Signing

Ryan R.

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
This is just a little info from the New York signing on Tuesday. I haven't
posted it until now because I wanted to make sure it wasn't in the books.

I asked Jordan when a man with the spark would slow. He hesitated and
rubbed his chin, obviously trying to make up the answer on the spot, and
doing it to be consistent with the books. The answer is: Women usually
slow at twenty, sometimes a little earlier, but usually around there. Men
wouldn't slow until 25, usually closer to thirty. He claims that they
could go past thirty, but that probably depends on how early they start and
how much they channel.

So, if Taim started at twenty or so, like Rand (actually, that's later than
Rand), and channeled a reasonable amount, he would probably slow at
twenty-seven or thereabouts. After all, Nynaeve started probably at
sixteen or seventeen, and only channeled on the uncommon occasion that
someone was dying in her presence of some disease, and slowed at
twenty-three (that's the age Setalle Anan thought she was, but she's
twenty-six). That's seven years or so.

Well, Taim looks thirty-five, according to Rand. He shouldn't. Even if he
didn't slow until he was thirty-two, Rand still wouldn't have estimated him
as being as much as fifteen years older than he was. So, my
conclusion--Taim is Demandred. Only a Forsaken could look that old, given
the slowing. Yes, I know it's not solid, irrefutable evidence, but it's
still good evidence. That's my two cents.

--
Ryan R. ry...@ix.netcom.com
"He Who Just Missed Coming With the Dawn"

TeeSoong

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
Perhaps Taim started channelling late. Just like some of the ashaman are
old geezers, Taim could have started late.
--
/>
// ______,....----,

Tom York

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
TeeSoong (tt...@cornell.edu) wrote:

<Taim must be Demandred because if he started channelling at the same age
as Rand the slowing wouldn't let him look that old>

: Perhaps Taim started channelling late. Just like some of the ashaman are

: old geezers, Taim could have started late.

If he had the spark, it's unlikely he would have started much later..
certainly not enough to account for his appearance now.

: />

: // ______,....----,
: /VVVVVVVVV|============="""""""""" ___,..-'
: `^^^^^^^^^|================--------""""""

: \\
: \>

Nice ascii.

--
Tom.

The lions sing and the hills take flight. | Tom York
The moon by day, and the sun by night. | T.J....@durham.ac.uk
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool. | http://www.dur.ac.uk/~d50rmj/
Let the Lord of Chaos rule. |_______________________________

*bunnyTshens*

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Tom York (T.J....@durham.ac.uk) wrote:
: TeeSoong (tt...@cornell.edu) wrote:

: : />

: : // ______,....----,
: : /VVVVVVVVV|============="""""""""" ___,..-'
: : `^^^^^^^^^|================--------""""""
: : \\
: : \>

: Nice ascii.

...is an oxymoron.

--Tshen
Qodaxti Institute, 87th stratum

John Bilow

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
In article <363269...@cornell.edu>, tt...@cornell.edu wrote:
>Perhaps Taim started channelling late. Just like some of the ashaman are
>old geezers, Taim could have started late.

Taim said that he had been channeling for 15 years IIRC

John Bilow

To reply, remove "spamsucks" from my address

Courtenay Footman

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
In article <3633a...@news.wln.com>, *bunnyTshens* wrote:
>Tom York (T.J....@durham.ac.uk) wrote:
>: TeeSoong (tt...@cornell.edu) wrote:
>
>: : />
>: : // ______,....----,
>: : /VVVVVVVVV|============="""""""""" ___,..-'
>: : `^^^^^^^^^|================--------""""""
>: : \\
>: : \>
>
>: Nice ascii.
>
>...is an oxymoron.

I had always thought so, until I saw Janet's .sig of her cat.
(Admittedly, the only exception to the oxymoron statement, but it is
an exception.)

--
Courtenay Footman I have again gotten back on the net, and
c...@lightlink.com again I will never get anything done.

Richard M. Boye'

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
*bunnyTshens* wrote:

> Tom York (T.J....@durham.ac.uk) wrote:
> : TeeSoong (tt...@cornell.edu) wrote:
>
> : : />
> : : // ______,....----,
> : : /VVVVVVVVV|============="""""""""" ___,..-'
> : : `^^^^^^^^^|================--------""""""
> : : \\
> : : \>
>
> : Nice ascii.
>
> ...is an oxymoron.

Oh, I don't know, Tshenly-one. It can be kinda flattering if someone
felt compelled to do this!

http://angband.gt.ed.net/~rmboye/contest/tower.txt

--
Richard M. Boye' wa...@webspan.net
http://www.webspan.net/~waldo/ UIN:9021244

Jim Coleman

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Richard M. Boye' wrote:

> *bunnyTshens* wrote:
> >
> > Tom York (T.J....@durham.ac.uk) wrote:
> > : TeeSoong (tt...@cornell.edu) wrote:
> >
> > : : />
> > : : // ______,....----,
> > : : /VVVVVVVVV|============="""""""""" ___,..-'
> > : : `^^^^^^^^^|================--------""""""
> > : : \\
> > : : \>
> >
> > : Nice ascii.
> >
> > ...is an oxymoron.
>
> Oh, I don't know, Tshenly-one. It can be kinda flattering if someone
> felt compelled to do this!
>
> http://angband.gt.ed.net/~rmboye/contest/tower.txt

That's absolutely unbelievable. Wow.

