Aaaaargh!

Jonah13NYC

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

Enough with these fan MSTings.

1) They're huge and screw up my server.
2) They're not funny.
3) They're one dimensional - only riffing a script. MST3K riffs the
dialogue, the screen composition, the music score, and so forth.

PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K, find a
studio with a green screen, make a videotape, and offer it.

Jonah Falcon
http://members.aol.com/jonah13nyc/index.html (try it! you'll like it!)

jon...@nycnet.com
jonah...@aol.com

TCurryFan

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

"jonah...@aol.com (Jonah13NYC)" said:

>Enough with these fan MSTings.
>
>1) They're huge and screw up my server.

How? I've never had a problem with them.

>2) They're not funny.

In your OPINION. I find many of them quite hysterical.

>3) They're one dimensional - only riffing a script. MST3K riffs the
>dialogue, the screen composition, the music score, and so forth.
>
>PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K,
>find a studio with a green screen, make a videotape, and offer it.

Jonah., many ng's have fanfics.. Our version are MiSTings. No one makes
you read them. I'm not sure how they "mess up your server", but I'm an
AOLer, too, and have never had a problem with them. If you don't like
them, don't read them.

>Jonah Falcon
>http://members.aol.com/jonah13nyc/index.html

"For cryin' out loud... EACH... OF... YOU... WILL... ENTER... A... SPACE... CAPSULE!!"
-Tom Servo, _Mystery_Science_Theater_3000_, "Prince of Space"
Catherine Johnson ---------- MiSTie #75,125 ---------- TCur...@aol.com

Jonah13NYC

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

>>I'm not sure how they "mess up your server", but I'm an
>>>AOLer, too, and have never had a problem with them. If you don't like
>>>them, don't read them.
>>

>>I'm not sure what your problem is either, Jonah. (You can read that any
>>way you want to. <G>)
>
>I think that Jonah is using the AOL option that lets you download the
>entire newsgroup, in which case a really huge file might really take up a
>lot memory....
>
>But, sorry, Jonah, MSTings are a time-honored tradition here. They ain't
>going away.
>
>Chris "Sampo" Cornell

They said the same thing about smallpox.

Matthew R Blackwell

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

In <19970821004...@ladder02.news.aol.com> jonah...@aol.com

(Jonah13NYC) writes:

>Enough with these fan MSTings.
>
>1) They're huge and screw up my server.
>2) They're not funny.
>3) They're one dimensional - only riffing a script. MST3K riffs the
>dialogue, the screen composition, the music score, and so forth.
>
>PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K, find a
>studio with a green screen, make a videotape, and offer it.

Hmm. Should a person spend money making sets, bots, costumes and stuff,
as well as renting the studio as well as suffer the headache of finding
people who can act, do a decent impression of the cast, AND who don't
want to get paid, or should they spend no money and type up a MiSTing?

I'd go with the latter option on this one.

Besides, I like them.

Sir STACK

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

>Hmm. Should a person spend money making sets, bots, costumes and stuff,
>as well as renting the studio as well as suffer the headache of finding
>people who can act, do a decent impression of the cast, AND who don't
>want to get paid, or should they spend no money and type up a MiSTing?

Actually when i was 12/13 me and some friends back in Guantanmo Bay, Cuba
did our own MST , well not OUR own; I was joel (i found out how much i
sound like him at times its scary), my friend Billy did Dr. F and Cambot
(which was a regualr home vid cam); Troy helped me build the bots and did
Dr. Erhardt & Servo (he did a very good job might i add); Kenzie helped
make the bots and did Gypsy & whatever character we made up for Deep 13;
Eric did Dr. Erhardt first and Crow till he left and we made crow go mad
and Timmy killed him and assumed his memories and a voice; Jeremy did
Timmy ( a real screechy voice for him) and tons of Deep 13 people; Chris
(Jeremy's identical twin) did our own created Doc, Dr. Felix Joe.
We started out doing the show for a class and got graded for it (A
everytime!), the SOL was my room with my dresser as the Bridge; Deep 13
was the other bedroom with weird decorations, and a cheap old computer. We
started out doing the traditional show (note: we had no special effects,
no theater seats just a camera facing a TV screen with us talking into a
mic. Can anyone say, cheap?) then we cut the movies and did a show about
the docs in Deep 13 (we left a lot, going around the neighborhood creating
havok). We even dropped the SOL at the end.
The bots werent made of all the right parts. I could go into
detail but put it this way, Gypsy was a shoebox. I had a Orange jumpsuit
and looked like i escaped from prison. We had awful invention exchanges,
and no show was longer than 20 minutes. But I loved it, they did a damn
good job trying to do something others did much better. I did build better
looking Bots ( which, unlike the first set, WORKED!) but by then i had
moved from Cuba to Florida, end of story. I did send some pics of my later
Bots to MST just in time for them to stop having letters on the air. Tha
end.

