[MISTED] Three Usenet Posts About "Titanic"

Joe Blevins

May 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/9/98
TITANIC.txt

Joe Blevins

May 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/9/98

Whoops! I accidentally posted the wrong version of this document -- an
earlier draft with some old mistakes. Forgive this transgression.

The corrected version will be sent to the Mistings Archive.

--Joe--

Laurelyn Smith

May 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/9/98

Joe Blevins wrote:

Great MSTing, Joe...I loved it. But I have a bone to pick with you...

> CLARIFICATION:
>
> Before anyone writes to me about it, please know that I
> do NOT think that Kate Winslet is fat. However, this
> topic has been so widely discussed that there's no way
> I could avoid making jokes about it.

Oh, never mind. Sorry! Darn...I was kind of looking forward to producing a
vehement tirade.

Laurelyn

Noah Singman

May 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/9/98

Laurelyn Smith wrote:
>Joe Blevins wrote:
[a MSTing]

Aw shucks, Laurelyn - I wouldn't want to see you deprived of a vehement
tirade. How about this: Kate Winslet is flat? :-)

Noah
MST#59539
Taking the FTL transport the heck out of here . . . [here I go, vroom]

Laurelyn Smith

May 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/9/98

Noah Singman wrote:

>Aw shucks, Laurelyn - I wouldn't want to see you deprived of a vehement
>tirade. How about this: Kate Winslet is flat? :-)

Nope, sorry. That's not good tirade material. All I can say in response to
that is that if Kate Winslet's flat, I'm the freakin' Carlsbad Caverns. I
hate to disappoint you, but I'm just too exhausted to spew a tirade right
now. You could even say I'm tirade out.

Laurelyn
I don't know why you'd want to, but you could.

Noah Singman

May 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/9/98

Laurelyn Smith wrote:
>Noah Singman wrote:
>>Aw shucks, Laurelyn - I wouldn't want to see you deprived of a vehement
>>tirade. How about this: Kate Winslet is flat? :-)

>Nope, sorry. That's not good tirade material. All I can say in response
>that is that if Kate Winslet's flat, I'm the freakin' Carlsbad Caverns. I
>hate to disappoint you, but I'm just too exhausted to spew a tirade right
>now. You could even say I'm tirade out.

We seem, dear net.wife, to share a gift for self-deprecation. However, in
your case, it's just silly! :-) Sorry to hear that you're exhausted
(unless it's for really good reasons). And you haven't disappointed me yet.

{{{Laurelyn}}}

Noah
MST#59539
"Carlsbad Caverns" is cute, though. :-)

Bill Livingston

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

Previously on "Captain Caveman", Laurelyn Smith wrote:
>Noah Singman wrote:
>>Aw shucks, Laurelyn - I wouldn't want to see you deprived of a vehement
>>tirade. How about this: Kate Winslet is flat? :-)
>
>Nope, sorry. That's not good tirade material. All I can say in response to
>that is that if Kate Winslet's flat, I'm the freakin' Carlsbad Caverns.

!!!

>hate to disappoint you, but I'm just too exhausted to spew a tirade right
>now. You could even say I'm tirade out.

>I don't know why you'd want to, but you could.

I would hate it if someone were to rain on your tirade.

Bill L.
Goodyear, Firestone and Michelin present - TIRE-AID!

bi...@Traveller.COM http://www.hsv.tis.net/~bill
As long as you have your corpulent porpoises, life is worth living

Chris Gleason

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

Bill Livingston wrote in message <6j7ojf$i5m$3...@hammer.msfc.nasa.gov>...

>>Nope, sorry. That's not good tirade material. All I can say in response
>>that is that if Kate Winslet's flat, I'm the freakin' Carlsbad Caverns.
>
>!!!

Anybody up for some spelunking? *WHAP!* Ow. Never mind....

>>hate to disappoint you, but I'm just too exhausted to spew a tirade right
>>now. You could even say I'm tirade out.
>>I don't know why you'd want to, but you could.
>
>I would hate it if someone were to rain on your tirade.
>
>Bill L.
>Goodyear, Firestone and Michelin present - TIRE-AID!

