MSTed: ADVERTISE TO OVER 100 MILLION PEOPLE FOR FREE!!!

Chris Gleason

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

[INT. Sattelite of Love]

Mike Nelson is sitting behind the console reading a magazine. Crow walks
up to him.

CROW: Hey, Mike! Whatcha readin'?

MIKE: Oh, hi, Crow! I'm just looking over this article in
. "Stranded Temp Monthly" regarding the extraordinary
. proliferation of Internet access subscriptions recently,
. due partially to the widespread distribution of lewd
. or lascivious images for an effectively nominal charge.

CROW: Uhhhh... huh?

MIKE: That means a lot of people are getting computers so they
. can see cheap pictures of... er... (whispers in Crow's ear)

CROW: Ooooooooooooh! I wanna try!

Enter Tom Servo.

TOM: Whatcha up to, guys?

CROW [quickly]: BOOBIES!!!

Mike clams him up.

TOM: Heeeeey!

MIKE: Hi, Tom. Crow and I were discussing computers, actually.

CROW (muffled): Bmmmmmeeeeezzzzz!

TOM: Well, don't let me get in the way of getting your mechanical
. jollies. I'll just sit here and watch.

MIKE: No! There's nothing going on here th....

Signal lights flash.

MIKE: Uh, oh... looks like Otto and Pierre are calling.

Mike releases Crow and hits the light.

CROW: Boobies!

[INT. DEEP 13]

DR. F: Hey, let's not be stepping on my turf there, peons!

[INT. SOL]

Mike clams up Crow again.

MIKE: Sorry, your holiness. What can I do for you?

[INT. D13]

DR. F: Well! That's more like it! Before we send you this
. week's experiment, Frank and I have come up with a
. diabolically evil scheme to destroy the one source of
. happiness for all children: fast-food playgrounds. You
. see, when a parent takes a child to a fast-food
. restaurant, the parent tends to stay on the sidelines and
. watch the child run about. It's one of the few vestiges
. of pure childhood joy left in this dark, cynical... ooh,
. it makes me tingle with excitement to think about it...
. world of ours.

FRANK: That's right, Dr. Forrester. You see, Mike, kids LOVE
. to run around in those little hamster tunnels, climb on
. the obligatory rope ladders, and even relieve themselves
. in the gaily-colored ball pits!

DR. F: "Gaily-colored," Frank?

FRANK (confused): What?

DR. F: Anyway, Mike, 'bots, in order to secure my place in
. history as the most purely evil, vile, villianous... er...
. villain... I have decided to introduce a new variable
. into that world of scary clowns and big, fat, purple,
. shake-drinking freaks.

[INT. SOL]

MIKE: Uhhhh, Dr. F, didn't you already try that with the "Unhappy
. Meals?"

[INT. D13]

DR. F: Yeah, well... I never could get those marketed properly.
. Some nonsense about "health regulations" preventing
. them from even making it past the test-market stage.
. Anyway, piglets, allow me to introduce to you the...

FRANK (interrupting): Gaily-colored!

Dr. F smacks Frank in the forehead.

DR. F: Quiet, you blabbering mountain of ancient Suzy Qs!

Frank sticks out his tongue at Dr. F and keeps it out. Dr. F pretends not
to notice for the moment.

[INT. SOL]

ALL: GET ON WITH IT!!!

[INT. D13]

DR. F: Allow me to introduce to you the "Beanie Baby." This
. terminally cute stuffed doll will infiltrate hamburger
. stands all over the world, and for the paltry little
. sum of $1.39 each plus tax, I will turn the parents of
. those vile little rugrats into regressed imbeciles!

FRANK: They'll become even more obsessed by these little
. McNuggets of evil than their own children. Eventually,
. they'll want to run around on the playground itself!

DR. F: I don't know if you've ever thought about this, Mike, and
. judging by your mental aptitude test here, you haven't...

[INT. SOL]

MIKE: Hey! I scored a perfect 100% on my Captain Kangaroo Fan
. Club entrance exam!

TOM: You did? I only got an 87%.

MIKE: Did you get tripped up on the "Mr. Greenjeans: Myth or
. Matopaea" section?

TOM (sadly): Yes....

[INT. D13]

DR. F: Right. My point is, oh dullest of the knives, that if
. you've ever seen a 200-pound adult running amok on one
. of those Human Habitrails, you know that's a recipe for
. disaster! The entire fast-food playground industry will
. be on its collective knees begging me to rid the world
. of these disgustingly innocent little toys... and then,
. so will the world! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

[INT. SOL]

MIKE: You're a sad, strange little man, Dr. Forrester. You have
. my pity.

[INT. D13]

DR. F: Unfortunately, Mike, you don't have mine. To illustrate
. my point, I have for you this week's experiment. It's a
. tasty little number from the good people at Hormel
. called, "ADVERTISE TO OVER 100 MILLION PEOPLE FOR FREE!!!"
. Enjoy it, if you dare....