Last note: Troy & kenize, and Jeremy & Chris were 2 sets of Twins. it was
very .... odd at times.....

"There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long -- PEOPLE." ~ Spider Jerusalem (Warren Ellis)_"Transmetropolitan"_ # 2
Jesse Lee Herndon ( SirS...@aol.com ) MSTie # 56045

Michael K. Neylon

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

Preivously, on 'rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc',

Jonah13NYC (jonah...@aol.com) wrote:

>Enough with these fan MSTings.
>
>1) They're huge and screw up my server.

Either figure out how to use AOL, a good newsreader, or a kill file (Most ppl
are good enough to put "[MiSTing]" in front of their MiSTied posts.

>2) They're not funny.

Personal opinion. I think the majority preference is that they are.

>3) They're one dimensional - only riffing a script. MST3K riffs the
>dialogue, the screen composition, the music score, and so forth.

That's something we've dealt with as best as we can. You can only do
so much with a text form.

>PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K, find a
>studio with a green screen, make a videotape, and offer it.

Let's see, a text misting costs, oh, about $1 at most to make, given on-line
connection times. A video misting can easily get up to $500, as a *very*
optimistic low estimate.

We've been here for years doing this, I doubt we are going to stop now
because *one* person doesn't like them.

Again, the solution is to learn how NOT to download every article from
RATMM when you read news - or to use a killfile.

--
Michael K. Neylon, UM ChE Grad | "..Besides, as an engineer, I've
mne...@engin.umich.edu | never actually spoken to [a woman]

Chris Gleason

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

Jonah13NYC wrote in article
<19970821004...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

>Enough with these fan MSTings.

OK, Chachi, who died and made you Lord Dictator of RATMM? You've been
around this group... what, a few months? Is your ego really so
mind-bogglingly enormous and fragile that you think your pitiful plea not to
see MSTings in this group should be taken as absolute law by people who have
been with RATMM (and RATM before that) for years?

Here ----> $5

Buy yourself a clue.

>1) They're huge and screw up my server.

Didn't you know? Each MSTing contains the Super-Secret "LET'S SCREW UP
JONAH'S SERVER" extended ASCII character!

If you can explain how a MSTing done in five 30K chunks screws up a server
more so than a 150K file from a binaries group, I'd be really impressed.

>2) They're not funny.

*Chris looks over to the left pane of his reader window, sees a folder
marked "Funny MSTings", comes to the conclusion that Jonah's ego really is
big enough to blur his perception of the difference between opinion and
fact*

Here... try this on for size:

"Bill Livingston's 'Agent ACTION!' MSTing is hysterical, IMHO."

See how that works?

>3) They're one dimensional - only riffing a script. MST3K riffs the
>dialogue, the screen composition, the music score, and so forth.

Because, you know, it's so easy to riff on the direction and scoring of a
script.

Or book.

Or fanfic.

Or spam.

Or paranoiac/conspiracist/John_-_Winston Usenet post.

You really should have posted this message to the people who subscribe to
the official "Dibs List." I'm sure they'll all be more than willing to
cooperate with you in destroying this Plantar's Wart on the Foot of RATMM --
The MSTing.

>PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K, find a
>studio with a green screen, make a videotape, and offer it.

Because, silly RATMMites, doing it Jonah's way is much easier, cheaper,
faster, and widely accessible to MSTies who might enjoy it. No *real* MSTie
would dare to read or *gasp!* WRITE a fan MSTing....

>Jonah Falcon
>http://members.aol.com/jonah13nyc/index.html (try it! you'll like it!)

Wow! A picture of you, and then a picture of your dick! Who woulda thunk
it?

Regards,

Chris Gleason

Kevin Mowery

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

His Most Feathered Eminence (taly...@pacbell.net) wrote:

: I recommend to everyone: do it once. do it however cheaply or with
: whatever
: you can scrounge up. do it, wait a month or two, then watch it with
: some
: friends who weren't involved, and listen to the reaction.

