MiSTed: Affordable Bulk Email Services

Shadocl0ak

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

This is my first MiSTing. I apologise if somebody else was planning to do this
one, or if it was done before, but I was so ****ed off when I found this is my
mail that I just had to. Let me know if you like it.

>////AFFORDABLE WWW MARKETING SERVICES\\\\

CROW: You know, something tells me that this isn't going to be legal...

>You can promote your web site and advertise your
>services/products to millions at the lowest
>guaranteed prices.

SERVO: By climbing on top of a tall building and shouting your URL at the top
of your voice.

> We've been doing business

CROW: With chimpanzees.

>on the WWW for five years and we can help you

MIKE: Destroy your self respect.

>succeed as well!
>
>***10,000 Sites That Offer FREE Advertising!***

CROW: Number one: www.ihavenolife.com. Number two: www.getscrewed.com. Number
three: members.aol.com/bigjohn

>Place your ad on over 10,000 web sites worldwide

MIKE: And nobody will speak to you. Ever again.

>& dramatically increase your internet exposure.

CROW: Internet exposure? As in nude servers?

>Absolutely Free!!!

CROW: If you sell your soul to us forever! Bwah-hah-hah! Mwah-haha-hah!
[continues for a while, eventually trailing off into hysterical giggling]

>This brand new directory lists
>over 7,000 sites that will offer you free ads.

SERVO: Didn't it just say 10,000?

>In addition to being free these sites are also

MIKE: A pile of crap.

>highly targeted high traffic sites. To reach
>millions of prospects you must get as much
>exposure as you can afford. And Free Advertising
>is

CROW: Apparently now spelt with the first letters in upper case.

>very affordable and the exposure can be

SERVO: Rather embarrassing.

>tremendous!!!
>The entire directory is in the form of a WEB
>page

MIKE: It's not just a web page, it's a WEB page!
CROW: That stand for something? Like "We Eager Bast --
MIKE: Please don't finish that sentence.

>and all the sites are hyper linked, which
>means you just click on the site names and
>your browser will take you directly to that
>site.

MIKE: And now they have to explain what "hyper linked" means. I'm starting to
get an idea of their target audience.

>ONLY $29.95

SERVO: A week, for 15 months.

>For more information or to order email us at
>adi...@mailexcite.com

CROW: They can't be all that successful if they have to use a free e-mail
address.
MIKE: That's because their services are *affordable*, Crow! Haven't you been
paying attention?

>or call us 24 hrs/day
>at 916-781-4925.

SERVO: The Spammers' Party Line.

>***Accept Checks On-line, Via Fax, or Phone***

MIKE: I'll bet they accept credit cards too. If you leave them lying around.

>Now you can accept checks directly from your
>web site,

SERVO: What's this? Another check? Why, thank you, web site!

>over the phone, via email, or even fax!

ALL: Gasp!

>The #1 selling check acceptance software makes
>it easy to do and, at a new low price, very
>affordable. Kit includes software,manual,email
>form,web form,

SERVO: Racing form.
CROW: Complaints form.
MIKE: Bad form.

>lifetime tech support, and 100
>sheets of Federal Reserve Security checks.
>Don't accept cheap imitations,

MIKE: But I thought this was cheap?! Hey, this is starting to get a mite
suspicious...

SERVO: The B@$+@~ds!

>and are NOT

CROW: Never Offer Timeshares.

>guaranteed
>to work with all banks, our software is the
>ONLY one of it's kind that is GUARANTEED

CROW: I'm not even going to bother working this one out.

>work with any U.S. bank.

SERVO: Of course, that's not U.S. as in United States. It's Upper Siberia.

>You also have a full
>30 day money back guarantee.

ALL: We want our money back!

>ACT NOW and get FREE Check Collection Services.

CROW: Debt collection would be much more fun.

>Wouldn't you like to have YOUR check paid
>before the checkwriter could buy a car, or
>house, or get a new credit card?

MIKE: Well, no, not really...

>Complete Package Only $99.00

SERVO: Wasn't it $29.95 two minutes ago?
MIKE: That was the last one. Will you pay attention?

>For more information or to order email us at
>adi...@mailexcite.com or call us 24 hrs/day
>at 916-781-4925.

