BATMAN & ROBIN SCRIPT MISTING (3/10)

Badger

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97

> BRUCE
> Dr. Victor Fries Two time Olympic
> Decathelete. Nobel Prize winner in
> molecular biology.

CROW: Denture wearer.

> After his wife
> contracted a rare disease, McGregor's
> Syndrome,

TOM: Which you get from standing too near a plot device.

> he hoped to freeze her in
> cryogenic sleep until he could
> discover a cure. Here's where
> everything goes north.

MIKE: Oh, very sensitive, Brucie-poo!

> Alarms flash. A panel EXPLODES.

TOM: He shouldn't have used the spare panels off of the Star Trek
set.

> Fries is BLOWN into the
> vat of cryogenic solution.
>
> BRUCE
> That liquid is fifty below.

MIKE: Wholesale!

> Fries SCREEAMS, engulfed in the mists of the cryonic
> solution, his skin now frozen, bluish, his hair brittle,
> all but gone.
>
> DICK
> That's gotta hurt.

TOM: No, it gives one a feeling of soothing relief. OF COURSE IT
HURTS YOU MORON!

> BRUCE
> Somehow he survived. But the
> cryoslution mutated his body.

MIKE: You think!?!?!?!

>131 The display shows a turning schematic of Fries.

TOM <BRITISH>: And now a display of Mr. Freeze's(tm) naughty bits
. .

> DICK
> What happened to his wife?

CROW: Like he cares.
TOM: She settled down with Captain Cold after the Flash beat him
once too much.

> BRUCE
> Presumed dead. No one knows.
>
> The display now shows a turning Mr. Freeze. Compartments
> in both suit sleeves are highlighted, flashing diamond
> shapes within.

TOM: And clubs on his ankles.

> BRUCE
> He needs extreme cold to survive.
> His cryo-suit uses diamond enhanced
> lasers to keep him at zero degrees.

TOM: . . . of Kevin Bacon.
MIKE: Lasers? Oh, that's effective for creating cooling.

> DICK
> Let me get this straight.

CROW: Good luck . . .

> brilliant citizen,

TOM: Or Mr. Freeze(tm).

> disfigured by a
> horrible accident, re-emerges as a
> psychotic super-villain bent on
> theft, revenge and destruction.
> You see a pattern here?

MIKE: Only that we did this last film.

> BRUCE
< Maybe it's something in the water.

> Bruce returns Dick's smile.

TOM: Here, you dropped this.

> BRUCE
> Well, if it's ice the iceman
> wants...Alfred!
>
>132 INT. COSTUME VALUT - CONTINUOUS
>
> Alfred stands near the costumes,

TOM: Becoming Butlerman!

> clutching a console, a
> man in intense pain.

MIKE: He saw the film too.

> He lets the wave subside, regains his
> composure.
>
>133 INT. BATCAVE - CONTINUOUS
>
> Alfred emerges as if nothing were wrong.

MIKE: But he read the script, so he's faking it!

> BRUCE
> I need the Wayne Diamonds.

CROW: He's going for the family jewels!

> DICK
> We gonna trap ourselves a snowman?

TOM <BATMAN>: No, build one, it's called art therapy!

> BRUCE
> Absolutely. Just as soon as you take
> ten hours training in the simulator.

TOM: So THAT'S what he calls it.

> DICK
> Woah, I made a mistake. I'm sorry.
> Don't go all protective on me. It
> won't happen again.
>
> BRUCE
> Dick, you were reckless. You could
> have been killed.

MIKE: And Bruce could have been what, mildly wounded.

> DICK
> I'm fine. See. Me. here. Alive.

MIKE: Dick alive. Jane alive. Spot alive.

> How are we gonna work together if
> you're never going to trust me?
>
> ALFRED
> How, indeed?
>
> Bruce stares at the two of them. He smiles a wry smile.
>
> BRUCE
> When did I become the bad guy?

TOM: When you replaced Val Kilmer, but I kind of blame Frank
Miller as well.

>134 INT. BACK STAIRCASE - WALKING
>
> Bruce and Alfred travel the winding stair that leads from
> the Batcave to the top of the house.

MIKE: The entrance changes with each actor . . .

> BRUCE
> He's over-eager, impulsive. I can't
> trust him not to get hurt.
>
> ALFRED
> Perhaps the truth is you don't
> really trust anyone.