Dr. F then turns around to Frank, who has had his tongue out the whole
time, and nabs Frank's tongue with a pair of pliers.

FRANK: Mlaaaaaaaaaah!

DR. F: I'll show YOU something that's gaily-colored!

[INT. SOL]

Lights flash and buzzers sound.

MIKE: AAAAAAAH! We've got SPAM SIGN!

1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6

CROW: Are they going to make a Boobie Beanie Baby?

MIKE: I've heard about enough out of you!

TOM: Quiet, guys. It's starting. I can't wait! I love a
. good Spamwich!

MIKE: What's a "good" Spamwich?

>Please take the time out to read this email. it is worth your time.

TOM: Somehow, I seriously doubt that.

>ADVERTISE TO OVER 100 MILLION PEOPLE FOR FREE!!!
> Or send a message to millions of people...

CROW: Or just send a telegram to your aunt Hildegard out in Utah.

MIKE: Or tie a couple of cans together with a piece of waxed string.

TOM: Or simply open your mind and communicate with the dead.

>NOW YOU CAN ADVERTISE FREE AND GET DRAMATICALLY
>MORE RESPONSES THAN ADVERTISING ON NATIONAL TELEVISION

MIKE: Aaaauughh! Stop shouting!

TOM: Yes, you, too can reach an audience more responsive than the TV
. viewers of the world, as evidenced by the tremendous amount of
. Spam spread by the Coca-Cola company.

>With E-mail your potential customer is forced to read at least the
>headline of your letter.

TOM: Guess again, cowboy! *PLONK*

>Unlike TV, magazines, newspaper ads, and
>direct mail where more than 99.99% of the recipients will skip right
>over your advertisement.

CROW: Yeah! Where's the beef?

MIKE: Aren't you glad you use Usenet? Don't you wish everyone did?

TOM: Your ads will be fresh and clean as a whistle!

>TURNS YOUR COMPUTER INTO A CASH REGISTER:

MIKE: Hooked on Ebonics worked for him!

>Conservative estimates indicate
>well over 100 MILLION people will have E-mail accounts in the next year!

TOM: This poll was made possible by a grant from the EIB Network.

>E-Mail Blaster turns your computer into a cash register by giving you
FREE,
>immediate access to all of them. Do you think some of the more than 100
>million people with E-mail addresses would be interested in your products
or
>services?

MIKE (as per Python skit): But I don't like Spam!

CROW: E-Mail Blaster! New from Mattel!

>Even if you don't have your own products or services you can
>still make money buy promoting our computer software!!!

TOM: "Make money BUY promoting?"

MIKE: Maybe Kevin Nealon is the huckster here.

>You can make money with our new software called E-MAIL BLASTER

CROW: Now is it "E-Mail Blaster" or "E-MAIL BLASTER?"

MIKE & TOM: Who cares?

>Here's how:

TOM (singsong): "... we go gathering nuts in May, nuts in May...."

>* By Using E-Mail To Sell Your Products & Services

MIKE: My God... it's MARY KAY!!!

>* By Using E-Mail To Sell our Computer Software such as: Email Blaster,
Web Walker,
> Email Lock Box etc.

CROW: Now is it "E-Mail Blaster," "E-MAIL BLASTER" or "Email Blaster?"

TOM: Croooooowwww....

>* By Renting or Selling Your E-mail Addresses

TOM: Slut!

>* By Becoming A Distributor for e-mail BLASTER

CROW: Now is it "E-Mail Blaster," "E-MAIL BLASTER," "Email Blaster"
. or "e-mail BLASTER?"

MIKE: Shut up, Crow!

>MUCH FASTER: With bulk E-mail you get responses back in 1 to 4
>days instead of waiting weeks or months like with television or print
>advertising.

CROW: You, too, can get flamed in minutes instead of days!!!

> You can begin filling orders the same day you send E-mail.

MIKE: "OK, that's one order for me to go to hell. Would you like fries
. with that?"

>FREE ADVERTISING WORTH MILLIONS: It costs millions of dollars to mail
out
>millions of letters using the United States Postal Service!

TOM: Not to mention a few hundred dead Postal managers.

>Now you can
>send your ad to MILLIONS of people for FREE using E-Mail BLASTER

CROW: Now is it "E-Mail Blaster," "E-MAIL BLASTER," "Email Blaster,"
. "e-mail BLASTER" or "E-Mail BLASTER?"

MIKE & TOM: CROOOOOOWWWWW!!!

>E-MAIL BLASTER IS ACTUALLY 3 PROGRAMS IN 1:

MIKE: It's a floor wax!

CROW: It's a dessert topping!