: I recommend this because it really drives home the point that WHAT THE
: BRAINS
: DO IS HARD WORK, and most of us can't do as good a job.

This is true. However, many of us who have written MSTings love
getting even one piece of e-mail like one I got for my (currently on
hiatus) MSTing of "The Seven Stars". In short, hearing that you've nailed
the characters and the kind of jokes a person would expect on the show.
It's nice to be compared to your heroes.
Spending a lot of money to go in and make a shallow, unpleasant to
watch copy that everyone will go "eww, that's not much like the show" when
they see it--why?
(I, with some friends, tried to make a short sci-fi movie to
illustrate how a LAN worked (don't ask any further). It was horrible. We
tried, but nothing worked. Them movin' pictures is hard.)
--
Kevin "Professor Bobo" Mowery________...@freenet.columbus.oh.us
"This candy has made a reproduction of the nice flavor and rich taste of

His Most Feathered Eminence

Aug 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/21/97

Matthew R Blackwell wrote:

> In <19970821004...@ladder02.news.aol.com> jonah...@aol.com
> (Jonah13NYC) writes:

[egotistical protest mostly snipped]

> >PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K, find a
> >studio with a green screen, make a videotape, and offer it.
> >

> Hmm. Should a person spend money making sets, bots, costumes and stuff,
> as well as renting the studio as well as suffer the headache of finding
> people who can act, do a decent impression of the cast, AND who don't
> want to get paid, or should they spend no money and type up a MiSTing?

the latter is certainly easier, but a few people have made their own
MST videos. I and several (former?) RATMMers did one at the 1995 Dallas
MST3K NonCon.

I recommend to everyone: do it once. do it however cheaply or with
whatever
you can scrounge up. do it, wait a month or two, then watch it with
some
friends who weren't involved, and listen to the reaction.

I recommend this because it really drives home the point that WHAT THE
BRAINS
DO IS HARD WORK, and most of us can't do as good a job.

--
NOTE TO MASS MAILERS: by replying to this message or adding my name
to a list for unsolicited commercial and noncommercial mailings, you

Matthew R Blackwell

Aug 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/22/97

In <19970821055...@ladder01.news.aol.com> sirs...@aol.com

(Sir STACK) writes:

>>Hmm. Should a person spend money making sets, bots, costumes and
stuff,
>>as well as renting the studio as well as suffer the headache of
finding
>>people who can act, do a decent impression of the cast, AND who don't
>>want to get paid, or should they spend no money and type up a
MiSTing?

> Actually when i was 12/13 me and some friends back in Guantanmo Bay,
>Cuba did our own MST ,

Um, excuse the comment, but I don't think that there would really be
that much else to do in Guantanmo Bay. (Well, you could try to invade
Cuba, but there's not a good track record on doing that.)

Matthew R Blackwell

Aug 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/22/97

In <19970821062...@ladder02.news.aol.com> jonah...@aol.com

(Jonah13NYC) writes:

>>In <19970821004...@ladder02.news.aol.com> jonah...@aol.com
>>(Jonah13NYC) writes:
>>>

>>>Enough with these fan MSTings.
>>>
>>>1) They're huge and screw up my server.
>>>2) They're not funny.
>>>3) They're one dimensional - only riffing a script. MST3K riffs the
>>>dialogue, the screen composition, the music score, and so forth.
>>>
>>>PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K, find a
>>>studio with a green screen, make a videotape, and offer it.
>>>
>>Hmm. Should a person spend money making sets, bots, costumes and
stuff,
>>as well as renting the studio as well as suffer the headache of
finding
>>people who can act, do a decent impression of the cast, AND who don't
>>want to get paid, or should they spend no money and type up a
MiSTing?

>>I'd go with the latter option on this one.
>>
>>Besides, I like them.
>
>Actually, I have a studio with 3 cameras, a green screen at my
>disposal for free. The joys of public access.

I'll give you that one. I'd forgotten about public access stations.
However, getting good ators is still going to be a problem. (except
for those in LA and NYC, where the availability of actors is quite
high.)

>Jonah Falcon
>http://members.aol.com/jonah13nyc/index.html (try it! you'll like it!)