MIKE: Perhaps you're plotting against me Alfred!

> BRUCE
> Don't tell me you're on his side.
> Again.

TOM <ROCKY>: Again!

> ALFRED
> Despite all your talents, you
> are still a novice in the ways of family.

CROW: With a capital 'F'

> Dick follows the same ends as you

ALL <LAUGH>

> but
> gets there by his own course. You
> must learn to trust him. For that
> is the nature of family.

MIKE: They have said more in one paragraph . . .

> They step through a doorway into...
>
>135 INT. ALFRED'S QUARTERS - NIGHT - CONTINUOUS

MIKE: The stairway to the Batcave goes to Alfred's bedroom.
TOM <BATMAN>: Sorry Alfred, sorry whoever you are! Just heading
for the Batcave!

> BRUCE
> I trust you, Alfred.
>
> Alfred seems oddly pained by Bruce's words.
>
> ALFRED
> But I shan't be here forever.

MIKE <ALFRED>: If I'm lucky.

> Bruce stares at Alfred a beat. But Alfred just smiles.
>
> ALFRED
> Good night, Master Bruce.

MIKE <ALFRED>: So this is it, I'm going to die.

>135A EXT. WAYNE MANOR - HALLWAY
>
> Bruce EXITS his butler's room. Looks to the end of the
> hallway.
>
>135B A YOUNGER BRUCE, no older than ten comes racing around
> the corner, trips, tumbling to the wooden floor. Another
> figure steps out behind him. ALFRED, decades younger,

MIKE: So only about 90 then.

> kneels
> by the boy, brushing off his knees, giving the boy comfort.

TOM: Southern Comfort!
CROW: Bruce is about twenty years younger, and Alfred is DECADES
younger?

>135C BACK TO SCENE
>
> BRUCE - CLOSE. Blinks away the images from the past,

CROW: Get away from me you pesky past!

> only the
> fragile ghosts of memory, moves off down the empty hallway.
>
>135D INT. ALFRED'S QUARTERS - NIGHT

TOM: ALFRED'S NICKLES - DAY.

> Alfred sit at his computer, activates the screen. he
> lifts a CD, slips in into the disk drive, begins to TYPE.

MIKE <ALFRED>: Time to play "Porno Pirates From Pluto" CD-ROM
interactive.

> COMPUTER
> Override engaged. Copying protected
> files.
>
> Alfred lifts a micro-recorder.
>
> ALFRED
> Still unable to reach you. have
> vital information you must see...

MIKE <ALFRED>: Bruce is so flipping deranged, Mr. Jung.

>136 SCREEN - CLOSE. The files Alfred is copying. Batmobile
> design. Batsuit schematics. All downloading onto the small
> disk.

TOM: He's got one hell of a Zip drive!

>137 EXT. SOUTH AMERICAN JUNGLE - PRISON MORTE - NIGHT
>
> A full moon shines over the hidden complex.

TOM: Put your pants back on, Dr. Woodrue!

>138 INT. TENTED GREENHOUSE LAB
>
> Woodrue stands at Pam's workstation, TALKING on his
> portable phone as he rifles through her research.

MIKE: Pow!
TOM: Blam!

> WOODRUE
> Yes, sir, I'm so pleased you won the
> bidding, Your Supreme Ruthlessness..

MIKE: Thank you Mr. Ming, or may I call you Merciless?

> (OVER) Bane SCREAMS in the distance.

CROW: Thank you sir, may I have another?

> WOODRUE
> We're making the final modifications
> on Bane right now.

TOM: You wanted the eight-track tape player, right?

> We'll have a
> thousand super soldiers out to you
> tomorrow by overnight mail...
>
>139 He hangs up. HOLD on a patch of ivy in the b.g. Perfectly
> still. Suddenly the leaves RUSTLE, as if being moved from
> beneath.

MIKE: Because they probably are . . .

> Woodrue turns as a figure BURSTS, fast, from beneath the
> brush.

TOM: Do not bring your evil here! Get out of the script!

> Magenta hair. Chlorophyll green eyes. Ravaged clothes
> revealing the form and demeanor of a goddess. The woman
> who was once Pamela Isley smiles, moves forward.

TOM: It's Swamp Thang!

> WOODRUE
> Dr. Isley? Pamela? You look great.
> Especially for a dead woman.