TOM: You can cut through this leather shoe with it and still slice a
. tomato!

>E-Mail Blaster is amazing new
>technology

MIKE: Called the "For-Next Loop (tm)."

>and the most advanced bulk E-mail software on the market today.
>(1) E-Mail BLASTER automatically extracts E-mail addresses from America
>Online, CompuServe, Prodigy, and the other online services, the Internet,
>web pages, news groups, and hundreds of other sources.

TOM: Without having to deal with all those pesky privacy issues.

>(2) E-Mail BLASTER
>automatically stores the E-mail addresses in your computer along with
>keywords that describe hobbies and interests to created highly targeted
>E-mail addresses.

CROW: Words such as "loser," "nose-picker," "sleaze," and "BOOBIES!"

Mike clams up Crow again.

>(3) E-Mail BLASTER sends your marketing letter or ad to
>MILLIONS of targeted E-mail addresses at the push of a single button!

MIKE (as Ronald Reagan): "Gorby? Dutch here. Listen, I just pushed the
. button. The bombs will be falling on you in twenty minutes. You
. might want to take a snootful of that fine commie vodka!"

>HOW DOES E-MAIL BLASTER WORK?

TOM: Like getting hit in the head with a lemon peel wrapped around a
. large gold brick.

MIKE: The Pan-Galactic E-Mail Blaster!

>E-Mail Blaster has dozens of special filters

CROW: To eliminate all that harmful tar and nicotine, so you can blast
. e-mail forever and not die of lung cancer.

>to automatically harvest E-mail addresses from major online services such
as:
>America OnLine, Compuserve, Delphi, Genie, and of course the internet.

TOM: We've been over this already, haven't we?

MIKE: This is Spam, Tom. It's SUPPOSED to be chopped, pressed and
. stuffed full of redundant and repugnant gelatinous filler.

TOM: Oh!

>AOL AUTO EXTRACTOR:

CROW: Removes all those unsightly AOL stains forever!

>E-Mail Blaster has many special features

TOM: Like a built-in fire extinguisher for when your computer lights
. up the eastern sky with flames.

MIKE: George...@aol.com

>Allows you to download names and addresses
>from America Online without paying membership fees or online charges.

TOM: Attack of the Giant E-Mail Address Leeches!

>Auto Extractor
>for all of the online services and Special E-mail database search engines
will
>also be available at no additional charge.

CROW: If we ever feel up to getting off our fat asses and doing something
. productive.

>SIMPLE TO USE: E-Mail Blaster does all the work for you.

TOM: Because you're obviously too much of a slug to find work on your own.

>Unlike other
>programs where you must cut & paste addresses, E-Mail Blaster does it for
you
>automatically.

MIKE: Leaving you free to eat the paste at your leisure.

>And, unlike other E-mail programs, with E-Mail Blaster there
>is no need to purchase any additional software

CROW (German accent): Zere iz nozzing more you need. Ve vill provide
. EVERYZING!

>SPEED:

MIKE: Pop quiz, hot-shot!

>Your time is important.

TOM: So waste *other* people's time with tons of Spam!

>E-MAIL Blaster is DRAMATICALLY FASTER at
>extracting and sending E-mails than all the other programs on the market
>that we tested it against.

CROW: We pitted E-Mail Blaster up against two 90-year old women who had
. never even touched a computer before. Let's see the results....

>NO SPECIAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED:

Mike clams up Crow yet again.

CROW: Mmmmmmffff!

>E-Mail Blaster runs on a PC with Windows
>3.xx Windows 95,

MIKE: Windows 3.xx Windows 95 will be available next summer at the
. latest, unless we at Microsoft feel we need to delay release
. of it a little more to generate just that much more hype.

>Windows NT, a 386 or faster processor, 4 MB RAM, and a
>hard drive with at least 10 MB free and your own SLIP or PPP connection.
No
>other software needed.

CROW: Ja vol, mein herr!

>Also runs on a Macintosh with Soft Windows installed.

TOM: That's a lie. NOTHING runs with Soft Windows installed.

>This message was sent using E-Mail Blaster.

CROW: Hence the smoking hole in my Inbox.

>E-Mail Blaster is The World's Leading Bulk E-mail software.
>With E-Mail Blaster you can advertise to over 100 million people for
FREE!

>Cost:

MIKE: What the... huh?

>We are giving away Email Blaster

MIKE: Oh, so it *is* free.

>your only cost is $165.00 License fee.

MIKE: WAIT A MINUTE!!!

TOM: Me License fee. You Jane. Spammer dickweed.

>THAT'S IT!!!

CROW: Great! We can leave!

TOM: Not yet.

CROW: Awwwwww....

>Our company is in the software business of developing cutting edge
products, so
>we know if you have the opportunity to use our software FREE you will be
our future
>customers.

MIKE: Oh, I can see how that logically follows... huh?

