Jordan Signing - findings

Erica L. Sadun

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

In article <4vobae$s...@orb.direct.ca>, Lara Beaton <lbe...@direct.ca> wrote:

: Bela is the Nae'blis.

You mispelt "Neigh-blis".

-- Erica

"Mea culpa"

Andrea Lynn Leistra

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

In article <dylan-25089...@news.tamu.edu>,
Dylan Flynn Alexander <dy...@tamu.edu> wrote:
>In article <4vobae$s...@orb.direct.ca>, lbe...@direct.ca (Lara Beaton) wrote:

>} Randland size: Randland is approximately 4500 miles across.
>}Seanchan is as big as Randland, the Aiel Waste, and Shara all put
>}together (a single empire the size of North and South America).
>
>Whoever suggested Randland was Europe, and Seanchan a rotated North/South
>America, I'm going to buy you dinner if I ever meet you at a Social.
>
>At least this explains the Armies of Darkness. The Republican Party took
>complete control of the US, conquered both continents, survived a nuclear
>holocaust and the Breaking, only to be wiped out by Hawkwing's armies.

Of course they survived. Cockroaches can survive *anything*.

--
Andrea Leistra http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~aleistra
-----

Lara Beaton

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Rob Watson, Greebs and I went to the Jordan signing yesterday. After
badgering him with tons of questions, we got the following
information:

Randland size: Randland is approximately 4500 miles across.
Seanchan is as big as Randland, the Aiel Waste, and Shara all put
together (a single empire the size of North and South America).

How Verin could determine the Ogier had no mind inside a
stedding: We're going to find out something in the next few books
about people without souls and characteristcs of them. (he started out
saying that we're going to find out something significant about Verin,
then stopped).

Ogier: Were not genetically engineered. (blew Greebs' looney
Longing-taint theory away).

Slayer: Can't channel. (blew my looney Moridin theory away). He
has certain "gifts" granted to him by the DO, but can't channel either
the OP or the TP. Cross Slayer off the list of possible Moridin
candidates. (damn, there goes my section of the FAQ :-(

Everyone in SL killed each other. (blows away the MS is the souls
of the people of SL theory).

Mashadar occurred after everyone in SL was dead.

Machin Shin eats the souls _and_ memories of the people it
catches.

He wouldn't answer the question about the nine-horse hitch. (said
he'd have to marry me if he told me. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't
get a RAFO.) We figure it's his version of "figs and mice".

Ishy/Moridin/SH - RAFO.

Ageless look and OR - RAFO. (I thought Greebs was going to
explode when he didn't answer that one directly.)

Bela is the Nae'blis.

The next book isn't going to come out until 1998 because RJ is "a
sadistic SOB" (his words, not mine).

Greebs and I came up with a few more questions to ask at the
signing in Victoria on sunday, so he'll be posting some more findings
soon.

Stuff I found out after the signing -

Greebs likes girly drinks.

I can't play pool to save my life.

Lara Beaton
Disclaimers are for wussies.

"Is she weird? Is she white? Is she promised to the night?"

Dylan Flynn Alexander

P.T. Korda

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

My, RJ was awfully free with info at this signing, wasn't he? I don't
suppose anybody would care to stick this post on a web page, or something?

In article <4vobae$s...@orb.direct.ca>, Lara Beaton <lbe...@direct.ca> wrote:

> How Verin could determine the Ogier had no mind inside a
>stedding: We're going to find out something in the next few books
>about people without souls and characteristcs of them.

A-ha!

>(he started out
>saying that we're going to find out something significant about Verin,
>then stopped).

A-HA!

However, I'll be VERY surprised if whatever-Verin's-secret-is is not
something that's been suggested. (If only bc EVERYTHING has been
suggested about Verin.)

> Slayer: Can't channel. (blew my looney Moridin theory away). He
>has certain "gifts" granted to him by the DO, but can't channel either
>the OP or the TP. Cross Slayer off the list of possible Moridin
>candidates.

HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

> (damn, there goes my section of the FAQ :-(

Yes, but the above info gives you a _respectible_ mention in the FAQ.

> Everyone in SL killed each other. (blows away the MS is the souls
>of the people of SL theory).