Can't. I tried so that I could confirm that you're in NYC, but
"The requested URL was not found on this server."

Sir STACK

Aug 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/22/97

>Um, excuse the comment, but I don't think that there would really be
>that much else to do in Guantanmo Bay. (Well, you could try to invade
>Cuba, but there's not a good track record on doing that

First off i made a spelling (not to be confused with A. spelling of
Melrose place, etc. fame) boo-boo (not to be confused with our own Prof.
BoBo), its Guantanamo Bay cuba. Secondly in case nobody knows its a naval
base (not to be confused with lint, another navel base). But truth be told
there really wasnt much to do down there, sure there was sports but im not
into playing catch. There were beautiful beaches, but i hate to get
saltwater in my hair. And the cable system sucked (they DID get comedy
central, so it wasnt that bad). I spent 3 years there (90-93 not to be
confused with .... oh nevermind) and if i could go there again, i couldnt
cause last i heard dependants werent allowed to live there anymore. Oh
well....

Mike Sphar

Aug 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/22/97

Did Ancient Astronauts named jonah...@aol.com (Jonah13NYC) once write the
following? Read the book:

>Enough with these fan MSTings.
>
>1) They're huge and screw up my server.

Let's be more specific. They screw up AOL's server. If your newsreader
doesn't allow you to set an option to not download any article over X size,
get a decent ISP.

Mikey "Dreamy" Sphar mailto:mi...@matches.com
Casa de Miguelito is BACK at http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sands/5882
Powerful like a gorilla, but soft and yielding like a nerf ball

Chris Gleason

Aug 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/22/97

Bill Livingston wrote in article <5tkgpv$5mq$3...@hammer.msfc.nasa.gov>...

>>"Bill Livingston's 'Agent ACTION!' MSTing is hysterical, IMHO."
>>
>>See how that works?
>

>*Blush!* Hey, thanks! And my clones thank you, too.

You're welcome. It's right at the top of my list of good MSTings.

>conveniently misspelled word, long chains of rambling unconnected rants,
stiff
>one-dimensional characters, unspoken attitudes of condescension or
hostility
>that leap through the screen and strangle you, or just plain old-fashioned
>goofiness - these are all legitimate targets in a text MiSTing that lend
>themselves to a textual scenario.

Which was at the back of my mind, but I wanted to concentrate on shredding
the concept at hand. d;-)

I came |---| this close to MSTing Jonah's post,

Chris Gleason -- The Best Kisser in the Universe!
Baseball fiend, game show junkie, doughy guy.

MSTie #66772 chris...@aol.com

CHECK OUT MY E-COLUMN!
http://members.aol.com/chrisglson/sftg.html

Jonah13NYC

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

>Did Ancient Astronauts named jonah...@aol.com (Jonah13NYC) once write
the
>following? Read the book:
>>Enough with these fan MSTings.
>>
>>1) They're huge and screw up my server.
>
>Let's be more specific. They screw up AOL's server. If your newsreader
>doesn't allow you to set an option to not download any article over X
size,
>get a decent ISP.

I have a decent ISP. I don't like its newsgroup browser. I dislike
DejaNews too. Stop being elitist about it.

Jonah Falcon
http://members.aol.com/jonah13nyc/index.html (try it! you'll like it!)

jon...@nycnet.com
jonah...@aol.com

Jonah13NYC

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

>>Actually, I have a studio with 3 cameras, a green screen at my
>>disposal for free. The joys of public access.
>>
>I'll give you that one. I'd forgotten about public access stations.
>However, getting good ators is still going to be a problem. (except
>for those in LA and NYC, where the availability of actors is quite
>high.)

Fortunately, I live in NYC too (grin)

Jonah13NYC

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

Let me put it THIS way:

It'd be funnier if you forgot about Mike, Tom, and Crow and all the others
and used yourself as a character to riff.

WHEN you use those characters, you're essentially putting yourself in
place of BBI, or at least by inference. Plus, you're inviting comparison.

Jonah13NYC

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

>OK -- all you kids out there, stop playing sports! You there! With the
>basketball! Put it down, and watch the artistry of Michael Jordan. You
>see, since you can't play as well as he can, you should just watch him at
>work. You're not worthy of trying to imitate his masterful playing
style,
>so don't even practice.

Yes, but I'm not forced to watch 'em play.

