[MiSTed] Target: Buttercup (2/2)

Jen White6

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
> CUT TO:
> PLANET CRANTOR; 14:00 HOURS:
>
> SCENE: HUNTOR'S CONTROL CENTER. THE SAME AREA BUTTERCUP WAS
> BEAMED TO, HOURS AGO...

Brak: Y'know, since this is just a story, they don't *have* to use the same
backgrounds over and over to save money.

> We see Blossom, Bubbles, and Powerpuff Mom (Sandy)

Ghost: In case you had forgotten who she is.

> Take shape in the now empty Control Center. They slowly take form, and
> Solidify. As they do, they quickly tense up, eyeing the entire area with
> anxiety

Zorak: With eyes like the Power Puff Girls have, they could eye the entire
situation without turning their heads.

> And antici

All: SAY IT!

> pation.

Ghost: Don't you just love the classics?
Zorak: You mean the tired old cliches?

> BLOSSOM: Split up, and look for clues!

Zorak: Speaking of which...

> BUBBLES: Right!
>
> POWERPUFF MOM: (exclaiming) Kids! Over here! I see something!

Ghost: [Blossom] Mom, you're supposed to split up, THEN find clues!

> BLOSSOM: Shure thing!
>
> BUBBLES: What is it, Mom?
>
> They join her in Huntor's Living room, and Blossom gasps in fear and
> disgust,
> and
> Bubbles Lets out a terrified scream.

Ghost: They had just realized that they had committed the crime of breaking
and entering.

> POWERPUFF MOM: Dear God.

Brak: [Powerpuff Mom] Please bring Buttercup back. And world peace, if ya
got time.

> BLOSSOM: This creep is some kind of predator.

Zorak: How can ya tell? Tooth marks on the silverware?

> BUBBLES: (Terrified) Blossom... Mom.... LOOK!

Brak: [Bubbles] I can juggle!

> Six sets of eyes stare at the pedestal that sits on the mantel.
>
> POWERPUFF MOM: NO!

Ghost: A PEDESTAL on a MANTLE! That thing already reaches the ceiling!
How're you going to put anything on top of it?!

> BUBBLES: (Clutching her stomach) I think I'm gonna be sick.

Brak: Oh, it's not *that* bad. Just take it down and put it *beside* the
mantel.

> BLOSSOM: No, you two! She's here somewhere on this Rockball, and she needs
> our
> help! I don't understand, but something is very wrong here! If Buttercup
> were
> okay, she would have disposed of this creep as soon as she was brought
> here!

Ghost: [Blossom] Don't ask me how I know all that! I just do!

> NARRATOR: (Having recovered his wits a few hours ago) Blossom, you don't
> know
> just how right you are!

Brak: I bet the Narrator told her. *That's* how she knows.

> CUT TO THE JUNGLE, ABOUT 10 MILES FROM HUNTOR"S COMPLEX:

Zorak: Straight up. The cameraman plummets to his death.

> Buttercup is laying on the ground, her strength gone, and her spirit
> broken.

Ghost: NO! Go into Game Sprite mode before it's too late!
Zorak: What ARE you talking about?

> Huntor is kneeling over her, ready to administer the coup de grace. He
> grabs
> her by the
> Collar, and:

Brak: Says that he was just kidding, 'cause it's mean to beat up on little
kids, and anyway BS&P is making him.

> HUNTOR: Well, my fine little quarry,

Ghost: [Huntor] You are MINE now!
Brak: [Huntor] No ifs, ands, ORE buts about it!
Zorak: [Huntor] You don't have a chance in SHALE of getting away!

> you put up a great fight... I shall be
> forever in your debt. But you have lost, and I have won. You'll make a fine
> trophy.

Zorak: Bronze her and stick her on a block of wood. Give her away at the
next bowling tournament.

> Suddenly, from behind him, he hears three voices from He Double Hockey
> Sticks
> that sends chills up and down his spine:

Ghost: ["HIM"] Well, we meet again, dears!

> BLOSSOM, BUBBLES, AND POWERPUFF MOM:
> PUT THE GIRL DOWN. NOW!

Brak: Um, they don't got her. Huntor does.

> Huntor drops Buttercup out of sheer fright, and turns to face what he knows
> be certain death.

Brak: Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch...

> It suprisingly doesn't come.

Ghost: So he didn't *really* know it, he just kinda suspected it.

> All he sees are Two Very
> angry
> Powerpuff Girls,
> And one extremely angry Powerpuff Mom, hovering over him.

Zorak: And he gets out the flyswatter. Ftwang!

> BLOSSOM: I'll take care of this goon. You two see if Buttercup is ok.

Ghost: She's lying on the ground, her strength gone and her spirit broken.
How okay does *that* sound?!

> Bubbles and Powerpuff Mom do so, both crying and sobbing.

Ghost: Who says that heroes can't have their tender emotional side?
Zorak: Still getting "contributions" from the Wusses Association?

> POWERPUFF MOM: (Gently picking up Buttercup, and hugging her)
> Baby... thank God you're alive. We all thought-

Brak: That the "Monopoly" guy really *does* make a great mayor.
Zorak: That you had been skipping kindergarten again.
Ghost: That Professor Utonium's mother was a ruler.

> BUTTERCUP: (A bit peeved) Com'on you two, don't get mushy on me. I'll be
> fine.

