trapdoor alert

LCC

Apr 27, 2007, 8:18:16 PM4/27/07

In early childhood I heard the song below and was significantly
influenced :
"And -- when -- I -- die"
"All I ask of living is to have no chains on me, and all I ask of
dying is to go naturally."

When I went to the first web page of that song, I saved the bookmark
and pasted it into an email draft. The hyper-link redirected to a
virus infected site both times I posted the draft-message, resulting
in problems for the forums, for which I humbly apologize. I know that
the link was the problem, because I am sending this as email to myself
and using the incoming message text to paste rather than the draft.
Furthermore, when I first read the text of that song, I began to feel
bad, and I felt worse as time passed. I think that the song is an
example of a harmful meme, for me if not for you. I just recalled the
song as I was typing in the description of the first program I wrote.
At that point in time I had it running through my head fairly often,
but gradually I forgot the words and the tune. Furthermore, when the
quoted four words without the dashes are pasted into other software
products, they generate the hyper-link to the virus site(s).

For these reasons I call upon all the web-masters on the inter-net to
check for sites with that song and delete it. Also I call upon all the
software engineers involved with HTML products to check their software
for generation of the hyper-link and remove this trapdoor from
software products found to generate it. The trapdoor is not confined
to Microsoft products alone, Open Office also generated it.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Default User

Apr 27, 2007, 8:59:43 PM4/27/07
LCC wrote:

> In early childhood I heard the song below and was significantly
> influenced :
> "And -- when -- I -- die"
> "All I ask of living is to have no chains on me, and all I ask of
> dying is to go naturally."

"And When I Die", by Laura Nyro.

I used to have as my .sig:

My troubles are many They're deep as a well
I swear there ain't no heaven And I pray there ain't no hell
But I'll never know by livin' Only my dyin' will tell
- Laura Nyro (RIP)

Brian

won't shut up.

LCC

Apr 27, 2007, 10:57:03 PM4/27/07
On Apr 27, 7:59 pm, "Default User" <defaultuse...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I deleted the text because I do not trust underlined words.

1950s or 1960, I forget which

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true

no links found
1960s top of the charts

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain
Hey Jude refrain
don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool
who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder

Hey Jude don't let me down
You have found her, now go and get her
Remember to let her into your heart
then you can start to make it better

So let it out and let it in
Hey Jude begin
You're waiting for someone to perform with
And don't you know that it's just you
Hey Jude, you'll do
The movement you need is on your shoulder

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better
Better, better, better, better, better, oh

I deleted text which was marked as a link, another trapdoor ?

Another 1960's biggie

Oh yeah, I'll tell you something,
I think you'll understand.
When I'll say that something
I want to hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand.

Oh please, say to me
You'll let me be your man
And please, say to me
You'll let me hold your hand.
Now let me hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand.

And when I touch you I feel happy inside.
It's such a feeling that my love
I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide.

Yeah, you've got that something,
I think you'll understand.
When I'll say that something
I want to hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand.

And when I touch you I feel happy inside.
It's such a feeling that my love
I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide.
y-e-h, you've got that something,
I think you'll understand.
When I'll feel that something
I want to hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand.

Another trapdoor disabled by dashes

-------------------------------------
The song I like the most, almost forgotten, many years since recalled.

Get your motor run-n-in'
Head out on the highway
Lo-o-kin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah D-a-r-l-i-n' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
R-a-c-in' with the wind
And the f-e-el-in' that I'm under
Yeah D-a-r-l-in' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

dash marks block yet more trapdoors

from the movie billy jack

Listen children to a story
That was written long ago
'Bout a kingdom on a mountain
And the valley folk below
On the mountain was a treasure
Buried deep beneath a stone
And the valley people swore they'd
Have it for their very own

{Refrain}
Go ahead and hate your neighbor
Go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of heaven
You can justify it in the end
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgment day
On the bloody morning after
One tin soldier rides away

So the people of the valley
Sent a message up the hill
Asking for the buried treasure
Tons of gold for which they'd kill
Came an answer from the kingdom
With our brothers we will share
All the secrets of our mountain
All the riches buried there

Now the valley cried with anger
Mount your horses draw your sword
And they killed the mountain people
So they won their just reward
Now they stood beside the treasure
On the mountain dark and red
Turned the stone and looked beneath it
Peace on earth was all it said

this is not the version I remember but it comes close. links deleted.

another one I like though I have difficulty remembering the lyrics

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique, and a swinging hot spot
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
Shoo-bop-bop-bop-bop, shoo-bop-bop-bop

They took all the trees and put 'em in a tree museum
And then they charged all the p-o-e-p-l-e twenty-five bucks just to
see 'em
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
Shoo-bop-bop-bop-bop, shoo-bop-bop-bop

Hey farmer, farmer, put away your DDT now
Give me spots on my apples but leave me the birds and the bees, please
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
I say, they paved paradise and they put up a parking lot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
Shoo-bop-bop-bop-bop

Late last night I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi carried off my old man
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone
They paved paradise and they put up a parking lot
Shoo-bop-bop-bop-bop

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
Shoo-bop-bop-bop-bop

Oh, now, they paved paradise and they put up a parking lot
Shoo-bop-bop-bop-bop
Hey, steam rolled paradise and put up a parking lot
Shoo-bop-bop-bop-bop

I get a thrill reading this, and I am a man, what must women feel ?

