MiSTing: Battle Arena Toshinden (1/4)

Matthew R Blackwell

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

Author's note: This takes place shortly before episode 811 parts:The
Clonus Horror.

Mystery Usenet 3000: Battle Arena Toshinden
MiSTed by Matt Blackwell

[Opening credits]
1...2...3...4...5...6...

[Interior scene on the SoL. Mike sits with his eyes averted from Tom,
while Tom talks animatedly.]
Tom:...so, if the guards had just taken a few more precautions, then
they could averted the party getting eaten. I mean, geez, these are
highly trained professional mercenaries , but they can't hit a measly
dinosaur from a few feet away?
Mike: That's nice Tom. [Aside to audience.] Hi everyone. I'm Mike
Nelson, and this is the Satellite of Love. Mrs. F turned off our
power, so we're stuck above this alien planet, alone and defenseless
until she finishes camping. And Tom is elaborating on the mistakes
of the summer movies of 1997...
Tom:... And what kind of name is Leelu? And thermal bandages? Come on.

Don't people in the future have shirts? And don't even get me started
on the alien volcano snake that attacks LA...
[Off stage, there is an earth shattering kaboom. Mike and Tom flop
about the bridge, Star Trek style.]
Mike: What was that?
[Crow enters, reading a copy of Premiere magazine. A picture of Kim
Catrall's upon the cover, captioned with "Kim's Comeback?"]
Mike: Crow! What just happened to the satellite?
Crow: Hmm? Oh, an asteroid hit us. Nothing major. [Resumes reading]
Tom: Oh, and don't get me started on Asteroid!
Mike: Well, how much damage did it do to us?
Crow: Not much. It was a pretty small asteroid. [Briefly resumes
reading, then looks up again.] I think it landed on Tom's copies of
the Picardian .
Tom: AHHHHH!!!! My Picardians!!!!! They're collectors items!!!!! [Tom
rushes off to the right]
Mike: Tom! We'll be right back! TOM!

<Commercial: He's a sports agent, the best of his time. Thirty years
ago, he was frozen to fight evil in the future. The future of 1997.
Tom Cruise is JERRY MAGUIRE: International Man of Mystery!"
"Jerry, I wanna hear that you want to show me the money!"
"Yeah baby! I want to show you the money, bay-bee.....!"
"Okay, never mind man. You'll still be my agent if you just shut up."
"Groovy, baby."

Watch the evil machinations of Dr. Evil!
"So, Maguire wants this Troy Aikman as his client? Well, can he offer
Mr. Aikman a princely sum of ......$10,000 a game?"

Jerry Maguire: International Man of Mystery! Coming soon from
Gramercy!">

[Commercial break ends]
[Back on the SoL, the Bots and Mike stand around a large stone. Tom is

sobbing uncontrollably.]
Crow: Tom, knock it off. Your Picardians are fine.
Tom: [Sobbing] But my collection of Fangoria...
Mike: Crow, stop teasing Tom. And Tom, ...oh never mind. Come on,
let's examine this meteor.
Gypsy: Mike, I've got a bad feeling about this...
Mike: Don't worry, Gypsy. I'm sure that it's perfectly safe.
[Mike picks up a chisel and hammer and places the chisel on the stone,

preparing to strike it.]
Tom: If there's any pudding in there, I call dibs.
Crow: Hey! No fair!
Mike: Knock it off you two. Okay, here goes... [Mike strikes the
chisel with the hammer and the rock falls in two. The trio leans down
and looks at the rock. ]
All: Aahhhh.
[Mike leans down into the asteroid and withdraws a cute little cat]
Mike: Awww. You at the cute wittle puddy-tat. You're a cute wittle
thing aren't you? See Gypsy, there's nothing to worry about here.
Gypsy: I don't know , Mike...
Cat: Meow.
[The mad's light begins to flash.]
Mike: Gerrold, Fontana, and Spinrad are calling.

Camping World
Observer: Ah, the puny bipeds are attendant.
Mrs. F: Hello, Ellison.

SoL:
Mike: Hi, Mrs. F. [He waves. The bots do too. ]

Camping World:
Observer : Yes, hello. Now, according to our studies, you puny bipeds
are entertained by two things: violence and sex. So, we have decided
to deprive you of all such diversions in today's film, through the
use of our Censormatic 5000. I theorize that you shall not survive
more than 3.6 minutes without these trivial item, which we Observers
have long since evolved beyond. Finally, my homeworld will be avenged.

