MSTed: A Fear Of Love A Fear Of Battle (4/?)

Bryan Lambert

Jan 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/29/98

Part 4! This is longer than I thought!

>They layed on his bed, her head on his shoulder and their hands locked.
>"Tell me this isn't better than tv." Angel said laughing.

CROW: This fanfic? OK. It's not better than TV.

>Buffy smiled and kissed him on the nose. "Hey wanna go to the Bronze?"
>Buffy asked.
>"Think your up to it?"
>"Of course." She smiled and kissed him softly on the lips. They reached
>the entrance of the bronze and a weird, nervous sense came over buffy.
>She gripped angel's hand tighter.

TOM: Saigon. I can't believe I'm still slaying vampires in Saigon.

>"You ok?" he asked woredley.

TOM: Joann Woredley?

>"yeah.." she lied. They walked to a booth where Xander and Willow were
>sitting.

MIKE: Oddly enough, it was a phone booth.

>"Hey guys" Willow greeted eyes wide.
>Buffy smiled. "Hi! Mind if we join you?"
>"Ye--" Willow elbowed Xander.

TOM: I suppose it would be pointless to ask who Eyes Wide is, why
Willow greeted him or her, why Willow would mind if they joined
them, and why she cut herself off by elbowing Xander, who hadn't
done anything yet?

>"Not at all."
>They all moved over and buffy sipped her drink still apprehensive about
>her surroundings. She felt her hand and body start to shake and get
>scared all over again.

MIKE: Her head and feet, however, weren't frightened at all.

>"Angel can we go." Buffy said worridley on the verge of tears.
>"Sure." he smiled comfortingly. "We'll see you guys." They walked out.

CROW: Nicholas Brendan and Alyson Hanigan, co-stars on the wildly
successful "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" series on the WB
Network, staged a protest today against their shoddy treatment
in fanfic.

>"Are you sure your ok?"

CROW: Brendan was quoted as saying, "Look at this! I've got my nose
in a bag, all my scenes are four lines long, and I keep getting
elbowed!"

>"No...just I felt my Slayer sense in there."
>Angel gripped her hand and pulled her closer. "Don't worry." he smiled.

TOM: How many times do we have to say it? She doesn't even HAVE Slayer Sense
in the TV show.

>"I'll try not to..." she squeezed his hand and walked into his
>apartment. She walked in and sat lay on his bed waiting for her heart
>to calm down. Angel lay next to her reading some vampire book

MIKE: Yeah. You wouldn't want to start including excruciatingly pointless
details at this point in the story.

> and
>holding her hand. "Whatcha reading?" the slayer asked putting her head
>on his shoulder staring at the book.

TOM: Or, maybe you would.

>He smiled and put his arm around her.
>"Oh just some boring vampire book."

ALL: D'OH!

>Buffy nestled her head in his chest. She loved moments like this, she
>loved the smell of his leather jacket and his smile and the way his
>hands gripped hers. She loved everything about him.

CROW: She could curl up in his sock drawer and sleep for days.
TOM: That's pretty much the plot, apparently.

> He felt the same
>way, she smelled of apples and shampoo and her hair was soft and he
>just loved everything about her. The love trance was interrupted by the
>phone.

ALL: <singing> The Love Traaaance! Soon we'll be making another run!

>"Hello?"
>"Angel, it's Giles, Rupert Giles.

TOM: How many "Giles" does Giles think Angel knows, anyway?

> You and Buffy need to come to the
>library right away."
>"We'll be right there." Angel said worridley and hung up.
>"Who was that?"
>"Giles he wants us to meet him at the library."

CROW: <Buffy> Rupert Giles?

> Buffy brushed off her
>clothes.

MIKE: This is no time to get naked, Buffy. We have to get to the
library.

>"Here wear this it's cold." he draped yet another soft leather jacket
>over her shoulders,

CROW: So, Angel has a giant walk-in freezer slash closet that he keeps
an endless supply of soft leather jackets in. Why doesn't Whedon
ever put stuff like this in the show?

> and they walked hand in hand to the library. They
>walked in to see Giles hoovering over a book with his usual cup of tea.

TOM: That'll get the dust off of those books. Though how Giles uses
his tea as a vacuum cleaner I'll never know.
CROW: Must be a Watcher thing.

>"What Giles?" Buffy asked annoyed.

ALL: RUPERT Giles!

>"Oh your here. Well I was going through some books on slayer nerves and
>fears and I came across something very important. Buffy your
>nervousness and constant anxiety is coming from the masters energy
>arising from the hellmouth again.

TOM: Well, that takes care of Buffy. Is the Master responsible for
everyone -else- being out of character?

> He's back, I'm not sure how...but he
>is. The signs are all pointing to it."

MIKE: Master, Food, Lodging: Next Exit.
CROW: Reduce Speed: Master Ahead.
TOM: Over 3 Billion Masters Served.