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

CHORUS

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my l-o-v-in' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman
Oh, I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong

FADE
I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman

link disabled by dashes

The lyrics link trapdoor problem is general,
not just in the one song I reported already.
Do the words of these songs give you a thrill ?
The thrill is precisely why rock and roll was so popular.
What the children get now is filthy hate filled rap songs.
I think that it is past time for change.

I call upon all internet web-masters to check for hyper-links in
lyrics files.
Also would you who read this pass the word along to
whoever is in charge about this problem ?
I get about 5 seconds per minute on the net.
Something is wrong with the wireless connection.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Mike Schilling

Apr 27, 2007, 11:05:00 PM4/27/07

"LCC" <cla...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> 1950s or 1960, I forget which

Neither.

Apr 28, 2007, 1:07:55 AM4/28/07
LCC wrote:

> On Apr 27, 7:59 pm, "Default User" <defaultuse...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I deleted the text because I do not trust underlined words.

What are you talking about?

The Hurkle Beast

Apr 30, 2007, 1:21:36 PM4/30/07
"LCC" <cla...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Memes, my ass. You really ought to lay off the hard Dawkins, and get
some psychiatric help.

The Hurkle Beast

Apr 30, 2007, 1:26:06 PM4/30/07
"Mike Schilling" <mscotts...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "LCC" <cla...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > 1950s or 1960, I forget which
>
> Neither.

heh....someone wuz guessing, otherwise I don't believe they'd be quite
so far off.

The Hurkle Beast

Apr 30, 2007, 1:27:11 PM4/30/07
"Default User" <defaul...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> LCC wrote:
>
> > On Apr 27, 7:59 pm, "Default User" <defaultuse...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> > I deleted the text because I do not trust underlined words.
>
> What are you talking about?

General crackpottery. Dipshit is afraid underlined words might turn
out to be hyperlinks.

LCC

May 2, 2007, 9:53:07 PM5/2/07
On Apr 30, 12:21 pm, "The Hurkle Beast" <hur...@ameritech.net> wrote:

> Memes, my ass. You really ought to lay off the hard Dawkins, and get
> some psychiatric help.

I am taking Ziprasidone to prevent symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia.
Unlike Haldol this drug does not inhibit thinking. I highly recommend
it as an alternative therapy. While I may be wrong about memes, there
is sufficient evidence to support the concept that Wikipedia devotes a
long article to the subject. I never heard of Dawkins. Is it some
slang word, or did you just make it up ? I am getting high on sugar,
chocolate, and nicotine. I do not use illegal drugs or alcohol. I am
getting over eight hours of sleep per day. I am not suffering from
sleep deprivation psychosis. As each day passes, I become able to
think more clearly. I am currently reviewing Wikipedia articles. I
find them very useful for recovering skills in the usage of English.
Does that answer your criticism ?

Did any of you try out the hyper-link generating phrase which I
reported at the start of this thread ?

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Mike Schilling

May 2, 2007, 10:05:32 PM5/2/07

> On Apr 30, 12:21 pm, "The Hurkle Beast" <hur...@ameritech.net> wrote:
>>
>> Memes, my ass. You really ought to lay off the hard Dawkins, and get
>> some psychiatric help.
>
> I am taking Ziprasidone to prevent symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Peter Trei

May 2, 2007, 11:39:15 PM5/2/07

If LCC is actually being medicated for a mental condition, its
actually more like kicking a man when he's down.

LCC: Your description of a phrase generating a hyperlink is
not plausible. You may wish to discuss this you care
provider.

Peter Trei

David Mitchell

May 3, 2007, 6:26:50 AM5/3/07
On Wed, 02 May 2007 18:53:07 -0700, LCC wrote:

> On Apr 30, 12:21 pm, "The Hurkle Beast" <hur...@ameritech.net> wrote:
>>
>> Memes, my ass. You really ought to lay off the hard Dawkins, and get
>> some psychiatric help.
>
> I am taking Ziprasidone to prevent symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia.
> Unlike Haldol this drug does not inhibit thinking.

But it does distort it enough that myself, and many others I suspect, were
able to recognise the distortions. You might want to think about the
implications of that.

> I highly recommend
> it as an alternative therapy. While I may be wrong about memes, there
> is sufficient evidence to support the concept that Wikipedia devotes a
> long article to the subject. I never heard of Dawkins. Is it some
> slang word, or did you just make it up ?

