RIP Bill Livingston

Bookworm

Mar 19, 2010, 4:49:38 PM3/19/10
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx?n=william-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433

Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.

--------
Bookworm

Jonah Falcon

Mar 19, 2010, 6:03:00 PM3/19/10

"Bookworm" <bookwo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The fuck?!

Jonah Falcon

Mar 19, 2010, 6:06:40 PM3/19/10

Chris "Sampo" Cornell

Mar 19, 2010, 6:55:24 PM3/19/10
In article
<e0dd9678-d07e-4dfe...@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
Bookworm <bookwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx?n=william-f-living

> ston-bill&pid=140760433
>
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

RIP, Bill. Guess Heaven needed a little more funny.

Sampo (this royally sucks)

Joseph Nebus

Mar 19, 2010, 10:13:47 PM3/19/10
Bookworm <bookwo...@gmail.com> writes:

>http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx?n=william-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433

>Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.

Oh, no. No, that's just not right.

--
Joseph Nebus

Reaper G

Mar 19, 2010, 10:52:53 PM3/19/10
On Mar 19, 1:49�pm, Bookworm <bookworm1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx?n=william...

> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. �I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

As another RATMM legend would say, fuck.

I regret never having the chance to meet him. He was a funny, friendly
guy, and he'll be missed.

Jay

--
Reaper G
Pest, Foodie, MSTie, G-fan, Wrestlemaniac, and geek-at-large

Freezer

Mar 20, 2010, 12:36:37 AM3/20/10
If I don't reply to this Bookworm post, the terrorists win.

> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx?n=w
> illiam-f-livingston-bill&pid=140760433

> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

Bill was one of the guys that got me into MSTing and one of the
guys I took style pointers from. He will be missed.

--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer

Rob

Mar 20, 2010, 4:00:56 AM3/20/10
> Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this.  I'm stunned.
>
> --------
> Bookworm

God fucking dammit.

Robert Fontenot

Judith

Mar 20, 2010, 9:01:39 AM3/20/10
In article <nebusj.1...@vcmr-86.server.rpi.edu>,
nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

> Bookworm <bookwo...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx?n=william-f-livin

> >gston-bill&pid=140760433
>
> >Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> Oh, no. No, that's just not right.

No it just isn't. I treasured his posts in RATMM since I first started
reading it in 1994. He was incredibly funny and obviously a very nice
guy whom some of you were lucky enough to meet in person. What a
tragedy.

We can keep his memory alive by reading what he wrote. Joe has a bunch
of his MSTings on his website (Joe, please supply your URL). Maybe some
of you can compile a list of other sites where Bill posted his work.
Read him, won't you? You'll have a great time.

Judith

Doug Elrod

Mar 20, 2010, 4:34:45 PM3/20/10
to dr...@cornell.edu
On Mar 19, 6:55 pm, "Chris \"Sampo\" Cornell" <msa...@aol.com> wrote:
> RIP, Bill. Guess Heaven needed a little more funny.

Indeed! I imagine that if St. Peter attempts a "Bill Livingston, I
presume....", Bill will reply with a rejoinder of so high a funny-
level that mere mortals are not worthy of it. And, ala Mark Twain's
"Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven", he will employ it, to good
success, when he goes on tour!

-Doug Elrod (dr...@cornell.edu)
If ever a "Free Form Jazz Fusion" of a humor cascade breaks out
again, the notes that will be missing in the "trading 4's" will be
Bill (sigh)

mblackwl

Mar 20, 2010, 7:57:09 PM3/20/10
Hey all. I didn't hear the news until today and I'm just floored by
the news. I'll miss you, Bill. Your posts were always a highlight of
my reading day.

Matt Blackwell

Jonah Falcon

Mar 21, 2010, 3:08:51 AM3/21/10
So, was Bill "Celebrity #3"?

"Doug Elrod" <dr...@cornell.edu> wrote in message

George Johnson

Mar 21, 2010, 3:25:01 AM3/21/10
"Bookworm" <bookwo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

That's a shame. Another nice fellow gone.

Zoogz

Mar 22, 2010, 9:05:42 AM3/22/10
On Mar 19, 6:03 pm, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> "Bookworm" <bookworm1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/decaturdaily/obituary.aspx?n=william...

> > Jungle Goddess just tweeted about this. I'm stunned.
>
> The fuck?!

Adding my best wishes to his family as well. Bill's host segments
were among the best. It's been a while since I've read some of Bill's
greatest hits... now may seem to be a good time to revisit the laughs
and anguish.

Joseph Nebus

Mar 22, 2010, 9:07:51 AM3/22/10
Judith <JU...@withouta.net> writes:

>We can keep his memory alive by reading what he wrote. Joe has a bunch
>of his MSTings on his website (Joe, please supply your URL). Maybe some
>of you can compile a list of other sites where Bill posted his work.
>Read him, won't you? You'll have a great time.

Oh, yes, absolutely. I don't have nearly all of Bill's MiSTings;
besides the site redesign I'd hoped he'd upload more of his own since I
figured he'd have better archives than I had. But what I have got is on
hand at:

http://www.nebusresearch.com/mst3k/search.php?wanted=mister&for=Bill&by=title&order=ASC

The ratings scores aren't fair to the work; for most of them I
couldn't recover Web Site Number Nine's old ratings, so they're blanked
out to a neutral 5.0, which his writing certainly doesn't deserve.

--
Joseph Nebus

Bookworm

Mar 22, 2010, 10:49:43 AM3/22/10
On Mar 22, 8:07 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

> Judith <J...@withouta.net> writes:
> >We can keep his memory alive by reading what he wrote.  Joe has a bunch
> >of his MSTings on his website (Joe, please supply your URL).  Maybe some
> >of you can compile a list of other sites where Bill posted his work.
> >Read him, won't you?  You'll have a great time.
>
>         Oh, yes, absolutely.  I don't have nearly all of Bill's MiSTings;
> besides the site redesign I'd hoped he'd upload more of his own since I
> figured he'd have better archives than I had.  But what I have got is on
> hand at:
>
> http://www.nebusresearch.com/mst3k/search.php?wanted=mister&for=Bill&...

>         The ratings scores aren't fair to the work; for most of them I
> couldn't recover Web Site Number Nine's old ratings, so they're blanked
> out to a neutral 5.0, which his writing certainly doesn't deserve.
>
> --
>                                                                 Joseph Nebus
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---

There's also the MSTing Mine website, that has links to those that
were posted to Google Groups.

http://www.keithpalmer.ca/msting-mine/authors/a.html

Scrolls down to find Bill's.

---------
Bookworm

Bice

Mar 24, 2010, 10:15:37 PM3/24/10
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:49:38 -0700 (PDT), Bookworm
<bookwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

A belated dammit.

I'm mostly in lurker mode now, but I've always enjoyed Bill's posts.
Reading his obit, I realized that apart from the church stuff, he and
I are nearly the same person.

I'll miss your posts Bill. 45 was way too young.

-- Bob