[The Michelin Man breaks through a brick wall. He's carrying a pitcher of
thick, smoking black goo.]

MM: WHAT KIDS DON'T LOVE THE COOL TASTE OF HOT VULCANIZED RUBBER? OH
YEAH!!!

[Kids drink glasses of the goo and beam tarry smiles at the camera.]

RANDOM KID: Wow! I love Tire-A....

[Random Kid's tongue falls out of his mouth, burnt to a cinder.]

RK: OH EEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!

MM: TIRE-AID! A FULL DAY'S SUPPLY OF VITAMIN C IN EVERY GLASS!
OHHHHH YYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!

Ask for it by name!,

Chris Gleason: BKITU, Padre Fan, Resident Kenny,
Believer in All Things Good and Beautiful

MSTie #66772 cgleason(at)flash(dot)net

"You wouldn't *like* me in my Hammer pants, son."
-- Steven "thor" Thorpe

Bill Livingston

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

Previously on "Grizzly Adams", Chris Gleason wrote:
>Bill Livingston wrote

>>>Nope, sorry. That's not good tirade material. All I can say in response
>>>to that is that if Kate Winslet's flat, I'm the freakin' Carlsbad Caverns.
>>
>>!!!
>
>Anybody up for some spelunking? *WHAP!* Ow. Never mind....

Rock climbing, my friends - rock climbing.

>>>I hate to disappoint you, but I'm just too exhausted to spew a tirade right
>>>now. You could even say I'm tirade out.
>>>I don't know why you'd want to, but you could.
>>
>>I would hate it if someone were to rain on your tirade.
>>
>>Bill L.
>>Goodyear, Firestone and Michelin present - TIRE-AID!
>
>[The Michelin Man breaks through a brick wall. He's carrying a pitcher of
>thick, smoking black goo.]
>
>MM: WHAT KIDS DON'T LOVE THE COOL TASTE OF HOT VULCANIZED RUBBER? OH
>YEAH!!!
>[Kids drink glasses of the goo and beam tarry smiles at the camera.]
>RANDOM KID: Wow! I love Tire-A....
>[Random Kid's tongue falls out of his mouth, burnt to a cinder.]
>RK: OH EEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!
>MM: TIRE-AID! A FULL DAY'S SUPPLY OF VITAMIN C IN EVERY GLASS!
> OHHHHH YYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!

[Every pop star in the world, along with Dan Aykroyd, enter the studio.

We are the tires,
We are the rubber,
We are the ones who make those little treads, so let's not blubber.
There's a wheel we're coverin', we're saving our own cars.
Let's roll to a smoother ride for you and me.

>Ask for it by name!,

Bill L.
Hey! Goodrich doesn't have a blimp!

The Midnight Rambler

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

Chris Gleason wrote:

> Bill Livingston wrote in message <6j7ojf$i5m$3...@hammer.msfc.nasa.gov>...

> >>Nope, sorry. That's not good tirade material. All I can say in response
> >>that is that if Kate Winslet's flat, I'm the freakin' Carlsbad Caverns.
> >
> >!!!
>
> Anybody up for some spelunking? *WHAP!* Ow. Never mind....

> >>hate to disappoint you, but I'm just too exhausted to spew a tirade right
> >>now. You could even say I'm tirade out.
> >>I don't know why you'd want to, but you could.
> >
> >I would hate it if someone were to rain on your tirade.
> >
> >Bill L.
> >Goodyear, Firestone and Michelin present - TIRE-AID!
>
> [The Michelin Man breaks through a brick wall. He's carrying a pitcher of
> thick, smoking black goo.]
>
> MM: WHAT KIDS DON'T LOVE THE COOL TASTE OF HOT VULCANIZED RUBBER? OH
> YEAH!!!
>
> [Kids drink glasses of the goo and beam tarry smiles at the camera.]
>
> RANDOM KID: Wow! I love Tire-A....
>
> [Random Kid's tongue falls out of his mouth, burnt to a cinder.]
>
> RK: OH EEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!
>
> MM: TIRE-AID! A FULL DAY'S SUPPLY OF VITAMIN C IN EVERY GLASS!
> OHHHHH YYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!