Eep. I didn't even know that WAS a theory. *boggle*

> He wouldn't answer the question about the nine-horse hitch. (said
>he'd have to marry me if he told me. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't
>get a RAFO.) We figure it's his version of "figs and mice".

Agreed.

-pam

Lara Beaton

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

ko...@midway.uchicago.edu (P.T. Korda) wrote:

>My, RJ was awfully free with info at this signing, wasn't he? I don't
>suppose anybody would care to stick this post on a web page, or something?

>In article <4vobae$s...@orb.direct.ca>, Lara Beaton <lbe...@direct.ca> wrote:

>> Slayer: Can't channel. (blew my looney Moridin theory away). He
>>has certain "gifts" granted to him by the DO, but can't channel either
>>the OP or the TP. Cross Slayer off the list of possible Moridin
>>candidates.

>HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

<shrug> Oh, well. I was mostly doing it to drive you and Novak up the
wall, anyway. In that, I succeeded.

>> (damn, there goes my section of the FAQ :-(

>Yes, but the above info gives you a _respectible_ mention in the FAQ.

Oh, and I do _so_ try to be respectible.

>> Everyone in SL killed each other. (blows away the MS is the souls
>>of the people of SL theory).

>Eep. I didn't even know that WAS a theory. *boggle*

A looney theory that someone brought up a few months ago, didn't
really catch many people imaginations, but I remembered it.

>> He wouldn't answer the question about the nine-horse hitch. (said
>>he'd have to marry me if he told me. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't
>>get a RAFO.) We figure it's his version of "figs and mice".

>Agreed.

Of course, if it involves figs and mice, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Lara Beaton

"Go to bed, honey. I'll bag the Nazi, and clean up."

David Edsberg

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Andrea Lynn Leistra wrote:

> In article <dylan-25089...@news.tamu.edu>,
> Dylan Flynn Alexander <dy...@tamu.edu> wrote:
> Of course they survived. Cockroaches can survive *anything*.

Bite me!

David :)
dav...@erudite.com

Wilson Christopher H C

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Lara Beaton (lbe...@direct.ca) wrote:
:
: Stuff I found out after the signing -
:
: Greebs likes girly drinks.

Hey! I'm no girly. I eat shrimp like that for breakfast...ummm
...OK I eat pannekoeken for breakfast but I do eat shrimp for dinner.

(I would also like to point out that my girly drink had 2-3% more
alcohol in it than your's so ha!)

: I can't play pool to save my life.

You just need more practice. Shooting stick is a great social
activity and help pass the time.

-Greebs

Wilson Christopher H C

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Lara Beaton (lbe...@direct.ca) wrote:
:
: Slayer: Can't channel. (blew my looney Moridin theory away). He
: has certain "gifts" granted to him by the DO, but can't channel either
: the OP or the TP. Cross Slayer off the list of possible Moridin
: candidates. (damn, there goes my section of the FAQ :-(

Didn't we also learn as a corrolory that you have to be able
to channel OP to get TP access or was it the other way around.

-Greebs

Lara Beaton

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

3c...@qlink.queensu.ca (Wilson Christopher H C) wrote:

>Lara Beaton (lbe...@direct.ca) wrote:
>:
>: Stuff I found out after the signing -
>:
>: Greebs likes girly drinks.

> Hey! I'm no girly. I eat shrimp like that for breakfast...ummm
> ...OK I eat pannekoeken for breakfast but I do eat shrimp for dinner.
>
> (I would also like to point out that my girly drink had 2-3% more
> alcohol in it than your's so ha!)

That's it's only redeeming quality. If it weren't for that, it would
be stuck in the "wine cooler" classification.

(Glacier Berry Cider? Greebs is a "Chick Drink Drunk")

Eric J. Ebinger

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

Dylan Flynn Alexander wrote:

> In article <4vobae$s...@orb.direct.ca>, lbe...@direct.ca (Lara Beaton) wrote:
>
> }Rob Watson, Greebs and I went to the Jordan signing yesterday. After
> }badgering him with tons of questions, we got the following
> }information:
> }
> } Randland size: Randland is approximately 4500 miles across.
> }Seanchan is as big as Randland, the Aiel Waste, and Shara all put
> }together (a single empire the size of North and South America).
>
> Whoever suggested Randland was Europe, and Seanchan a rotated North/South
> America, I'm going to buy you dinner if I ever meet you at a Social.
>
> At least this explains the Armies of Darkness. The Republican Party took
> complete control of the US, conquered both continents, survived a nuclear
> holocaust and the Breaking, only to be wiped out by Hawkwing's armies.