Jonah13NYC

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

>>WHEN you use those characters, you're essentially putting yourself in
>>place of BBI, or at least by inference. Plus, you're inviting
comparison.

>Nah. It's not that serious. Nobody expects to outdo the brains. I think
>you're thinking too hard about, Jonah. It's fun when it's fun!
>
>Chris "Sampo" Cornell

Until someone DIES.

Nuveeeeena

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

In article <19970823004...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
jonah...@aol.com (Jonah13NYC) writes:

>>>WHEN you use those characters, you're essentially putting yourself in
>>>place of BBI, or at least by inference. Plus, you're inviting
>comparison.
>>

>>Nah. It's not that serious. Nobody expects to outdo the brains. I think
>>you're thinking too hard about, Jonah. It's fun when it's fun!
>>
>>Chris "Sampo" Cornell
>
>Until someone DIES.

Now that's MY kind of MSTing!!!

"From Dusk Til Movie Sign!"

C. Bourgeois
You're going to be hearing a lot about panties! Go ahead and get the
giggling over with now! Panties, panties, panties, panties, panties,
panties, panties, panties, panties..
MST # 2724

M Sampo

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

>WHEN you use those characters, you're essentially putting yourself in
>place of BBI, or at least by inference. Plus, you're inviting comparison.

Nah. It's not that serious. Nobody expects to outdo the brains. I think
you're thinking too hard about, Jonah. It's fun when it's fun!

Chris "Sampo" Cornell
For complete MST3K information, turn your WWW crank to:
http://www.mst3kinfo.com
Home of the Official MST3K FAQ

Hotchka

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

Mikey "Dreamy" Spahr writes:
>Did Ancient Astronauts named jonah...@aol.com (Jonah13NYC) once write
>the following? Read the book:
>>Enough with these fan MSTings.
>>
>>1) They're huge and screw up my server.

>Let's be more specific. They screw up AOL's server. If your newsreader
>doesn't allow you to set an option to not download any article over X
size,
>get a decent ISP.

They don't necessarily screw up AOL's server. There are ways to get around
large articles of you don't want 'em. But I like reading the MSTings and
downloading gives me the opportunity to go get another beer, so I don't
have a problem with it.

Shelby
I like AOL, bite me.

Noah Singman

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

Hotchka wrote:

> I like AOL, bite me.

You know, for the life of me, I can't figure out why you MSTresses say
this. Do you think we'll reject the invitation? :-)

Noah
MST#59539
I mean, I will, but only because I'm happily married to the beauteous and
oft-praised Jungle Goddess.

ChanaRivka

Aug 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/25/97

Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

>JSJ1TG, beauteous and oft-praised Jungle Goddess, please put down that
>knife...please?

I don' need no steenkin' knife!!

Jungle Goddess, sweet dreams are made of this
MSTie #54796
"Chunky guys attract people. That's a known given fact." -- Tom Servo

Bill Livingston

Aug 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/25/97

Previously on "Laverne 7 Shirley", Noah Singman says...
>Mike Sphar wrote:
>> Instead, I'll withdraw my statement and replace it with "Gosh, I'm
>> sorry that these posts that are well within standard usenet guidelines
>> are causing your newsreader problems. It must be the fault of the
>> poster because your service provider is clearly without peer."
>
>I could be wrong, Dreamy, but I'm sensing just the faintest rumblings of
>sarcasm in thet thar post. :-) And don't look now, but Steve Case is
>a-comin' ta git ya.

Ooooh! Scary, Boys and Girls! (1 pt ref)

>Hey! "Without peer" could mean several things . . . :-)

For example, it means you're out of slits.

Bill L.
Because when you're out of slits, you're - aw, you know!
bi...@Traveller.COM http://www.hsv.tis.net/~bill
Best if Used by Date on Label

Jonah13NYC

Aug 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/25/97

>Jonah13NYC wrote in article
><19970823002...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>>>OK -- all you kids out there, stop playing sports! You there! With
the
>>>basketball! Put it down, and watch the artistry of Michael Jordan.
You
>>>see, since you can't play as well as he can, you should just watch him
at
>>>work. You're not worthy of trying to imitate his masterful playing
>>style,
>>>so don't even practice.
>>
>>Yes, but I'm not forced to watch 'em play.
>
>And you're not forced to download MSTings, either.
>
>Thanks for playing. Try again.