>Buffy's face paled and her heart accelerated. Angel gripped her hand
>and led her to a chair.

MIKE: Screeched. Accelerated. Raced. This is turning into "My Slayer,
The Car".

>"What can we do?" asked Angel kneeling next to Buffy.
>"Start all over. Hunt, meet new and old vampires. It's just like
>before."

CROW: Yeah. That dummydum Joss Whedon thinks he can bring in new
villains every season. I'll show -him-.

>"BEFORE?!" Buffy yelled. "BEFORE I DIED, REMEMBER? I DIED!! BEFORE WAS
>DANGEROUS I CAN"T FACE IT GILES. I CAN'T!!" she stormed out.

ALL: Yaaaaah!
TOM: I've never seen a fanfic throw a hissy fit before.

> It was
>like the prophecy night revisited.

CROW: Only with lots of extra misspellings and the screeching and the
shouting and the sobbing and the hey hey hey hey...

> Angel shook his head at giles and
>ran after her. He finally caught up near his apartment.

MIKE: You know, reading this, you really get the sense that Sunnydale
is about 50 feet across.

>"Buffy!" he yelled. She looked behind her, her cheeks stained with
>tears, her face white and he could tell she was shaking.

TOM: Not stirring.

> He hugged her
>and walked back to his apartment. She walked in and went to lay on the
>bed.

MIKE: What a relief. We'd gone whole paragraphs without Buffy lying
on Angel's bed.

>"Angel I can't..I can't go through that again." he climbed on the bed
>and lay next to her dragging her on his chest. She let her head lay
>there her hands entwined with his.

CROW: So, they're rehearsing their big contortionist act for next
year's talent show?

>"Buffy I am gonna be with you...I won't let anything happen to you I
>promise." he kissed her forhead. She soon felt her eyes droop and she
>drifted off to sleep.

TOM: I know how she feels. Horrified, yet drowsy.

>*Part 6*

>Her eyes slowly open to see Angel laying next to her , his eyes closed
>peacefully their hands clasped togther and her head on his shoulder.

MIKE: For a story without any sex in it, there sure is a lot of
meticulous explanation of bodily positioning.

>She stared at him.

CROW: That's it. Sudden tense shifts. Past to present to past again in
three paragraphs. All fanfic cliches present and accounted for,
sir.

> He was so beautiful and angelic. She remembered what
>had happened and started to get nervous again. She liked it now the way
>it was. No vampires, or demons. Just her and Angel. As if he felt her
>nerves,

TOM: "No vampires, or demons. Just her and Angel". Uh, Buffy? Buffy,
dear? I hate to spoil your fun, but your beloved Angel is a
VAMPIRE with a DEMON inside him!

>Angel's eyes slowly crept open.
>"Hey" she said kissing him lightly on the lips.
>He smiled and returned the kiss. "Sleep well?" he asked yawning.
>"Very" she said nodding. "oh great school..."

MIKE: Destined to become almost as big a catch-phrase as "Great
Caesar's Ghost!"

> she stretched. Angel got
>up and walked into the kitchen.
>"I love sleeping here. I always wake up rested." Buffy said sretching.

CROW: She's not the only one retching.
MIKE: Well, it could be worse. It could be morning sickness.
BOTS: <retch>

>Angel smiled. He loved seeing her happy.
>"Buffy I hate to spoil your happiness, but if I came with you tonight,
>maybe we could go hunting?"
>"No..no way.." she said defensivley and sprang to the bathroom.

CROW: She's Tigger!

>"Buffy, please I'll be with you..."
>"And endanger you? no...I'm sorry Angel..I just can't"
>"Fine.." he said disappointed and laid on the bed. He knew it would
>take time, but what about the people that may die in that time period.
>Buffy came out in a black skirt and light pink top. She looked
>beautiful, angel loved the sight of her.

MIKE: Looks like Angel could use his share of mood levelers, too.

>"Well I'm off. c-ya after." She kissed him on his lips. His soft,
>gentle lips that always made her problems go away.

CROW: For 30 seconds. Then, of course, the problems were back again.

>He smiled. "Bye." He heard the door slam and he rolled over planning to
>sleep till Buffy got back. When her mother got back, life would be so
>boring and dull and completley lifeless.

TOM: Just weekly adventures, fighting evil and the demons within.
What a drag.

> Buffy brought a sense of
>completion and happiness to his life. He loved her...and would always.

MIKE: Or, at least until Sarah Michelle Gellar moves on to her big
movie career.
CROW: Or until the gypsy curse fails and Angel becomes a full vampire
again.

>*Part 7*

>The slayer walked into the library cheery and humming. "I see your
>better." Gile's said disgusted.