No, no, no. Not the REPUBLICAN Party, the Democratic Party. The GOP
is Army of Light, the Democratic Party is the Army of Darkness.

Eric Ebinger
ebi...@alfie.drc.com

[Any attempts to follow this up with WHY the Dems or Republicans are
or are not the Army of Darkness will result in the poster being
immediately balefired.]

Eric J. Ebinger

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

Andrea Lynn Leistra wrote:

> Of course they survived. Cockroaches can survive *anything*.

For proof, see Bill and Hillary.

Eric Ebinger
ebi...@alfie.drc.com

Eric J. Ebinger

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

Lara Beaton wrote:

> Rob Watson, Greebs and I went to the Jordan signing yesterday. After
> badgering him with tons of questions, we got the following
> information:
>
> Randland size: Randland is approximately 4500 miles across.
> Seanchan is as big as Randland, the Aiel Waste, and Shara all put
> together (a single empire the size of North and South America).
>
> How Verin could determine the Ogier had no mind inside a
> stedding: We're going to find out something in the next few books
> about people without souls and characteristcs of them. (he started out

> saying that we're going to find out something significant about Verin,
> then stopped).
>
> Ogier: Were not genetically engineered. (blew Greebs' looney
> Longing-taint theory away).
>
> Slayer: Can't channel. (blew my looney Moridin theory away). He
> has certain "gifts" granted to him by the DO, but can't channel either
> the OP or the TP. Cross Slayer off the list of possible Moridin
> candidates. (damn, there goes my section of the FAQ :-(
>
> Everyone in SL killed each other. (blows away the MS is the souls
> of the people of SL theory).

We already knew that the Aridholeans killed each other.
Why does that 'blows away the MS is the souls of the people of
SL theory'? Did RJ explicitly say that Machin Shin is NOT the souls
of the people of SL?

> Mashadar occurred after everyone in SL was dead.

Yes, we knew that. The question is, did Machin Shin come before
or after Mashadar.

> Machin Shin eats the souls _and_ memories of the people it
> catches.

Yes, we knew that. But did Machin Shin start out with the souls
and memories of the late inhabitants of Aridhol.

> Bela is the Nae'blis.

Are we sure he isn't reading this newsgroup?

> The next book isn't going to come out until 1998 because RJ is "a
> sadistic SOB" (his words, not mine).

Methinks RJ is getting VERY tired of being asked when the next book
will be out. I don't blame him.

Eric Ebinger
ebi...@alfie.drc.com

Wilson Christopher H C

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

Lara Beaton (lbe...@direct.ca) wrote:
: 3c...@qlink.queensu.ca (Wilson Christopher H C) wrote:

: > (I would also like to point out that my girly drink had 2-3% more

: > alcohol in it than your's so ha!)

: (Glacier Berry Cider? Greebs is a "Chick Drink Drunk")

Well I'm gonna be a "hard liquor drunk" for most of next week,
how about you...hmmm?

-Greebs

Chad R Orzel

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

In article <4vobae$s...@orb.direct.ca>, Lara Beaton <lbe...@direct.ca> wrote:
>Rob Watson, Greebs and I went to the Jordan signing yesterday. After
>badgering him with tons of questions, we got the following
>information:
>
> Randland size: Randland is approximately 4500 miles across.
>Seanchan is as big as Randland, the Aiel Waste, and Shara all put
>together (a single empire the size of North and South America).

This strains credibility, but I'll let it pass.

> How Verin could determine the Ogier had no mind inside a
>stedding: We're going to find out something in the next few books
>about people without souls and characteristcs of them.

So, she hummed a few bars of an old Smokey Robinson tune, and got no
response?

{Nothing surprising was revealed, so the rest of the text has been
deleted, save for:}

> Stuff I found out after the signing -
>
> Greebs likes girly drinks.

Greebs is Dave Foley?

> I can't play pool to save my life.

Outside of the occasional Asimov story, and maybe a movie or two, it's
hard to imagine circumstances in which pool would become a matter of life
and death...

Later,
OilCan