*NEW* TEXT version of TNG Novel list! **LONG FILE**

1 view

Dave Pipgras

Jul 27, 1991, 5:41:03 PM7/27/91
here is a TEXT only version of the recently updated TNG novel list. This
list follows the same guides as the TOS list, but only contains information
on TNG novels. It is complete from "Encounter at FarPoint" to "Boogeymen"
which is the current novel.

This is long, but the compression does not seem to work too well, so it is
back to the manual for more information....

------CUT HERE------

"Encounter At Farpoint"

Number: 00A (non-numbered)
Author: David Gerrold
First Printing: October 1987
ISBN: 0-671-65241-9
Pages: 192

Back Cover Text:

SPACE...THE FINAL FRONTIER.
THESE ARE THE ALL-NEW VOYAGES
OF THE U.S.S. ENTERPRISE!

Gene Roddenberry, the man who created the origional STAR TREK television
series, now brings the magic of STAR TREK to a brand-new, even more
exciting future--a future with a dazzling new starship and a whole new
cast of STAR TREK characters!

ENCOUNTER AT FARPOINT

CAPTAIN'S LOG, STARDATE 41254.7: The U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-D is en
route to Cygnus IV--the edge of the known galaxy. There, we will
rendezvous with the ship's new first officer and other command
personnel, and proceed with our mission: discover the truth about
Farpoint Station, a starbase facility built by the inhabitants of Cyngus
IV, s starbase of unparalleled size and complexity...
And infinite mystery.

And the success or failure of this, our first mission together, may well
determine the course of human exploration across the galaxy for
centuries to come...

"Ghost Ship"

Number: 001
Author: Diane Carey
First Printing: July 1988
ISBN: 0-671-66579-0
Pages: 258

Back Cover Text:

FIRST IN A BRAND NEW SERIES OF ORIGIONAL
NOVELS, BASED ON THE HIT TELEVISION SHOW

1995: A mysterious creature destroys a Russian aircraft carrier--and
just as mysteriously, dissappears...

And three hundred years later, Counselor Deanna Troi awakens in her
quarters from a nightmare, a nightmare where she senses (and
understands) the voices of the crew lost aboard that ship, a crew whose
life essences were somehow absorbed within the creature that dsetroyed
their ship long ago.

Now, Picard must find a way to communicate with the creature--or he and
his crew will be similarly absorbed by the "ghost ship"!

Front Inside Cover Text:

IT LOOKED LIKE THE FACE OF HELL ITSELF...

Troi came to life behind Riker and the Captain, as the horrifying
pyrotechnics on the screen glared on her skin and in her eyes.

"Stay away from it! Don't let it get near us!"

Picard was beside her as though he appeared from nowhere. "Counselor?"

Her slim hands clamped on his arms like talons, "Captain! Do not let
that thing come near us!"

"I can't just--"

"Do not let it!" she repeated. "Captain, what am I doing on this ship if
you do not take my counsel? If I'm wrong, I'll resign my position! If I
never do anything worthwhile in my life again, I'll have done this!
Captain, Please!"

The Captain held her arms--when had he taken hold of them?-- and bored
through her with his eyes. At once he sucked in a breath. His voice,
when he spoke, gripped the bridge.

"Raise shields! Go to red alert status!"

"The Peacekeepers"

Number: 002
Author: Gene Deweese
First Printing: September 1988
ISBN: 0-671-66929-X
Pages: 310

Back Cover Text:

Exploring a deserted alien spaceship, Lt. Commander Data and Lt. Geordi
LaForge suddenly find themselves transported light-years away--into the
middle of a deadly conflict!

While Captain Picard and the crew of the Enterprise search feverishly
for the missing crewmen, Data and LaForge discover they are in a station
almost identical to the one they were exploring, high in orbit an Earth
-type world. Years before, the occupants of that planet accidentally
stumbled onto the ship and its advanced technology--and since then, have
used its wespons to keep the nations on the planet below disarmed, and
at peace.

Now their own arrival has precipitated a crisis on the station.

Somehow, Data and LaForge ,ust find a way to restore trust between the
planet below and the station's gaurdians up above--before a final,
destructive war breaks out!

Front Inside Cover Text:

"Are you the builders?"