MIKE <WOODRUE>: I prefer them dead, you know . . .

> PAMELA
> Hello, Jason. I think I've had a
> change of heart.
>
> Her lips glisten. She leans in and kisses him.

ALL: Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
MIKE: So whatever happened to her reduced her sense of taste . . .

> PAMELA
> Quite literally. I don't think I'm
> human anymore. The animal-plant
> toxins had a rather unique effect on
> me. They replaced my blood with
> alone, my skin with chlorophyll and
> fill my lips with Venom.

CROW: Exposition for fun and profit.
TOM: So if you have sunburn, rub Uma Thurman over your body.
MIKE: That'd make ME feel better.

> Woodrue begins to CHOKE. He falls, clutching his throat.
>
> PAMELA
> Oh, and Jason? One other thing.
> Silly me, I probably should have
> mentioned this earlier. I'm poison.
> (shrugs)
> It's a jungle in here.
>
>140 Pam spills beakers of chemicals onto the floor.

ALL <AS BEAKER:> MeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMeeMee

> She
> throws a Bunsen burner to the ground, the lab suddenly in
> flames.
>
> PAMELA
> Let the flames touch the sky.

MIKE: 'Scuse me while I touch the sky!

> For I
> am nature's arm, her spirit, her
> will.

TOM: Her toenails.
CROW: Her buttocks.
MIKE: Her left ankle.

> Hell, I am mother nature.
> The time has come for plants to take
> back the world so rightfully ours.
> Because it's not nice to fool with
> mother nature.
>
> Something catches Pam's eye.

MIKE: And rips it from the socket.

> Pam lifts a broken beaker
> On it, the Wanye Enterprises logo. (OVER) Bane SCREAMS
> in the distance.
>
> PAMELA
> Coming, Bane darling. We've got a
> plane to catch.
>
>141 EXT. SNOWY CONES ICE CREAM FACTORY - NIGHT

CROW <TOM>: Mmmmmmmmmm. Ice cream!

> An abandoned ice cream factory built in the shape of a
> snowman's face, a dripping cone stuck onto the giant
> snowball head.

TOM: They offed Frosty!

>142 INT. SNOWY CONES ICE CREAM FACTORY
>
> Abandoned. Always freezing. Ice sculpture everywhere.
> Freeze walks the bowels of the old factory.

ALL: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!
TOM: Wait, if he's here, it's not abandoned!
MIKE: Where do they get the electricity? Or is Gotham(tm) Electric
REALLY incompetent?

> ICEMEN in parkas and SNOW BUNNIES eat frozen dinners,
> GUFFAWING as they watch TV. The SEXIEST BUNNY sidles up
> to Freeze.

MIKE: She's the sexiest bunny of them all.
TOM AND CROW: Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwww!

> BUNNY
> Freezy, I'm feeling...hot.

MIKE: Down, Thumper, down!

> FREEZE
> I find that unlikely.
>
> BUNNY
> Okay, my hair is brittle, my skin
> is dry and I don't care. I'd
> weather blizzards to have you.
> You're the most perfect man I've
> ever known.

MIKE: What standards does this woman use?!?!

> FREEZE
> To be frozen. To never change. A
> life of perpetual ice-olation.
> There is little perfection in that.
>
> BUNNY
> (pushing closer)
> What say we turn up the heat?

MIKE: What say we turn up the writing?

> FREEZE
> You're skating on thin ice. My
> passion thaws for my bride alone.
>
> BUNNY
> Forget your frosty femme. These lips
> are wet and ready to get frostbite.

ALL: Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!

> FREEZE
> Hop away little bunny. Before I
> cool your jets. Permanently.
>
> The Bunny storms off.

TOM: What's wrong with this picture?
MIKE: Everything, Tom, everything!

> FREEZE
> I wonder how cold I can get my
> shower...Frosty!
>
> Freeze's faithful aide, FROSTY, appears by his side.

TOM: Happy Birthday!

> FREEZE
> Everyone is always having a good
> time. Except me.

MIKE: And the audience.

> Try as I might,
> can find no pleasure.

TOM: We can relate.

> Perhaps my
> heart truly has turned to ice.
>
>143 Freeze lifts his gun and FIRES, freezing Frosty solid.
>
> FREEZE
> Well, that was fun. There's hope for
> me yet.

MIKE: No there's not.

