<MiSTing> MMPR:TM- The Script [9/11]

1 view

TCurryFan

Aug 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/13/97

> 68 EXT. ROPE BRIDGE - DAY 68
>
> The Tengu are on full alert. One of them hears something,
> snaps around, there's nothing there.
>
> Another Tengu looks down as a frog hops between his leg. He
> SCREECHES and STOMPS down his taloned foot, missing the
> creature by inches.

MIKE: Hey! Don't step on poor defenseless little amphibians,
you mean old- !
TOM: Mike...?
MIKE: Yes?
TOM: It's just a movie script, Mike... Don't get so involved.

> We hear a CAW and the Queen Tengu squints as she spots a
> falcon circling in the sky above.

MIKE: Which starts pooping on her.
TOM: In THIS movie, it wouldn't surprise me!

> The Queen is perched on top
> of a 20 foot rock face. She looks around hesitantly.
>
> Now the Rangers ATTACK, some of them LUNGING OFF ROCKS, others
> BURSTING out of crevices, others coming over the walls.

ALL: You name it...

> Billy wields his WHISTLING sticks -- misses several times,
> then starts BASHING and THWACKING the feathered beasts.
>
> The Queen SHOOTS A LASER BLAST

MIKE: Whoah!
TOM: Hey, no fair!
CROW: Typical Tengu... Bring laser-shooting eyes to a Ninjetti
fight!

> from her eyes -- it EXPLODES
> before Tommy.
>
> Kimberly battles another Tengu and the creature forces her
> back on to the rickety bridge.

MIKE: Rope bridge, guys...
CROW: It's gonna break at any minute...

> The Queen FIRES ANOTHER BLAST.
>
> ROCKY
> LOOK OUT!

MIKE: Brilliant, Rocky!
TOM: Napoleon really coulda used this guy in Russia.

> Rocky DIVES, knocking Aisha away from the bolt.
>
> Adam and one of the Tengu circle each other warily.
>
> ADAM
> The frog silently assesses its
> target, then strikes out...

CROW: Oh, THAT'S smart, Adam- say it out loud so he knows what
you're gonna do...

> Suddenly the Tengu is HURTLED BACKWARD TEN FEET THROUGH THE
> AIR. We didn't even see Adam move.

MIKE: He's telekinetic!
TOM: COOL!

> ADAM
> ... in the blink of an eye.

CROW: ...or less, or you're pizza's free!

> Tommy steps up behind a Tengu.
>
> TOMMY
> Yo, Tweety!
>
> The Tengu turns around and Tommy WHALLOPS HIM WITH A SPINNING-
> HEEL KICK. A Tengu faces down Aisha and she goes into a bear
> stance.
>
> AISHA
> The bear is sturdy as a towering
> tree. Nothing can uproot it.
>
> The Tengu CHARGES LIKE A BULL, SLAMS INTO AISHA. She holds
> fast and the bird EXPLODES INTO A CLOUD OF FEATHERS.

MIKE: Whoah!
TOM: JUST feathers? That's all they're made of?
MIKE: Apparently.

> AISHA
> Bye, bye birdy.
>
> Kimberly continues balancing precariously on the bridge as she
> EXCHANGES BLOWS with her foe.
>
> She finally drops into a crane stance... then just like Dulcea
> she LEAPS THROUGH THE AIR, EXECUTES A BRUTAL SPINNING HELL
> KICK and sends the birdman TUMBLING OFF THE BRIDGE.

MIKE: He can't recover and fly to safety?

> In a movement that seems to defy gravity, she lands perfcctly
> back on the swinging bridge.
>
> KIMBERLY
> Hasta la Pasta, Bigbird!

TOM: Hey! That's Billy's line! Well, Billy's clone's line, but
still...

> Billy swings his sticks, BASHES one of the Tengu in the beak
> -- the creature EXPLODES INTO A CLOUD OF FEATHERS!
>
> BILLY
> AIM FOR THEIR BEAKS!

TOM: Gee, they seemed to be doing fine with their previous
strategies.

