Science Fiction Set In Belgium

Nicholas Whyte

May 3, 2006, 5:26:52 AM5/3/06
Some of you will have seen my list of sf and fantasy novels set in
Ireland:
http://explorers.whyte.com/sf/irsf.htm

I have been living in Belgium now for over seven years, and it occurred
to me that there must be a similar list possible of sf and fantasy set
here.

I have two items to start off with:

_Cloud Atlas_, by David Mitchell (2004): one of the nested stories is
set in Zedelghem.

_The Guns of Avalon_, by Roger Zelazny (1972): "From Antwerp we had
traveled to Brussels, spending several evenings at a club on the Rue de
Char et Pain before the man I wanted found me."

Anything more?

(I'm specifically thinking of written sf and fantasy. If we expand the
scope out to comics there are an awful lot more, starting with Tintin.)

Nicholas

Richard Eney

May 3, 2006, 1:56:48 PM5/3/06
In article <1146648412.2...@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,

A couple of chapters of "Elementary, My Dear" are set in Belgium, where
the chief vampire inducts a new recruit into his select group.

-- Dick Eney

OPERATION CRIFANAC PUBLICATIONS
http://www.crifanac.net/Index.htm
prozines and fanzines 'n' stuff