The leader of the three gestured sharply, then pulled himself up
straighter and looked directly into the shimmering silver of Geordi's
visor.

"Come," he said stiffly, perhaps fearfully. "We would be deeply honored
if you would allow us to conduct you into the presence of our leader.
His lifelong desire has been to be granted the oppertunity, before his
death, to meet the ones whop made it possible for him to keep our world
from destruction."

"And we would be most pleased to meet with the one who has accomplished such a feat," Geordi improvised. "Wouldn't we Data?" he added in a quick whisper only the android's sensitive hearing could detect.

A look of understandin flickered into Data's golden eyes.

"Yes," he said, "we are greatly interested in speaking to your esteemed leader." And then, as he stepped close behind Geordi, he produced a
closed-lip whisper that would have done a ventriloquist proud: "My
experience in matters that require deception are quite limited, Geordi,
but I will 'follow your lead'."

"The Childern Of Hamlin"

Number: 003
Author: Carmen Carter
First Printing: November 1988
ISBN: 0-671-67319-X
Pages: 252

Back Cover Text:

The Hamlin Massacare--every Starfleet officer knows the tale. The tiny
Federation outpost of Hamlin was destroyed, its entire adult population
ruthlessly slaughtered, before the first defense shields could be
raised. Even worse, the colony's children disappeared without a trace,
abducted by the aliens who attacked with a ferocity and speed that
outmatched their Starfleet pursuers.

Now, fifty years later, the Choraii ships have appeared again. But this
time the Federation is ready; this time the Choraii must pay for what
they need. The precious metals can only be bought with the Hamlin
childern still living with their captors.

This time, the Choraii must face Captain Jean-Luc Picard--and the crew
of the starship Enterprise...

Front Inside Cover Text:

The Enterprise dropped out of warp speed in a dazzling display of light
and coasted toward the battle site...

"Raise shields," ordered Picard

"Rendezvous in three point four minutes," announced Data.

"Impulse Power." Picard still sat unmoving in his chair.

LaForge held his hands poised over the helm panel. "Switching to impulse
power."

Ever so gently, the pilot's fingers touched down onto the board. On the
viewer, the pinpoint sparkle of distant stars sprang into relief against
a featureless black backdrop. In the center of this static image a blur
of movement cast shadows over the fixed lights. Two vessels tumbled
through space, locked in a deadly dance of combat. A glowing blue fog
enveloped them both.

Picard leaned forward. "Go to red alert."

The waiting was over.

"Survivors"

Number: 004
Author: Jean Lorrah
First Printing: January 1989
ISBN: 0-671-67438-2
Pages: 253

Back Cover Text:

Treva--a human colony on the fringes of known space. Isolated from the
rest of the galaxy, at last report they were on the verge of becomming a
true intersteller communityQa full fledged member of the Federation. But
now the Enterprise has received a distress signal. Treva is in the
throes of a violent revolution led by a merciless warlord who has
committed countless atrocities in the name of freedom.

Data and Lt. Tasha Yar are dispatched to investigate. But once they
reach Treva, they discover the truthQand any possible solutionQmay be
far more complex than a simple rebellion. For Treva's president wants
more than Starfleet's good words in her fight against the rebels.

She wants their weapons. And before the battle is over, she means to get
them. Over Data and Yar's dead bodies, if necessary.

Front Inside Cover Text:

"DATA! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"Yes, I am alright," he replied. "Merely chagrined. I came here to
rescue you."

"Yes, well there is some question as to whether or not I require
rescue," Tasha told him. She did not appear to be held prisoner. She was
wearing a long, loose dress of a softer gold color than her uniform.

She turned to the man standing behind her near the fire, leaning on the
mantelpiece. "Data may I present Adrian Dareau, better known as--"

"--better known as former Starfleet Commander Darryl Adin," Data
supplied, "the most wanted criminal in the Federation."

Ignoring the four weapons still covering him, Data stepped forward.

"As an authorized representative of Starfleet, I arrest you, sir, on
twenty-one counts of murder, two counts of conspiracy, and three counts
of treason against the United Federation of Planets."

Tasha gasped.

Darrly Adin simply starred at him, dumbfounded, a moment.

Then he threw back his head, and laughed out loud.