> Tommy reaches the top of a rack. He sees a Tengu making a
> KAMIKAZE DIVE TOWARD KIMBERLY. TOMMY DIVES, SOARING THIRTY
> FEET THROUGH THE AIR -- HE INTERCEPTS THE TENGU AND THEY SPIN
> TOWARD EARTH TOGETHER. They HIT the ground and EXCHANGE BLOWS
> AS THEY FALL OVER ONE ANOTHER.

CROW: They're head over heels in love!

> Rocky SLAMS another Tengu in the beak, KABLAM

MIKE: Any show with hosts named "Henry" and "June" is cool by
me!

> -- the creature
> is OBLITERATED.
>
> Tommy LEAPS INTO THE AIR, NAILS two Tengu in the beaks. They
> BOTH BURST IN AN EXPLOSION OF FEATHERS.

CROW: So, basically, there's a lot of feathers flying around at
this point?
MIKE: Pretty much.

> The Queen shoots another BOLT OF ENERGY -- a rock EXPLODES,
> SHOWERING THE KIDS WITH SHRAPNEL.

MIKE: <as random Ranger> I've been hit! MEDIC!

> Aisha turns to Rocky.

TOM: <as Aisha> Ya know, I've never "been with" a guy before...
CROW: <as Rocky> Don't worry, I have!

> AISHA
> It's up to you.
>
> Rocky takes a deep breath, goes into a crouch position.
> Incredibly he SCALES THE WALL IN THE SAME WAY HE WENT UP THE
> POLE.

ALL: <do ape noises>

> HE FLIPS OVER THE TOP and lands right before the Queen
> Tengu. He looks her dead in the eye.
>
> ROCKY
> Polly wanna cracker?

MIKE: <as Queen Tengu> Oh, I'd love one, thanks!

> With that, he executes a devastating SPINNING-HEEL KICK and
> the Queen BURSTS INTO OBLIVION.
>
> KIMBERLY
> ALL RIGHT, ROCKY!
>
> Instantly, the remaining Tengu retreat, SQUAWKING and CAWWING
> in rage. The kids turn to eaeh other, sharing in a moment of
> triumph.
>
> ADAM
> WE DID IT!!

CROW: ORGY! ORGY!

> 72 EXT. ANGEL GROVE TOWER - DAY 72
>
> We're on top of a high tower overlooking the entire city
> There's a BURST OF PURPLE SMOKE -- Ivan, Mordant and Goldar
> appear. Ivan looks out on the city, holds up his arms
> theatrically.

TOM: <as Ivan> Friends, Romans, Country men!

> IVAN
> ANGEL GROVE... I'D LIKE TO
> INTRODUCE YOU TO A COUPLE OF MY
> NEAREST AND DEAREST FRIENDS...
> HORNITOR!

ALL: <crowd cheering noises>

> HORNITOR APPEARS on the street ROARING like a fiend. His
> enormous foot DROPS DOWN AND CRUSHES A CAR INTO OBLIVION.

MIKE: My lamborghini!

> IVAN
> And his trimetallic partner in
> crime... SCORPITRON!!
>
> SCORPITRON APPEARS on the street and BASHES IN THE SIDE OF A
> BUILDING, SENDING GLASS AND DEBRIS EVERYWHERE.

MIKE: My- ! Ummm...

> IVAN
> THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!!!
>
> GOLDAR
> GO IVAN!!

MIKE: Go PACKERS!
TOM: PACKERS win the Super Bowl!
CROW: WOO-HOO!

MIKE: Ewww.

> MORDANT
> LONG LIVE THE BOOGER MAN!
>
> 73 INT. COMMAND CENTER - DAY 73
>
> Zordon, now barely alive, watches as Alpha makes more
> adjustments to his contraption.

TOM: <as Zordon> Will you stop playing with your contraption and
DO something?!