SoL:
Mike: Um, there's no machine here.

Camping World:
Bobo: [Entering scene] It should be there any minute now. We ordered
it from Damark. You know, I didn't know that Damark took Discov...
Observer: Ahem. I would like to gain my vengeance sometime today.
Bobo: Oops. Sorry.
Mrs F: Your movie today , Nelson, is Battle Arena Toshiden, a Japanese
import from the ever so successful "video game turned into a movie"
genre. Enjoy.

SoL:
Crow: But the machine...
[A courier enters.]
Courier: [Looking suspiciously like Bridget] Spaceborne Express.
Sign.
Tom: Mike, you've got working arms...
Mike: Okay. [He signs]
Tom: I've got a bad feeling about this.....
[Lights Flash]
Mike: Too late, WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!!

6...5...4...3...2...1...

[Mike and the Bots settle into their seats , as the opening credits
begin. Off to the left of the theater sits a machine, roughly as tall
as Mike. It emits a quiet hum.]
Tom: So, Crow. What should we do with that cat?
Crow: Let's name him Digby, and he'll be the biggest cat in the world!
Mike: Sigh.

[They sit]

>Battle Arena Toshiden
[Pause]
>The End
All: HURRAY!!!!

[Five minutes of credits, punctuated by annoying Japanese bubble gum
music, then follow. The crew then files out of the theater.]

1...2...3...4...5...6...

The SoL Bridge:
Mike: Wow. Piece of Cake today, Mrs. F.

Camping World:
[The Observer and Mrs F are engaged in a heated dispute.]
Observer : Our vengence is thwarted! This can not be! Explain, biped.
Mrs. F: Look, you're the hyper intelligent being. You should have
realized that this was going to happen. Edit out all of the sex and
violence. Geez.
Observer : We must have our revenge....
Mrs. F: All right, all right. Look, all we have to do is adjust the
settings on the machine, okay? [She reaches over to the Censormatic
5000 and adjusts a knob.]
Okay, this will be much more frustrating for them. Now they can see
the sex, but they can't comment on it.
Observer : Ahh. So, they will become frustrated and their wills will
break.
Excellent. We are glad that we suggested it to you.
Mrs. F: [Eyes glazing over] I am glad that you suggested it to me.
[She shakes her head.] Um, where was I? Oh, yeah. Bobo, adjust the
violence setting.
Prof Bobo: [Cheerfully] Hello. [He reaches over to the violence knob
and begins to turn it. The knob seems stuck, so he struggles in
turning it. Suddenly, the knob comes off in his hand.] Um, Lawgiver?
Mrs. F: Not now, Bobo. [Turns to the camera] So, Nelson. Let's try
this again.
Batttle Arena Toshinden.

SoL:
Crow: I thought that was too easy.
[Lights flash]
Mike: WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!! Again.

6...5...4...3...2...1...

>[Two silhouetted figures stand motionless before a rising sun.]

>Voiceover: Once every few years, a secret tournament of the greatest martial
>artists is held to decide who is the world's most powerful fighter.

Mike: Its founders have cunningly disguised it as the annual
championships of America's Funniest Home Videos.
Crow: Ah. Suddenly all of those "Football to the groin" videos make
sense...

>It is the Battle Arena Toshinden.

Crow: Not to be confused with Toshinden Land. ((tm))

>Their destinies intertwined, these chosen warriors fight for many reasons...

Mike: The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat...
Crow: To end the blight of Pauly Shore movies for all time...
Tom: To get a car repainted for only $29.99...

>Love. Glory. Revenge.

Mike: Boredom. Confusion. Bewilderment.

>Both the participants.and the site of each tournament are selected by the
>"Organization", a clandestine group whose motives are anything but clear.

Tom: This "Organization", backed by the Masons and the Zionists , is
wholly responsible for the Chinese troops stationed in the Midwest,
ready to seize control over our nation's vital corn supply.

>Today, the eleven Toshinden warriors are challenged not only by each other's
>ultimate martial arts skills, but by the mysterious and violent events
>descending upon them all.

Crow: Mysterious and violent events? Hey! It's Pulp Fiction!

>[Black screen]
>The Toshinden Warriors are...
>Eiji (A white suited martial artist with a sword)

Crow: Not to be confused with the Japanese character in every other
Japanese movie based on a video game...