"Strike Zone"

Number: 005
Author: Peter David
First Printing: March 1989
ISBN: 0-671-67940-6
Pages: 275

Back Cover Text:

Deep in the uncharted regions of our galaxy, a primitive, warlike
race--the Kreel--have stumbled upon weapons powerful beyond their
wildest imaginings. The Kreel have used those weapons to attack their
most bitter enemiesQthe Klingons.

Now Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise have
been called in to mediate the dispute. The Enterprise will ferry
diplomatic teams from the two warring races to the surface of the
conflictQthe mysterious planet where the weapons were discoveredQin an
attempt to find a peaceful solution to the conflict, and discover the
origions of the super-powerful weapons.

Before the galaxy erupts into a full-scale war...

Front Inside Cover Text:

"WE WILL NOT SURRENDER, ZONOBOR..."

...Captain Picard said in his best no-nonsense voice. "That is our final
word."

"Shields in place," Worf notified him.

Picard nodded, and spoke again to the Kreel ship. "If there is some
emergency that you require assistance with--"

He was not permitted to finish the sentence.

The Zonobor cut loose.

Standard Kreel weaponary posed no threat to the Enterprise

But this was not standard Kreel weaponary.

Worf's voice called out, "Captain! This is impossible! Energy readings
are off the scales! It--"

The blast from the Kreel ship cut through the forward shields as if they
simply were not there.

"Power Hungry"

Number: 006
Author: Howard Weinstein
First Printing: May 1989
ISBN: 0-671-67714-4
Pages: 276

Back Cover Text:

Sent to deliver emergency famine relief to the planet ThiopaQthe
Federation's only allies in a critically important sector of spaceQthe
crew finds a brutal dictatorshipQone more concerned with preserving its
own powers that protecting its citizens, or the world they all share.
Captain Picard is hesitant about turning over the supplies to the
corrupt goverment: he fears they may never reach their intended
destination. But can he convince the ruling council to change their
ways, before it is too lateQfor the goverment and Thiopa itself?

Front Inside Cover Text:

"RAISE SHIELDS--WEAPONS ON STANDBY..."

"No response from the Nuarans, sir," Worf said.

"They are still closing, Captain," Data said, scanning his console.

Once more, Picard thought. "Enterprise to Nuaran vessels. I repeat, we
are on a peaceful mission, and we request communication with you."

Again, there was no response, and Picard drew in a breath of
frustration.

"Lieutenant Worf, go to yellow alert--arm phasors and lock on targets."
Picard leaned forward in his chair. "Range Mr. Data?"

"Thirty thousand kilometers...twenty..."

On the viewscreen, the five Nuaran spacecraft had grown from flitting
pinpoints to sleek harbingers of death.

"Optimum range, sir" Worf said.

"I am aware of that, Lieutenant," Picard said evenly. "Hold your fire."

The Nuaran ships continued to close, rushing like mad birds of prey,
till they were almost directly on top of the Enterprise...

"Masks"

Number: 007
Author: John Vornholt
First Printing: July 1989
ISBN: 0-671-67890-5
Pages: 277

Back Cover Text:

The Enterprise journeys to Lorca, a beautiful world with a feudal
culture where the inhabitants wear mmasks to show their rank and
station. There, Captain Picard and an away team don masks of their own
to begin a quest for the planet's ruler and the great Wisdom Mask that
the leader traditionally wears. Their mission: to establish diplomatic
relations.

But shortly after transporting, Picard and his party lose contact with
the ship, and Commander Riker leads a search party down to the planet to
find them.

Both men, however, are unaware that their searchesQindeed, the ship's
entire missionQare part of a madman's plan. A madman who is setting the
stage for a trap that will ensnare both Enterprise landing parties, and
leave him poised to seize control of the awesome Wisdom Mask...

And the planet Lorca itself.

Front Inside Cover Text:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'VE LOST CONTACT?" RIKER ASKED

"Percisely that, Commander," answered Data. "We have lost contact with
the Captain and the away team."

"What about sensors?" Riker snapped.

"Useless" replied the android. The area where they beamed down is
undergoing intense volcanic activity. The volcanic ask is highly
magnetic and is disrupting our sensors. Even if the away team survived
and stayed in the beam-down position, it's doubtful we could beam them
back up until the volcanic activity subsides."