> ALPHA 5
> That should do it. we won't be
> able to hear them, but they
> SHOULD be able to hear us.
> (beat)
> Here goes.
>
> There's STATIC and then we see the reporter again.
>
> NEWS REPORTER
> ... the Mayor has declared a
> state of emergency

CROW: Wait, wouldn't the news crew AND the mayor be under Ivan's
spell?
TOM: I guess they're all childless.

> and asked that
> the city be immediately
> evacuated. He has reiterated the
> need for everyone to remain calm.
>
> We see images of PEOPLE SCREAMING THEIR GUTS out as they
> CLAMBER PAST CAMERA.

ALL: Waa-waa-waaaaaahhh...

> NEWS REPORTER
> Angel Grove has never before
> known such a crisis and we can
> now only pray for the swift
> arrival of the Power Rangers!

TOM: Don't hold your breath, sweetie, they've got problems of
their own!

> ALPHA 5
> Ay, yi, yi, yi!
>
> Zordon speaks in a whisper.

MIKE: <as Zordon, softly> Stop... saying that... Or I'll...
kill you.

> ZORDON
> ... Alpha, keep trying!
>
> 74 74
> thru OMITTED thru
> 75 75
>
> 75A EXT. MONOLITH - DAY 75A
>
> The kids climb up on top of the rock bluff -- before them is a
> huge black Monolith. There's all sorts of charred bones and
> skeletons strewn around it, some of them human, some of them
> alien.

MIKE Well, yeah, seeing as they ARE on another planet.
CROW: HEY, the rope bridge never broke!
TOM: Hey, yeah!
MIKE: Wow...

> They approach the massive block, stand before it in awe struck
> silence. In the middle of the Monolith there's a large circle
> with the six animals of the Ninjetti carved into it.
>
> ROCKY
> ... The Nathadian Monolith...

MIKE: Are the "Rocky's an idiot" jokes getting old yet?
TOM: Yes.
MIKE: Ok.

> Kimberly looks at all the bones -- instinctively puts her hand
> on her animal symbol.
>
> KIMBERLY
> I guess these guys weren't so
> lucky.
>
> A few of the kids walk around the Monolith, examining it more
> closely.
>
> AISHA
> We've come all this way for a
> rock wall?!

CROW: <singing> It was ROOOOCK WAA-AAL!
MIKE: No, doesn't work...

> BILLY
> There should be a way to open it.

TOM: See? The guy's a genius!

> Billy &;Tommy latch their hands over the block, searching for
> an opening.
>
> BILLY
> ... Nothing.
>
> ROCKY
> Release the power with the power.

MIKE: <sniffs> Uh-oh... I think I smell something burning...
CROW: Rocky's trying to think.
MIKE Ah.
TOM: I guess the "Rocky's an idiot" jokes AREN'T getting old...

> Rocky steps back, THROWS HIS SHOULDER into the Monolith with a
> THUMP, winces in pain.
>
> AISHA
> Not that kind of power.
>
> The kids exchange discouraged looks.
>
> BILLY
> ... There has to be something
> we're missing.

MIKE: No s**t, Sherlock!

> The kids look crestfallen.
>
> ROCKY
> It can't end like this...
>
> Suddenly a SIZZLE OF ELECTRICITY forms in front of them.
>
> KIMBERLY
> What NOW!

MIKE: Yes, now!

> The kids mouth's fall open as... a HOLOGRAPHIC IMAGE OF
> ZORDON'S WITHERED FACE APPEARS. He speaks in a barely
> audible voice.
>
> ZORDON
> Rangers... Ivan has invaded the
> city... time is running out...
>
> Zordon's image FLICKERS a few times then STABILIZES again.
>
> ZORDON
> Each of you are now in possession
> of miraculous skills... but only
> when the six become one will you
> have the strength to harness the
> Great Power.

MIKE: This tape will self-destruct in five seconds.

> His IMAGE FLICKERS then FADES AWAY.
>
> KIMBERLY
> ZORDON!!
>
> Billy studies the circle with zealous eyes.

TOM: Billy gets turned on by monoliths.