>Kayin (A blonde haired martial artist, parrying a sword)

Crow: Not to be confused with the blond American in ...
Mike: Crow...

>Gaia (A White haired martial artist wearing a green brace around his mouth)

Mike: Apparently muzzles are very popular among martial artists.
Tom: (Muffled) Hello, Wilbur. I've come to kick some booty...

>Sofia (A Female blonde martial artist)

[Crow begins to speak, but the Censormatic 5000 covers up Crow's
comment]
Tom: You say something Crow?
Crow: Yeah. I said, [The Censormatic 5000 activates again.]
Crow: Uh-oh.
Mike: This could be painful, guys.

>Chaos (A bald martial artist with a goofy grin on his face)

Mike: And the aliens say he's Captain Jean Luc Picard....

>Ellis (A female martial artist wearing a leotard with a large red bow on the
>back, with blue hair and carrying a pair of daggers)

Crow: So, apparently these martial artists are being recruited from
debutante balls?
Mike: Or Springfield.
Tom: Fighter Roll Call!

>Duke (Another blond martial artist in medieval European armor, sitting atop
>a horse and wielding a sword.)

Crow: Which one of you took my beer?
Tom: Clydesdalebot!

>Mondo (A black haired martial artist staring off into space.)

Crow: I thought Mondo always wore flowered Hawaiian shirts, and was a
mutant.
Mike: Wrong Mondo, Crow.
Tom: A Gypsy!

>Tracy (A Gray haired martial artist wearing a bandana with a smiley face on
>it.)

Mike: Ah, the representative from "Dazed and Confused" is here.
Tom: Tracy Something!

>Fo (An elderly martial artist with claws on his hands.)

Tom: FOOOO!
Crow: Knock it off Tom.
Tom: Oh, am I bugging you?

>Rungo (An arnoldy looking martial artist wielding what seems to be a
>hurricane lamp.)

Mike: [Austrian Accent] I'll be back. Just as soon as I find a floor
lamp.

>Executive Producers: BMG Victor, Inc
> MOVIC, Co., Ltd.
>Screen Play: Masaharu Amiya

Crow: Mike, I can't find the coin slot for this screen. Get it?
Screen "Play." Heh. Heh.

>[Jets are flying about in a blue sky. A newsman reports.]

Mike: The world was shocked today as the tiny nation of Freedonia
invaded its neighbor Sylvania....

>Newsman: The eyes of the entire world are focused here. As these two great
>nations...

Tom: ...have come together to join in the world's largest House Party
ever! All in House Party Three...

>Original Character Design: Tsukasa Kotobuki

Crow: So he's responsible for Emo Philips? He's quite a character...
Heh. Heh.

>Newsman: ...finally end their long and bitter Cold War with the signing of
>this historic peace treaty.

Mike: You mean we could have stopped this war by just signing this
paper? Gosh, and we were trying to bomb you back to the Stone Age.

>[Ships line the horizon. In the forefront is an aircraft carrier.]

Crow: I predict a "Top Gun" reference.
Tom: Maverick!
Crow: In the movie, Tom...

>[The scene shifts to the carrier where the leaders of the two nations stand to
>the side of a podium. Their flags hang in the background. One is a red circle
>with a yellow starrish shape above two smaller yellow shapes. The other is a
>tricolored flag with three stripes, colored blue, green , and yellow. News crews
>stand below the stage]

Tom: So, these two nations are Nambia and Andorra?

>Animation character design: Kazuto Nakazawa
>Animation director:

Crow: Wow! The Japanese have managed to create cartoons intelligent
enough to be directed!

>[Flash bulbs flash]

Mike: Sean Penn soon declared war on both nations..

>Newsman (vo): It's official!

Tom: The Cubs lose!
Crow: Big surprise.

>[The leaders stand aside a document.]

Tom: As this document clearly shows, we can receive 15 CDs by some of
today's hottest artists for just a penny!

>Newsman [vo]: An historic day, ladies and gentlemen. An important step
>towards world peace.

Mike: Oh, no. Is that kid threatening not to play baseball until we
get world peace again?

>[The leaders begin to shake hands. As their hands move towards each other,
>the horizon is lit by an explosion. Fighter jets on the deck then blow up]

Crow: Yes, it's the new Lockheed Martin Pinto attack jet!

