New Perry Rhodan LEMURIA series

duanes...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2007, 7:52:56 AM6/21/07
I found the first book in this new 6-book series at B&N. Any news on
when the subsequent volumes will be released?

Is Dwight Decker on this list? I had some questions about the new
series, so I can post some info at the Pulp Rack.

- Duane
www.pulprack.com

David DeLaney

Jun 21, 2007, 11:17:59 AM6/21/07
duanes...@gmail.com <duanes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Is Dwight Decker on this list? I had some questions about the new
>series, so I can post some info at the Pulp Rack.

List this is not. Where you are posting check should you. Newsgroup this is.

Dave "Telling if Dwight is lurking, can nobody do but Dwight" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jun 21, 2007, 12:00:38 PM6/21/07
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:17:59 -0400, d...@gatekeeper.vic.com (David
DeLaney) wrote:

>duanes...@gmail.com <duanes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Is Dwight Decker on this list? I had some questions about the new
>>series, so I can post some info at the Pulp Rack.
>
>List this is not. Where you are posting check should you. Newsgroup this is.
>
>Dave "Telling if Dwight is lurking, can nobody do but Dwight" DeLaney

I could ask him. I owe him a letter anyway. What were the questions?

(Yes, I still write old-fashioned streetmail letters, and so does
Dwight. But it's faster to e-mail me.)

The fourth issue of Helix is at http://www.helixsf.com
The tenth Ethshar novel has been serialized at http://www.ethshar.com/thevondishambassador1.html

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Jun 21, 2007, 1:35:37 PM6/21/07
In article <1182426776.0...@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

Interesting! I never heard of this one, even though it's apparently been
out since Janurary. Two questions:

1) Where in relation to the Rhodan chronology does it fit? I followed the
Ackerman US editions until they stopped, and when I tried the (abortive)
US relaunch from the early 00s, the jump ahead was so long that the books
had almost no relation to what I remembered.

2) How is the translation? I always found Mrs. Ackerman's renditions very
natural, but the re-launch books were so stilted I found it a chore to
read them..

Ted

Peter Bruells

Jun 21, 2007, 2:42:05 PM6/21/07
t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) writes:

> 1) Where in relation to the Rhodan chronology does it fit?

According to http://www.perrypedia.proc.org/Lemuria_%28Serie%29 it's
the year 1327 NGZ (New Galactic Era), the year 4914 AD. It's a
paperback series and apparently fits either into or between the pulp
arcs "Der Sternozean" (2200-2299) and "Terranova" (2300 to 2391/current issue).

Richard Todd

Jun 21, 2007, 2:45:53 PM6/21/07
t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) writes:

> In article <1182426776.0...@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> <duanes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting! I never heard of this one, even though it's apparently been
> out since Janurary. Two questions:
>
> 1) Where in relation to the Rhodan chronology does it fit? I followed the
> Ackerman US editions until they stopped, and when I tried the (abortive)
> US relaunch from the early 00s, the jump ahead was so long that the books
> had almost no relation to what I remembered.

Pretty far ahead. (pause for a moment while I fumble thru the references
at the most excellent fan reference site http://www.pr-materiequelle.de.)
The Lemuria books are apparently set in the year 1327 New Galactic Era, which
translates to 4914 AD. As far as relationship to the "main" PR storyline,
as near as I can figure, they fit between the end of the Tradom Empire cycle
(PR #2100-2199) and the beginning of the Star Ocean cycle (PR #2200-2299).

> 2) How is the translation? I always found Mrs. Ackerman's renditions very
> natural, but the re-launch books were so stilted I found it a chore to
> read them..

I didn't notice any particular problems with the translation.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Jun 21, 2007, 2:51:19 PM6/21/07
In article <x71wg5g...@ichotolot.servalan.com>,
Richard Todd <rmt...@ichotolot.servalan.com> wrote:

[timeline]

>Pretty far ahead. (pause for a moment while I fumble thru the references
>at the most excellent fan reference site http://www.pr-materiequelle.de.)
>The Lemuria books are apparently set in the year 1327 New Galactic Era, which
>translates to 4914 AD. As far as relationship to the "main" PR storyline,
>as near as I can figure, they fit between the end of the Tradom Empire cycle
>(PR #2100-2199) and the beginning of the Star Ocean cycle (PR #2200-2299).

[translation]

>I didn't notice any particular problems with the translation.

Thanks. Sounds like it's probably too far ahead of the Ace editions for me
to have any "I always wondered how that came out" investment in it, but
maybe I'll pick it up for curiosity's sake.

Ted

Blue Tyson

Jun 22, 2007, 3:06:46 AM6/22/07
On Jun 22, 2:35 am, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
> In article <1182426776.010338.226...@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

> <duanespurl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I found the first book in this new 6-book series at B&N. Any news on
> >when the subsequent volumes will be released?
>
> >Is Dwight Decker on this list? I had some questions about the new
> >series, so I can post some info at the Pulp Rack.
>
> >- Duane
>
> Interesting! I never heard of this one, even though it's apparently been
> out since Janurary. Two questions:
>
> 1) Where in relation to the Rhodan chronology does it fit? I followed the
> Ackerman US editions until they stopped, and when I tried the (abortive)
> US relaunch from the early 00s, the jump ahead was so long that the books
> had almost no relation to what I remembered.
>
> 2) How is the translation? I always found Mrs. Ackerman's renditions very
> natural, but the re-launch books were so stilted I found it a chore to
> read them..
>
> Ted

This is interesting. What were the 00 relaunch books, and how many
were there?

Thanks,

bt

@@@@
http://notfreesf.blogspot.com Not Free SF Reader
http://freesf.blogspot.com Free SF Reader
http://ozsf.blogspot.com Australian SF Reader
http://graphicsf.blogspot.com Graphic SF Reader
http://superprose.blogspot.com Super Reader

Richard Todd

Jun 22, 2007, 12:33:37 PM6/22/07
Blue Tyson <aussi...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 22, 2:35 am, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
>> In article <1182426776.010338.226...@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

>> 1) Where in relation to the Rhodan chronology does it fit? I followed the
>> Ackerman US editions until they stopped, and when I tried the (abortive)
>> US relaunch from the early 00s, the jump ahead was so long that the books
>> had almost no relation to what I remembered.

> This is interesting. What were the 00 relaunch books, and how many
> were there?

A few years back, a very small outfit (I'm not sure it was really much more
than one guy behind it) called Vector Enterprises got the rights to publish
a US edition of Perry Rhodan. They managed to actually produce four
translated issues (PR #1800, 1801, 1802, 1803) before going under. They had
also planned to come out with an English edition of the Posbi cycle
(PR #100-149), thus finishing up the storyline arc that the Ace and Master
Publications editions hadn't gotten to finish in the late 70s, but that
fell thru too.

Blue Tyson

Jun 23, 2007, 2:49:49 AM6/23/07
On Jun 23, 1:33 am, Richard Todd <rmt...@ichotolot.servalan.com>
wrote:

> A few years back, a very small outfit (I'm not sure it was really much more
> than one guy behind it) called Vector Enterprises got the rights to publish
> a US edition of Perry Rhodan. They managed to actually produce four
> translated issues (PR #1800, 1801, 1802, 1803) before going under. They had
> also planned to come out with an English edition of the Posbi cycle
> (PR #100-149), thus finishing up the storyline arc that the Ace and Master
> Publications editions hadn't gotten to finish in the late 70s, but that
> fell thru too.

Thanks very much Richard.

bt