> TOMMY
> Six become one... the combined
> forces of the Ninjetti.
>
> ROCKY
> Strength in numbers!!
>
> They silently assemble in a line, all of them interlock:
> hands. They face the Monolith with fire in their eyes.

MIKE: <as random Ranger> OW!... MY EYES!

> BILLY
> I am the wolf, cunning and swift!
>
> KIMBERLY
> I am the crane, agile and
> sublime!
>
> AISHA
> I am the bear, stalwart and bold!
>
> ADAM
> I am the frog, quick as
> lightning!
>
> ROCKY
> I am the mighty ape!
>
> TOMMY
> And I am the Falcon, Winged Lord
> of the Sky!
>
> RANGERS
> WE... ARE THE NINJETTI!!!

ALL: <singing> We are the champions, we are the champions!

> A mysterious HALO OF LIGHT SHROUDS the Rangers and they
> dissapear INTO THIN AIR.

CROW: Woo-hoo! They're gone!
MIKE: All right!

> 75B OMITTED 75B
>
> 75C INT. MONOLITH - DAY 75C
>
> The kids BURST THROUGH A WALL

CROW: That's GOTTA hurt!

> OF LIGHT and come down together

MIKE: <singing> Right now... Over me!

> inside a vast cavern. There's a pyramid shaped steel object
> in the center of the room, a RADIANT LIGHT SHINING FROM IT.
>
> AISHA
> What HAPPENED?!
>
> ADAM
> Where are we?!
>
> BILLY
> Of course! The power is of
> another world. Another
> dimension.

CROW: With voyeuristic intention?

> KIMBERLY
> WE'VE GOT TEN TRIACS BEFORE WE'RE
> TOAST!!
>
> ROCKY
> That's twenty seconds!!

MIKE: I thought one triac was 20 seconds, so 10 triacs would be
3 minutes and 20 seconds.

> The kids advance toward the pyramid.
>
> TOMMY
> Release the power WITH the power.
>
> AISHA
> What does that mean?!
>
> Adam notices their symbols are glowing.
>
> BILLY
> Our SYMBOLS.
>
> The kids ogle the radiant emblems.

MIKE: Woo-hoo!
TOM: Take it off!
CROW: Oh, baby!

> Kimberly
> takes hold of hers and it COMES OFF in her hand -- there's a
> mirror on the other side.

TOM: She proceeds to check her make-up and hair.

> ROCKY
> Ten seconds and counting!!
>
> KIMBERLY
> It's some kind of mirror!
>
> Kimberly looks at her reflection and primps her hair.

TOM: D'OH!

> The
> other's remove their symbols.
>
> AISHA
> Release the power with the
> power.
>
> BILLY
> I've got it! We use the mirrors
> to reflect the light back into
> itself!!
>
> ROCKY
> THREE SECONDS!!
>
> TOMMY
> LET'S DO IT!?

MIKE: Ummmm... Sure, why not?
TOM: But why are you asking us?

> All of them turn their mirrors toward the pyramid. A BEAM OF
> LIGHT SHOOT FROM THE POWER; INTO THE MIRRORS AND BACK IN
> TO THE POWER.
>
> We hear a RUMBLING SOUND as the earth starts to SHAKE.

MIKE: <as random Ranger> Did the Earth move for you, too?

The
> Rangers look to each other, horrified.
>
> Then everything falls still and silent... and then a miracle
> happens.

CROW: The movie-
MIKE: Stop it, Crow.

> We hear a HARMONIOUS, OTHERWORLDLY CHORUS as the pyramid OPENS
> UP, REVEALING THE MOST GLORIOUS SOURCE OF LIGHT IN THE
> UNIVERSE.

CROW: Lite-Brite, making things with li-ight!

> The kids shield their eyes from the brilliance, all of them
> wearing wonder-struck expressions.
>
> SIX BEAMS OF COLORED LIGHT SHOOT OUT AND HIT EACH OF THE
> RANGERS... AND THEIR POWER RANGERS UNIFORMS MATERIALIZE ON
> THEM! Their visors are clear so we can see their faces.