Riker was seething. "Damn," he cursed to himself. "I don't like the
sound of this."

"The Captain's Honor"

Number: 008
Author: David and Daniel Dvorkin
First Printing: September 1989
ISBN: 0-671-68487-6
Pages: 255

Back Cover Text:

A series of vicious attacks by the enigmatic M'Dok Empire has devastated
the planet TenaraQbringing the Enterprise and another Federation
starship, the Centurion, to the planet's aid. The Centurion's captain is
Lucius SejanusQa powerful magnetic man who favors taking a far stronger
stance against the M'Dok than Captain Picard. And as the conflict
escalates, Sejanus's instincts seem to be correct...for it appears only
extreme measures can stop the murderous raids on Tenara.

Now the people of Tenara must decide which path they will followQthe way
of peace, or the road to war. But unknown to any, one of the
Centurion's officers has made that decision for themQand plans to
provide a full-scale ware between the Federation and the M'Dok Empire!

Front Inside Cover Text:

THE M'DOK SHIP, SHIELDS RAISED, MOVED FORWARD...

"It appears we struck them after all," the sensor officer said. "My
readings indicate loss of warp capability, power output in their
engineering section down by fifty percent."

Ahead of them, the main screen showed the Centurion, a silver dot moving
slowly, erratically, around the planet below.

"Close on them," the Captain said harshly. He turned his back on the
weapons officer and took his seat on the command cushion. "Once we are
within range, you have my leave to destroy them."

"Then Tenara will be ours for the taking."

"A Call To Darkness"

Number: 009
Author: Michael Jan Friedman
First Printing: November 1989
ISBN: 0-671-68708-5
Pages: 274

Back Cover Text:

The Enterprise discovers a lifeless Federation research vessel orbiting
a planet hidden behind a mysterious energy shield. Over the strong
objections of his senior officers, Captain Picard and an away team beam
over in search of the missing crewQ

And Vanish.

But soon his captain's dissapearance is not the only problem facing
Commander Riker. For a mysterious disease has begun, ravaging the
Enterprise crew. Now Riker must unravel the secrets of the planet below
in order to rescue PicardQand prevent the starship's destruction...

Front Inside Cover Text:

"THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG, DOCTOR..."

Pulaski turned to see Badnajian's bulk fill the doorway.

"No one is awnsering my security checks," he finished.

"I know", she told him. "I had some trouble too. But I've managed to
contact the ship. Now..."

She was completely unprepared for what happened next. First, a web on
slender green filaments came out of nowhere. Then it closed down around
Badnajian. Finally, man and web just vanished.

All in the space of a heartbeat, maybe less.

Pulaski felt light-headed. She clutched at a bulkhead for support.

"Doctor Pulaski?" It was Riker's voice, coming over the communicator,
strident with alarm. "Doctor, what's going on over there?"

"A Rock And A Hard Place"

Number: 010
Author: Peter David
First Printing: January 1990
ISBN: 0-671-69364-6
Pages: 244

Back Cover Text:

Under the best circumstances, terraforming is a tough, dangerous task
that pits the hardiest of pioneers against an unforgiving enviroment.
When the terraformers on the planet Paradise fall behind schedule,
Commander Riker is given temporary leave from the Enterprise and send to
assist.

Riker's replacement on the Enterprise is a volatile officer named stone
whose behavior soon raises questions about his ability and his
judgement. Meanwhile, Commander Riker has become enmeshed in a life and
death struggle with Paradise's brutal landscape. However, he soon learns
that not all of the planet's dangers are natural in origionQas he comes
face to face with Paradise's greatest danger and most hideous secret.

Front Inside Cover Text:

THE WILD THING CHARGED...

Riker lunged, grabbed the ice axe and swung it as hard as he could. The
axe slammed into Wild Thing's left eye, and it screamed, a scream that
was almost human, and then fell back. Riker scrambled to his feet,
swinging the axe back and forth, trying to keep the creature at bay.

Blinded in one eye, it still kept at him, swaying groggily from side to
side as Riker steadily backed up. The creature suddenly lunged toward
him. It came in too fast for Riker and its head slammed into his
stomach. The impact sent Riker staggering back, and then his brain
screamed, The Edge! The Edge!