>143A Freeze stares at his frozen aide a beat, changes the
> setting on his gun and FIRES, a THAWING BEAM melting
> Frosty so he stands now, soaked and dripping like a wet cat.

CROW: Meow!

>143B Freeze turns on his heel. Frosty follows him past
> mounting files of research. Scrawled schematics An icy
> workshop.

MIKE: Where he makes toys for all the bad little girls and boys.

> FREEZE
> Do you think I'm mad, Frosty?

TOM <FROSTY>: I think you're pissed.

> FROSTY
> (wringing out his sleeves)
> That's really a judgment call, boss.

TOM: I vote mad.
CROW: Me to.
MIKE: And me.

>144 OMITTED
>
>145 A flashing display on his suit watch reads LOW POWER.
>
> FREEZE
> Battling the bat exhausted my power.
>
> From a safe, Freeze takes three small diamonds,

MIKE: Two turtledoves.
TOM AND CROW: And a partridge in a pear tree.

> place
> them in the suit compartment. His power levels spike to
> normal.

TOM: In the end zone!

> FREEZE
> But I was successful nevertheless.
>
>146 Freeze continues to a pedestal atop which sits a machine
> powered by two giant diamonds.

CROW: Powered? Are they running on a treadmill?

> Slots for two more diamonds
> are empty. He removes the giant stolen diamond from within
> his tunic, place the gem in an empty third slot.
>
> FREEZE
> One more giant diamond of this size
> and my freezing cannon will be
> complete.

MIKE: Sure it will.

> I will hold Gotham ransom.
> Unless the city bows to my demands,
> it's winter forever here in goat-town.

CROW: And never Christmas.
TOM: Goat town?

> The city fathers will have no choice
> but to give me the billions I need
> to complete my research,

CROW: What does he know about city finances?

> to find the
> cure for...

TOM: The movie.

>146 Freeze has come to a frozen wall.

MIKE: And so has the plot.

> FREEZE
> Leave us. We need quality time.
>
>147 OMITTED
>
>148 As Frosty EXITS in the b.g., Freeze enters a walk-in
> freezer, lifts a frozen dinner box. A SECRET VAULT opens.
> Freezes steps into...

TOM: Gomez Adam's vault!
CROW: Babushka!

>148A INT. FREEZE'S SUBTERRANEAN COLD VAULT
>
> Within, a computerized glacier-like sarcophagus bears his
> frozen wife, a snowflake pendant around her neck.

MIKE: I hope she's wearing more - unless she looks like Maria
Shriver!

> FREEZE
> (touches the glass)
> Soon we will be together once more.
>
> Freeze turns towards his research, heading back to work.
>
> FREEZE
> Nothing frustrates a man like a
> frigid wife.

MIKE: Funny. Ha.
TOM: Come on, let's take a break.

[THEY EXIT]

[BRIDGE OF SOL. MIKE, CROW, AND TOM ENTER]

MIKE: <SIGHS>

CROW: <SIGHS>

TOM:<SIGHS>

MIKE: <LOOKS AT CROW>

CROW: <LOOKS AT MIKE>

MIKE and CROW: <SIGH>

MIKE: <LOOKS AT TOM>

TOM: <LOOKS AT MIKE>

MIKE and TOM: <SIGH>

TOM: <LOOKS AT CROW>

CROW: <LOOKS AT TOM>

TOM and CROW: <SIGH>

ALL: <SIGH>

[MOVIE SIGN LIGHTS FLASH. THE CREW DEJECTEDLY HEADS FOR THE THEATER]

[SOL THEATER. MIKE AND COMPANY SLOUCH INTO THE THEATER]

>149 INT. LIMBO - NIGHT

CROW: Limbo, limbo, limbo!

> Robin is fighting Mr. Freeze and his cronies. Robin
> delivers a fast set of spinning kicks to the Thugs,
> felling them like toys.

MIKE: Unfortunately, Weebles, so they pop back up!

>150 A Thug carrying a large diamond breaks free, racing away.

TOM: Thugs in "Breaking Away!"

> Robin leaps for the escaping Thug, putting his back to
> Freeze.
>
>151 Freeze raises his joined fists high above Robin's head,
> coming down fast. Robin is done for.

CROW: We should hope . . .

>152 Suddenly Batman swing out of the dark,

MIKE: And out of the closet.

> his boots flying
> into Freeze's chest,

TOM: Barefooted, he skids into a corner.