YES I AM FORCED TO. DUH. End of conversation. Do not pass go.

Chris Gleason

Aug 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/25/97

Jonah13NYC wrote in article
<19970825192...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>>>Yes, but I'm not forced to watch 'em play.
>>
>>And you're not forced to download MSTings, either.
>>
>>Thanks for playing. Try again.
>
>YES I AM FORCED TO. DUH. End of conversation. Do not pass go.

Right.

You have another ISP and don't like to use their newsreader (what, is it
proprietary?). Then you whine about AOL *forcing* you -- as if at
gunpoint -- to download MSTings.

Please, just to satisfy my curiosity regarding this situation, please answer
the following question intelligently:

What is preventing you from changing to an ISP you like?

I mean, it's YOUR money, and all,

Jonah13NYC

Aug 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/26/97

>What is preventing you from changing to an ISP you like?

1) Money. I can't afford more than 2.

2) I dislike DejaNews.

3) I'm no techhead. I'm not THAT much into computers anymore. Blame
Windows 95.

Jessica Wolfman

Aug 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/26/97

Dear Jonah,

Try Reference.com. Or go to dogpile (or any search engine, really;
dogpile's just more thorough), and type "newsgroup," "search," &
"enigne." There are a large number of DejaNews-like sites out there, and
many of them are actually better than DejaNews.

I guess I'm lucky, since my WebTV NG browser is incredibly easy. I can
get all the MiSTings (except I do tend to lose a few pages of some of
the very longest ones, like a compiled Ratliff story.) AND I'm limited
to 2MGs RAM and no hard drive.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jessica Wolfman
loup...@webtv.net
loupg...@hotmail.com

Roger M. Wilcox

Aug 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/26/97

[6 ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1]

In article <19970821004...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

jonah...@aol.com (Jonah13NYC) wrote:

> Enough with these fan MSTings.

MIKE: One time my MSTing got overheated, and I had to fan it.

> 1) They're huge and screw up my server.

TOM: I'M HUUUUUUGE!

> 2) They're not funny.

CROW [heckler voice]: You're not funny!
MIKE: Well you're ... pretty ugly, is what you are.
TOM: The "Frank's Virtual Comedy" sketch, ladies and gentlemen!

> 3) They're one dimensional -

TOM: Hey, Mike, what's my next LINE?
MIKE: I don't know, my teleprompter is too FLAT!

> only riffing a script. MST3K riffs the
> dialogue, the screen composition, the music score, and so forth.

CROW: But what if a script *describes* the screen composition, and the
musical score, and the so forths?
MIKE: Oh, the So Forths were my favorite band from the 60's.
TOM: You mean the decade when Emperor Nero let Rome burn?
MIKE: No no NO, the NINETEEN sixties! Sheesh!

> PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K, find a
> studio with a green screen,

MIKE: A GREEN screen?
CROW: Get with it, Mike, blue is just SO passe' these days.

> make a videotape, and offer it.

TOM: Wocka-chicka-wocka-chicka wow!
MIKE: Not THAT kind of video tape, Tom!
CROW: Darn.

> Jonah Falcon
> http://members.aol.com/jonah13nyc/index.html (try it! you'll like it!)

CROW: I'll bet it has a picture of him standing next to his
high school diploma, showing it off.
TOM: I'll bet he took some OTHER guy's high school diploma, clipped a tiny
bitmap of his own name, and digitally pasted it over the other guy's
name.
CROW: You kidding? He can't even read a newsgroup without screwing up
his server. He took some guy's diploma and Scotch-taped it over
the other guy's name.
MIKE: Actually, I just went and looked at Jonah's homepage.
TOM and CROW: And?
MIKE: "The requested URL was not found on this server."
CROW: Figures.

> jon...@nycnet.com
> jonah...@aol.com

TOM: So, do you suppose he's from NYC?
CROW: Where'd you ever get such an outrageous idea?
MIKE: Come on, you two, let's get out of here.

[Cut to commercials.]

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is copyright 1988-1997 by
Best Brains, Inc.. All rights reserved.
"Aaaaargh!" is copyright patented trademarked 1997 by jonah13,
jonah13nyc, Jonah Falcon, and his or her heirs and assigns and
their heirs and assigns, subject to all applicable intellectual
property laws pertaining to their State of origin, the United States,
and any other countries the U.S. has intellectual property rights
treaties with, including but not limited to such primitive backwaters
as, oh, Canada.
Keep circulating the tapes.