Richard Dawkins, celebrated atheist and best-selling author.
Look it up.

> Did any of you try out the hyper-link generating phrase which I
> reported at the start of this thread ?

= David --- If you use Microsoft products, you will, inevitably, get
= Mitchell --- viruses, so please don't add me to your address book.

Robert Carnegie

May 3, 2007, 10:14:02 AM5/3/07

LCC wrote:

> In early childhood I heard the song below and was significantly
> influenced :
> "And -- when -- I -- die"
> "All I ask of living is to have no chains on me, and all I ask of
> dying is to go naturally."
>
> When I went to the first web page of that song, I saved the bookmark
> and pasted it into an email draft. The hyper-link redirected to a
> virus infected site both times I posted the draft-message, resulting
> in problems for the forums, for which I humbly apologize. I know that
> the link was the problem, because I am sending this as email to myself
> and using the incoming message text to paste rather than the draft.
> Furthermore, when I first read the text of that song, I began to feel
> bad, and I felt worse as time passed. I think that the song is an
> example of a harmful meme, for me if not for you. I just recalled the
> song as I was typing in the description of the first program I wrote.
> At that point in time I had it running through my head fairly often,
> but gradually I forgot the words and the tune. Furthermore, when the
> quoted four words without the dashes are pasted into other software
> products, they generate the hyper-link to the virus site(s).

It seems to me more likely to be a coincidence. There are, or have
been, song lyrics Web sites that try to interfere with your computer
for /any/ song that they know. A recently launched "authorised"
service /may/ be safe (news story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6591887.stm ),
but the "legitimate" music industry isn't above interfering with your
computer -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4577536.stm (Sony rootkit).

Once a virus is on your computer, it may stay there and cause ongoing
problems. It can hide itself by refusing to show itself to virus-
detection programs. You can get around this, but it isn't easy.

Now, making it respond to the song title would be just showing off.
Not impossible!

If the song itself is distressing to you that's another matter. By
all means leave it alone. There is much jollier music.

Allegations about another big downer are discussed sceptically at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloomy_Sunday

Robert Carnegie

May 3, 2007, 5:50:30 PM5/3/07
LCC wrote:
> Did any of you try out the hyper-link generating phrase which I
> reported at the start of this thread ?

Well, I typed "and when I", you know, thing - into Google, and an
address came up:

http://www.twin-music.com/azlyrics/b_file/songs/bst/and.html

It appears to have been removed from the Internet, at the moment,
which is consistent with being caught out doing something naughty.

This means that the Opera Web browser's known-fraud indicator doesn't
function - it only shows when you actually go to a place. Opera also
makes it fairly easy to switch off Web technologies that can attack
your computer - so does the new Internet Explorer 7, but I don't like
the licence conditions.

And the Opera thing may not be all that good - it uses these guys,
http://www.phishtank.com/
and going directly there, it says they know nothing about "twin-
music.com".

And another possible reason for them to go is a music company might be
suing them for copyright in lyrics.

Or something just broke and they haven't fixed it. It happens.

Another thing that happens is that malicious software actually is put
on poorly secured innocent Web sites - I think I read something about
professional football sites getting hit that way.

LCC

May 4, 2007, 4:23:36 AM5/4/07
On May 3, 4:50 pm, Robert Carnegie <rja.carne...@excite.com> wrote:
> LCC wrote:
> > Did any of you try out the hyper-link generating phrase which I
> > reported at the start of this thread ?
>
> Well, I typed "and when I", you know, thing - into Google, and an
> address came up:
>
> http://www.twin-music.com/azlyrics/b_file/songs/bst/and.html
>
> It appears to have been removed from the Internet, at the moment,
> which is consistent with being caught out doing something naughty.

I thank you very much for investigating and posting what you found
out.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

JXStern

May 4, 2007, 8:15:02 PM5/4/07
On 27 Apr 2007 17:18:16 -0700, LCC <cla...@comcast.net> wrote:

>When I went to the first web page of that song, I saved the bookmark
>and pasted it into an email draft. The hyper-link redirected to a
>virus infected site both times I posted the draft-message, resulting
>in problems for the forums, for which I humbly apologize. I know that
>the link was the problem, because I am sending this as email to myself
>and using the incoming message text to paste rather than the draft.

Some of the song lyrics sites have for a long time hosted very
aggressive ad-ware and mal-ware.

If you have good anti-virus stuff on your workstation I imagine you're
safe, though I wouldn't wonder if it also renders the sites unusuable.
I suspect much of their material is also illegally posted, though I've
never been curious enough to find out for sure.

J.

LCC

May 6, 2007, 12:04:42 PM5/6/07
I suggest that you should see the last post on thread :

http://groups.google.com/group/lonnie-courtney-clay/browse_thread/thread/faf575237df0e038?hl=en

Lonnie Courtney Clay