Story ID: Make evil people a foot shorter! Oops...

staschuk

May 26, 2011, 7:51:38 AM5/26/11
A story description from a blog I read:

"There’s a rather creepy old-style science fiction story about a guy
who thought he had figured out how to make all the evil people a foot
shorter, so they could be readily identified. He was alone in his
apartment when the magic was supposed to work and didn’t know whether
it had actually come off. But when he went to feed his budgie, he
could no longer reach the cage..."

Evelyn Leeper

May 26, 2011, 11:35:07 AM5/26/11

"Twilight Zone": "Four O'Clock" (with Theodore Bikel), based on a short
story by Price Day.

I'm sure that the blogger was remembering the episode rather than the
short story.

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
I never trust anyone who's more excited about success than

David Johnston

May 26, 2011, 12:31:37 PM5/26/11
On May 26, 9:35 am, Evelyn Leeper <elee...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 5/26/11 7:51 AM, staschuk wrote:
>
> > A story description from a blog I read:
>
> > "There’s a rather creepy old-style science fiction story about a guy
> > who thought he had figured out how to make all the evil people a foot
> > shorter, so they could be readily identified. He was alone in his
> > apartment when the magic was supposed to work and didn’t know whether
> > it had actually come off. But when he went to feed his budgie, he
> > could no longer reach the cage..."
>
> "Twilight Zone": "Four O'Clock" (with Theodore Bikel), based on a short
> story by Price Day.
>
> I'm sure that the blogger was remembering the episode rather than the
> short story.

Erg! Twilight Zone stories were so bloody predictable.