> 1) They're huge and screw up my server.

Roger M. "Well, SOMEbody had to do it!" Wilcox
--
rog...@ix.netcom.com (Roger M. Wilcox) -- without prejudice UCC 1-207
Unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads: 47 USC 227

Kurt Wollenberg

Aug 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/27/97

In article <5tr7dr$a5e$1...@tsunami.traveller.com>, bi...@Traveller.COM (Bill
Livingston) wrote:

> Previously on "Laverne 7 Shirley", Noah Singman says...
>

> >Hey! "Without peer" could mean several things . . . :-)
>
> For example, it means you're out of slits.

Cue jingle:
When you're out of slits
You're out of peer!

--
Dr. Tickles

I think I think, therefore I think I am.
I think...

Stephen Ratliff

Aug 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/28/97

TCurryFan (tcur...@aol.com) wrote:
: "jonah...@aol.com (Jonah13NYC)" said:
:
: >Enough with these fan MSTings.
: >
: >1) They're huge and screw up my server.
:
: How? I've never had a problem with them.
Some newsreaders have line limits, and the '93 version of AOL's is one
of them... He probable needs an upgrade. (When you are a FAQ Maintainer
on a fanfic newsgroup, you learn some of these things)
:
: >2) They're not funny.
:
: In your OPINION. I find many of them quite hysterical.
I second Catherine's motion. I find that even the most biting MSTings
of my work send me into fits of laughter.
:
: >3) They're one dimensional - only riffing a script. MST3K riffs the

: >dialogue, the screen composition, the music score, and so forth.
: >
: >PLEASE, if you want to show you're capable of doing an MST3K,
: >find a studio with a green screen, make a videotape, and offer it.
:
: Jonah., many ng's have fanfics.. Our version are MiSTings. No one makes
: you read them. I'm not sure how they "mess up your server", but I'm an
: AOLer, too, and have never had a problem with them. If you don't like
: them, don't read them.
I second the motion of the esteemed member from AOL. If you don't like
them, don't read them should be the motto of all newsgroups.
:
: >Jonah Falcon
: >http://members.aol.com/jonah13nyc/index.html
:
: -Tom Servo, _Mystery_Science_Theater_3000_, "Prince of Space"
: Catherine Johnson ---------- MiSTie #75,125 ---------- TCur...@aol.com

Stephen Ratliff, now without MST3k while attending RU until the cable is
upgraded.
--
Stephen Ratliff CS Major, Radford University.
srat...@runet.edu Radford, Virginia 24142-7496

"We better get use to living in the here and now"
- Captain Racheal Garrett, ST:TNG "Yesterday's Enterprise

Michael K. Neylon

Aug 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/29/97

Preivously, on 'rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc',

Jonah13NYC (jonah...@aol.com) wrote:
>>And you're not forced to download MSTings, either.
>>
>YES I AM FORCED TO. DUH. End of conversation. Do not pass go.

If you are using a client that downloads *all* the articles of a newsgroup
before proceeding, there are two points to be made...

1) Some of these allows you to prevent downloading articles that match
certain keywords (ala Killfiles). Just add "[MiSTed]" or similar to
it, and you'll save yourself some time.

2) The size of one MiSTings tends to be much less than the *total* traffic
of RATMM in one day, and , on averge, there's about one MiSTing released a
week.

If you *really* wanna cut back the size of what you have to download,
tell *all* of RATMM to post less - the MiSTings aren't at fault here. Of
course, I doubt that anyone will discontinue their normal posting habits
because of one person's complaint.

--
Michael K. Neylon, UM ChE Grad | "..Besides, as an engineer, I've
mne...@engin.umich.edu | never actually spoken to [a woman]
A!, PatB, F!, MST, ST, DW | and the very thought gives me the
http://pinky.wtower.com/mneylon | screaming willy-wallies!" Brain - A!#24

MrBNaturl

Aug 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/31/97

jungle goddess wrote:

>I don' need no steenkin' knife!!

Steak knife? I like butter knifes.

MST3K, Brain Lumley, Role-playing video games, the Abyss and Anime
and way to many other hobbies to fit in this sig.
"Louis when it comes to women you're a true democrat" -Rick in
"CASABLANCA" (duh)
Robert "I have no catchy nickname" Taylor