MIKE: Argh. Why?

> TOMMY
> WE HAVE THE GREAT POWER!!
>
> Now the symbols in their hands TRANSFORM INTO...
>
> ROCKY
> NEW POWER COINS!!

MIKE: <as "Rocky"> Yo, ADRIAN!

> BILLY
> OUR MORPHERS ARE ON LINE!
>
> AISHA.
> WE DID IT!!
>
> ADAM
> HANG ON, ANGEL GROVE.
>
> KIMBERLY
> WE'RE ON OUR WAY!

TOM: Thanks for the warning!

> They hit their communicators -- they instantly TRANSFORM INTO
> SIX IRIDESCENT COLUMNS OF COLOR AND BLAST OFF.
>
> 75D EXT. MOUNTAIN SIDE / PHAEDOS - DAY 75D
>
> Dulcea and Snoggle watch as the COLUMNS OF COLOR streak away
> from the planet, leaving behind a RAINBOW with the six colors
> of the Power Rangers.

MIKE: So, there are six colored lights, right?
TOM: That DOES seem to be what they're implying...
CROW: THERE... ARE... FOUR... LIGHTS!!!

> SNOGGLE
> Spherhlegnu.
>
> DULCEA
> Yes, Snoggle... they now have the
> Great Power of the Ninjetti!

MIKE: There goes the neighborhood!

<@ 2 3 4 5 6>

<The Widowmaker>

<We hear sirens. The Widowmaker "pulls over to the side" >

PEARL: Oh, great, the fuzz! Well, don't worry... I'll get us
out of this. I can work my feminine wiles on this loser cop
like I did back on Earth ...

<Pearl refreshes her lipstick and affects a "sweet, seductive"
expression as the COP pulls next to the Widowmaker on a
space-cycle. We see that the COP is a woman>

COP: License and registration please, ma'am.

PEARL: <to the camera> Figures... Affirmative action's a
bitch...

BOBO: Don't worry, Lawgiver! I can tempt this fair creature...

<PEARL rolls her eyes>

BOBO: <in a "sweet voice"> I say, officer... You look nice...

COP: Uh-huh... Can I please see your license and registration?

<BOBO launches himself out of the Widowmaker and onto the COP's
leg, grunting and growling for all he's worth>

COP: Aaaah! Ma'am, please get your pet off my leg!

PEARL: BOBO, will you KNOCK it off!

<BOBO lets go of the COP's leg and crawls back into the
Widowmaker>

PEARL: Honestly, Bobo...

BRAIN GUY: Oh, AMATEURS! Here. Let me handle this....

COP: License and registration, please!

<BRAIN GUY scrunches his face while he's overpowering the COP
with his mind. The COP winces and puts her hand to her
head>

BRAIN GUY: You don't need to see her license and registration.

COP: <blank voice> I don't need to see her license and
registration...

BRAIN GUY: This isn't the flying red VW Microbus you're looking
for.

COP: <bv> This isn't the flying red VW Microbus I'm looking for.

BRAIN GUY: We can go about our business.

COP: <bv> You can go about your business.

<The COP starts writing something on her ticket pad. Only PEARL
seems to notice...>

PEARL: What...? What are you doing?

BRIAN GUY: <oblivious to what the COP is doing> Move along.

COP: <bv> Move along.

<The COP hands Pearl a ticket and leaves. PEARL flies the bus
away>

PEARL: <reading the ticket> "Nice try. I'll see you in court
on the seventeenth?" Brain Guy, you craphead! She was on
to you! This is going to cost me $235, and I'm going to
take it out of your....

BOBO: Lawgiver, please!

PEARL: ... your cerebral cortex!

<PEARL starts choking the brain in the jar; cut to commercial,
with BRAIN GUY making gasping sounds>

<Commercials>

"Did anything about that seem strange to you?"
-Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones), _Men_in_Black_
Catherine Johnson ---------- MiSTie #75,125 ---------- TCur...@aol.com