TOM: So, Giles...
CROW: -Rupert- Giles?
TOM: Yes, Rupert Giles. So, Rupert Giles was secretly hoping that
Buffy would remain a miserable, useless crybaby? That makes
as much sense as anything else here.

>"Even your not gonna ruin my day giles. Look, I may not seem it, but I
>am to wigged out to go hunting, I may freeze up, and you may loose me
>again. Giles please understand."

MIKE: Why hold Giles to a higher standard than the reader?

>"I wish i could." The watcher said frowning and walked back to his
>books. Buffy shook her head and walked to cooking class to see Xander's
>face smeared in chocolate.

CROW: Why do I have a feeling Nick Brendan's gonna take a hostage after
reading this next scene?

>"Hrey Brudffy" he mumbled chewing the chocolate cake.
>"Hrey to you to." Buffy said smiling picking off of the crumbs on
>Xander's plate.

ALL: <laugh weakly>

>"Where's Willow?" the slayer asked.
>"Oh...Giles didn't tell you?"
>"Tell me what?" Her eyes widened
>"Willow was attacked last night, but managed to run away. She was to
>shaken to come to school."

TOM: This would be Xander? "If Willow's hurt, I'll Kill You" Xander.
Stuffing his face with cake and acting flippant.

>"oh god.." Buffy looked down.

CROW: I can't believe I wore -these- shoes.

>"Yeah she seemed ok this morning, she'll be back tommorow."
>Buffy knitted her eyebrows. "mm hmm." she said softly and walked out.

TOM: Ah, another scene washing gently away like sand in an undertow.

>The whole day dragged by with thoughts "Should I hunt?" she was still
>scared.

MIKE: Well, if you have moral qualms about hunting vampires, just
yell "He's coming right toward us!" before you shoot them.

> Afraid Angel would get hurt or she would. Buffy knew people as
>innocent as willow might of died. She shook her head and trudged up the
>alley and knocked on Angel's apartment.

CROW: Mid-sized California suburb, or strip mall? You make the call!

>He opened it he only had black pants on.
>"Little horny there angel." she smiled and kissed him.
>He laughed. "Oh yeah."

ALL: WHAT?!?!?!
CROW: I did -not- need to read about Angel's "little horny".

>She sat on the bed. "sleep all day?"

MIKE: Well, since I slept all NIGHT with you, I've been kind of stuck
here indoors twiddling my undead thumbs all day. Want to see my
macaroni duck?

>"Pretty much. I missed you." He walked over to her and kissed her
>deeply. She touched his bare chest and shivered. He was so handsome and
>sweet. Buffy hugged him and sat on his lap.

CROW: <sobbing> Right on top of little horny.

>"I love you." She whispered as she nestled her head into his shoulder.
>"I love you to" he whispered back in her ear.

TOM: <Buffy> Hey! That's dirty!

>"I think I will go hunting." she sat up smiling.
>"Really?" his eyes lit up.

CROW: [Buffy] Yeah, the deer population of Sunnydale's getting way out
of control. Now get me a blaze orange vest out of your freezer
closet.

>"As long as you'll come."
>"I wouldn't miss it." angel smiled and tickled her until they both fell
>back on the bed. She stared into his big brown eyes. They just lay
>there absorbing eachother.

TOM: They're the quicker picker eacher other upper!

> It was nearly dark when they snapped out of
>it.

MIKE: If you spend six straight hours staring into someone's eyes, you
really need to be checked for epilepsy or something.

>"You ready?" Angel said putting on his white shirt and leather jacket.
>Buffy nodded and got some stakes. Angel took her hand and they both
>walked towards the graveyard. As they sat on the grave Buffy heard a
>loud growl behind her. She snapped into slayer mode and staked it.

CROW: She staked the low growl, but the vampire it came from killed her.
The end.

> The
>same for 3 other vampires.

CROW: She staked their low growls, too?
TOM: Now -that's- a fanfic action sequence.

>"I think I've made a world record." Buffy smiled and sat next to angel
>on the grass.

MIKE: I don't think Guinness will be interested, honey.

>"I don't know why I'm here" He smiled and put his arm around her.
>"I am really proud you did that. What talked you in to it?"

CROW: She just hates low growling noises, is all.

>"Well, friends. Willow was attacked and I thought innocent and harmless
>people like her are being attacked every day and I'm not out there
>trying to stop it. At least now i can say i am saving peoples lives
>instead of being scared to."

TOM: You know, normally, a sudden, poorly thought-out resolution to a
deeply rooted psychological problem would bother me, but the
author did such a great job preparing me for it that I don't
mind.

---------Bryan Lambert----<bryn...@minn.net---------
RATTM's Official Biggest Wuss: Watch out!
Future Keeper/Maintainer: "Modern Space Ghost FAQ"
-<Visit the Messy Canvas: www1.minn.net/~bryncthy>---