The MiSTing Authors' Own Fanfics Reviewed (4/4)

Tjats

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
[Lyle cam]

SERVO: Thank you for reading our special. We're sure you completely wasted a
whole
hour reading all this sensless dribble.
MIKE: But before we go, we'd like to riff one last story. It's chapter one of
Jim Whaley's "Star Speck II: The Naked Wow."
CROW: Hey, he made two of them?
MIKE: Says here he almost wrote a third.
SERVO: Yikes.
MIKE: Let's read.

[shadowrama]

>Star Speck II: The Naked Wow

CROW: Wow! He saw me naked!

>Chapter One
>
> "Hey, hey, hey!

MIKE: It's Fat Albert!

>What kind of drink is this?!"

SERVO: It's a new beverage called SURGE!

> "It's xerdon, captain. I heard it's

CROW: ...a kind of car wax.

>really good," came Finan's answer.

MIKE: Finan?
SERVO: I'll bet every single character is named some stupid word that rhymes.

> Captain Jean-Stoop Pickard looked at Finan, looked at his drink, then back
at
>Finan.

SERVO: You see? I was right.

>"Well, I guess I'll try it."
> "Now that's a good...er...old man," said Finan.

CROW: If she wasn't already a barmaid she'd have been demoted to one after
that.

>Then, without hesitation, she said "Gotta go," and left.
> "Harumph. 'old man' am I?

MIKE: Look, face it. You're bald, but that's not necesarily a bad thing.

>Well, I'll show-"
> The captain was interupted by a burst of voices. The voices only said one
>word, repeating and repeating.

SERVO: Much like this sentence.

> "WOW!"

MIKE: These potato chips have less the fat that the normal ones!

> "What the-?" Captain Pickard said.

CROW: So basicly stick a K in there and it's a parody name?

> "WOW, WOW, WOW!" the people kept yelling.
> "Bridge, do you hear what's going on here?" Captain Pickard asked.

SERVO[Riker]: Yes, and we've got a ticket for disturbing the peace.

> "Yes, captain," said Comander Whilliam Riper, a remarkably tall, bearded
man.

MIKE: So the scene just shifted to the other end of the line?
SERVO: Again, stick a few silend letters in and you get a completely different
name.

>"We have the same situation all over the ship, unfortunately."
> "Well, do someth-"
> "Captain? Are you okay?"

CROW: Yeah, I just forgot how to talk. Hang on a minute...

> "WOW!"

MIKE: These potato chips really are good!

> "Captain?"
> "WOW!"
> "Uh, okay, captain. Riper out."
> "WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!" the captain kept yelling.

SERVO[Pickard]: I stubbed my toe!

> "I on't know what's wrong with him," Doctor Heavenly Blusher said. The
doctor
>had only been on board the ship for a month after Doctor Hate Plaqueski was
>transfered to the U.S.S. Elf after serving one year on the Centerpice.

CROW: Still, the starship names are more entertaining than Ratliff's.

>"What did you say happened?"

MIKE: But I thought the doctors were the ones who figured that out.

> "We were talking over the comuneicators when 'WOW' was heard over the
speakers.

SERVO: Oh, jeez. Even the objects are named something "funny".

>I rushed to Ten-Backward to see what was going on, and Captein Pickard was
>yelling pretty darn loud,"

CROW: Shouting, even.

>comm=ander Riper explained. "I brought him and several others here for a
>check-up."

SERVO: And look, that's just a pretty stupid parody name for Checkov.
MIKE: Calm down, Servo.

> "I see," said Blusher. "How many others?"

MIKE[Riper]: I brought a bunch of his colege buddies to cheer him up.
SERVO AND CROW: Whooo! Hey, pass the beer!

> "Oh, just a couple dozzen."
> Blusher looked at Spiker with a look that could kill.

SERVO: Wasn't it Riper a minute ago?
MIKE: It's the name game!
CROW: Duck duck, banana banna bo buck, fanana fanna fo-

[Mike calmly hits Crow]

> "Well, wait...mabee a couple, couple dozzen. Yeah, that's it."
> "FOUR DOZZEN?!" Doctor Blusher roared.

SERVO: It's not like you don't have a complete medical staff or anything!

> "Okay, g'bye." Spiker left.

CROW[Spiker/Riper]: I gotta go change my name on the Starfleet form.

> "Grrr...," Doc. B. growled.

MIKE: Hey, Q turned her back into a spaniel. Remember that one episode?

[Lyle cam]

CROW: Well, we'd like to do more but we're out of time and money and disk
space.
SERVO: So until next time, MiSTies!
MIKE: And we've got a brand new split screen for you to enjoy! Bye, bye!

[love theme turned down a bit so we can bring you the following announcement]

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING NOT FORMATED FOR USENET

NEXT TIME ON I written by: Jim Whaley
SCIENCE FICTION THEATER 1,000,000,000! I "Brain Trek: Worst Contact" by:
SEASON PRIMERE! I Kevin Rudolph and Matt Nelson
I "My Gift to You" by:
> TITLE: The Starship Captain That Neelix I Rob C. Bungie
>Claus Forgot I "Sailor Deathmatch" by:
I Skyrocket
--- I "Star Speck II: The Naked Wow"
by:
I Jim Whaley
> "I apologise in advance Chakotay." I
> I featuring:
I mike nelson: Michael J. Nelson
ALL: We'll never forgive you. I crow: Bill Corbett
I tom servo: Kevin Murphy
--- I
I all characters potrayed in this
> She had to I production are trademarks of
their
> say she agreed, even though the Christmas I respective companies.
>tree was beautiful. I
> I no insults are intended to
anyone
I anywhere
CROW: And it contained all twenty-seven I
Hallmark Star Trek ornaments. I based upon MST3K created by Joel
Hodgson
--- I thanks to:
I all MiSTing authors worldwide
>Tearing the paper from around the present, I Best Brains, Inc.
>Neelix soon discovered I all you people who love
to laugh
>that he had been given a pair of plastic I
>safety goggles. I comments can be sent to
I tj...@aol.com
CROW: Why? In case he needs to wield I
celery? I c1999 by Jim Whaley
--- I This was a Mystery Usenet
Theater 3000
I production.
plus: NEW THEME SONG I
NEW PLOT LINE I
BUT THE SAME GREAT TASTE!

episode 301: The Neelix Claus part three: The Starship Captain that Neelix
Claus Forgot
SEASON PRIMERE!

NEXT TIME ON SCIENCE FICTION THEATER 1,000,000,000!

Jim, that Mistie
(#90212)

"Darling, why should I be worried? The only time I ever felt badly was when I
felt like a whore in Milan and that only lasted seven minutes and besides it
was the room furnishings." -Catherine "A Farewell to Arms"