--
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Billy Todd

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
In article <363683...@webspan.net>, wa...@webspan.net (Richard M.
Boye') scribbled on the bathroom wall...

> *bunnyTshens* wrote:
> >
> > Tom York (T.J....@durham.ac.uk) wrote:
> > : TeeSoong (tt...@cornell.edu) wrote:
> >
> > : : />
> > : : // ______,....----,
> > : : /VVVVVVVVV|============="""""""""" ___,..-'
> > : : `^^^^^^^^^|================--------""""""
> > : : \\
> > : : \>
> >
> > : Nice ascii.
> >
> > ...is an oxymoron.
>
> Oh, I don't know, Tshenly-one. It can be kinda flattering if someone
> felt compelled to do this!
>
> http://angband.gt.ed.net/~rmboye/contest/tower.txt

Rich, I've seen some really _crappy_ ascii art in my time.
Your tower was not among that group. Truly impressive.

Wow.

-------
Billy Todd WT...@clemson.edu

Chris Mullins

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Richard M. Boye' wrote in message <363683...@webspan.net>...

>Oh, I don't know, Tshenly-one. It can be kinda flattering if someone
>felt compelled to do this!
>
>http://angband.gt.ed.net/~rmboye/contest/tower.txt

That's a very impressive tower that someone came up with. I think, Rich,
that you have found a new .sig!

--
Chris Mullins cmul...@connsys.com
[W]e have to improve in almost all areas. But it's better than

Richard M. Boye'

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Billy Todd wrote:

> In article <363683...@webspan.net>, wa...@webspan.net (Richard M.
> Boye') scribbled on the bathroom wall...
> > *bunnyTshens* wrote:
> > >
> > > Tom York (T.J....@durham.ac.uk) wrote:
> > > : TeeSoong (tt...@cornell.edu) wrote:
> > >
> > > : : />
> > > : : // ______,....----,
> > > : : /VVVVVVVVV|============="""""""""" ___,..-'
> > > : : `^^^^^^^^^|================--------""""""
> > > : : \\
> > > : : \>
> > >
> > > : Nice ascii.
> > >
> > > ...is an oxymoron.
> >
> > Oh, I don't know, Tshenly-one. It can be kinda flattering if someone
> > felt compelled to do this!
> >
> > http://angband.gt.ed.net/~rmboye/contest/tower.txt
>
> Rich, I've seen some really _crappy_ ascii art in my time.
> Your tower was not among that group. Truly impressive.
>
> Wow.

Back up there.

I _drew_ the original picture, but I DID NOT do that ASCII masterpiece.

That was done by Philip Powell (ccx...@coventry.ac.uk)

I would dream of taking credit for it.

Richard M. Boye'

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Jim Coleman wrote:

> Richard M. Boye' wrote:
> >
> > *bunnyTshens* wrote:
> > >
> > > Tom York (T.J....@durham.ac.uk) wrote:
> > > : TeeSoong (tt...@cornell.edu) wrote:
> > >
> > > : : />
> > > : : // ______,....----,
> > > : : /VVVVVVVVV|============="""""""""" ___,..-'
> > > : : `^^^^^^^^^|================--------""""""
> > > : : \\
> > > : : \>
> > >
> > > : Nice ascii.
> > >
> > > ...is an oxymoron.
> >
> > Oh, I don't know, Tshenly-one. It can be kinda flattering if someone
> > felt compelled to do this!
> >
> > http://angband.gt.ed.net/~rmboye/contest/tower.txt
>
> That's absolutely unbelievable. Wow.

Back up there.

I _drew_ the original picture, but I DID NOT do that ASCII masterpiece.

That was done by Philip Powell (ccx...@coventry.ac.uk)

I wouldn't dream of taking credit for it.

Richard M. Boye'

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Chris Mullins wrote:

> Richard M. Boye' wrote in message <363683...@webspan.net>...

> >Oh, I don't know, Tshenly-one. It can be kinda flattering if someone
> >felt compelled to do this!
> >
> >http://angband.gt.ed.net/~rmboye/contest/tower.txt
> >

> That's a very impressive tower that someone came up with. I think, Rich,
> that you have found a new .sig!

Oh, I came up with the design for the Tower in my picture at:

http://angband.gt.ed.net/~rmboye/tower1.htm

But I DID NOT do that ASCII masterpiece.

Janet Cone

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:57:03 -0400, TeeSoong <tt...@cornell.edu> wrote:

>Perhaps Taim started channelling late. Just like some of the ashaman are
>old geezers, Taim could have started late.

Either that or he has had a really rough life before he started
channelling - lots of drugs, booze and Saldean Farmgirls.

|\ _,,,---,,_ Janet (and Berelain) |
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_)

David Scotton

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
In article <3653d888...@news.xtra.co.nz>, janet...@xtra.co.nz
says...

> On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:57:03 -0400, TeeSoong <tt...@cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> >Perhaps Taim started channelling late. Just like some of the ashaman are
> >old geezers, Taim could have started late.
>
> Either that or he has had a really rough life before he started
> channelling - lots of drugs, booze and Saldean Farmgirls.

Booze and Saldean farmgirls. Boy, what a rough life.

--
David K. Scotton <dsco...@uclink4.berkeley.edu> | UIN:3595734

"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for."