It was too late and Riker fell backward off the cliff.

"Metamorphosis"

Number: 00B
Author: Jean Lorrah
First Printing: March 1990
ISBN: 0-671-68402-7
Pages: 371

Back Cover Text:

Unexplained gravitational disturbances summon the Enterprise to the
planet Elysia, and the android Lieutenant Commander Data to a date with
destiny. Fir on this alien world, he will be drawn into an impossible
quest, leading him to consequences both heartwarming and disastrous, and
he finally dares to pursue his fondest desire: to become human.

Front Inside Cover Text:

"INTRUDER ALERT! SECURITY TO TRANSPORTER ROOM THREE!"

Data was too stunned to get a word out before two gaurds appeared,
phasers trained on him. With the gaurds flanking him, O'brien stalked
forward. "Who are you?" he demanded. "What have you done with Commander
Data?"

"I am Commander Data," Data said evenly.

Captain Picard stared, then flared, "Where is Data?"

"Captain, I am Data," he tried again. "I can explain. It was the
Elysians. They put me through their tests, and because I aided one of
their people, they granted me my fondest wish--they have made me human."

"Good God," whispered Riker. "Is it true?"

"Gulliver's Futitives"

Number: 011
Author: Keith Sharee
First Printing: March 1990
ISBN: 0-671-70130-4
Pages: 282

Back Cover Text:

While searching for the USS Huxley, a starship missing for over ten
years, the Enterprise stumbles across a forgotten colony of humans on a
planet called RampartQa world where fiction, speculation, and works of
the imagination are considered the ultimate crime.

A survey team from the planet beams on board the Enterprise to search
for "contraband" materialsQand suddenly the crew find themselves plunged
into the middle of a murderous civil war between a determined band of
rebels adn the planet's ruthless mind police. A civil war whose outcome
will determine not only the future of Rampart, the the life of Captain
Jean-Luc Picard as well.

Front Inside Cover Text:

RIKER FIRED...

And the alien one-eye dodged in front of him. He missed. The one-eye
swung outward, and was obliterated by a phaser shot from the shadows
below.

Then Riker heard a hum so close behind his head that he could feel it on
his scalp. He turned around slowly and looked directly into the lens of
another one-eye. Dropping his phaser, he put up his hands and looked
down at Ferris, six stories below.

Ferris raised his weapon, contempt on his face.

In an instant, Riker understood that Ferris was going to kill him, even
through he had given himself up...

"Doomsday World"

Number: 012
Author: Carmen Carter, Peter David, Michael Jan Friedman, and
Robert Greenberger
First Printing: July 1990
ISBN: 0-671-70237-8
Pages: 276

Back Cover Text:

The planet KirlosQan artificial world built by a mysterious long-dead
race called the Ariantu. Kirlos is now home to many races from both the
Federation and the K'vin Hegemony, who have enjoyed years of peaceful co
existence and profitable trade. The planet also holds a wealth of
undiscovered archaeological treasures, which the Enterprise and its crew
are dispatched to help uncover.

Sent to the surface to assist an archaeological team, Geordi, Data, and
Worf soon find themselves cut off from the EnterpriseQand prime suspects
in a series of terrorist attacks. The three Enterprise crewmen are
imprisoned, relations between the K'vin and the Federation begin to
crumble, and Kirlos' ancient underground machinery awakens from a
centuries long dormancy, primed to release the most powerful destructive
force ever known

Front Inside Cover Text:

THE PHOTON PULSE FILLED THE VIEWSCREEN...

"Conn," Picard snapped, "all power to...."

But he never finished the command. Because the energy bolt never made
contact. Incredibly, the torpedo missed the Enterprise and curved away,
still gathering speed before it finally faded into nothing.

"What the hell?" Picard stared at the image.

"Sir, there's a wormhole out there," the lieutenant answered.

"Merde," Picard exclaimed, suddenly wishing for the simple threat of a
photon torpedo. A wormhole was far more treacherous and more deadly...

"The Eyes Of The Beholders"

Number: 013
Author: A.C. Crispin
First Printing: September 1990
ISBN: 0-671-70010-3
Pages: 243

Back Cover Text:

After several Federation and Klingon ships disappear while traveling a
newly opened trade route, the Enterprise is sent to investigate. Their
quest leads Captain Picard and his crew to an eerie space graveyard full
of ships of every size and descriptionQall of them, dead in space.