>////BULK EMAIL SOFTWARE\\\\

>"Bulk Express Easy Mailer" is the #1 bulk mailer
>on the market today! It absolutly blows away the
>Stealth Mailer and Mach 10.

CROW: I'd like to see it *literally* blow them away.

>You'll no longer lose

SERVO: Your lunch.

>your ISP account because

MIKE: It's AOL, and they don't care if you use your account to sell military
secrets to the Soviets.

>with the "Bulk Express
>Easy Mailer" your PC actually acts as a high speed

CROW: Time bomb.

>mail server! Your messages get "hand delivered" to
>each recepient one by one WITHOUT having to mail
>though your provider's mail server. Features are
>far too many too list

MIKE: That's a spam euphemism for "they're actually rather pathetic".

>so call us and we will be

SERVO: Rude and unhelpful.

>happy to give you complete details on this easy
>to use & effective software and answer all your
>questions!

MIKE: Like "who are you" and "what the Hell do you think you're doing".

>For more information or to order email us at
>biz...@mailexcite.com or call us 24 hrs/day
>at 916-781-4925.

CROW [customer]: Hello, is that Spam 'R' Us?
SERVO [spammer]: Why yes, how may we help you?
CROW [customer]: By dying slowful and painfully.
SERVo [spammer]: Very well sir. [Makes groaning noises]

>////BULK EMAIL SERVICES\\\\

MIKE: Why don't they just come right out and call it Bulk Spam?

>Our bulk email lists are the best available.

MIKE: If you're into that sort of thing.

>We offer a 3 to 1 guarantee on all our lists.

CROW: So they're now offering some sort of bookmaking scheme?

>We'll replace any non-deliverable address with
>three new ones!

SERVO: For every address that is destroyed, three new ones appear!
CROW: We are doomed!
MIKE: Flee from the Spammanx!

>We'll beat any price, so if you

SERVO: Whistle "Yankee Doodle" while balancing a hedgehog on your nose.

>find a lower price let us know!

CROW [customer]: I've found a lower price!
SERVO [spammer]: Oh, s**t!

>**Targeted Business-Opportunity Seekers**

MIKE: So that's what they're calling perverts now?

CROW: CMor...@aol.com

SERVO: IPFr...@yahoo.com

>**General Interest Lists**

MIKE: Ah, this is the list that will be of interest to most spammers.

MIKE: Jock...@mailexcite.com

CROW: Ama...@hugandkiss.demon.co.uk

>500,000 Addresses-Only $120.00

MIKE: $5 for each additional victim.

>**Bulk Email WITHOUT Losing Your ISP!**

SERVO: I could have *sworn* I left that ISP around here somewhere!

>Why risk losing your account

CROW: Because it's fun!

>and why pay for
>expensive bulk friendly ISP's and web hosting?

MIKE: Because we want to, and you're not the boss of us!

>Let us do the mailing for you.

CROW: Wow, these are real friendly spammers, Mike!

>There is no
>limit

SERVO: No no, no no no no, no no there's no limit!

>to the size of your ad we have a fast
>turn around time, mailings usually performed
>within 3 business days after payment is received.

MIKE: Pay up, or the spam gets it!

>PACKAGE 1
>Your ad to 25,000 WWW users for only $60.00

MIKE: Wouldn't it be funny if it turns out that it's just one guy getting
25,000 spam letters a day?
CROW [angrily]: That's *not* funny, Mike!

>PACKAGE 2

SERVO: Buckle my shoe.

>Your ad to 50,000 WWW users for only $90.00
>PACKAGE 3
>Your ad to 100,000 WWW users for only $150.00
>For more information or to order email us at
>adi...@mailexcite.com or call us 24 hrs/day
>at 916-781-4925.
>Thank You

SERVO: No, thank you!

>M.R.A.

CROW: Sounds like some sort of crack killing squad.

>Marketing Services

MIKE [conspiratorially]: Oh, I get it...

>916-781-4925

CROW: What's that, their spam license number?

Shadowcloak
E-mail: Shad...@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/shadoc64/index.html

"Hmm, I want to look evil, but not Satanic."
- MST3K episode 805: The Thing That Couldn't Die