>[Cut to: A naval officer on the bridge]

Tom: [Mumbling] I could have gotten that part in that submarine flick,
but no, they had to give it to Kelsey Grammer...

>Officer: Get me a fix on the enemy position!

Crow: I'm sorry sir! They're in the blacked out area of the map!
Mike: Damn!

>[A radar operator looks at the radar.]
>Radar Operator: There's nothing on the radar screen!

Mike: Just these blinking dots and this moving line.

>Officer (softly): Nothing?

Tom: Ooh, a ghost car...

>Art director: Hiroshi Kato

Mike: What is it with these credits?
Tom: Maybe we're watching "Prince of Darkness."

>[Back on the carrier deck, bodyguards surround the world leaders.]
>Bodyguard #1: Mr President, you'll have to come with us now.
>Leader #1: I want some answers. What's going on?

Tom: (Southern accent) And what's that redheaded reporterette's phone
number? Say, here's a $100,000. Just ask for the Lincoln bedroom...

>[Camera raise up to view the top of the carrier's superstructure where a lone
>figure stands. Ominous music plays.]

Tom: It's Batman!
Crow: It's Wesely Crusher!
Mike: HeLlO, tHe MaStEr HaS sEnT mE tO dIsCuSs A fAbUlOuS mOnEy
MaKiNg PrOjEcT tHaT iS cOmPlEtElY lEgAl AnD oNlY rEqUiReS $5.....
Bots: AHHHHH!!!!

>[M16s and cameras are pointed towards the figure.]

Mike: Good Lord! It's Hard Copy! RUNNNNN!!!!

>[He draws his sword and leaps downwards as the M16s fire, to no effect.
>Something explodes. The marines fire, and are cut down by the figure's
>sword.]

Tom: Ah, yes. The first law of martial arts films: Guys with swords
can ignore people with guns.

>[A helicopter above the carrier swoops towards the battle.]
>Pilot: Target locked. In view. I don't believe it! It's a man!

Mike: A planet where men evolved from men?.

>[The copter fires at the man with no apparent effect. The man leaps upwards
>as the helicopter flies by, shouts a phrase, and the helicopter explodes as he
>passes by and crashes onto the deck. He strides out of the flames of the
>burning helicopter.]

Crow: So, apparently the martial artist has a really good standing
jump.

>Battle Arena Toshinden
>Vol. 1

>Director: Masami Ohbari

>[The scene shifts to a crowded downtown area as a plane passes by. Throngs
>of people mill about. Suddenly a hand appears in the middle of the screen.

Tom: AH! It's David Copperfield!

>Then flowers pop out of the hand, amusing the children watching the display.]
>Kids: Wow.

Mike: Welcome back to Easily Amused Theatre.

>Fo: Here you go children. Enjoy this little present.
>Kid 1: It's wonderful Fo.
>Kid 2: Yeah, thanks.

Crow: But I wanted a Fisher Price Executioner...

>Fo: I wonder what's going to appear next?

Crow: A plot, perhaps?
Tom: I think that Fo's about the violate the CDA... [The Censormatic
5000 activates again]

>[A bus drives by in the background.

Tom: If this movie falls below 55 fights a hour, it'll explode!

>Behind it is the mysterious stranger from the carrier who then grins.]
>Fo (thinking): Can it be?

Crow: Is Geena Davis really getting divorced?

>[The scene shifts to show Fo walking down an alley alone]
>Fo: I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting. One of the things that I take
>pleasure in is seeing little children smile. The other thing I take pleasure in is
>seeing these (He draws his claws) covered in blood.

Tom: You know, Soupy Sales used to end his show with that phrase.
Mike: So did Xuxa. Hmmm. Xuxa...
Crow: Later Mike.

>[A fight ensues. Something blows up for no discernible reason.]

Crow: It's Rubbermaid's new Pinto Garbage Can!

>Fo: Bad mistake, Sho. This is a dead end. And in an alley this narrow, you
>can't counterattack at full power.

Mike: So he should downshift then?

>Sho: Careful, old fool.
>Fo: WHAT???

Crow: HE SAID CAREFUL OLD FOOL!

>Sho: Is this the extent of your power?
>Fo: You watch your tongue... How will you stop me?

Tom: Well, I've got a restraining order...

>Sho: Like this....
>[Swords Clash. A sphere of orange light forms around the clashing swords.]
>Fo: It can't be! He's using my technique! ARRRRRGGHHH!!!