>We know we need you to make our software business a true success!

CROW: As opposed to the worthless shell of a success we are already.

>(Please if our lists are incorrect put "remove" in the subject and just
>hit "REPLY" and you will not be bothered again. Please forgive our
mistake).

TOM: Klatuu, barata, nikto!

********
>***************************
>To take advantage of this opportunity, please fill out the order form
below and fax
>to 1-407-380-3545. Don't miss out on this opportunity! Sales Rep:
(Nejeh
Yusuf @
>407 380 3545)

MIKE: Don't even THINK about calling this idiot at 3 a.m. and chewing him
out.

>Name: _____________________________________________________

CROW: I. M. A. Weenie. <*snicker*>

>Address:____________________________________________________

MIKE: WHAT classified address?

>City:___________________________________________

CROW: Built on Rock 'N' Roll.

>State:___________________________

TOM: *I* am certainly confused.

>Zip:_____________________________

MIKE: By Nico Mak Computing, Inc.

>Telephone::_____________________________________________

TOM: The two colons are for extra freshness!

>E-Mail Address:__________________________________________

CROW (as Yosemite Sam): So I can BLAST you out!

MIKE: Shouldn't that be "Number of FREE copies @ $165.00 each?"

>If you would like to run Email Blaster on multiple computers or if you
would
>like to resell Email Blaster for up to $499.

TOM: Aaaaaaauuugghhh! Medic! We need an independent clause, STAT!

>you may purchase additional copies
>of Email Blaster for only $165.00. Retails for $499.00

MIKE: And still for free!

>This price is only available
>at the time of this order!

CROW: So be sure to hold him to this price forever by replying
. from Deja-News.

>So, Take advantage now and reserve your additional copies now!

TOM: And call me a jerk now and profligate more Spam now!

*
>WE DO ALSO ACCEPT CHECKS BY FAX AND PHONE. WHY WAIT WHILE YOU CAN GET
AHEAD.

******

MIKE: Man, those asterisk lines need a better barber.

>If you would like to pay by check, money order, or cashiers check please
make
>payable to: Nejeh Yusuf

CROW: And be sure to send a carbon copy off to the IRS!

TOM: id...@dickweed.com

>2168 River Park Blvd. Orlando Florida 32817

MIKE: Don't even THINK about mailing a dead fish wrapped in newspaper to
. this yo-yo.

>or Fax to 1-407-380-3545 along with this order form.

MIKE: And don't even THINK about faxing this person a looped strip
. of black paper!

>ne...@gdi.net

CROW: Kids, get your mailbomb programs ready!

TOM: Time to go, guys!

CROW: Yay!

MIKE: About time....

6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1

MIKE: Whew! I didn't think were were going to make it through that one!

CROW: I'm actually kind of disappointed, Mike! I was hoping he would
. have told us how we can find picture of...

MIKE: Don't say it, Crow!

CROW: Awwww....

TOM: Say what, Mike?

CROW: BOOBIES!!!

MIKE: That's it, Crow! Off to the corner! No D-cells after dinner
. tonight!

CROW: Miiiiiike!

Crow mopes offscreen.

TOM: He only said "boobies," Mike!

MIKE: You, too, Tom. Go!

TOM: I will have my revenge....

Tom follows Crow. Mike looks exasperated and glances back to the Mads.

MIKE: Well, sirs?

[INT. D13]

Frank is sitting off in a corner with an outrageously large, yet
gaily-colored, bandage around his tongue. Dr. F is in the middle of the
shot.

DR. F: Ah, Mike. I see you've survived this week's train wreck. Oh,
. well. There's always the Beanie Babies.

FRANK (muffled): Wahllhhlllaahhallla?

Dr. F turns around, then removes the bandage.

DR. F: What *is* it, you steaming lump of Snausages?

FRANK: Was it a gaily-colored train wreck?

Dr. F looks at the camera, then turns to Frank and picks him up.

DR. F: Gaily-colored? GAILY-COLORED?!? Why do you make me *do* this?.
. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Dr. F spins Frank around and slams his head on The Button.

. |
. |
. |
. --------O-------- PWHOOOSH!
. |
. |
. |

--
Feel free to criticize,

Chris Gleason
chris...@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/chrisglson
http://members.aol.com/chrisglson/sftg.html <---- check out my e-column!

Chris Gleason

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Chris Gleason wrote in article <86191989...@optional.cts.com>...

Please disregard the Frank's tongue continuity error.

--
Damn....,

Joseph Nebus

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

"Chris Gleason" <mow...@cts.com> writes:

>Chris Gleason wrote in article <86191989...@optional.cts.com>...

>Please disregard the Frank's tongue continuity error.

I haven't read the MiSTing yet, but I hope it's all as wonderful
as that followup.

Joseph Nebus