Atlanta Signing at Science Fiction & Mystery.

Ryan Gran

Oct 17, 1994, 8:04:48 PM10/17/94
I arrived about 50 minutes early, and immediatly proceeded to complete my
collection of hardcovers. Got the last copy of 'The Eye of the World' and
although it's not first edition, it's autographed; along with the other five!
The Tor representitives were handing out book marks and postcards with the
cover art from tFoH depicted on them. In any case, by arriving 40 minutes
early, I was number 16, and it took about an hour to get to me. I saw numbers
in the high 60s, so I'm not sure if RJ was going to make an effort to get
through everyone or not. He took the time to answer questions from each
person, signed the books "For first_name, Best Wishes ... Robert Jordan" on
the flip side of the page with edition information. He also signed maps and
"The Wheel of Time" sampler, which SF&M was giving out.

I met up with the original FAQ creator (sorry, I didn't catch/remember your
name, but I'm sure she's quite well known!) and I posed a couple of questions
for her (she was in the high 50s and wasn't sure whether she'd get a chance).
She was taking notes, so I'll let her post the "official" Q&A from tonight.

One thing I did catch, Robert Jordan claims to have enough notes to write
books based on WoT for the rest of his life. That's not a quote, but he
mentioned something to that effect.

One attendee (worked for a publishing company, used to work for Tor) had an
advance reader edition of "The Great Hunt" - he'd never even opened it, was
going to let RJ be the first. Also saw the leather bound editions of "The
Fires of Heaven" and "The Dragon Reborn" - something like only 100 and 150
copies printed. They were asking around $200/each. My only problem with
these books is that apparently they haven't done limited editions of the first
three books (maybe they will?), but I couldn't justify the money for a partial
limited edition series.

That's it from me.

// #include <std/disclaimer.h>
// ryan...@mindspring.com * http://www.mindspring.com/~ryangran/homepage.html
// Ryan Gran - This .sig lines up under Windows. "The Truth is Out There."

// Advanced Systems Engineering * LAN & Voice Mail Solutions for Atlanta!