> sending the villain hard to the
> ground.
>
>153 Batman drops to Freeze's chest, HAMMERS a series of
> punches into his tunic, rendering him unconscious.

TOM: So Batman(tm) knocked himself unconscious? Did he hit
Freeze(tm) with his head?

> Batman
> looks up at Robin.
>
>154 BATMAN
> We'll be starting again now.

MIKE: So just keep dancing . . .

>155 Just then Freeze's hand shoots up, grabbing Batman by the
> throat.
>
>156 BATMAN
> Pause virtual reality simulation.
>
> PUSH IN as Batman reaches towards his cowl. SCREEN WIPES
> TO REVEAL...

TOM: The writer, going "Ahhhh, I'll just do this."

>157 BRUCE WAYNE - CLOSE. Pulls off a pair of VR goggles.

CROW: My gosh, Bruce Wayne is Batman(tm)!
TOM: Oh, and I thought it was Billy Batson(tm)!

> WIDER

CROW: Bigger!
TOM: Smaller!
MIKE: Patheticer . . .

> Bruce and Dick, also in VR goggles, stand on an empty
> platform in the back of the Batcave.
>
> DICK
> I got the diamond. Quell problemo, Bruce?

MIKE <GOMEZ>: Oh, Dicky, you spoke Spanish . . .

> BRUCE
> You left your back wide open.

MIKE: Uh-huh.

> Freeze
> could have killed you.

TOM <ROBIN>: If I was lucky . . .

>158 Dick demonstrates a spinning back kick that would have
> dropped Freeze in his tracks.
>
> DICK
> I had it covered.

CROW: Good. You were in public.

> (OVER) A doorbell RINGS.

MIKE: Arhkam calling!

> DICK
> You know, in the circus, The Flying
> Graysons were a team. We had to
> trust each other. We had to count
> on each person to do his part. That's
> what being partners is all about.

TOM: That's how come they all died at the same time.

> (loud)
> End simulation.

MIKE: The movie is over!

>159 Ambient lights come up in the cave.

CROW: Followed by ambient music!

>160 DICK
> Sometimes counting on someone else
> is the only way to win.
>
> (OVER) the doorbell RINGS again.

MIKE: Arhkam calling!!!!!

> DICK
> (puzzled)
> Where's Al?

TOM: Talking to Sam.

> Dick heads for the door.
>
> BRUCE
> (following)
> Couldn't we just for once pretend
> that I'm the teacher and you're the
> student?

TOM: No, you wanted to play Civil War Veteran and Southern Belle!

>162 INT. WAYNE MANOR - FOYER - AFTERNOON
>
> Columns of dancing sunlight fill the giant entryway. Dick
> goes to the front door as Bruce meets Alfred emerging in
> the b.g.
>
> ALFRED
> I must have dozed off. My sincerest
> apologies, sir.

CROW: I was reading the script, I couldn't help myself.

> BRUCE
> No apology necessary. That's the
> first time in thirty years.

MIKE: I don't think it's our dirty minds here guys, this is all
pretty sick . . .

> Bruce smiles, but he can't take his eyes off Alfred.

TOM: He looks great for his age.

> The
> butler seems pale, older than usual.

TOM <ALFRED>: Miss Kyle dropped by, I put on the cowl and
pretended . . .

> DICK
> Mystery pizza delivery?

ALL: No, Mystery Science Theater!

>163 Dick opens the door. A young girl stands in the autumn
> light, beautiful, dressed in prim, schoolgirl clothes,

TOM: Moon Prism Power Activate!
CROW: Tom, don't ever scare me like that again.
MIKE: Yeah, at this rate I'm surprised they haven't brought in
batgirl.

> BARBARA WILSON.

MIKE: Yaaaah!!!!
TOM: Nice call, Mike. Forgot Alicia Silverstone was in this
turkey, dind'cha?
MIKE: Wilson? What happened to Gordon?!

> DICK
> Please be looking for me.

CROW: There aren't many good lines, but he's got them.

> BARBARA
> I'm so sorry to trouble you, but-

TOM: Can I use my precocious martial arts skills and the fact that
I look good in leather to fight crime?

BADGER
Badger's Den - http://www.infinet.com/~badger
Links, Babylon 5 Art, and general rambling.

Unflinchingly stating a working knowledge of HTML since 1995!