[MISTED] Boycott This Blasphemous Movie

Joe Blevins

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98
mst.txt

|Spider Gecko|

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

Thanks! I was one of the unfortunate that also came across that post in my
usenet adventures...

--
|Spider Gecko| * REAL e-mail address below
E-mail: rot13-sp...@ubgznvy.pbz (you figure it out)
Usenet: alt.fan.frank-zappa
http://free.prohosting.com/~sgecko (now in selectavision)
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an
'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled
with babbling loonies."
-Mike Royko

Joe Blevins wrote in message <350DD8...@concentric.net>...
<SNIP>

Paul Duca

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

|Spider Gecko| wrote:
>
> Thanks! I was one of the unfortunate that also came across that post in my
> usenet adventures...

Ditto...but that's what happens to men who never get all their sexual
needs filled--they start obsessing about silly things like where they go
to church.

Paul Duca
#56954

I'm gonna send it to Mr. Way2God and see if anything develops, on his
case, blows a gasket.

A,A,M&K

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 01:59:27 +0000, Joe Blevins
<joe...@concentric.net> wrote:

>BOYCOTT THIS BLASPHEMOUS MOVIE
>A MSTing by Joe Blevins
>joe...@concentric.net
(FULL SNIP SNIP HOKOUDAN!)

Great one, Joe! I can tell that this boy has the potential to win a
Golden Hamdinger....

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, plug plug

Antaeus Feldspar

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

|Spider Gecko| <figh...@nospam.org> wrote:

> Thanks! I was one of the unfortunate that also came across that post in my
> usenet adventures...
>

> --
> |Spider Gecko| * REAL e-mail address below
> E-mail: rot13-sp...@ubgznvy.pbz (you figure it out)
> Usenet: alt.fan.frank-zappa
> http://free.prohosting.com/~sgecko (now in selectavision)
> "It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an
> 'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled
> with babbling loonies."
> -Mike Royko
>
> Joe Blevins wrote in message <350DD8...@concentric.net>...
> <SNIP>

I've gone to see the website mentioned, and I'll betcha a dozen
donuts that the producers of this *as yet not in any real stage of
production* movie are the ones spreading this boycott message.

-jc

rog...@ix.netcom.com

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

In article <1d627kv.1bg...@bos-ma5-04.ix.netcom.com>,

feld...@cryogen.com (Antaeus Feldspar) wrote:

> I've gone to see the website mentioned, and I'll betcha a dozen
> donuts that the producers of this *as yet not in any real stage of
> production* movie are the ones spreading this boycott message.

YES! I had EXACTLY the same impression! Especially considering that
the subject matter of _Eye of the Beholder_ is supposed to be how the
producer/writer of *this very movie* was previously hounded by religious
zealots for having written/produced _The Last Temptation of Christ_.
And considering that, as Joe Blevins' version of Mike and the Bots
pointed out, this supposedly scathing attack on _Eye of the Beholder_
contains the URL for the movie's advertisement website!

Mr. Blevins, that was an excellent MSTing and all, but -- I think
you've been hoaxed!

Roger M. "There's a similar hoax-smelling webpage called 'Mothers
Against Cyberdiversion', which I found on the Useless Pages,
that contains a link to Cyberdiversion's main website" Wilcox
--
rog...@ix.netcom.com (Roger M. Wilcox) -- formerly known as "Tracer"
Unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads: 47 USC 227

Michael Grote

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

Ok... I'll bite what is eye of the beholder about?

Antaeus Feldspar

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

<rog...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> In article <1d627kv.1bg...@bos-ma5-04.ix.netcom.com>,
> feld...@cryogen.com (Antaeus Feldspar) wrote:
> >
> > I've gone to see the website mentioned, and I'll betcha a dozen
> > donuts that the producers of this *as yet not in any real stage of
> > production* movie are the ones spreading this boycott message.
>
> YES! I had EXACTLY the same impression! Especially considering that
> the subject matter of _Eye of the Beholder_ is supposed to be how the
> producer/writer of *this very movie* was previously hounded by religious
> zealots for having written/produced _The Last Temptation of Christ_.

Uh... unless I severely misremember, he didn't write or produce
_TLToC_ or anything like that... he just carried it at his video store.
Which makes him the hero, right? I mean, Martin Scorcese, feh... what
did *he* do?? But the guy who carried the movie in his video store --
WOW, what courage! What heroism!

> And considering that, as Joe Blevins' version of Mike and the Bots
> pointed out, this supposedly scathing attack on _Eye of the Beholder_
> contains the URL for the movie's advertisement website!
>
> Mr. Blevins, that was an excellent MSTing and all, but -- I think
> you've been hoaxed!
>

> Roger M. "There's a similar hoax-smelling webpage called 'Mothers
> Against Cyberdiversion', which I found on the Useless Pages,
> that contains a link to Cyberdiversion's main website" Wilcox

-jc
thinks the best hoax webpages are "VaporOS"
<http://www.macconnect.com/~swein/vaporos.spml> and "Marathon 4."
<http://www.marathon.org/stomp/M4/>

Antaeus Feldspar

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

Michael Grote <mgr...@freenet.columbus.oh.us> wrote:

> Ok... I'll bite what is eye of the beholder about?

Basically, it's about this video store owner who is the only one
in his area to carry _The Last Temptation of Christ,_ presumably because
everyone else bowed to pressure imposed by the same religious group that
pressured it out of all the movie theaters when it was in theaters.
He and his wife start getting ostracized, presumably because of
this religious group's action, and a City Prosecutor shuts down his
video store on some unjustified pretext. (Remember, we're getting his
side of the story only.)
He loses the video store (I think); he and his wife divorce.
He's on the brink of suicide when something makes him laugh and ruins
the suicide attempt, so he starts a paintball business instead. In a
way that I don't quite get, the paintball business brings him an
informant named Marcia, who was an ex-prostitute before joining the
religious group. She tells him that the City Prosecutor was one of her
customers, and that knowledge was being used by the religious group to
blackmail him into actions such as closing down the video store.
The City Prosecutor gets exposed; it turns out he's done even
more rotten stuff, and the video store owner rides off into the sunset.

Maikeru Long

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

rog...@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Mr. Blevins, that was an excellent MSTing and all, but -- I think
> you've been hoaxed!

Who cares if the original post was a hoax or not... I figure a hoax is
even better fodder for MSTing...

10 out of 10 for the MSTing.. regardless of the subject matter.

:)

- M. Long