> Ask for it by name!,

Chris, I am very, very concerned about your well-being.

*laughing like loon*

--
Another chapter in the rags-to-riches story of
Big Rob Fontenot, who's like, The Midnight Rambler and stuff

Big Rob's Center Of Attention: http://home.earthlink.net/~rfontenot
THE ALL NEW ExotiCon '98: http://www.dervishdatasystems.com/whip
Beatles at the Mining Company: http://beatles.miningco.com

Jeffrey Johnson

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Bill Livingston wrote:

> Hey! Goodrich doesn't have a blimp!

Bill, has jess been stealing your fries again?

JSJ1TG, now, jess, do you really think that's appropria-- Where? WHERE?!?

Bryan Lambert on 'The Glass Jungle':
"This movie was so bad, the video company DIDN'T EVEN REMOVE THE
WRITE-PROTECT TAB from the tape, just daring you to tape over it."

Jess Nevins

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> On Tue, 12 May 1998, Bill Livingston wrote:
>
> > Hey! Goodrich doesn't have a blimp!
>
> Bill, has jess been stealing your fries again?

Eggs, bacon, sausage and spam.

> JSJ1TG, now, jess, do you really think that's appropria-- Where? WHERE?!?

Well, you asked about the tattoo. There it is.

jess - you'll notice how quickly I cleared the cafe of people

Jeffrey Johnson

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

<hushed voice>

I'm still here.

JSJ1TG, first man I ever met with a tattoo of the Goodrich Blimp...

Jess Nevins

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, 13 May 1998, Jess Nevins wrote:

> > > JSJ1TG, now, jess, do you really think that's appropria-- Where? WHERE?!?
> >
> > Well, you asked about the tattoo. There it is.
> >
> > jess - you'll notice how quickly I cleared the cafe of people
>
> <hushed voice>
>
> I'm still here.
>
> JSJ1TG, first man I ever met with a tattoo of the Goodrich Blimp...

Yeah, but you'd seen it before.

Or don't you remember that hot, sticky night in lockdown?

jess

Jeffrey Johnson

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

<gasp!>

With RATMM as my witness, I thought you were Bill. When I said, "Look,
the Goodrich Blimp!" I was just trying to steal his soap...It was dark,
there was a manly odor in the air...things happened...

jess, let's take this to e-mail...

JSJ1TG, Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought you letters were real...

OR

JSJ1TG, <gershwin> o/~ jess, you is my woman now o/~ </gershwin>

Chris Gleason

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

The Midnight Rambler wrote in message <3558CEC2...@earthlink.net>...

>Chris Gleason wrote:

[TIRE-AID]

>> Ask for it by name!,
>
>Chris, I am very, very concerned about your well-being.

What about my well-deadly-being?

>*laughing like loon*

Glad you liked. d:-)

"Deadly Beez McKeever" -- LOL!,

Jess Nevins

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, 13 May 1998, Jess Nevins wrote:
> > Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> > > <hushed voice>
> > > I'm still here.
> > >
> > > JSJ1TG, first man I ever met with a tattoo of the Goodrich Blimp...
> >
> > Yeah, but you'd seen it before.
> >
> > Or don't you remember that hot, sticky night in lockdown?
>
> <gasp!>
>
> With RATMM as my witness, I thought you were Bill. When I said, "Look,
> the Goodrich Blimp!" I was just trying to steal his soap...It was dark,
> there was a manly odor in the air...things happened...

Suuuuuure you were, JSJ1TG, sure you were.

> jess, let's take this to e-mail...

Nah, I'd rather have our shame revealed for all the world to see
and remember.

> JSJ1TG, Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought you letters were real...
>
> OR
>
> JSJ1TG, <gershwin> o/~ jess, you is my woman now o/~ </gershwin>

Oh, I've a ring around my finger that says I'm more than just a wife...

ms. jess johnson