, and then he pile
drived me, and he did it AGAIN!

> yells Tornado as his
> punches straight through Sinister's chest.
> "Calm yourself, young Generation Next-er.

TOM: So, getting "Cyclone Punched" in the chest didn't hurt?
MIKE (shrugs): I guess not.

> I have come here to ask
> for your assistance in ridding some pests...

CROW: He should have called the Orkin Man, I'll bet he's in the X-Wars
universe somewhere.
MIKE: Quiet, Crow, let's not give these guys any ideas...

> Deathsparkle and Hurricane.
> Will you >accept, or will I have to destroy you as I destroy them?"

MIKE: Ahh... nothing like a veiled threat to win over confidence and
trust,
it's just like being back over my parents' roof...

> "Sinister, if it means getting rid of Hurricane, I'd team up with Bob
> Dole! Where do we start?" answers an excited Tornado.

> Back at the Chosen Base...

> "Image, Burst, Captain, and Cannonball. You are on patrol duty.
> Look for any signs of Sinister or any other mutant.

TOM (Hurricane): They'll be yellow and triangular shaped...

> The rest of you, prepare to take out the Generation Next Citadel.
> Tornado's gonna have a ball seeing what we've done to his nice house,
> right D?" commands Hurricane.

> "Of course, lover. You heard him guys! Get with it!" yelled
> Deathsparkle.

MIKE (Chosen member): Okay.. We're supposed to prepare signs of
Sinister and Tornado, and go on patrol duty at the Citadel.. Got it...

> The Chosen's Horsemen head for guard duty.

CROW (Butt-head): Huh, huh... we like all our "duties".

> Yet, they do not see the small bright light that announces the
> entrance of....

MIKE: Aries?
TOM: A Techno-Mage?
CROW: Nightcrawler?
MIKE: Raiden?
TOM: Sam Beckett?
CROW: The Fairy Godmother?
MIKE: Q?

> Sinister.

ALL: Oh.
CROW: You know, that must not have been a very BRIGHT light if none
of the Horsemen saw it.
TOM: That or the Horsemen aren't very bright "lights" themselves.
MIKE: Hmm.. Why do I have this sudden urge to stick colored pegs into
some black paper in order to make a picture?
BOTS: HUH?
MIKE: Sorry, flashback from childhood....

> Chapter 8: The Battle Begins

> Sinister and Aaron Thall appear in a deserted hallway.

CROW: You mean the hallways covered in ice cream and cake?

> "And now to deal with those imputant little...!"

> "Hold it!

TOM: Hmm.... I think Tornado's just become Tipper Gore...
MIKE: Yeah, he had to keep Sinister from saying anything
inappropriate...

> You heard what they said about the Gen NeXt citadel!" Aaron
> Thall activates his communicator. "FX! Come in! Tornado calling!"

TOM: He forgot to dial 1 800 COLLECT!
MIKE: I think that'd only work if FX was in his calling circle.

> The voice of FX comes out of the special device that the original
> Blue Ranger invented so long ago.

TOM: Funny, I thought Zordon gave the Rangers they're communicators...
MIKE and CROW: Zordon?
TOM: Uh... just uh, a name I heard from the uh... the list. Yeah, the
list...
(MIKE and CROW glance at him, then turn back to the screen.)
MIKE: Er.. okay, Tom....