Mike: He's using post-impressionism! RUN!

>[The scene shifts to the countryside. A guy on a motorcycle rides by. He
>carries a katana. The bike stops, the rider dismounts and removes his helmet,

Bots: o~/ Take on me...o/~

>revealing Eiji.]
>Eiji: This is such a desolate place now. [vo] It was one year ago, at the
>Toshiden tournament and I haven't forgotten Gaia.

Mike: Yes, it's "I Remember Gaia.."

>[Flashback. Swords clash in a flash of white light. Eiji lands in the
>background while Gaia, clad in a red samurai-ish suit of armor lands in the
>foreground.]
>Gaia: Magnificent! My body trembles before you Eiji!

[The Censormatic 5000 activates again.]

>Eiji: [Breathless] There's more where that came from Gaia.

[Once again, the Censormatic 5000 activates. Mike and the bots look
around anxiously.]

>Gaia: I've been looking for a man like you. Why don't you join me? Let us
>fight together. Side by side.

[The Censormatic 5000 activates yet again.]

>Eiji: Don't hand me any of that sweettalk. [Eiji yells, and hurls a fireball at
>Gaia.]
>Gaia: I like you more and more.

[You guessed it, The Censormatic 5000 activates again.]

>[The fireball hits Gaia]
>Eiji: I think I got him.

Crow: 5..4..3..2..1

>[The scene shifts back to Gaia. Half of his face armor has been blown away.]
>Gaia: Ahh, it's the same technique that Sho used.
>Eiji: What do you know about my brother? Gaia, tell me everything.

Crow: Well, first of all, Darth Vader is Luke's dad. And Rosebud's a
sled. And the Monkees didn't really play their own instruments...

>Gaia: If you're looking for your brother, I can't help you.
>Eiji: Tell me where he is.

Mike: Apparently he missed that last line.

>Gaia: Where indeed? I'd like to know myself.
>[White light flares on the left of the screen.]

Crow; Say, they're fighting near that island in True Lies!
Tom: Head for the light! Head for the light!

>Chaos: Blooming Gaia!

All: Blooming?

>[Ninjas appear. Gaia and Eiji are surrounded.]
>Eiji: How big of you! Gaia, no fair!
>[The ninjas part ranks, revealing a helicopter. Chaos walks from the copter.]
>Chaos: So sorry to disturb you.
>Gaia: Chaos!

Mike: So, the Eternal Champion's mixed up in this then?

>Chaos: You're using the Toshinden tournament to recruit the best fighters so
>you can lead them against our organization.
>Gaia: Your deductive skills are admirable. But I can not allow you to capture
>me yet.
>Chaos: And I can not allow you to escape.

Mike: Well, it looks like you've both got a problem then.
Tom: You know, a short conflict resolution course would have solved
this entire problem.

>Eiji: What's going on? Who are you people?

Crow: It's the cast from Rent!
Mike: Hi! We're Up With People!
Tom: This is Peanut. He's a Woozle.

>Chaos:[Laughs] So, I guess that this will be a battle to the death for you and
>me. [He yells]

Tom: One of us is going to walk away from this fight, AND IT WON'T BE
ME!

>Gaia: So am I Chaos. [He yells]

Crow: So am I what?

>[Chaos leaps into the air. He swings his scythe into Gaia's head and it cuts
>though all of the armor].

Mike: That paper mache armor never works.

>Eiji: [While busily cutting apart a ninja] What the...?
>[Oops, Gaia's not in the armor. He passes the time by impaling Chaos with
>his sword. Chaos spits out blood. Gaia removes his sword. Eiji hops into the
>shot, but a wall of fire erupts]

Mike: Boy, Gaia's really protective of his screen time.

>Eiji: GAIA!!!
>Gaia: Eiji, train yourself well, for only then can our true battle begin.
>[Laughs]

>[The Present]
>Eiji: The tournament ended, settling nothing between myself and Gaia, and I
>still haven't been able to find my brother.

Tom: Plus, I seem to be speaking only in exposition.

>[A noise comes from offscreen]
>Eiji: Huh?
>[Kayin has been leaning against a pillar with his arms crossed. He draws his
>sword and steps forward.]
>Kayin: I've been waiting for you, Eiji.

Crow: Boy, these college loan officers are really persistent.

>Eiji: Kayin. [He draws his katana. The two stare at each with blades drawn,
>ready to attack. The sky is blue. A fight begins.]

