Any Astounding/Analog collectors out there?

tpi

Jun 12, 2009, 12:37:21 PM6/12/09
I have been collecting Analog/Astounding for some time. So far I have about
35-40 full volumes, and a fair amount of incomplete volumes. I also have a
fair amount of dublicate issues starting from 50s. Is there any fellow
collectors who would have interest in some exchanges? So far I don't even
have a listing of my spares, but if there is someone interested I'll make a
listing.

tkma...@yahoo.co.uk

Jun 12, 2009, 9:08:33 PM6/12/09

While I'm not a collector in the normal sense, a huge amount of
Astounding/Analog fiction is online.

a. A good amount of fiction from issues edited by John Campbell is
online. I maintain a page here:
<http://variety-sf.blogspot.com/2008/08/astounding-analog-of-cambell-annotated.html>

This page mixes downloadable stuff with fiction not online. Currently
has about 200 odd stories - that would be over 3 years worth of issues,
if they were not scattered across years & months.

Also, Astounding August 1938 whole issue scans are online.
<http://variety-sf.blogspot.com/2009/01/astounding-science-fiction-august-1938.html>

b. Sometime back, Greg Weeks had posted here links to scans of ALL
issues of Astounding edited by Harry Bates - that's more than 3 years
worth of issues. I maintain a (still growing but slowly) page here with
ToCs of some derived from those scans, plus links to Greg's scans:
<http://variety-sf.blogspot.com/2008/10/toc-series-astounding-scans-1930-1933.html>

c. Some more individual pieces of Astounding/Analog fiction are online,
but this list is less accessible than above ones:
<http://variety-sf.blogspot.com/search/label/Analog?max-results=1000>

For easier access to links, search it for words like "full text",
"download", "online", or "here".

d. A good amount of fiction from Healy & McComas' "Adventures in Time
and Space" & 25 volumes of Asimov & Greenberg's "Isaac Asimov Presents
Great SF Stories" series is from Astounding, some of it online. I
maintain their pages here:
<http://variety-sf.blogspot.com/2009/05/raymond-j-healy-j-francis-mccomas-eds.html>
<http://variety-sf.blogspot.com/2009/03/isaac-asimov-martin-h-greenberg-eds.html>

In later case, I'm still in the process of posting - vol 1, 2, 16, & 18
are there - sometimes not with all links I know are out there. But they
should get links & more volumes in days ahead.

--
"The rules & system of the administrative setup must be sufficiently
all-embracing & rigid so that in case of incompetent officials, ...