Brak: Fortunately she had a spare spirit with her.

> Just
> Get this EFFING thing off my neck. Okay? Please?

Zorak: [Buttercup] Ya think ya can MANAGE that?!

> BLOSSOM: Ok, I've got nature boy here trussed up.

Ghost: What? A heroic battle with the villain took place, and I *missed*
it?!

> He'll have to come back
> with
> us to face Kidnapping charges,

Brak: Kidnapping, with a real kid.

> assault, and-
>
> HUNTOR: (Protesting) No! I am a resident of Crantor! Earth justice does not
> apply to me. I demand that you release me immediately, and leave my world.

Ghost: Ooooh, he's got a point. Does Crantor extradite?

> BUTTERCUP: (Struggling in anger, as Powerpuff Mom Is working on breaking
> off
> the
> Power Restrainer) NO! LEMME AT HIM! ALL I WANT IS 30 SECONDS, OK?
>
> BUBBLES: YEAH! Let Her go, Mom!

Zorak: [rubbing his hands together] BS&P, go take a hike!

> POWERPUFF MOM: (As she finally rips off the collar, and sets Buttercup free
> of
> its influence.) Now girls, I'm afraid Mister Huntor is right. Earth laws do
> not
> apply to him.

Zorak: [Powerpuff Mom] But butt-kicking is not in the law either, so GET
HIM!

> But, Crantorian law doesn't apply to us, either. Blossom... Bubbles... Let's
> head
> back to the control center, and leave Buttercup alone with the nice man for
> awhile... I'm shure that they have much to talk about.

Ghost: Wellll... it may not technically be justice, but it works poetically
speaking.
Zorak: Sez the guy who blew up a whole planet full of Gargyloids just
because he didn't like their idol!
Brak: Whoa. That's *gotta* be against the Prime Directive.
Ghost: [Defensively] I was young then. And, anyway, the statute of
limitations on planet destruction is ten years.

> BUTTERCUP: (Gleefully) Thanks, Mom. I won't be too long...

Ghost: Oh, that lovable little vicious, vengeful tot. I just want to go out
and buy an armload of green-eyed dolls now.

> POV: Buttercup is slowly turning towards the still bound and gagged
> Huntor,
> his eyes
> Wide in terror, as Buttercup slowly moves toward him, step by step, inch by
> inch.

All: NIAGRA FALLS!

> NARRATOR: Oh, no! I can't watch!

Zorak: I can! Lemme see!

> SLOW FADE TO BLACK, AS BUTTERCUP POUNCES ON HER TARGET, AND WE HEAR LOUD
> SOUNDS
> OF FIGHTING IN THE DARKNESS.

Ghost: [singing] B S & P, we're living with B, S & P...

> NARRATOR: (Through darkness, as the sounds of fighting and muffled screams
> continue) So once again, the day is saved... By Dexter's Laboratory?
>
> THE END

[The text scrolls off the screen. The monitor goes staticky, then squeakily
rises out of frame as if it knows it is no longer needed.]
Brak: See! Even little kids can be superheroes!
Ghost: Well, uh...
Zorak: Little kids can also be hunted like animals. [sighs] Just like
home.
Brak: [doubtfully] That sounds kinda dangerous...
Ghost: Yes! Yes it is. Being a hero is *dangerous.* Day in and day out,
dealing with villains, the worst scum of the galaxy... no offense, guys.
Zorak: None taken. [evil snicker] I *know* what I am.
Brak: I didn't think about that.
Zorak: Don't bother with it, Brakums. Being a hero ain't all it's cracked
up to be. Take it from Batmantis.
Ghost: Yeah.
Zorak: Ya don't get the girls in real life. Instead, ya get saddled with
some lame-o sidekicks. Ya end up as a total loser!
Ghost: Yeah - HEY! How did you know about Batmantis?! That was in a
*dream* I had!
Zorak: [at a loss] Um... er...
Brak: Maybe I ought to be content with what I am after all.
Zorak: Uh... right! If you're a doofus, be the best darn doofus you can be.
Brak: [proudly] And I'm pretty gosh darned good at it!
Ghost: Yep. When we need a doofus, we know who to come to.
Brak: Thanks. [sniffling] You guys... you're the greatest. Group hug!
[Both Space Ghost and Zorak hesitate.]
Zorak: Try it and die.
Ghost: Not until someone hoses Larva Boy there down.
Brak: [cheerfully] Okay.

/ |
| /
|/|
/ |
___________|/|____________
| ______________________ |\
| |J#~#-####*###-##*###+#| | |
| |##*#.##-#.##-#.##~##*#| | |
| |##+###+##~##+###+#*###| | |
| |##-#.##+##.-###-####-#| | |
| |#-###-###+#W######-## | | |
| |##~#*###-*###*#+#.####| | |
| |###~#+#~.##-######~###| | |
| |##-#*###-#*~##-#~#.##%| | |

This MiSTing is copyright (c) by the author, JenW...@aol.com. "Target:
Buttercup" is copyright (c) by "Sailor Goon". All Space Ghost and Powerpuff
Girls characters are copyright (c) Hanna-Barbera. This MiSTing was done in the
name of fun, and no malice is intended to anyone. Many thanks to "Sailor Goon"
for letting me MiST his fic!

> Why in Crantor's name did you beam her up Naked?!?

so sez Jen "Call me MiSTer!" White.