Crow: Wow. A fight.
Tom: Yep. Haven't seen one of those before.

>Kayin: Hey, you've gotten even better, Eiji.

[The Censormatic 5000 once again flares to life. Crow shoots a angry
glance at it.]

>Eiji: So have you Kayin.
>[Words are yelled. People jump around. We see Eiji's bike. The two fight
>until the setting sun. Speed lines and slow motion make an appearance. The
>fight stops, with both fighters in mid swing.]

Mike: Red Light!

>Kayin: I'd never want you as my enemy.
>Eiji: I know what you mean.
>Kayin: Not a bad fight, but I'm still better than you'll ever be.

Crow: I don't know. I've been working as a talk radio host...

>Eiji: Nice to see you too.
>Kayin: Thanks. [They shake hands.]

Mike: [Manically] And when the two shake hands, the Galactic Peace
Memorial will explode, leaving the LSV to reign supreme! BWHAH-HA-
HA!!!!!
Tom: Mike, we're the comic fan bots around here.
Crow: Yeah, quit grabbing our shticks.

>[The scene shifts. Lightning flashes.

Tom: o/~ I can see it coming down again... o/~

>A statue makes a hand gesture. A bonfire is lit.

Crow: [Bea Arthur] Day 3: The natives approach the cruise ship asking
for
sacrifices. We give them Estelle Getty.

>Two fighters stare at each other as a storm approaches. One is Sho, whose left
>eye glows red.

Mike: Of course if the right eye was red, that would only mean that
he's crossed the equator.

>The other is Mondo]
>Mondo: I can take him. Mustn't see my enemy with my eyes. Must feel him
>with my heart. I'll use the toricky-dai-hustsu matsu and defeat him with One
>blow!

Mike: Or I could use that M-16 over there...

>[He leaps into the air, surrounded by glowing motes of light.

Crow: Yay! Tink's helping him!

>Yelling. A fireball erupts from the sword. His eyes widen in terror as the
>fireball hits him, sending him crashing to the ground. He yells, sounding
>somewhat like Crow falling from the Mile High cake, but for not quite as
>long.]
>Mondo: Impossible. How could he have known... Huh?

Tom: Well, he surely couldn't have figured out what you were doing
when you started shouting out what you were going to do...

>[Sho stands above the downed fighter. The scene shifts to a cliff. Gulls cry.

Crow: Seeing this, I don't blame them.

>We see a tombstone marked with a sword. Eiji places flowers on the grave and
>begins to pray as Keyin walks towards him. He's carrying flowers.]

Mike: Um, Eiji? I was kinda hoping to ask the dead guy if he's not
busy on Saturday...
Bots: EEEEEWWW!

>Kayin: Thanks a lot. I'm sure Dad must be glad to see you.
>Eiji: He told me to say hi.

Tom: Yes, Eiji calls the psychic friends network, shouldn't you?

>Kayin: Really?

Mike: Okay. I'll back away slowly. Must. Not. Make. Eye. Contact.

>Hrrumph. First it was old man Fo. Now Mondo's been attacked. There's no
>doubt about it now. The top Toshiden fighters have got to be on someone's hit
>list.

Tom: I bet that pesky Mario's behind this..

>Eiji: Yeah.
>Kayin: I've heard rumors that it's ....

Crow: Mel Torme?
Tom: Doug Herzog?
Mike: Shaft?
Bots: Shut your mouth!

>Eiji: Sho.
>Kayin: I know that look. Don't tell me that you're going there alone.

All: He's going there alone.

>Eiji: I'm sorry, but I have to know the truth about him.

Mike: Eiji Mulder, F.B.I.

>[Kayin grabs Eiji's shirt by the collar.]

Crow: Hey, is this silk?

>Kayin: Look! Stop keeping it inside and talk to me! Let me help! [Softer] We
>both know that your brother killed my dad, but he lost that fight like a true
>warrior! With honor. But Eiji. It doesn't change anything between us. [He
>releases the shirt] It doesn't mean that we're not friends anymore. I'm just
>saying that we should always fight together.

Tom: Well, Kayin has some issues...

>Eiji: Kayin.
>[Kayin turns and grins. There are two sets of flowers on the grave now.]

Crow:: It's VC Andrews' famous novel "Two Sets of Flowers in the
Attic."
Tom: It's time, guys.
[The crew leaves the theater.]