At the center of the graveyard lies a huge, incredibly powerful
Artifact, constructed by an acient alien race. And as the crew struggles
to solve the mystery of the Artifact, they unwittingly trigger its
awesome power, a power that threatens insanity and death to all aboard
the Starship Enterprise!

Front Inside Cover Text:

"WE'RE BREAKING FREE..."

Geordi said, breaking off as the Enterprise abruptly shuddered beneath
them, nearly as violently as it had when they had first encountered the
energy field.

"Captain!" Geordi said tersely, "the field is strengthening. The more
power we put into resisting, the stronger the field becomes. If we keep
this up, we'll blow the warp engines."

"Cut power," Picard ordered. He eyed the floating hulks of dozens of
derelict spacecraft of all shapes and sizes. They might me thousands of
years old, Picard thought, or millions.

"They're trapped," Geordi whispered. "And we're going to be too..."

"Exiles"

Number: 014
Author: Howard Weinstein
First Printing: November 1990
ISBN: 0-671-70560-1
Pages: 271

Back Cover Text:

For three centuries the people of Alaj and the people of Etolos have
been bitter enemies. However, when crippling disasters strike both
worlds, each planet becomes the other's only hope for survival.

With time running out, Captain Picard and his crew are called to
negotiate a peaceful settlement and begin rescue efforts. But some
factions would rather see both planets perish and will stop at nothing
to prevent peace.

Soon the Enterprise crew is caught up in a web of intrigue and terrorism
that culminates with with an act of ultimate revenge against both
peoplesQrevenge that will mean the destruction of two worlds and the
Enterprise!

Front Inside Cover Text:

"CAN'T WE GET AWAY?" RIKER ASKED.

When Data answered, he sounded almost apologetic. "I do not think so,
sir."

"Damn," Riker hunched forward and gunned the shuttle to full power. For
a moment, the ship surged forward--and immediately faltered.

Imperceptibly at first, then with greater certainty, the ship was being
tugged toward the misty bulk of the energy disturbance looming ahead.

"What is it?" Riker muttered.

"Sensors are operating only intermittently, but we may soon find out,"
said Data, referring briefly to his computer screen. "We are being
pulled toward its center."

"Fortunes Light"

Number: 015
Author: Michael Jan Friedman
First Printing: January 1991
ISBN: 0-671-70836-8
Pages: 278

Back Cover Text:

Dante Maxima SevenQa world known to it's inhabitants as Imprima. A world
where MadragiQhuge social/economic entities wealthy beyond
compareQcontrol the fate of millions...

Years ago, William Riker was part of the Starfleet delegation that
opened Imprima to the Federation. Now the disappearance of an old
friendPTeller Conlon, who also served on that teamPdraws Riker and the
Enterprise across the galaxy, back to Imprima.

Because the Jewel known as Fortune's LightPone of Madraga Criathis's
most priceless possessionsPhas been stolen. And Teller Conlon stands
accused of its theft. Now Riker must discover the truth behind the
disapperance of both his friend and Fortune's Light, no easy task on a
world where treachery and intrigue are commonplace...and where even an
old friend's embrace may conceal the deadly bite of a dagger's blade.

Front Inside Cover Text:

THE ISAK WAS SPITTING MAD, ITS BLOODLUST FANNED TO A FRENZY...

Riker heard someone shriek--just before he fell. As he slid down the
wall of the pit, he ducked and rolled.

A bolt of black lightning struck the dirt where he'd been, but by then
he was on the other side of the pit, trying to get his balance. The
isak didn't waste any time. It whirled and pounced, a slavering, roiling
mass of coalblack fury--and this time, Riker couldn't scramble fast
enough.

The thing was heavier than it looked--the impact knocked the breath out
of him. He fell back against the pit wall, wrestling with the isak,
trying to keep its nightmare of a muzzle away from the soft flesh of his
throat...

"Contamination"

Number: 016
Author: John Vornholt
First Printing: March 1991
ISBN: 0-671-70561-X
Pages: 273

Back Cover Text:

The Enterprise crew is stunned when famed scientist Lynn Costa is
murdered in one of the ship's sceience labs. She and her husband Emil
were known as science's greatest ongoing collaboration and, together,
they received the Federation;s highest honors for their achievements in
scientific research.

Determined to see the culprit brought to justice, Captain Picard assigns
Lt. Worf and Counsellor Deanna Troi to the case. Their routine
investigation of the ships science labs soon reveals a dangerous web of
deceit, betrayal, and madness. Now, Worf and Troi find themselves
struggling against a ruthless assassin set on revenge--for whom murder
is only the beginning...

Front Inside Cover Text:

"OPEN THE POD..."

...the larger of the two men ordered.

His subordinate hesitated for a second, then initiated the sequence that
opened the double sealed hatch.

"No!" Wesley screamed helplessly. Strong hands pinned his arms to his
sides and stuffed him inside the airtight container. In the cramped
confines, the boy's head struck a solid mass of tubing, dazing him,
while his assailants sealed the pod.

When Wesley cam to his senses, both men were gone. The ensign screamed
and pounded on the smooth convex walls, but not even a whimper could be
heard outside the class-zero unit. With horror, he realized that they
could have killed him easily by programming the pod for a vacum. But
they had let him live...

At least until the air ran out.

"Vendetta"

Number: 00C
Author: Peter David
First Printing: May 1991
ISBN: 0-671-74145-4
Pages: 273

Back Cover Text:

The Borg--half organic being and half machine, they are the most feared
race in the known galaxy. In their relentless quest for technological
perfection, they have destroyed entire star systems, enslaved countless
peoples, and, in a single brutal attack, decimated Starfleet's mightiest
vessels. Only a final desperate gambit by Captain Picard and the
Enterprise crew stopped the Borg from conquering the entire Federation.
And now they have returned...

VENDETTA

Answering a distress call from a planet under attack by the Borg, the
Enterprise meets Delcara, the lone survivor of an alien race the Borg
obliterated. Blinded by hatered, Delcara seeks the ultimate revenge--the
complete destruction of her race's executioners. But the Enterprise crew
learns that Delcara's vengeance carries a terrible price, for once
unleashed, the destruction force she commands will annihilate not only
the Borg, but countless innocents as well...

Front Inside Cover Text:

"HULL BREACH!" SHOUTED THE HELMSMAN.

The Borg struck again. This time the beam gutted engineering, moved up
and sliced across the left nacelle. There was a huge explosion as the
nacelle blew clean off. Hulls ruptured throughout the U.S.S. Chekov, and
bulkheads on the lower decks collapsed.

On the bridge, everything was in smoking ruins. Commander Shelby was
coughing, trying to pull herself up, her face covered with grime.
"Captain," she whispered.

Captain Korsmo was in his command chair, shaking his head. Blood covered
the right side of his face, and yet, in the semidarkness of the battered
and nearly dead bridge, there auctually seemed to be grim amusement in
his eyes. Slowly he turned to Shelby and said, "Picard beat these
bastards?"

"Boogeymen"

Number: 017
Author: Mel Gilden
First Printing: July 1991
ISBN: 0-671-70970-4
Pages: 244

Back Cover Text:

Eric Baldwin is the Federation's premier exologist, a specialist in all manner of alien life
formsQand one of Captain Picard's oldest, most trusted friends. But Baldwin's discoveries
have made him enemies across the galaxy, and now he wants Picard to help protect him by
erasing all traces of his existence.

But Picard soon finds himself with little time to worry about Baldwin's problems. For the
Enterprise has suddenly become a strange, dangerous placeQa ship where assassins lurk around
every corner, and even old trusted friends are not what they seem. Threats all masterminded by
the strangest race of aliens Picard and he crew have yet encountered...

Front Inside Cover Text:

DATA LOOKED PUZZLED...

"Have we met, sir?"

A cold wind blew through Picard. He shot Data a look and said with exaggerated care, "This
is Professor Baldwin. We picked him up on Tantamon Four. You escorted him from the
transporter room."

"I did?"

"You did," said Picard. Baldwin and Shubunkin looked at the Captain, mystified.

"Something wrong?" Shubunkin asked.

"Very wrong," Picard replied. "As you may know, Data is an android. He's never forgotten
anything before..."